• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Gravity Modification With Spinning High-Temp Superconductors

When you say 'gravitational anomalies', are you referring to the way in which, if drunk in sufficient quantities, the human body somehow becomes more attracted to things like hedges, door frames, and the floor?

Haven't seen anything on this in here or in "New Science" so ...

The Scientist That "Discovered Antigravity" Then Disappeared Completely​

Interesting channel as well

What is the name of the scientist?

Yes, and my favourite comment on that video - "Apparently the guy who discovered invisibility has also dissappeared."
:hahazebs:

The most recent posts about Ning Li have now been merged into the longstanding thread about her work and alleged "disappearance."

These claims are for a virtual impossibility concerning. "anti-gravity" . This reminds me of project with NSA (National Security Agency). I one time worked on a project requiring "top secret clearance" to transmit a beam of RF though a solid conductor with a reflection coefficient of 1.0, In laymen's terms to transmit signal thru a perfect conductor (which in all rights should be impossible). The project made some sceptical and questionable results. Damn had to quit smoking cannabis for several years due to clearance.

According to her Wiki entry, she died on July 27, 2021 from Alzheimer's, after being hit by a car, leaving her with brain damage. There's no mention of any disappearance.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ning_Li_(physicist)
That's sad. It's not certain whether she was following up Podkletnov's work or had other sources for her ideas. Nick Cook has an excellent book about antigravity research The Hunt for Zero Point. Obviously the Bell is the original work in this area. Cook's theory that the head of research in Nazi Germany, Hans Kammler, came over to the US has since been confirmed both by the family of the Intelligence agent who worked with Kammler and by completely independent research that documents how Kammler had made secret arrangements with the Americans a year before to give them the info and possibly betray the Japanese who were waiting for the enriched uranium being sent to them by submarine. However, it seems the Bell was so dangerous that it caused some major crashes, notably Kecksburg.

If they found anti gravity what would they do with it? Is it any use to mankind?

If they found anti gravity what would they do with it? Is it any use to mankind?
It's a bit of a general term, but the main aim of this kind of research is to create some kind of field propulsion, i.e. a way of powering aircraft without the normal limitations of air friction, inertia, etc. In the US the most promising option seemed to be the Biefield-Brown effect whereby charging a disc to ultra high levels of electricity would produce a drive capable of very high velocity. Some work was carried out in US and Canada but critics said the effect wasn't strong enough. If you get Nick Cook's book you will see that at one time all the main aircraft companies were openly researching such things before officialdom classified it all.

There are a whole load of potential applications:
  • Flying cars
  • Floating trains
  • Personal flying apparatus (instead of a jet pack)
  • Aircraft
  • Spacecraft
  • Anything else that can be imagined
The main reason for using it would be that it is pollution-free.

That's a good question, and it depends what form it takes. Aircraft and frictionless (apart from air resistance) travel are the obvious ones. An alternative to expensive to fly helicopters, with vertical take-off and hovering capabilities, could be a game changer. But only if it's more economical. If antigravity turns out to be more expensive than the alternatives without much better performance, it's of little use. Space travel is another obvious possibility, if having some control over gravity translates to having some control over inertia. Again, it would have to compete with existing and other emerging technologies economically or in performance.

The whole concept of anti-gravity is bullshit, and nothing of the sort has been discovered; nor is it is likely to be. Consider this; to generate one gee of acceleration requires the mass of the entire planet Earth. In order to generate enough antigravity to negate Earth's gravitational pull would require one entire Earth's mass of anti-gravitational material. This would severely distort the entire fabric of space-time near the source, and cause tides and possibly even spagettification if the curvature were strong enough.

There was a very small theoretical chance that antimatter would react negatively to gravity, when considered in isolation; but this possibility has now been discounted.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2023/sep/27/scientists-find-antimatter-is-subject-to-gravity

So no Nazi Bell, I'm afraid; no Blefeld-Brown thrusters, no flying cars.
(except perhaps for these ones, which work on a completely different principle).
suzuki-skydrive-designboom-02.jpg

There are a whole load of potential applications:
  • Flying cars
  • Floating trains
  • Personal flying apparatus (instead of a jet pack)
  • Aircraft
  • Spacecraft
  • Anything else that can be imagined
The main reason for using it would be that it is pollution-free.
Another use would be as a replacement for parachutes.
The way I see it, anti-gravity isn't done by creating a gravity-equal force. It's the search for a material that negates gravity, like Cavorite in The First Men in The Moon. It stuff that gravity doesn't operate on - it's nullified.
Sure, it sounds impossible but it's more possible than creating gravity with less mass.

Even light, which is massless, follows a geodesic - that is to say, it interacts with gravity. So a material that doesn't interact with gravity is non-physical, which is a fancy way of saying impossible.

