• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

Is Elvis Still Alive?

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
The whole Elvis alive scene is very complex with hidden twins and two pastors at the church where they claim Elvis works, Bob Joyce and Robert Joyce. Bob is 84 and Robert 66.

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
They won't be bored for long if they've discovered the King of Rock 'n' Roll! Thankyouverymuch. Or was that Andy Kaufman?
Perhaps Andy and Elvis are hiding out on the same island?

Austin Popper

Emperor of Antarctica
Reaction score
Colorado, where the gold is still elusive
A bit off topic, but I watched an interesting documentary about "Orion" a few years back. I recall when some of his singing hit the internet, by way of people thinking it was The Big E. The similarity in the voice seemed uncanny. Turns out the story is pretty interesting. The guy couldn't get a break in the music biz because he just sounded like a guy imitating Elvis. Then, after Elvis died, some devil offered him one of those terrible bargains that would be hard to pass up.

The really weird part is it looks like there is a slim chance he was actually Elvis's half brother! Some DNA testing could shed light. Both guys are dead, but each had a child, who would be cousins if ol' Vernon was the father of the guy known as Orion. Wouldn't that be somethin'.

Jimmy Ellis came to a tragic end. Here's the site for the movie.
http://www.orionthemovie.com/

Mikefule

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
They won't be bored for long if they've discovered the King of Rock 'n' Roll! Thankyouverymuch. Or was that Andy Kaufman?
This is almost a Fortean subject in its own right: how the USA fought the most powerful monarchy in the world to gain their freedom so they could become the greatest democratic republic in the world — only so that they could randomly appoint more kings than you could shake a stick at.

There are half a dozen kings of the blues, and there are more claims for the title of "true king of rock and roll" than there were kingdoms in Saxon England!

Elvis is widely seen as "The King" because his promoters got onto that title early, used it relentlessly, and more or less own the copyright. I'm going to take a sidestep and say the real king was Sam Phillips, without whom, etc.

People seem to like having kings. The jazz people take it a step further with King Oliver, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, and the little known clarinet maestro, Baronet Blenkinsop. (I made one of those up.)

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Wasn't there a story of Jerry Lee Lewis in the audience at a show where the MC announced Elvis as "The King of Rock 'n' Roll", whereupon Jerry stood up, roared "I'M THE KING OF ROCK 'N' ROLL!!!" and stormed the stage, commandeering the piano and playing his songs, thereby causing a riot in the auditorium? Something like that.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
This is almost a Fortean subject in its own right: how the USA fought the most powerful monarchy in the world to gain their freedom so they could become the greatest democratic republic in the world — only so that they could randomly appoint more kings than you could shake a stick at.

There are half a dozen kings of the blues, and there are more claims for the title of "true king of rock and roll" than there were kingdoms in Saxon England!

Elvis is widely seen as "The King" because his promoters got onto that title early, used it relentlessly, and more or less own the copyright. I'm going to take a sidestep and say the real king was Sam Phillips, without whom, etc.

People seem to like having kings. The jazz people take it a step further with King Oliver, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, and the little known clarinet maestro, Baronet Blenkinsop. (I made one of those up.)
Also, Prince, Queen Latifah...

Mikefule

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Wasn't there a story of Jerry Lee Lewis in the audience at a show where the MC announced Elvis as "The King of Rock 'n' Roll", whereupon Jerry stood up, roared "I'M THE KING OF ROCK 'N' ROLL!!!" and stormed the stage, commandeering the piano and playing his songs, thereby causing a riot in the auditorium? Something like that.
I haven't heard that one. However, he did famously ignore the rules the one time he played at the Grand Ole Opry (in 1973).

Performers get 8 minutes maximum and are required to play country. Jerry Lee Lewis refused to leave the stage, and did 40 minutes including his best known rock n roll hits and the crowd went wild. At the end of the performance, he announced himself to be a “rock ‘n’ rollin’, country and western, rhythm and blues singin’ son-of-a-bitch!”

He saw it as his revenge for having been snubbed by the Nashville establishment years before.

JLL no doubt saw himself as the greatest. Listen to any live recording of Jerry Lee Lewis, or even some of his studio recordings, and he nearly always refers to himself in the third person. Like Little Richard, he had a penchant for self-mythologising.

