• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Good lad! Thanks! I will share with Dublin Horror Society.
Cool .. say Hi from me. The Omen is also uploaded on youtube now as well .. if and when I find anymore, I'll stick them here Ramon :)

As promised matey chops .. :axem:

Last edited:
This one looks like a bit of a laugh .. English seaside town taken over by people turned into zombies after drinking herbal tea that's been washed up on the beach in a mysterious crate .. it could happen ..

edit: would recommend .. reminded me of BAD TASTE but funnier.

Last edited:

[SUBTITLES!]

From Russia last November - the latest in a growing list of supernatural thrillers getting produced there This is one of their best yet: a thoughtful and doomy tale of a driver, tasked with the responsibility of delivering an errant letter who discovers he has taken on an ancient curse. There is a lot of new talent involved in this: a new director, an actor new to the screen and so on - nevertheless it is well made - classy in fact.

In fact, I wouldn't be all that surprised if this crops up in the World Cinema section of the film DVD racks fairly soon.

Brilliant Swifty. I was looking for the original Hitcher a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find it.
I hope Rutger Hauer gave himself a pat on the back after watching the remake .. no one was ever going to portray the Hitcher as well as he did.

Let The Right One In: A stage version at the Abbey Theatre Dublin. A lively performance with the child characters played by actors in their late teens. Adapted for the Stage by Jack Thorne and Directed by John Tiffany. The Movement Director is Steven Hoggett who might better be described as the choreographer as there is certainly a lot of dance in the play with some of the even the most basic movements being poetry in motion.

Eli is played by Katie Honan who convinces as a young girl but then becomes ageless her vampiric self emerges. Convincing blood, bite marks and scars testify to the skills of special effects maestro Jeremy Chernwick and make-up artist Val Sherlock. Craig Connolly is Oskar, the bullied boy who falls in love with Eli and doesn't care if she is a boy or a girl.

The stage design by Christine Jones has a centrepiece of a forest of bare, climbable trees with a ventilation unit which transforms into a swimming pool. Furniture is moved by cast members, aided by lighting designer Chahine Yavroyan this transforms the stage into a multi-scene landscape with Nick Dunning as Hakan, Eli's "father" buthchering a victim in the background as other action takes place.

Truly wonderful ensemble performances.

This was originally a Nation Theatre of Scotland production with Associate Director (Abbey Theatre presentation) Luke Kernaghan, Associate Movement Director (Abbey Theatre presentation) Eddie Kay, Associate Special Effects Designer Niamh O’Meara.

680x590-2.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve just caught up with IT. Perhaps I’m a bit jaded now but I found it had few genuine scares or much new to offer. On the plus side, there are some fine performances from the young actors, making it feel like an R rated ‘Goonies Stand By Me’ but it fails in terms of continuity when the kids fail to build up a reaction to events.
‘Ewwww. Dirty water’
“It’s full of heads’
‘But ewwwww. Dirty water’.

They save their main Ewwwwdisgust for two of the characters kissing.

Sensible adults disappear in this film and those who are left are horrific and grotesque. I found this quite interesting as it’s the adults who manipulate, torment and abuse the kids more effectively than Pennywise. I suppose this is the point being made.

All too familiar horror tropes of self-slamming doors, spooky dolls, bad things happening in bathrooms, messages written blood on the walls etc run one after the other. Seen Ring? We do wells too! Seen Dark Water? Hey the kid’s wearing the same rain mac.
Despite the CG, it borrows so heavily from other, better movies that at times it’s like a montage of horror movies rather than being its own thing.

People who like this sort of thing will probably enjoy it but ultimately, Pennywise is unresolved as this is just Chapter One after all. I guess we can all see where the sequel will go.

3 Clown honks/5

I thought IT was pretty great, excellent cast and bringing King's particularly populist horror to the screen in a way that so many other King projects fumble (yeah, Dark Tower, I mean you). I liked the anti-bullying theme, and that getting through the victimisation can be as simple as finding a likeminded soul or five who can relate to your plight... what's Pennywise but a cosmic bully who draws strength from your fear? 4 red noses out of 5 from me.

