• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Let's Play 'TOP THIS!'

UsedtobChrisFord said:
Ihonna said:
Later, he saw ABCs driving around the White Horse Area, in OXON, and in the same place, a night in winter, a strange light.

Wow, you'd think without thumbs cats wouldn't be able to even start a car :D
Ha ha! Reminds me of this...

This sentence appeared in ScrippsNews on 19 June, noted and sent in
by Don Edwards: "Specially trained bloodhounds cornered the bear
Monday near Mount Timpanogos and shot it to death." Now, that's
what I call training ...

(World wide words newsletter, today.)

I think I forgotten a coma somewhere. :oops: Sorry, English is not my first language.
Well, at least, everybody including me, had a good laugh !

gncxx said:
I'm liking the disembodied headlamps story! Could they have been a kind of remote control device? I don't know what, though.

yeah, i really have no kind of explanation for that one. most of the others i can guess at possible explanations for, or at least dont fall so far outside of my world-view that they really bothered me much. i dont know why i can just accept fairies and ghost cats but not disembodied headlights, but my god they freaked me out. im just glad there were no police around -

--"i pulled you over because you were speeding and swerving around back there. have you had anything to drink tonight, sir?"

--"what? no! didnt you see those weird headlights following me? there was no car, just headlights!"

--"step out of the car, sir."

fnordish said:
ive seen what ill call fairies for lack of a better terms. and a few other things.

Fnordish, could you please expand on that one? Thanks for posting them!

well, my "fairie" sightings encompass several different instances in a couple locations, but mostly in one spot. when i was in college, there was a small woodsy patch just off campus. it was right in the middle of the city, and not very large at all, but it had a sense of isolation to it, as when you went more than a couple dozen feet in, you couldnt see the city or campus lights or even hear the noise from the fairly busy streets nearby. my friends and i found it looking for a convenient place to smoke weed. we didnt always smoke when we went there, we often went just to hang out and see the weird things we had found lived in those woods. i was high when i saw some things, but was perfectly sober for many of them, including some of the most dramatic ones.

anyway, i was out there with a friend one time. it was a very calm night, the moon was full and there wasnt any wind, not even a little breeze. my friend was doing his meditation thing and i was just enjoying being out there, sitting against a rock and watching the moon. we hadnt smoked anything that day. nothing seemed out of the ordinary until i heard my friend say "what the hell?" i glanced around and in my peripheral vision, everywhere around us, i saw dozens of short human-shaped figures. whenever i looked at the directly they disappeared, but they were always there in the periphery. i was a little alarmed at first, so i stood up facing my friend and just kind of waited to see what would happen. they crowded around us. again, i could only see them out of the corner of my eye, but i could feel them pressing up against my legs (they only came up to mid-thigh), and i could hear movement all around us. one even started playing with my hair. i spun around, freaked out by that touch, but there was no one around us except for the little figure in my peripheral vision. so i relaxed at let it play with a beaded braid i had in my hair at the time. as i said, there was no wind, and it was a very definite feeling of having my braid lightly tugged on and flipped this way and that. very weird.

we also saw, another night, a procession of tall, shadowy, black figures walking through those woods. saw them very directly, not out of the corner of my eye. i suppose they could have just been people, but they made startlingly little noise as they walked and they came close enough that we should have been able to distinguish more than just their shadowy shapes, but thats all they seemed to have.

there was also a time in those woods when we were chased out by something huge. we went in and, just a few yards in were stopped by a sudden, simultaneous feeling of being unwelcome. we saw something move in the dark down the hill deeper in the woods. something very large. i mean, larger than a cow. probably about the size of a small elephant or something. there was a lot of noise as it charged up the hill towards us, and we all just looked at each other for a second and bolted. we could hear the noise it made and feel the ground tremble a little with (i assume) its steps until we were well out of the woods. scared the hell out of us at the time, but its pretty comical looking back on it.

and ive also been followed by a single shadowy figure through a local graveyard. again, i suppose i could have been a person, but it didnt seem to walk around so much as just appear in various places, just watching me. it wasnt menacing at all, just like it was distrustful and keeping at eye on me. i never actually saw it move, and it never made any noise. ive been in the cemetery many times, and there are no statues that it might have been. with the exception of one very large jesus at the top of the cemetery, its all just regular tombstones.

there have been others, too, but these were the most dramatic i can think of that i was sober for. as i said, the term fairie is probably misleading, but i really have no better word for them, assuming im not mistaken in thinking they were something... paranormal, i suppose. they certainly werent ghosts. i got a sense (pure conjecture, i know) that they were living things, just of a kind or nature different from what we're used to.

