• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Forteans may well be interested in Out of the Dark (currently on Netflix UK), which I saw last night as a last mi ute replacement for Blackfoot Trail when our Amazon connection went tits up.

An Irish couple, driving through Co. Offaly, break down and have to seek help at a local farm house... unaware that earlier that evening the house's owner happened to accidentally dig up a vampire while cutting peat.

Low budget, but very nicely shot, with good performances and plenty of grue, it comes over reminiscent of Dog Soldiers, Pitch Black, Texas Chainsaw and Nosferatu, all at once, while carving its own identity.

Played absolutely straight, making great use of "rules" and suspense, and with an impressive monster, I can heartily recommend it for lovers of unexpected rural horror.

Could it possibly have an alternate title? Can't find it on IMDB.

I thought that too, when I searched for it after watching. I will dig about and when I'm on Netflix next, I'll post more details. Perhaps search for "Irish", "vampire" and "peat bogs" under 'terms'?

Nina Forever. The FT gave this a lukewarm review, but it's actually pretty good, about a man whose dead ex comes back to life to hound him whenever he has sex with his new girlfriend. The new girl is the focus, she wants to be all dark and brooding, and this situation gives her the chance, but the moral is basically be careful what you wish for. I read reviews saying it was the best Clive Barker film Barker never wrote, and that's fairly accurate. Worth a look for something out of the ordinary.

What We Do In The Shadows sequel is called We're Wolves

There was plenty of joyful swearwolving when we learned in August last year that What We Do In The Shadows co-directors Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi were planning a follow-up about the loony lycanthrope characters introduced in their vampire comedy. Now we know the film is tentatively titled We're Wolves.

Previously called What We Do In The Moonlight, the new, even punnier title is still largely under wraps, but will focus on Rhys Darby's Anton and his polite pack of lycanthropes who try their best to follow a strict code of behaviour, despite the temptation every full moon to turn into howling beasts.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/shadows-sequel-called-wolves/

I watched 'What we do in the shadows' two nights ago. What a great little mockumentary. Can't wait for the sequel.

Edited to add;- I only just got 'we're wolves.' werewolves.

This looks pretty good .. it might jut be the music used .. and Kevin Footloose Bacon's in it as well

Has anyone seen the Visit?

It's fairly typical that I stated that Blumhouse Productions were the bee's knees before realising they had hooked up with Shymalamadingdong. I'll rent it tomorrow but I'm not holding out much in the way of hope...

Has anyone seen the Visit?

It's fairly typical that I stated that Blumhouse Productions were the bee's knees before realising they had hooked up with Shymalamadingdong. I'll rent it tomorrow but I'm not holding out much in the way of hope...

Its ok, worth watching.

Bone Tomahawk. This film has some usual Western tropes: Indian Sacred Burial Site desecrated, Indians abduct a Deputy Sheriff and a Doctor, The Pursuit.

But this is no ordinary Western, the Native-Americans involved are Cannibals. Another Indian describes them as Troglodytes, cave dwelling inbred Cannibals (maybe they earlier abducted members of the Bean Clan).

This is both a Savage Western and a Cannibal Holocaust film. People are butchered alive, decapitated, limbs severed. Yet another film to be avoided by the faint-hearted and squeamish. 8/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2494362/

Saw it tonight in the cinema, even better and gorier on the big screen. Truly a Savage Western, even a Horror Western.

Evil Dead 3 aka Army of Darkness ... not really a horror film but more Jason and the Argonauts with splatter and Three Stooges jokes .. and Deadites ... it's good Indiana Jones type switch your brain off and just have fun stuff THE FULL MOVIE: :cooll: watch the first 5 minutes then tell me you're not hooked ..

Last edited:
:glee:

Cannon Films are coming back and producing American Ninja Apprentice and Return of The Delta Force
February 19, 2016
If you’re a fan of bad movies, then you’ll probably know The Cannon Group. Throughout the 1980s, they brought us cinema classics like Death Wish 3, Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo, The Apple, Masters of the Universe, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, American Ninja, Missing in Action, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and Delta Force. They also once bought the rights to Spider-Man thinking he was a human spider before realising he was a comic book character and promptly sold the rights back.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/...apprentice-and-return-of-the-delta-force.html

Here's the update letter from the firm,

Cbl6aycUEAEQmbv.jpg

I dunno, it might be on a level with The Asylum or whatever Roger Corman churns out dirt cheap these days. Cannon bought up cinemas to show its product, I doubt an American Ninja reboot would see the insides of many theatres.

Canon films are the greatest! (At being the worst!)

Pride And Prejudice And Zombies: Good take on the old classic with added titbits. Not just Zombies but a Zombie plot to conquer the UK if not the World. A Zombie Aristocracy, smarter than the average revenants are behind this with a mysterious leader.

The Bennett sister are ass-kicking Zombie killers as is Mr Darcy, who as Colonel Darcy leads the fight against the undead. Great fun seeing Mrs Featherstone's Whist Party being overrun by Zombies. 7/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1374989/

Not even zombies can make anything involving Jane Austen characters interesting...

So simple, yet entertaining! Excellent.

Horror High is brilliant! Nerdy high school guy is bullied by the football team, his teachers (his English teacher tears up his biology report because he handed that in instead of his English paper) and the janitor. He concocts a potion to make his guinea pig aggressive (as part of his biology project!), drinks it himself and turns into an aggressive monster, just like in the Jekyll And Hyde movie they were watching in English class) and murders all his tormentors. Pretty terrible stuff, in an I Can't Take My Eyes Off Of This sort of way!

The Forest: US made but set mostly in Japan. US woman, Jess, goes missing in the Aokigahara Forest, where people go to commit suicide. Her Twin Sara rushes to Japan to find her. Many of the usual Japanese Horror Film Tropes with Angry Ghosts and Trickster Spirits, Yúrei. These Yúrei foll you into harming yourself rather than directly causing harm.

With the aid of a forest ranger and an Ozzie travel writer Sara searches the forest but she is soon submerged in a world of dangerous illusion.

Confusing at times, perhaps due to editing but ending suggests a sequel. 6/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3387542/

Back