• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Manitoba Bigfoot Film and other footage

Who was that dark figure??

• Bigfoot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moose

• Bear

• Other animal

• Person/Fisherman

• Hoaxer in suit

• Other crypto

• Impossible to determine

• Jim Morrison

• Total voters

ruffready

Justified & Ancient
Bigfoot sighting in northern Manitoba and filmed (I beleive april 16 th 2005 or there abouts) Apparently someone took a video of a squatch on Saturday AM (April 16) here in Manitoba. It was near Norway House by the Nelson River, just north of Lake Winnipeg. I just checked a map, and it looks like there is no road to the town, so access is probably just by air and winter road. Anyway, according to the news report, the witness always took a camcorder to work and caught something on film. About 500 people in the community have seen the video, and they (including many experienced hunters) say it's not a bear, moose, elk, etc. Two RCMP have seen it but remain skeptical. The only detail my coworker could remember is that the thing was human-like and about 3 feet across at the shoulders. I don't have any more info, but I'm expecting this to hit the CBC news site any time.
THE ABOVE IS FROM A FORUM AT http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.php?showtopic=10703 BYE!! RUFF :D

(Stu edit - Jim Morrison option added to poll as per Lopa's post here.)

Footage shot in Manitoba shows Bigfoot

Footage shot in Manitoba shows Bigfoot, viewers sayMassive, hairy figure seen walking along shore of Nelson River the 'real deal'By DAWN WALTON

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 Page A3

Hundreds of people have now streamed through a home in northern Manitoba to view a 2-minute 49-second video that has folks believing: Bigfoot lives.

Missy Flett, a self-described cynic, said she was stunned by the image of a massive hair-covered creature walking upright calf-deep in water along a shore of the Nelson River, about 500 kilometres north of Winnipeg.

"I was kind of skeptical when I went over," Ms. Flett, an outreach worker with the Norway House Community Council, explained yesterday after viewing the video. "But after seeing it, I truly believe it's the real sasquatch [another name for Bigfoot]."

She asked whether she could take a picture of the images on the flat-screen television with her digital camera, but the family screening the video in this remote community of 6,000 nixed her request.

Advertisements

They are talking about copyrights and thinking about turning the Bigfoot video into big bucks if some media outlet were just willing to pay.

And now, the man who shot the video is apparently "too stressed" to deal with the press.

The man behind the camcorder is Bobby Clarke. He's a ferry operator responsible for bringing people and vehicles over the Nelson River at docks located about 40 kilometres north of his home in Norway House.

While at work 6:30 Saturday morning, he noticed a black figure walking along the opposite river's edge about 250 metres away.

He grabbed his camera -- something he is rarely without -- and started shooting.

What he captured, according to his sister, Sharness Henry, is the image of a massive creature that stands eight, nine, maybe 10 feet (three metres) tall, walking along the edge of the water through some bulrushes. Near the end of the video, the creature turns and appears to stare into the camera, but the details of its face are impossible to make out.

"He's really hairy," Ms. Henry said.

That's when her brother appears to drop the camera. The experience has left him shaken and off work for a few days, Ms. Henry said.

Hubert Folster knows the feeling.

He was a ferry operator at the Nelson River crossing about a year ago when he spotted something dark, human-like, but too huge to be human, wandering on the bulrushes locked in the ice along the riverbank.

"It just wasn't right," he recalled yesterday.

For six minutes he watched, but in the poor early morning light, from his distance and without a camera, Mr. Folster can't be sure what he saw and he has never really talked about it.

"You don't want to mention these things," he says now, laughing.

North Americans have reported Bigfoot sightings as far back as the 1830s, but interest in the phenomenon really picked up with sightings, photos and footprints during the second half of the 20th century, according to Skeptical Inquirer magazine, a publication dedicated to unexplained occurrences.

The most famous is the 16-mm Patterson film shot in Bluff Creek, Calif., in 1967, which shows a hairy, human-like creature walking across a clearing.

Many Bigfoot hunters maintain the film is not a hoax, but anthropologists have argued that the size and stride of the creature suggest it could be human.

The shooter, Roger Patterson, has stood behind the film as authentic. Interestingly, a known Bigfoot-track hoaxer has said he told Mr. Patterson where to look for Bigfoot and, subsequently, Mr. Patterson raked in quite a bit of money from the film.

As the Skeptical Inquirer pointed out in a recent roundup of Bigfoot-related evidence, until bones or a body is discovered, there's no real scientific evidence of what Bigfoot enthusiasts purport to study.