Curiously enough, Sir Joseph Banks considered buoyancy (i.e. balloons) to be a useful form of antigravity, and he suggested attaching hydrogen or hot air balloons to the four corners of loaded wagons and carriages. He didn't really consider the advantages of free flight.
He saw the balloon as ‘a counterpoise to Absolute Gravity’: that is, as a flotation device to be attached to traditional forms of coach or cart, making them lighter and easier to move over the ground. So ‘a broad-wheeled wagon’ normally requiring eight horses to pull it might need only two horses with a Montgolfier attached. This aptly suggests how difficult it was, even for a trained scientific mind like Banks’s, to imagine the true possibilities of flight in these early days.

Note that a wagon or carriage attached to a series of balloons might have its weight reduced, but its mass and inertia would remain the same - making it very difficult to steer and control such a vehicle. I believe that commercial freight balloons have been proposed in the modern era, but they would have the same trouble as the old Zeppelins in crosswinds.

Another use would be as a replacement for parachutes.
The way I see it, anti-gravity isn't done by creating a gravity-equal force. It's the search for a material that negates gravity, like Cavorite in The First Men in The Moon. It stuff that gravity doesn't operate on - it's nullified.
Sure, it sounds impossible but it's more possible than creating gravity with less mass.
Obviously if our current theory could explain an "antigravity" or field propulsion drive we would have made one by now, so whatever it is would have to be based upon new principles and concepts. There are indications that maybe the Americans do have something along those lines -- e.g. the Black Triangles and perhaps even some of the recent alleged sightings. It seems that the Bell worked well enough as a drive but had the problem that it was dangerously unstable. The Kecksburg alleged UFO was certainly a Bell that had gone out of control and destroyed the airframe (molten metal was said to have fallen from it over Canada) -- this was well before the Polish government had asked Witkowski to made a report on the subject. (At sometime after the first issue of his book he was in the Cafeteria in Prague university and was approached by an Intelligence officer who told him that the Americans were still trying to make it work, but the pilots were "disintegrating.") The odds against any UFO witness describing a strange object identical to the Bell, same size, emitting blue haze while working, must be close to zero. The US military soon took over the site and played the flying saucer card, as usual. I think Stevens was the first researcher to spot the connection.

Here's Jason Colavito on the Bell mythology.
The story of the Bell begins in 2000 when a Polish journalist named Igor Witkowski claimed that a Polish military official showed him secret documents describing the so-called Nazi time machine in 1997. The Bell does not have any independent evidence to confirm its existence, and these alleged documents have never been revealed because, conveniently, Witkowski said he was not allowed to make copies. From here, the story entered fringe culture through the work of Nick Cook, Joseph P. Farrell, and Jim Marrs. The Discovery Channel, the Science Channel, and Ancient Aliens all broadcast speculative claims about the device, culminating now in In Search of Aliens devoting a full hour to a device few outside of fringe culture think actually existed. In short, it looks to be a hoax, or at least a wild exaggeration.
Witkowski claims that the Bell was an anti-gravity device caused by a “high energy vortex,” whatever that is supposed to mean. Tsoukalos says that the vortex can be caused by spinning balls of mercury, which he likens to floating UFOs. The show gives us a shot of Witkowski’s book, open to the page where there is a drawing (known to me only from internet postings) of a flying saucer labeled the Vril 9, named for Theosophy’s adaptation of the science fiction substance vril, from Bulwer-Lytton’s novel, The Coming Race. Here’s the hilarious part: Tsoukalos refers to vril as a form of “power in ancient Tibetan and Sanskrit texts.” Yes, the “ancient texts” written by Helena Blavatsky in the 1870s and 1880s, based on an 1871 sci-fi novel. Great work, Giorgio! Witkowski agrees that vril is an antigravity power source.
https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/review-of-in-search-of-aliens-s01e02-nazi-time-travelers
--------------
Vril?
Yes. Bulwer-Lytton's Vril.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vril
...for a time the word "Vril" came to be associated with "life-giving elixirs".[9] The best known use of "Vril" in this context is in the name of Bovril (a blend word of Bovine and Vril).

240px-Jar_of_Bovril_%28yeast_extract_version%29.jpg

In short, it is all a tall story. Fascinating, but not a word is true.

Last edited:
Are you saying the origin of Bovril's name isn't true?
Don't tell me so! I love the stuff!

