• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Legs With No Body, Running Along The Road

I've seen that video in question a few times, very jerky movements. Doesn't look natural.

Reading this has reminded me of the bodiless legs legs I saw a couple of years ago (pre lockdown so probably autumn 2019) I was pooling along backroads to work about 07:30 so still quite dark, when off to the left in the woods I saw couple of legs pacing me illuminated by headlights. It took me a few seconds to recall that there is a small footpath parallel to the road at this point and what I was seeing was probably some mad jogger in reflective trousers and a dark top.

Merricat,

Did your sister ever describe the TOP of the running legs. You know, where the inner guts of the person would be? Or was the top smoothly covered with that black fabric-like material that covered the legs? Or am I mistaken and there were no hips, just legs? In which case, what was the top of the individual legs like?

Thanks!

Now I've got a mental image of a pair of haunted trousers.

ZY3000A003S00_5b15e3295a4bf_1280.jpg

maximus otter

Merricat,

Did your sister ever describe the TOP of the running legs. You know, where the inner guts of the person would be? Or was the top smoothly covered with that black fabric-like material that covered the legs? Or am I mistaken and there were no hips, just legs? In which case, what was the top of the individual legs like?

Thanks!
I don't think the (top down) details were witnessed from that distance, but I will ask when I next talk to her. I doubt very much that there was an 'inside' visible (guts, etc), she would have definitely exclaimed about that!
She did say it went up to the waist though.

Last edited:
Reading this has reminded me of the bodiless legs legs I saw a couple of years ago (pre lockdown so probably autumn 2019) I was pooling along backroads to work about 07:30 so still quite dark, when off to the left in the woods I saw couple of legs pacing me illuminated by headlights. It took me a few seconds to recall that there is a small footpath parallel to the road at this point and what I was seeing was probably some mad jogger in reflective trousers and a dark top.
So many of these sightings are in the early morning, you might be on to something there..

I have an update, but not about the legs.
Spoke to sister this evening, only remembered the legs at the end of the call so asked a few more questions. Nothing to report that hasn't already been said.
However.....she has experienced another sighting, this time at work.
She works in a Dr's surgery, and says that she witnessed a completely black, opaque figure 'quick march' past her at the end of a corridor where the Dr's rooms are. The figure was very tall, completely blacked out and composed of straight lines. I pushed for more detail and she felt that it was male, but could not describe why. It walked in a marching stance, arms up and down like you might imagine a toy soldier. She also claims that it vanished into thin air.

All that I can tell you about my sister is that she is most definitely not sceptical, but not quite interested in the fortean either. She hadn't heard of the shadow man and doesn't concern herself with fortean subjects online. Apparently that would 'frighten her', lol.
She is neither religious nor atheist, and tends to experience a fair few odd things. This doesn't seem to phase her and she doesn't try to work out what it means. She seems to simply take it for granted. We are not remotely alike, but I can at least attest for her honesty. I intended to share more of her experiences here, and will do so in time. She's a dark horse, yet quite child-like in many ways. Never a dull moment when we get to chat:)

Spoke to sister this evening, only remembered the legs at the end of the call so asked a few more questions. Nothing to report that hasn't already been said.
She works in a Dr's surgery, and says that she witnessed a completely black, opaque figure 'quick march' past her at the end of a corridor where the Dr's rooms are. The figure was very tall, completely blacked out and composed of straight lines. I pushed for more detail and she felt that it was male, but could not describe why. It walked in a marching stance, arms up and down like you might imagine a toy soldier. She also claims that it vanished into thin air.

All that I can tell you about my sister is that she is most definitely not sceptical, but not quite interested in the fortean either. She hadn't heard of the shadow man and doesn't concern herself with fortean subjects online. Apparently that would 'frighten her', lol.
She is neither religious nor atheist, and tends to experience a fair few odd things. This doesn't seem to phase her and she doesn't try to work out what it means. She seems to simply take it for granted. We are not remotely alike, but I can at least attest for her honesty. I intended to share more of her experiences here, and will do so in time. She's a dark horse, yet quite child-like in many ways. Never a dull moment when we get to chat:)
This sounds a little like the 'flickering solid black shapes' that I see before a migraine.

Not to say that your sister has migraines, but that this might be an artifact of brain/eye.

This sounds a little like the 'flickering solid black shapes' that I see before a migraine.

Not to say that your sister has migraines, but that this might be an artifact of brain/eye.
That's interesting, because she is going through quite a bit of stress at work. Have never known her to suffer from migraine or eye issues but she does occasionally experience difficulty sleeping, so...anything's possible!

