• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
This song's rubbish but the video's good fun in an 80's Fangoria magazine way .. NSFW for gore F/X.

The original Swedish 'Let the Right One in' is great. Don't bother with American knock offs.
The whole Peter Cushing "Hammer" Frankenstein series is so very classic. Including my personal favorites: The Revenge of Frankenstein, The Curse of Frankenstein and Frankenstein the Monster from Hell.

The whole Peter Cushing "Hammer" Frankenstein series is so very classic. Including my personal favorites: The Revenge of Frankenstein, The Curse of Frankenstein and Frankenstein the Monster from Hell.

Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed was the best Hammer Frankenstein for me. Smart, tragic, and pretty nasty with a great performance from Cushing as the villain.

Nocturnal Animals: Intriguing film. Deliverance crossed with Neon Demon. Noir which is in the slipstream of Horror. A film within a film and a lot of the rest told in flashbacks. 8/10.

Fantastic photo shopping skills .. an American Werewolf In A Trending Gastro Pub ..

american-werewolfingastropub.jpg

Grab it while you can (tonight I expect) ... one of my favourites ..

Ok I know this is a show, but is anyone watching Channel Zero on Syfy? Usually the original programming on that channel stinks but this show legitimately creeped me out.
I think because the premise of a show only children can see that makes the kids hurt themselves is something I've heard before. And watching ep. 1 last night I could've swore I'd seen the Candle Cove footage before too! Which is nonsense, but there was a definite familiarity there.

Ok I know this is a show, but is anyone watching Channel Zero on Syfy? Usually the original programming on that channel stinks but this show legitimately creeped me out.
I think because the premise of a show only children can see that makes the kids hurt themselves is something I've heard before. And watching ep. 1 last night I could've swore I'd seen the Candle Cove footage before too! Which is nonsense, but there was a definite familiarity there.

Its not showing on SyFy UK yet.

SF author Richard Kadrey tweeted this:

One more positive post today, A demonic silent movie: Maciste in Hell Be sure to put on appropriately Hellish music.

Original Title : Maciste all'Inferno
Genre : Fantasy, Horror
Release Date : 19 October 1925
Directed by Guido Brignone
Produced by Fert-Pittaluga, Itala Film
Starring : Bartolomeo Pagano

SF author Richard Kadrey tweeted this:

One more positive post today, A demonic silent movie: Maciste in Hell Be sure to put on appropriately Hellish music.

Original Title : Maciste all'Inferno
Genre : Fantasy, Horror
Release Date : 19 October 1925
Directed by Guido Brignone
Produced by Fert-Pittaluga, Itala Film
Starring : Bartolomeo Pagano

Richard Kadrey
If you're watching Maciste in Hell, my suggestion for music is Art Zoyd's Nosferatu soundtrack

I haven't watched the 2nd one I'm still recovering from the 1st. It was unsettling. The last movie that unsettled me was The Witch but this is different. The Witch only bothered me for the baby death. Channel Zero freaks me out because of the damn familiarity of it.

how can you make a boring cannibal western mutant thingys movie? the ppl behind bone tomahawk managed it,too much of a cripple struggling along and not enough excitement. 2/5

how can you make a boring cannibal western mutant thingys movie? the ppl behind bone tomahawk managed it,too much of a cripple struggling along and not enough excitement. 2/5

Have to admit I loved it. I can see why not everybody would though. Its an old style Western with rounded characters and a slow developing plot merged with a Horror film. Like a pastiche of two 50s/60s genres. It even had an old fashioned Western style theme song .

Stakelands 2: The Stakelander.. In this sequel The Brotherhood who see the Vampire Plague as the Lord's Work overrun New Eden. Martin is the only survivor and goes in search of the legendary Vampire Hunter, Mister.

Martin makes his way through a savage devastated landscape. He encounters a crazed homicidal old couple, cannibals and slavers on his quest to locate Mister. A rag-taggle team is assembled to battle The Brotherhood and their new She-Vamp leader.

Good Vampire/Post-Apocalypse Thriller. The Vampires are more Zombie like apart from their Alphas who retain a more Human appearance. Disturbing and not for the squeamish or faint-hearted. 7/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5843670/news?ref_=tt_pv_nw_sm

The Monster: A mother & her 14 year old daughter hit a wolf while driving on a lonely road. The wolf however has other strange wounds. A tow-truck arrives but the driver disappears. Minutes later his severed arm hits the windscreen. Guess hes not a handyman anymore. The film then develops into a cat & mouse struggle between the family and the monster who they see devouring the breakdown guy.

Good Horror drama with a well imagined monster dragging people through windscreens and turning over vehicles. Looked like a bear-reptile hybrid. Running time 91m. 6.5/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3976144/

I'm not the first person to point this out, but:

Tom Cruise stars in LifeForce remake?

That looks extremely noisy and action-packed, but it could be good fun.

A point of order, though - when Tom pulls the ripcord on the girl's parachute, would it behave like that? I mean, they were inside the plane, so what provided the initial "tug" to open the 'chute?

Cry of the Banshee (1970), just discovered this one, I thought it sounded like it would fit into the Folk Horror genre.

The title credit sequence was animated by Terry Gilliam.

The film is set in Elizabethan England and revolves around a wicked magistrate who tries to kill all the members of a coven of witches. It opens, like many Vincent Price movies, with a quote from Edgar Allan Poe—in this case, The Bells.

Lord Edward Whitman (Vincent Price), as magistrate presides over the trial of a young woman. Ruling that she is a witch, he has her branded, whipped through the streets, then placed in the village stocks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cry_of_the_Banshee

A point of order, though - when Tom pulls the ripcord on the girl's parachute, would it behave like that? I mean, they were inside the plane, so what provided the initial "tug" to open the 'chute?

A liiiiiittle thing called CGI.

Coven: Horror short film. A writer with drink and drug problems ODs and ends up in hospital. A friend oersuades him to join an AA style self-help group. Even though they meet in a church building it soon becomes clear this circle have a rather esoteric agenda.

Filmed in black & white, running time 40m. An effective amateur film. 6.5/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0225434/

Gallowwalkers

Oh my god. Wesley Snipes, western gun slinger, vampire like zombie things, looks good right?

Wow. Just awful. Director in his head had a number of scenes he wanted to film that looked stylish and had no idea how to write a plot that linked them together, the answer was of course, don't have a plot, people will think it's all arty and stuff.

Utter gash, stuff happens, more stuff happens, on two occasions characters stop and try and explain at length the whole of what has been happening for the last forty-five minutes to another character who wouldn't care, I knew the feeling I couldn't have given two shits by that point.

Snipes, if you weren't quite hard I'd probably slap you for appearing in this tosh, as it is I'll just tut at you over the internet.

Gallowwalkers

Oh my god. Wesley Snipes, western gun slinger, vampire like zombie things, looks good right?

Wow. Just awful. Director in his head had a number of scenes he wanted to film that looked stylish and had no idea how to write a plot that linked them together, the answer was of course, don't have a plot, people will think it's all arty and stuff.

Utter gash, stuff happens, more stuff happens, on two occasions characters stop and try and explain at length the whole of what has been happening for the last forty-five minutes to another character who wouldn't care, I knew the feeling I couldn't have given two shits by that point.

Snipes, if you weren't quite hard I'd probably slap you for appearing in this tosh, as it is I'll just tut at you over the internet.

Yeah from memory tried too hard and really didn't have the substance. I'm sure it sounded good at the pitch.

Re Gallowalkers - due to Wesley Snipes' tax problems the film went through many changes and delays, and was completed in 2010. That might have been the problem there.

Back