Ms. Flett said there's no mistaking the image in the video for a bear or some other kind of wildlife common to the area. Bears have been known to walk on their hind legs, but for short distances. This creature, she said, is walking "gracefully" kind of like a human, but not.

"It's awesome," Ms. Flett said. ". . . It's real. It's the real deal."
Source

[edited link to stop screen break- Quixote]

Another article about the new videotape, with some direct quotes from Mr. Clarke. I'll be really interested in seeing how this story develops. Thanks, ruff!

Amateur video purportedly shows 'huge' Bigfoot

Canadian Press
Apr. 19, 2005 10:31 AM

NORWAY HOUSE, Man. - Is Bigfoot walking the bush around a remote community in northern Manitoba?

Residents have been flocking to Georgina Henry's house to watch two minutes and 49 seconds of video shot by her son, Bobby Clarke, on the banks of the Nelson River shortly after dawn Saturday morning.

"It's pictures of Bigfoot," she said. "It's black and it's big. Oh god, it's huge - seven or eight feet high," Henry said. "We can see him walking, and then turning to look at him (Clarke).

Clarke said he was on duty at his job as a car ferry operator when he saw a "big, black figure" on the opposite bank, about 250 to 300 metres away. He grabbed his camcorder, which he said he always has with him.

"It was just massive, standing tall. I'm freaked out," Clarke said Monday in an interview from the ferry at an uninhabited bush area 40 kilometres from Norway House.

He said he's been nervous ever since, especially when he takes the ferry to that side of the river.

He said the creature walked upright on two legs back into the bush, barely 200 metres away from the ferry dock.

The bush comes right up to the dock, he said.

Clarke's wife, Winnie, agreed he was shaken by the experience.

"Elders say it's a blessing, it's a spiritual sign if people see it," she said.

She said she has been hearing from people who had seen Bigfoot themselves, but lacked evidence.

"Now that he's got this video, there's a lot of trappers and fishers out there, they've seen the tracks over the years."

Several people have been talking about taking a boat over to look for tracks, but Clarke said he wasn't very anxious to join them.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articl ... 9-ON.html#

Manitoba film shows Bigfoot?

Bigfoot clip

So has anyone got a copy of the film clip?

[edit- to stop link breaking screen, Quixote]

This was also discussed in this thread:

[removed link to this thread-Quixote]

Doesn't sound as if anyone has outside of the folks in the hinterlands of Manitoba (now that sounds like a remote zip/postcode!) who have viewed the original. I'm sure soon enough, though. Frankly, if it were me, I'd need a few days to steel myself before being ready to release it to the media, cryptozoologists, etc. Steel myself for the inevitable onslaught of people either revering me as somekind of bigfoot prophet/contactee or denouncing me as a lying fraud. And in either case, digging up everything I've ever said or done (or just inventing stuff) to *establish* me as a) a credible, sober witness, b) delusional wacko or c) a mountebank, depending on their agenda. Assuming he's sincere, he has, on some level, my sympathies.

lopaka said:
Frankly, if it were me, I'd need a few days to steel myself before being ready to release it to the media, cryptozoologists, etc. Steel myself for the inevitable onslaught of people either revering me as somekind of bigfoot prophet/contactee or denouncing me as a lying fraud.

If i'd seen something and did not catch it on film i'd be like that, but with the footage you've got proof that you saw something strange. Thats doesn't mean you have proof its a bigfoot, but it proves you're not lying.

I see what you're saying Chris Baker, but I think short of a live specimen or a corpse, that's the kind of thing one has to put up with, no matter how good the photographic record presented. See the Patterson-Gimlin film, for instance. The issue quickly became Bob Patterson's character, not the film he shot. And has gotten worse since his death. Can't libel the dead, after all.

If you go to this page you can at least see the CBC's report (top right of the page--choice of RealVideo or QuickTime). It will give you an idea of what the area looks like.

Man who claims to have Bigfoot video besieged by calls

Canadian Press
Apr. 21, 2005 05:45 PM

WINNIPEG - TV shows, impassioned Bigfoot researchers, and the rabidly curious are besieging Bobby Clarke for two minutes and 49 seconds of video starring a large, dark figure.

Clarke, who shot the video on the banks of the Nelson River in northern Manitoba Saturday morning, is no longer talking to reporters.

But his family said Thursday it has fielded calls from Inside Edition, MSN, and Bigfoot researchers from Washington and California - although no one has come to Norway House with a cheque.