The first two sound like classic fairy encounters, can't think of a better description. Amazing stories, fnordish.

Rear view mirror ghosts

fnordish said:
and been followed by a disembodied pair of headlights (it was daylight and they came closer than i needed to clearly see there was no car attached to them, or even two motorcycles. scared the hell out of me, but they just turned off onto a side road.)

Couldn't it just have been a real car in your blind spot with the headlights being reflected back by the half silver layer that's at an angle to your normal reflective layer in your mirror?

fnordish said:
well, my "fairie" sightings encompass several different instances in a couple locations,

Please forgive me if you've stated this before, but, fnordish, in what country did these events happen?

Thank you.

Re: Rear view mirror ghosts

markbellis said:
Couldn't it just have been a real car in your blind spot with the headlights being reflected back by the half silver layer that's at an angle to your normal reflective layer in your mirror?

i hadnt thought of that, but im sure there was no one else on the road. i looked all around, and even changed lanes (in the hopes that the headlights would pass me - looking back on it, i doubt it would have been a particularly good thing if they had), and im certain it was just me and the headlights. of course, i allow for the possibility of having totally missed something obvious in my anxiety, but im pretty certain of what i saw.

ElishevaBarsabe said:
Please forgive me if you've stated this before, but, fnordish, in what country did these events happen?

no worries, i never said. this was all in Rhode Island, USA. the woodsy spot near the college was in Providence, and the cemetery was just a local one in my hometown. Rhode Island is a very strange place.

ABC in Northern California and other oddities

I've lived such a banal existence that I don't have any earth-shattering experiences to share, but did have three that struck me at the time(s) as very odd:

1 - Was staying with a friend at the home of his sister and her family in a town to which I'd never been before: Fairfield, California, which is east of San Francisco. It may be hard to picture anywhere near a major California city being out in the boonies, but these places do exist. My memory of this place is of lots of dry, golden, rolling hills and a few California live oaks in the yards (they're called "live oaks," I'm not suggesting it's unusual to have live trees in CA). The family's home was a typical, modest ranch-style place, big yard, neighbors not too far away, but not too close. Not a subdivision; homes were built just off a two-lane country road.

Given that we were there three days or so, we did pitch in with some housework so as not to wear out our welcome. I was doing dishes in the kitchen, which was in the back of the house, occasionally looking out the window above the sink, which was facing west (can't believe I remember this so clearly; this happened about 18 years ago and I don't think I remember the name of a single person there other than my friend). I saw the family dog and cat near a tree in the yard probably 15 feet from where I was standing in the kitchen. I looked down at the dishes, then looked up again and noticed an extremely large black cat that looked to me just like a leopard moving from the left part of my field of vision and very gracefully leaping up onto a low branch of the tree. At that point I noticed that the other animals had taken off. I don't now recall how that animal moved away, but it was quickly, as I couldn't spot it again a moment later. That animal was there, and I recall asking my friend's sister if the had any black cats in the hills. She said that there were occasionally cougars/mountain lions spotted in the area, but that it was extremely unusual to see one.

Their house and yard were right up against a hill, so I could almost think it would be reasonable to see one of those golden mountain lions in the yard. But again, they're golden, not black, and what I saw looked precisely like a black panther to me. She just looked at me like I was nuts and we didn't talk about it again.

2 - In junior high, my family and I lived just outside of the town of Morgantown, West Virginia. Just for the heck of it, a group of girls from the neighborhood took a walk down a country road that went past our subdivision to look for "the haunted house." This was a rundown house on an even more remote country road that was probably half a mile from our homes. The area did have a lot of rumors of odd things happening over the years, and my brother had an odd encounter related to the house. We girls thought it was spooky that we found a toy devil's head by the side of the road on our way there, but we didn't experience anything at the house. That night, however, my younger sister had a little friend over to spend the night, and as they were playing Yahtzee at the dining room table, the friend, Elizabeth, said, "I keep looking at those little windows by the front door and thinking that the old witch from the haunted house is at the door." Shortly after the girls went to sleep (quite late) that night, I was sitting in my beanbag chair reading (this was the late 70's), then fell asleep. I woke up to hear what sounded like loud knocking on our front door (which was about 5 yards from my bedroom door). It repeated itself a moment later. I can still remember looking at the window in my bedroom and wondering why whoever it was who was visiting in the dead of night wasn't using the doorbell. Then I heard footsteps coming down the hall and they simply stopped very close to my door. I never heard them go anywhere else. In the morning my father said he had heard knocking, too. I don't have any idea what his reason was for not answering the door. Weeks later he couldn't remember anything about it.