I hope Rutger Hauer gave himself a pat on the back after watching the remake .. no one was ever going to portray the Hitcher as well as he did.

Watched it this afternoon for the first time in about 30 years. Maybe it's some kind of false memory Mandela thing, or it could be an edited version but I remember it as being much gorier than that.

It was really refreshing to see real helicopters and cop cars being destroyed for this movie, with no computer gimmickry involved. Must check out some more 80's stuff, From Beyond is on NetFlix i see.

Insidious Four: The Last Key: Still a prequel to the Lambert adventures but this time Elise Rainer goes back to where it all began - the house where she was raised and first encountered otherworldly entities. With Specs and Tucker in tow she has to deal with a troublesome ghost which is driving the present owner of the house crazy.

The contemporary action is interspersed with flashbacks to Elise's childhood, the strange death of her mother and her teenage years when she finally fled from her abusive father. There is far more than haunting going on in the house and a serial killer is uncovered as the malevolent spirit continues to persecute Elise. Elise has a difficult reunion with the brother she abandoned 50 years ago and his daughters also come under attack from the demon. Other demons have to be faced up to as the true story of her younger life is revealed.

Some shocks, a bit of gore, good special effects and a coherent script lined with a vein of humour makes this a solid Horror Film. 7/10

An in depth review of Super Dark Times, a film on Netflix which I would also recommend. Worth noting that the deadly weapons don't have to be guns.

...The moral decay blighting America is the unstated subject of the recent movie Super Dark Times, which had a brief theatrical run a few months ago and is now streaming on Netflix. It is not normally the kind of movie I would watch, or review, but since it was billed as a Gothic tale of teenagers growing up in a rundown upstate New York town in the mid-1990s—the same time and place where I came of age—I couldn’t help but think I should see the film. Throughout the sordid tale of death and madness, the physical and moral decay of America casts dark shadows over the lives of the unfortunate protagonists.

I was struck at how much Super Dark Times resembles Sins of Our Youth, which was released just about a year earlier. The bare bones of each movie’s plot are identical: In both films, a disaffected group of young white male teens combat their boredom with ill-advised play with deadly weapons, fueled by illicit substances, resulting in a tragic death. In both films, the survivors attempt to cover up their crime and turn on each other, resulting in more deaths until the police finally catch on and order is restored. Both movies, oddly enough, take place over the Christmas season, and both use lighting, framing, and blocking to give an air of supernatural horror to a rather straightforward story of the consequences of bad decisions.

Sins of Our Youth wasn’t a good movie, and Super Dark Times is the better of the two in large measure because it leans more heavily into style and minimizes the clichés, exposition, and heavy-handed messaging. It is, instead, a mood piece. And that mood is, apparently, depression. ...

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/review-of-super-dark-times

All too familiar horror tropes of self-slamming doors, spooky dolls, bad things happening in bathrooms, messages written blood on the walls etc run one after the other. Seen Ring? We do wells too! Seen Dark Water? Hey the kid’s wearing the same rain mac.

To be fair, the well and many of the other tropes you mention are all in the original novel (written long before Ring). I can't remember if the colour of rain mac was specified in the book, but it was certainly yellow in the TV movie, made 12 years before Dark Water.

To be fair, the well and many of the other tropes you mention are all in the original novel (written long before Ring). I can't remember if the colour of rain mac was specified in the book, but it was certainly yellow in the TV movie, made 12 years before Dark Water.
It's not the content, but how they are used - I thought the recent IT was incredible!

Pretty sure in the book it's described as a "yellow slicker", a word I'd never heard of before back then.

Just watched a zombie flick from a couple of years ago called The Girl With All The Gifts, recommend.

Great SF/Horror film. Really loved the scenes of a post-apocalypse London. One of the shopping centres looked like a mall I've been to in Carford, no need for further devastation!

I know it's fashionable to be unbothered by the Oscars these days - but hey, two horror movies are up for Best Picture, The Shape of Water and Get Out! Plus other nominations have come their way too! And unlike Silence of the Lambs, I don't want to hear any "Well, they're not really horror movies" rubbish from the media.

Back