• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
So they did start filming #3? I haven't stumbled across anything about the filming of the third movie at all, which is kind of unusual.

Midnight said:
So they did start filming #3? I haven't stumbled across anything about the filming of the third movie at all, which is kind of unusual.

dun no is it number 3?... i dont follow these things... she was filming last week i think.

Yes, the last thing I heard was they were to start filming the third movie as of March 2003.

Midnight said:
Yes, the last thing I heard was they were to start filming the third movie as of March 2003.

wel there u are they been filming..no idea how far on they are tho my mate is just a small cog! ... employed for her hair (surely anyone could wear a wig....who know how casting directors minds work)

sidecar_jon said:
wel there u are they been filming..no idea how far on they are tho my mate is just a small cog! ... employed for her hair (surely anyone could wear a wig....who know how casting directors minds work)

Maybe they couldn't get the right 'look' with a wig? Who knows, but good for her, I'd give my right arm to be in her shoes: there on the set.;)

Midnight said:
Maybe they couldn't get the right 'look' with a wig? Who knows, but good for her, I'd give my right arm to be in her shoes: there on the set.;)

well she said she was now some sort of god to her neices and nephews....but a bit anoyed about being done out of two days pay.

Yes, copying your extras with CGI so you don't have to pay them is pretty underhanded. They'll have to come up with some kind of ruling against it, the SAG or whoever governs such things...

Midnight said:
Yes, copying your extras with CGI so you don't have to pay them is pretty underhanded. They'll have to come up with some kind of ruling against it, the SAG or whoever governs such things...

i cant realy think of a way to make it fair tho... screen time?, many extras get cut out and wouldnt get paid.

Being an extra is not a fair business to begin with, there are always those who get cut out of the picture. But now to take your image and then cheat you out of several days pay, especially when those movies are guranteed to rake in the cash, stinks.

Thanks for the links. :)

I don't know about this new casual look though, hope they still wear their cloaks, and what was The Sun on about, wearing blazers?? They never wore blazers at Hogwarts, they wore cloaks! :rolleyes:

Harry Potter is about the 'natural' difrence between those born to power and those who are sniveling wretches who need protected.

I personaly thought that it was a disdurbingly sentamental portrid of a lon lost British empire.

(I hate the Harry Snotter books.)

Yeah I think these were pictures of the rehearsals.

Spooky angel said:
Thanks for the links. :)

I don't know about this new casual look though, hope they still wear their cloaks, and what was The Sun on about, wearing blazers?? They never wore blazers at Hogwarts, they wore cloaks! :rolleyes:
Sun journalists are merely Rupert Murdoch's favourite, 'butt monkeys.'

A bit like the Wicked Witch's 'flying monkeys' in 'The Wizard of Oz,' only more unpleasant. Don't expect them to actually do any research, they think any kind of old, clichéd, claptrap will do for the customers, as long as there are bare breasts on a nearby page.

lol Yeah, and the way they had to mention about the director's last "racey" film he made, as if Harry Potter fans are interested!
So is Taras right and these were just rehearsal pics or do we have a new casual, no cloaks, Harry?

Aren't they allowed to go into town in this one?
Don't they wear "civvies" instead of the cloaks
so they fit in better?

Also: what is this about Michael Gambon playing
Dumbledore like an old hippie? Why?!?
Or am I really missing something and that is what
Richard Harris was doing?

TVgeek

A More Socially Relevant Harry?

I found this the other day:
Harry Potter 6: Harry Potter and the Department of Social Security .

Be warned there's lot's of swearing and it's quite nasty.

A Harry Potter crossed with 'Skinhead' and set in something like a 'real' Britain. Day-glo, spray paint, graffiti and vomit satire.

The E-Mail comments, from the poor souls whose bubble has been burst by the wicked flanneur and satirist, are a gas.

TVgeek said:
Aren't they allowed to go into town in this one?
Don't they wear "civvies" instead of the cloaks
so they fit in better?
TVgeek

No, the town they visit is Hogsmeade, the only village in Great Britain completely populated by wizards. They would fit in better in cloaks there.

TVgeek said:
Also: what is this about Michael Gambon playing
Dumbledore like an old hippie? Why?!?
If he'd just play him like 'The Singing Detective.' Now that would be something!

A couple of choruses of 'That Old Black Magic,' 'I'll Put a Spell On You,' 'Love Potion Nº 9,' or even 'Jailhouse Rock!' With all the kids and teachers miming and dancing along. That would be worth seeing! :p

If they could get John Waters to direct it like 'Hairspray,' 'Cry Baby,' or even 'Pink Flamingos' ...

Emperor Zombie said:
)discected by bored socialites who forgot to read the morning paper and bring the after eights to the party,

I was supposed to bring after eights? :eek: What a faux pas.

We're living in a boom period for this book...like when I was a kid it was star wars. would have been interesting to view the ill read opinions of those that regarded that series as utter shite in its day....

I bet all the people who slated it when it first came out are the same people now who say "archetype", "classic", "timeless", blah de blah. Ditto Harry Potter in about twenty years. ^_^

I hope they aren't trying to change Dumbledore, I mean I know it's a new person playing him but he is still meant to be the same person!

Slytherin said:
I bet all the people who slated it when it first came out are the same people now who say "archetype", "classic", "timeless", blah de blah. Ditto Harry Potter in about twenty years. ^_^
No. I still say that 'Star Wars' is a derivative 'pile of shite.' However, I am warming to the Harry Potter series, although I've been reading the latest to my kid, solidly for the last month, and I'm still 8 chapters short of returning it to the library on Monday. :(

Not only that, but it's got so dark and complex, I have to wonder about the value of reading it to a 9 year old, anyway. :confused:

Spooky angel said:
I hope they aren't trying to change Dumbledore, I mean I know it's a new person playing him but he is still meant to be the same person!
Maybe, they'll do a 'Doctor Who' on him! :laughing:

I thought Sir Ian McKellern was the new Dumbledore?

Mind you, I'd have preferred Peter o'Toole myself.

I think Gambon will do a good job, but you can understand why he'd want to put his own stamp on things.

A venerable actor like-what-he-is wouldn't wish to be hired in order to do a Richard Harris impression.

And Gary Oldman as Sirius BlacK! Eh? Eh?

Inspired bit of casting, or what?

All we need is Tim Roth as Wormtail and Alan Cummings as Lupin and we'll really be cooking with gas! :D

AndroMan said:
And Gary Oldman as Sirius BlacK! Eh? Eh?

Inspired bit of casting, or what?

All we need is Tim Roth as Wormtail and Alan Cummings as Lupin and we'll really be cooking with gas! :D

I believe it's Tim Spall as Wormtail and David Thewlis as Lupin, so not a million miles away.

One geeky point - those characters (Lupin, Wormtail, Black) are contemporaries of Lily and James Potter, who were supposedly only 30 odd when they died. But the actors they've roped in are all well into their 40s. Tut tut...........

Back