Not the world's spookiest story, but it was truly frightening for me. Maybe one of those hypnagogic experiences.

3 - This one is a garden-variety psychic experience, nothing next to what many people seem to experience on a regular basis. I have, on occasion, spontaneously called people by highly unusual nicknames only to have them give me the strangest looks and say things like, "My father used to call me that when I was little and I haven't heard that in 30 years!" But on this occasion, I had begun working at a new job for a software company in Orange County, CA and didn't like the area at all (longed for the beautiful old trees and homes of Pasadena, near L.A.), and I hardly knew anyone at that point. I was at a birthday lunch for one of the software developers, sitting next to a woman who reported to me (she was an odd character in herself, but those are stories of a different sort), when she looked toward the entrance of the very busy restaurant we were in and said, "Oh! That's Mike, from Cisco (her former job). Mike.... Mike... Oh, what IS his name. It's one of those long, Italian names." And I was hardly paying attention to her at all (she was a bit of a drama queen and I tend to give very little energy to people like that) and sort of staring off into space when I swear to you all that the word literally just arrived in my brain, and I said, "Calabrese." She looked at me just gobsmacked (as you Brits say--love that word!) and said, "That's right. It's Mike Calabrese." Now, mind you, everyone I knew in Orange County at that point was sitting at that table. And I had never known a single person with that family name, nor did I even know it was a family name. In fact, at the time I was undergoing some root-canal procedures with an endodontist named Dr. Cavalieri, so if I were going to invent some multisyllabic Italian name, it probably would have been that one, as I thought it was a cool name (cavalier, caballero, all that cool etymological aspects intrigued me). I swear on my grandmother's grave I had never heard the name before. As she continued to look at me strangely I said, "I know when you're cheating on your expense report, too, so keep that in mind."

So it gets weirder. That same day I went to dinner with a colleague, to a Tuscan restaurant. Our waiter was at the table and I said, "Is everyone who works here from Tuscany? What does a Tuscan look like, anyway?" And he said, "I'm not from there, but one of the the other waiters is. I'll send him over" (he probably wanted to bail from our table in order to escape my blazing wit). Shortly thereafter, a waiter came over and introduced himself and said the other guy had sent him and I said, "He said you were from Tuscany. Are you Tuscan?" And he said, "No, I am from Calabria. I am Calabrese."

I swear it's true. Freaked out a second colleague that day.

Don't know what it means, if anything. Perhaps just Jung's synchronicity coming into play.

Cheers.

Re: ABC in Northern California and other oddities

cwillman said:
, "I know when you're cheating on your expense report, too, so keep that in mind."

:rofl: That's a good one! :D great post btw, love the ending with the waiter, wierd eh?

Btw again, welcome to the boards! :)

Dimensional slip?

Okay, here's a new one that just happened over the last week.

I was at our local fair, manning the flower pavilion when one of the exhibits fell apart and needed a quick repair before entries closed. A very dear lady had constructed a shallow, wooden flower box and attached it to a small piece of picket fence *with hot glue* and under the weight and wetness of the flowers and floral foam, it disintegrated. I was next to it when the window box fell off the fence part and slide straight down the wall where it was hanging. We scooped up the bits and tried to fix it as best we could with materials on hand. However, it turned out that the whole front piece of the flower box, a slat of wood about 1-1/2" x 14" x 1/4" was missing. We searched high and low for it, even moving the exhibit wall to see if it had somehow lodged itself in some narrow place when it fell. We searched under flower tables and worked in ever increasing circles of inspection on what was, essentially, perfectly clear and clean cement floor.

We never found it.

Several days later, standing about three feet from that spot, I pulled my hand from my pocket only to hear a coin hit the floor. Again, the floor was clear and clean and I could see many, many, many feet in all directions. No coin was ever found even though two of us looked for a long time because we were starting to feel very strange about this floor that seemed to eat things.

I don't know what's going on there but I think it might have eaten my Grand Champion ribbon, too. All I came home with was Reserve GC. :roll:

Re: Dimensional slip?

volfie said:
No coin was ever found even though two of us looked for a long time because we were starting to feel very strange about this floor that seemed to eat things.