Here's Jason Colavito on the Bell mythology.

https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/review-of-in-search-of-aliens-s01e02-nazi-time-travelers
--------------
Vril?
Yes. Bulwer-Lytton's Vril.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vril

240px-Jar_of_Bovril_%28yeast_extract_version%29.jpg

In short, it is all a tall story. Fascinating, but not a word is true.
In fact I have been in regular contact with Igor for several years and he certainly is a straightforward and honest investigator. I can't help being amused at the way you (1) totally accept a sceptic's conclusions and then (2) admit that you haven't even read Witkowski's book! I'm afraid I prefer to do my own research and my own reading. Had you said something like, in my view I feel the story is untrue, I might be inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt, but posting photos of Bovril jars doesn't seem like a very convincing argument!

I just checked out Colavito's account and it is no more than a (justified) critique of various "Ancient Alien" theories. Colavito doesn't even claim to have read Witkovski's book himself! Just because some ancient alien theorists tried to get in on the act and start claiming alien involvement in the Bell story he thinks that is sufficient reason to dismiss the whole thing. He is totally ignorant about the Bell project, claims that the strange henge structure is just a cooling tower and is unaware of the high tension cables under it and its other features. He is also unaware that more recently two Irish researchers have confirmed that the mastermind behind the Bell and all other Nazi projects (including of course the V weapons), Hans Kammler, was indeed brought to the States as part of a deal he had struck with the US which also involved giving them the purified Uranium on a sub supposedly taking it to Japan. It has been confirmed that the uranium was used in the two A bombs dropped on Japan. I may be old fashioned, but I find it unacceptable that anyone would dismiss any idea without checking the original sources themselves!

All sheer nonsense. But believe it if you like; I'd prefer to see any evidence of a working anti-gravity machine. In reality there is none. If there were any evidence at all Hal Puthoff would have his Nobel prize by now.

Kecksburg was a meteor, that landed nowhere near the United States. A lot of people believe in the myth of this fictional Bovril-powered antigravity craft, but it would never get off the ground.

Unenriched uranium was mostly being used by the Third Reich for uranium-tipped conventional weapons, just as we use depleted uranium today. Heisenberg was also trying to make an atomic pile from uranium, but since he was also using unenriched uranium, a chain reaction would have been very difficult to achieve.
m_36_1_f5.jpeg

Cubes of unenriched uranium from Heisenberg's experiments were found on the black market after the war, and it is possible Kammler may have had some of these, but since he disappeared after the war it is difficult to know what he had. All the Nazi uranium cubes are unenriched.

And of course there is no evidence that the Bell even used uranium for any purpose, since it didn't exist.

All sheer nonsense. But believe it if you like; I'd prefer to see any evidence of a working anti-gravity machine. In reality there is none. If there were any evidence at all Hal Puthoff would have his Nobel prize by now.

Kecksburg was a meteor, that landed nowhere near the United States. A lot of people believe in the myth of this fictional Bovril-powered antigravity craft, but it would never get off the ground.

Unenriched uranium was mostly being used by the Third Reich for uranium-tipped conventional weapons, just as we use depleted uranium today. Heisenberg was also trying to make an atomic pile from uranium, but since he was also using unenriched uranium, a chain reaction would have been very difficult to achieve.
m_36_1_f5.jpeg

Cubes of unenriched uranium from Heisenberg's experiments were found on the black market after the war, and it is possible Kammler may have had some of these, but since he disappeared after the war it is difficult to know what he had. All the Nazi uranium cubes are unenriched.

And of course there is no evidence that the Bell even used uranium for any purpose, since it didn't exist.
I don't know how it could be possible to have anti-gravity when gravity itself remains an unknown reality?

In many ways, almost everything in physics and cosmology is an unknown reality. All we can do is measure certain quantities with respect to one another, and this makes all knowledge relative.

Sometimes this data and these relationships allow engineers to build something useful, like a steam engine, an MRI machine, a laptop, or a space rocket, but no-one knows why these physical qualities exist or have the values that they do.

In many ways, almost everything in physics and cosmology is an unknown reality. All we can do is measure certain quantities with respect to one another, and this makes all knowledge relative.

Sometimes this data and these relationships allow engineers to build something useful, like a steam engine, an MRI machine, a laptop, or a space rocket, but no-one knows why these physical qualities exist or have the values that they do.
That is absolutely fascinating, and profound! :comphit:

Last edited:
Heisenberg was also trying to make an atomic pile from uranium, but since he was also using unenriched uranium, a chain reaction would have been very difficult to achieve.
I should point out that Enrico Fermi was also working with unenriched (natural) uranium when he achieved the first chain reaction in 1942 in Chicago. But he used 4.5 tonnes of natural uranium, and 45 tonnes of uranium oxide to produce about half a watt of energy.

Heisenberg had about 1.5 tonnes of unenriched uranium; if he had gathered all the German uranium together he might have achieved a chain reaction, but the power output would be very low. In the last days of the war, Germany could not match the billions of dollars poured into the Manhattan project.

Back