• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Jimmy Savile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now then, now then

This article tackles some of the Jimster's issues.

Favourite quote:

He says he hasn't a clue how much he's worth, nor does he care so long as he's got "all these pensions going chunky chunky, chinky chinky, chonky chonk".

I watched a prog on satty last night, 'I Love 1975' I think it was, and it featured Sav rounding up kids into a limo. To our jaded eyes, very sus-looking indeed.

Spooky angel said:
You aren't missing much, believe me. :rolleyes:
I always used to watch Jim'll fix it when I was small, but that man always gave me the creeps. To be honest, I wouldn't trust him at all, call it woman's intuition if you like.

I used to watch TOTP avidly in my younger days (60s-70s) and of all the DJs J Savile used to be one of the ones I disliked. Tony Blackburn was one of the other ones, but he was just boring, JS was the one whom I found creepy. We were always given the impression by TV programmes, etc, that he was an all-round good guy, doing more than his share for charity, good to his old mum, etc, but despite all that, there was still something about him . . .

Carole

It's impossible to take Saville seriously. Anyone recall his pronouncements on contemporary pop music a couple of years ago? To the effect that -to his ears- pop music is more varied now than at any point in history? This from a guy who supposedly works in the industry and who was working in the industry since the late 50s/early 60s. Has he had earplugs in all that time? Idiot.

Something else that was creepy when he was on Jim'll fix it was the way he always spoke so slowly to children.

How condescending. :rolleyes:

There should be a poll.
Jimmy Saville - Creepy, Disturbing or Makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end...

Jimmy reckons he invented the discoteque (am I repeating myself? Sorry) wherein hip kids danced to records instead of expensive live musicians. So I'd say that he sees music as more a means to an end (money? A chance to meet other music-lovers?) rather than mere artistic expression.

unicycle said:
There should be a poll.
Jimmy Saville - Creepy, Disturbing or Makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end...

Or all of the above!

I think Jimmy Savile is one of the great English eccentrics. I wouldn't necessarily want to meet him, mind you, but I always watched Jim'll Fix It and listened to his Old Record Club as a kid and had no problems with him.

That one with the scouts eating their packed lunches on the rollercoaster - tell me that's not comic genius.

Hows about that then?

If you'd spent some of your formative years down a pit, you might find...
chunky chunky, chinky chinky, chonky chonk.
...quite reassuring as well.

Actually there is a certain amount of jouissance, in even just posting...
chunky chunky, chinky chinky, chonky chonk.

I don't know about anyone else but I was watching 'room 101' on Monday night and at the end they showed a bizarre 70s film clip of someone dressed up as a monkey picking a girl in shorts up and running off with her, a child rescuing her and lo! the monkey takes off its mask and it was Jimmy Saville. It was Horrible and truly frightening. It keeps coming back to me. The man is creepy, as anyone who saw Louis Theroux's programme can confirm. He was a miserable old bugger who turned the charm on as soon as a reporter turned up, and he kept all his dead mother's clothes.

Sorry. I'm sure he's perfectly normal. Right.

I saw that too, and immediately thought of this thread. It wwas more than a little disturbing :cross eye

For fans of the man (Well, there might be some:rolleyes: ) Sir Jim chats to Pete Waterman at 11.20 on BBC2 on Tuesday September 24th.

I was flicking through the channels and accidentally saw a few seconds of that programme :eek!!!!:

As my old dad used to say "It's amazing what you see when you haven't got a gun"

Just read this thread from start to finish and I'm giggling like a loon.

LOVE the thread DD! Laughed out loud at that!:D

BTW, I had a friend who's actually appeared on Jim'll Fix It and SHE DIDN'T EVEN WRITE IN!

Some researchers went into her school and picked out 3 kids and they got to meet that King of 1,000 faces MIKE bleedin' YARWOOD! (this was about 1976!)

This could only mean 2 possible things:

1) No one actually wrote in (Actually, thats not true)

2) No one would actually want to meet Mike Yarwood so they had to make it all up. (Far more realistic)

I mean, would you want to meet Mike Yarwood? Thats like writing in to meet Les Dennis or someone equally cheesey. Luckily enough, her, her "Exciting day with Mike Yarwood" only lasted about an hour and a half.

She was extremely miffed esp. as all she wanted to do at the time was to marry David Essex.

She brought her badge into work and it was a flimsy peice of crummy plastic which the paint was flaking off of, on a nasty piece of cheap ribbon. Apparently they were made of metal at one point, although I'm not sure if this was before or after she was on.

Also, does anyone remember the girls who met Spandau Ballet and appeared in the "Round and Round" video? My cousin does, as they were her best mates at school at the time, and when they asked her if she wanted to put her name on the letter she declined with the immortal words "No thanks, we'll never get chosen..." Doh! :rolleyes:

Sounds like a couple of firm entries for the old 'Six Degrees Of Separation' thread!

Me and Jimmy, we're like THAT, we are.

And them Spandau Ballet lads, they're me bezzie mates, them.

Reading back it does sound like a "my mum's cat's aunt's dog's milkman..."

But it's all true! Honest. My cousin will still swear and cuss about it if pressed!

I hate to admit it, but we're all friends here, but I actually tried the Jim'll Fix It badge on.

And I felt a right twat too, I can tell you!

Tyger, you are among friends here.
I too have a naff and shameful past, for I snogged Roy Wood when I was drunk.

Naaaaaahh, that's not as bad as trying on a Jim'll Fix It badge!

LOL!

No, you're right. It is shameful and it's not something I blab to all and sundry. But I am coping with it, step by step and all that.

At least you have the excuse you were drunk. (And it's something to tell yer Grandkids one day!)

I hope you told him that Snowmen don't bring snow. Thats an oxymoron of sorts, as you need the snow to then get the men.

(Was he good or can't you remember???)

I'm an expert on body language, probably because I've got a book about it.
And I'll never forget the Louis Theroux interview when he bluntly asked Mr Savile if he was a **********.
Mr Savile denied it and started to yawn.
Mr Theroux asked the question again, worded differently.
Mr Savile gave another yawn, not out of contempt, but a displacement activity designed to get himself out of a tightspot.
Mr Theroux spoke again and Mr Savile broke off mid-yawn to ask: "Pardon?"
Fake yawn.
For the first time in my life, Mr Savile gave me the utter creeps.
(((apologies if I'm wrong)))

ho yes he's a creepy guy...shudder,and he's obsessed with his mother...shudder

She's long dead but he keeps all her clothes!

I suspect he also wears a mask made out of her skin. :eek!!!!:

It's Halloween and Sir James Savile is 76 years old today!

Proof that the good die young, if you needed it.

P.S. Tom O'Connor is 63 today. :(

[Source: Tonight's Manchester Evening News, On This Day column]

What did Tom O'Connor do that was so bad? Apart from that Hogmanay show, of course.

escargot said:
Tyger, you are among friends here.
I too have a naff and shameful past, for I snogged Roy Wood when I was drunk.

ROY WOOD??????? (Hallowed Be His Name.)

Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back