Great story!

Where was this event located exactly? Perhaps we should start keeping a map of spots like this one.

ElishevaBarsabe said:
volfie said:
No coin was ever found even though two of us looked for a long time because we were starting to feel very strange about this floor that seemed to eat things.

Great story!

Where was this event located exactly? Perhaps we should start keeping a map of spots like this one.

Putnam County Fair, Harris Hall, Greencastle, Indiana, USA. :D

ElishevaBarsabe said:
volfie said:
Putnam County Fair, Harris Hall, Greencastle, Indiana, USA. :D

Is this the place?

link

Yep. If you look at the satellite map, go up the road, turn right on the first road, and it's the first building on the right. If you get to the blue-roofed building, you missed it by one.

Small correction/addition to my munching floor story:

When we were searching for the coin, we did find a penny by a table leg. I thought that was the coin I dropped (although by the sound I would have said I dropped a silver, not copper one) but when I went to pick it up, it was slightly stuck to the floor and when moved, there was a black outline where it had been. It had obviously been there for a looooooooooong time.

volfie said:
...coin...but when I went to pick it up, it was slightly stuck to the floor and when moved, there was a black outline where it had been. It had obviously been there for a looooooooooong time.

Else it had gone to another dimension, then returned. Perhaps the stickiness and black outline were caused by the heat that such activities generate. (Probably not.)

However, didn't someone mention on the lost objects thread that reappearing coins tend to be very warm? I wouldn't know since neither coinage nor paper money tend to appear or reappear for me.

Experiences

I have:-

1. Been contacted by three talking space chimpanzees when I was 1 in my cot in my bedroom
2.Saw the ghost of my dead grandad, as if he was a real person but he'd died a couple of weeks before.
3. Got out of a locked and bolted door during a sleepwalking session but I was also too short to reach the top bolts
4. Had several oobe's where I have been seen by other people
5. Contact with 2 poltergeists
6. Seen at least 2 UFOs
7. Wrote on a psychic forum that there would be an Earthquake and thousands would die etc AS A JOKE - then the tsunami happened.
8.I write things as stories only to have them happen in front of my eyes.
9.Was visited by HERMES (probably)
10. Have odd coincidences happen around me all the time.

Re: Experiences

Forever_S said:
1. Been contacted by three talking space chimpanzees when I was 1 in my cot in my bedroom.

OK, what did the space chimpanzees say to you?

space chimps

Well LOL.. thing is they were sort of tall and human-like and walked upright and one of them was a female and she said in a nice voice... "Don't worry we won't hurt you" and then she picked me up and I remember she was really cold... but comfy all the same.. .I remember a white sheet and thats all after that.

Darn, I was hoping for something more profound! These aliens, I dunno, they're inscrutable all right...

yeah...

I wonder if they took me someplace and I don't remember it though or if I was just to young to distinguish dreams from reality....

Forever_S I have always wondered how really young children can dream of things they have had no experience of? I have often thought of the time when I was not yet 2 when I seemed to go through a portal with the little people who needed to get me back before my Mother came in. I asked what a fishtank was that they had as I'd never seen one before. We were living in a shared house at the end of the war and there was no tv,no books and my parents were not ones to discuss fanciful theories so where did the dream or whatever it was come from?

gncxx said:
Forever_S said:
1. Been contacted by three talking space chimpanzees when I was 1 in my cot in my bedroom.
Never mind the monkyes, tell us more about HERMES!

Isis177 said:
Forever_S I have always wondered how really young children can dream of things they have had no experience of? I have often thought of the time when I was not yet 2 when I seemed to go through a portal with the little people who needed to get me back before my Mother came in. I asked what a fishtank was that they had as I'd never seen one before.
Are you sure that was a dream?

gncxx said:
Forever_S said:

Hey, hey, we're the Monkees
And people say we monkey around.
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down.

:p

BosskR I presume it was a dream. I remember them urging me to hurry as my mother was coming and I climbed into bed just as she came into the room. I tried to tell her but she said I was just imagining it saying I must have a fever. I wonder what she thought about me telling her about the desks and books and the buttons to open the hole to get back? Not things I had encountered so it must have sounded odd.

I hope it's not too late to play but it looks like a recent and active thread so here goes.