I am currently reading The Road Map of British Ghosts Volume 2 by Ruth Roper Wylde (who herself haunts these boards)... there are several accounts in there of bodiless feet or legs being seen walking or running.
From These Haunted Times Volume Two by Ruth Roper Wylde

Account of Wing, Well Lane, Buckinghamshire

‘Another person remembered his mother telling him many years ago that Well Lane was haunted, but he's never met anyone who actually saw something there. He could remember vaguely that one of the haunts was supposed to be a pair of legs seen running up the hill - nothing else, just the legs.’

Ps I love these books.

I was listening to Radio 4 this morning, it was Rev Richard Coles and they were talking about weird that had happened to people that had turned out to have an explaination. This was in connection with a book by Daniel ( Roper?) last part I heard was about a pair of Vanishing Trousers- apparently unsolved.

I was listening to Radio 4 this morning, it was Rev Richard Coles and they were talking about weird that had happened to people that had turned out to have an explaination. This was in connection with a book by Daniel ( Roper?) last part I heard was about a pair of Vanishing Trousers- apparently unsolved.
I heard that programme. :nods:

It was Saturday Live. I've posted about it on the Uncanny (BBC Programme / Podcast) thread because Danny Robins was a guest.

One couple had found the fire in grate of their holiday cottage laid with twigs every morning. Magpies or summat were trying to build a nest on the chimney pot and everything was falling down the chimney. :chuckle:

The Vanishing Trousers remain a mystery. As you heard, Bloke undressed for bed and left his kegs (Jeans? Cords? Military dress trousers? I can't remember) on the bed or chair and turned his back, and when he looked again the aforesaid garment was gone.

I heard that programme. :nods:

It was Saturday Live. I've posted about it on the Uncanny (BBC Programme / Podcast) thread because Danny Robins was a guest.

One couple had found the fire in grate of their holiday cottage laid with twigs every morning. Magpies or summat were trying to build a nest on the chimney pot and everything was falling down the chimney. :chuckle:

The Vanishing Trousers remain a mystery. As you heard, Bloke undressed for bed and left his kegs (Jeans? Cords? Military dress trousers? I can't remember) on the bed or chair and turned his back, and when he looked again the aforesaid garment was gone.
When this has happened to me (undressing and putting things on the bed) it's amazing how things disappear by getting tangled up with bedding. I've had to strip and remake entire beds more times than I care to count in order to find articles of jewellery or clothing. It's like beds want to swallow stuff up!

I mean it's so bizarre it has to be true
My belief is that he got it wrong. Controversial, I know. But that's me. :nods:

The theory starts with the assumption that he has more than one pair of trousers.

So basically, he didn't put the trousers where he thought he did.

He had a hanger out ready for them and was somehow distracted between taking them off and hanging them up in the wardrobe.
While he was, say, on the phone he put the trousers away and forgot he'd done it.

If he had two pairs, or some others that looked the same, he might mistake the kegs in the wardrobe for the other ones.

This makes sense to me because I've done similar myself: been busy with several tasks at once and put things away while my mind was elsewhere.

Techy does it too and swears we've been broken into and robbed because HOW ELSE DID THOSE KEYS DISAPPEAR?
:rolleyes:

This 2023 experience has just been posted on the excellent UK Paranormal Database:

Location: Shrewsbury (Shropshire) - Railway station, entrance from Castle Street and platform three
Type: Haunting Manifestation
Date / Time: 07 March 2023, between 05:30-06:00h (legs), councillor unknown
Further Comments: While waiting on Platform 4, a witness heard footsteps and looked up to see a pair of legs walking towards the platform, visible from just above the knee to just above the ankle. After six paces, the legs disappeared. The witness said the complete figure should have been visible, illuminated by a streetlight. One story says a local Councillor died after part of the station roof collapsed and landed on him. His ghost has been seen waiting around, either sitting or standing, in the area.

[my bold]

https://www.paranormaldatabase.com/recent/index.php

Does legs with no body remind anyone else of the Fresno Walkers/Nightcrawlers? (I couldn't see it mentioned on this thread and search this thread turned up nothing)
They seem to have part of a body but also a weird movement. Not sure if they've been proved to be fake or the methodology of faking them has ever been determined?

I'd be advising Sis to take an eye test. Sight anomalies need checking out.

I worked on an eye unit and learned that 'seeing things' can be a sign of conditions like cataracts and retinal damage.

Our brains try to make sense of things we 'see'. Last year I saw black insects and birds swirling around when my eye was full of blood. It was a minor retinal tear, which condition I believe was popular on t'board last spring.

Back