Jerry Lee Lewis was friends with Elvis, but there was an occasion when he turned up at Gracelands drunk and with a gun. He was arrested on suspicion of intending to shoot Elvis. His explanation was that Elvis had rung him saying he needed to see him urgently. JLL had set off straight away despite being drunk, and had simply forgotten the gun was in the car. Unfortunately, Elvis was so drugged up that he forgot that he had asked JLL to come over.

It's possible that the story you remember is a conflation of ideas from these two documented incidents.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Jerry Lee Lewis was friends with Elvis, but there was an occasion when he turned up at Gracelands drunk and with a gun. He was arrested on suspicion of intending to shoot Elvis. His explanation was that Elvis had rung him saying he needed to see him urgently. JLL had set off straight away despite being drunk, and had simply forgotten the gun was in the car. Unfortunately, Elvis was so drugged up that he forgot that he had asked JLL to come over. ...
That may or may not be the incident comedian Kip Addotta described in his autobiography Confessions of a Comedian.

Addotta-Elvis.jpg
SOURCE: https://books.google.com/books?id=4...ge&q="jerry lee lewis" "I'm the king"&f=false

AgProv

Master of Uncertainty and Doubt
Reaction score
Written in 2001:
I heard the same on a Discovery Channel advert (I think). It went somewhere along the lines of: "If the number of Elvis impersonators keeps growing at the current rate, then they will have taken over the world by 2020". Explains the sightings then. :p
Well, there is still six months to go. Maybe by December?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
According to another bit of Elvis-related legend the Addotta story wasn't the only time Jerry Lee decided to prosecute his claim to rock kingship using a Colt .45 ...

THE King was in his counting house, or if not necessarily in his counting house, then in his luxury penthouse, holding court at the Las Vegas Hilton. It was the late 1960s, unwinding after another hysterical show, and Elvis was in his pomp.

Tom Jones was there, too, and so was Charles Mather (about whom we shall hear more very shortly.) The phone rang. “Sure, come on up,” said Elvis and two minutes later opened the door to a clearly inebriated Jerry Lee Lewis. The gun in his hand pointed straight at Presley.

“It’s just so you don’t forget that I’M the king of rock and roll,” said Lewis.

“Jerry,” said Elvis, “when you’re holding a Colt 45, you’re king of anything you want to be.”

Lewis threw the gun to the floor and walked away. Mather picked it up and discovered to his considerable consternation that it was loaded.
“I nearly wet myself, my life flashed in front of me,” he later recalled. ...
SOURCE: https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/o...ng-dead-long-dead-might-not-even-lasted-long/

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
Latest PROOF that Elvis is alive.

Some photos comparing damage on the thumb of Elvis and a similar injury on the thumb of Pastor Bob Joyce, who some claim is Elvis.

CC471A98-7B7C-42CF-8BD2-5DEBBB55F7CF.jpeg

Now just ignore the fact this sort of injury normally disappears after a few weeks / months and also the fact they are on opposite hands and if you ignore those things then it is definite proof. :rofl:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

Some photos comparing damage on the thumb of Elvis and a similar injury on the thumb of Pastor Bob Joyce, who some claim is Elvis.

View attachment 38866

Now just ignore the fact this sort of injury normally disappears after a few weeks / months and also the fact they are on opposite hands and if you ignore those things then it is definite proof. :rofl:
Guess my Dad must have been Elvis. He always had a fingernail like that, as a result of a woodworking injury (bashed it with a hammer or something).

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Well thank you very much !

The medical examiner listed Elvis’s death as a heat attack at age 42.

Rumors claimed because he was a drug junkie, his G I track just froze and his poop killed him struggling on the toilet.

Elvis is dead by hard poop impaction causing a heart attack.

Eat your prunes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

View attachment 38866

He works down the chip shop

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Well thank you very much !

The medical examiner listed Elvis’s death as a heat attack at age 42.

Rumors claimed because he was a drug junkie, his G I track just froze and his poop killed him struggling on the toilet.

Elvis is dead by hard poop impaction causing a heart attack.

Eat your prunes.
Elvis didn't die on the toilet, he died sitting on a chair in his (large) bathroom. He was reading a book about the case for the historical Jesus Christ at the time, however, which makes these claims of Elvis's resurrection quite appropriate.

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
It was rumored when Elvis’s mom died at 42, that really screwed with Elvis’s way of thinking.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
Elvis didn't die on the toilet, he died sitting on a chair in his (large) bathroom. He was reading a book about the case for the historical Jesus Christ at the time, however, which makes these claims of Elvis's resurrection quite appropriate.
Both the death of Jesus and that of Elvis featured Rock and Roll.