1. Saw a dark figure standing beside my bed at 13. It appeared to be dressed in black funeral clothes with a veil.
2. With my wife, distinctly heard footsteps walking around in my upstairs home office at a previous residence.
3. At the same residence, we often had recurring dreams of situations and behaviors not at all characteristic of us. I dreamt of her cheating on me and laughing evilly when she was found out. She dreamt of me being drunk, violent and abusive. We've always worked together so it would not be possible for her to cheat. I don't drink, never have, and I've never struck anyone in my life.
4. Although it was a secret mentioned to noone, I correctly described a childhood trauma that happened to a close friend.
5. Similarly, I described a secret childhood trauma that happened to my wife.
6. While staying in a hotel, I dreamt of a woman I later discovered had been murdered nearby years earlier.

(I've written about it somewhere in FT, but all my life I've experienced other peoples' memories, sometimes causing me great confusion when trying to untangle them from my own memories.)

In our current house, I and/or my wife have experienced:

7. A small shimmering ball that flew at my face and vanished.
8. A cat that teleported into a rarely used, locked storage room.
9. A small, gnomelike man that grinned viciously at me and then vanished, never to be seen again.
10. Shadowy figures walking through a portion of our basement. They have been seen independently by myself, my wife and her mother who was never told about them and brought them up without prompting.
11. Automatic writing. ("I am he who holds sway beneath the waves. I am he who gave raves to the lunatics." :shock: )
12. A white face that appeared in our front window as my wife was pulling out of the driveway to go to the grocery store. I was upstairs napping at the time. (Stupidly, I brought home a chip of stone foundation from a ghost hunt location. Attributing this new phenomenon to that, I stored it in a jar of water and removed it. The face has not reappeared.)

Elsewhere:

13. On a ghost hunt, I along with several others experienced footsteps reverberating around us as we sat on the floor along a hallway.
14. On another ghost hunt, I participated with another 'sensitive' woman in an experiment involving an antique framed photograph we had separately identified as being 'important' to the phenomena a shop owner had experienced. Holding a sort of impromptu seance, we witnessed a tiny spark travel along the floor, shoot up into the air and then slowly swoop down into the photo. Observers witnessed it as well. We heard a chair slide across the floor to one side of us and heard snippets of a woman's voice.
15. On another ghost hunt, we set up several EMF meters along a hallway and I recorded them 'pegging the needle' one after another as if something was moving along the hallway. This happened back and forth for several minutes. Using audio recordings I verified that it was not caused by radio traffic among the investigators etc. (Same hallway as #13, different day.)

And finally:

16. I keep a dream journal and frequently experience events I dreamt about two months earlier. Don't know why it's two months.
17. By day, I maintain a large server farm. One server in particular only crashes when I'm very upset about something, regardless of my distance from it. (Could be confirmation bias.)
18. I experience frequent synchronicities. One day my friend and I were chatting and, out of the blue, I said, "From hell's heart I stab at thee. With my last breath I spit at thee!" He got a weird expression on his face and said, "That's weird. I was just about to tell you that I saw Star Trek 2 the other night."

my few experiences

New guy here. Been lurking awhile and thought I'd toss in a couple of my experiences, though I don't think mine top the majority of others'. Mine are rather mundane actually. I guess I'd just like to put it out there to people that have experienced things as pretty much everyone that I've told has given me the "you're crazy" look. It may stretch on a bit as I have a tendency to be wordy, and for that I apologize in advance.

1) My very first time seeing ..something. My great grandmother visited us and died in my bedroom. I was about 6 at the time. When I was about 12, I was sitting up late reading, happened to glance over the top of my book and saw her clear as day standing a foot or so inside the room. Perfectly clear image, no distortion, not smoky, not hazy, quite like looking at a person. Other than the fact that she appeared as solid as any living person would, I vividly remember that she was smiling. It had to have lasted a few seconds, and while I didn't feel in any danger, it scared the living daylights out of me what with having a dead person standing in my room. Looking back on it now, I think the fact I so vividly remember her smiling was important. I never saw her again after that. Of course, no one believes me still about it, saying I was young and probably imagined it. I suppose it's possible, but I whole heartedly believe that I did see her.

