• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Times Bookazine On Ghosts & Hauntings

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
frtghost.jpg

From the archives of FORTEAN TIMES, the world’s foremost journal of strange phenomena, comes a new collection exploring the world of ghosts, poltergeists and haunted houses.

The perfect collection for would-be ghost hunters, this special edition from Fortean Times investigates classic cases past and present —from haunted hotels, theatres, pubs and even record shops to spooky encounters with phantom hitchhikers and a doughnut-eating poltergeist! Join us on a terrifying trawl through cases old and new as we investigate "the most haunted house in England", examine the real-life ghost story that inspired The Turn of the Screw and explore such bizarre topics as Victorian ghost impersonators and Norwegian harbinger spirits. Plus, our resident ghost expert Alan Murdie provides updates and commentary on the articles to help readers separate spectral fact from spooky fiction and offers his own tips for successful ghost hunting.

Source:
https://shop.forteantimes.com/category/BOOK/source/ftghostfb

I ventured into town today for some shopping and was pleasantly surprised to find another FT bookazine on the shelves of WHSmith. I had previously bought the Monster bookazine and didn't expect another one to appear so soon but I found the new Ghosts & Hauntings Bookazine fresh on the shelf for Halloween. Another 80 page compilation of articles from the FT archive with new updates and analysis by Alan Murdie, Ghost hunter and writer of the Ghost Watch column in FT.
It is priced at £6.99. It has twelve chapters. Of particular interest to me is a chapter about Hinton Ampner, a place I have visited many times.
Plenty of copies available in the shop I went to so it must have just been released.

Attachments

• F8UUKh-W8AAnX3p.jpeg
    F8UUKh-W8AAnX3p.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 18
I found mine in Sainsbury’s they were gone by the next week.

I’m a tad disappointed so far. The first feature is about a haunting, yay. The next one it turns out there’s no actual haunting or ghost and then there’s one about people pretending to be ghosts. It’s put me off a bit. I want proper ghost stories and encounters.

Back