2) As I grew a bit older and went through the teen years and still living at home with my parents, I grew absolutely convinced that the place was haunted. While I never saw my great grandmother again, on several different occassions after that, I would see an older man dressed in a black suit with a hat. He was always almost as solid looking as my ggm, but not quite. Don't know how to explain that and I never felt in mortal danger about him, but definitely a feeling of unease. I also regularly saw a small boy though he was nowhere even nearly as solid as the others. Again, I suppose it could have just been imagination. But I never felt comfortable in that house. Besides the old man and boy, there were odd knocks, scratching noises, etc. Of course that could all be attributed to the place itself or critters in the walls/floors. My parents claimed to have never seen or felt anything, though after I went away to college, my Mom did tell me that she started hearing and feeling things in my room and felt uneasy whenever she'd go in and finally stopped.

3) In addition to the spirits/ghosts I experienced in that house, there's the time my grandmother died (not the greatgrandmother mentioned earlier). Now, she had been in failing health and was expected to go at any time, so I don't know if this even belongs in the list, but I'll throw it in. My mom had went to see her and then stay over with her brother while I had stayed home, having school the next day. During the night I woke up - don't know what time it was, I either didn't check or don't remember - but when I woke up I immediately just knew she had died. It just is impossible to explain, at least for me, but it's as though I just knew and knew it was okay. I wasn't sad. I went back to sleep and after I got up (around 6:30am) and got ready for school, my Mom called and said she had passed around 5 that morning. To me, the weird part is that once things got settled and such, my mom told us she and her brother had been driving back to his place in the morning and she says she was suddenly overcome with an odd feeling of happiness and peace and just started laughing and had asked him what time it was. It was about 5 in the morning and when they arrived there was a call telling them she had died about that same time. While her death wasn't a surprise, I just find it odd and eerie that we both experienced a lack of sadness and a feeling a peace the same morning that it happened.

4) I finally went away to college and for a year didn't have anything happen to speak of that I personally feel was anything. I changed dorms the next year as the room just felt "off" to me and then kept that second room for the rest of my time there. As well, starting in my second year and lasting through to my 4th, I began having bouts of night terrors and/or sleep paralysis. It wasn't uncommon while I was there to have them twice a week. Most of the time, upon "waking", I would have little dark alien/demon things surrounding my bed. A few times I'd have the "demon sitting on my chest" one in which I had to summon all my strength to knock him off. I'm somewhat hesitant to include these as I don't believe that demon creatures were actually around my bed or on me and I tend to attribute it to stress as I was the type that couldn't conceive of doing less than an A on anything. But since I've seen posts on such things here, I felt it was worthy enough of including. But while I often have night mares, I don't recall having those again after leaving that dorm room. I could have changed the room I suppose, but I felt comfortable in it and figured it could be worse.

5) So I moved to another state, got a job, got an apartment. The first time I walked into the apartment, I had an urge to get out, that it wasn't a good place to be. I settled myself down, attributed it to nerves and went about moving in. All went well enough for awhile, but I felt uncomfortable, like I had when I was living at home, but much much much stronger. Things started happening. My front door and balcony door would be open when I'd wake up. Still locked, but open. Odd knocks started as well as scratching noises. One night I happened to wake up in the middle of the night and saw a girl standing across the room. It was mostly dark so it was hard to make anything out other than shape and long hair. I turned the light on and she was gone. Had to just be my imagination then or so I said to myself. Over the next 2 months I continued to see her a couple times a week, more clearly at times than others. She appeared in what I'd guess to be eary 20s, long dark hair, somewhat pale, and for some reason I felt she was incredibly sad and a bit angry. She was always in the bedroom, so in hopes of avoiding her, I started sleeping in the living room. She left me alone for a few weeks. Then I saw her again, more clearly than before, same feeling about her, and two additional things. Her neck was bruised and I felt she'd been strangled/hung/etc and she kept trying to say a name which I took to be "Heather" though it could have been anything I suppose. After, I began hearing what I can only describe as a "tinkling" noise afterwards which I couldn't figure out. Until I a friend came over and happened to open the front door from the outside. The sound the knob made turning was that noise. I saw her once or twice more, but the sightings were less and less. My lease was up shortly and I got out as soon as I could. I don't think she meant harm, but I definitely felt anger/rage.

My next apartment felt fine when I moved in. That apartment and the house I grew up in are the only places that have given me that overly uncomfortable feeling. ::knocks wood:: Well, my first dorm did too, but nothing really happened there, so it could all be in my mind I suppose. But it's really hard to convince myself that things I've seen and felt so clearly are all my imagination, so I tend to believe what I've seen.

Again, I apologize for the long post. But it feels nice to put all this down.

Back