"There's a lot of calls. They want peace and quiet," Clarke's uncle, Norway House band councillor Langford Saunders, said Thursday.

"Since this came out, he was constantly harassed by people asking questions: What did you see, where was it?

"We said it would be a good idea for them to get out of the community."

Saunders said Clarke and his wife Winnie are trying to get the video footage enhanced in Winnipeg with a sharper and clearer picture.

Clarke has not called the figure a Bigfoot or sasquatch, though other members of his family have.

Clarke's mother, Georgina Henry, said Thursday that hundreds of people have come through her house in Norway House to look at the footage, but they've called a halt to the viewings.

"We got calls from Inside Edition. MSN wanted to buy it," Henry said, and there have been invitations to go on talk shows.

Daniel Perez, director of the Centre for Bigfoot Research in California, has called often, Henry said.

Saunders said one Bigfoot expert in Washington offered to analyze the footage if they'd just turn it over to him.

"Nothing is for free," he scoffed.

Saunders said the Norway House band council is helping Clarke and his wife sift through the calls and getting some shred of privacy back in their lives.

Clarke was operating the Nelson River car ferry about 40 kilometers from Nelson House Saturday morning when he saw a large, dark figure on the far shore about 300 meters away. He grabbed his camcorder, and took footage of the dark figure looking back, then turning and walking into the bush.

Copyright © 2005, azcentral.com. All rights reserved.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 1-ON.html#

Heres a guy answering questions who actually saw the video....

Can you tell if it's male or female?
"Nope"

Is this because of distance..or the weather conditions of that morning?
"Both play a factor in the video"

Is the video clear and maybe close enough so you can see the creatures fingers?
"No it was to far away"

Does it show the arms bending?
"yes "

Hmmmm...... but there seems to be a lot of build up ready for him to sell the video for a handsome profit to some gullible TV network........cynical me?

Oh, no, not cynical at all. In the best fortean tradition, one has to consider that a distinct possibilty, along with all the others. I only raise my hackles when people question an indivudual's motives despite the evidence, not because of it. Just on the face of it :D a deliberate hoax, with the cameraman's knowlege or not, or a misidentifiction (though in that part of the world I'd assume a fair number of the viewers know exactly what, say, a bear looks like) seem more likely outcomes of the story than an honest-to-goodness sasquatch film. But I'm still really eager to see it. :)

Lop, I really want to see the film, but that adds to my cynicism, but I won't judge until I have seen it, which I am sure we will as soon as he sells it :D

I think it will be of poor quality guys. This is not going to be your "good" sasquatch video. Everything I've read so far points out that the weather was bad, it was dark, the creature is not in focus, you cant make out many features.

If you want to see a good sasquatch video, my advice is to film your uncle randy in the shower.

Human_84 said:
I think it will be of poor quality guys. This is not going to be your "good" sasquatch video. Everything I've read so far points out that the weather was bad, it was dark, the creature is not in focus, you cant make out many features.

If you want to see a good sasquatch video, my advice is to film your uncle randy in the shower.

You're probably correct about the quality of the image. I mean, I've not played around with video cameras, but 250-300 meters is a long ways off. On the other hand, how many sasquatch film/video sequences do we have of any sort? I mean, really? A few are out there, but this still seems like a crypto "event" of some noteworthiness, at least based on what we've heard so far. And if the 'creature' is really in sight for almost three minutes, that's a helluva long time, isn't it? I'm into to seeing it and having it analysed, whatever my expectations are or what it turns out to look like.

Anyway, for me, part of the allure of the subject the tantalizing-yet-furtive nature of most of the evidence. Would I love definitive proof? Absolutley. But though my interest in bigfoot wouldn't disappear if it turns out to be a hairy man I've met (sorry, no living uncles) who's willing to let me take video of him showering, that would make it less intriguing.** :D

Seriously, though, someday, if/when one is actually "in hand", the mystery of its existence will have been solved, which which will thrill me. Yet, on some level, also sadden me.

**opinions may vary.

BTW, Human_84, that quote you posted from someone who's watched the video, do you have/could you please provide a source? Thanks!

lopaka said:
BTW, Human_84, that quote you posted from someone who's watched the video, do you have/could you please provide a source? Thanks!

Yes, there is a forumer on bigfootforums.com named Solid_01. He has watched the tape. Theres a few threads there right now which are tossing his name around (asking loads of questions from him) and he rarely shows on the forums. Seems like a very shy or humble person. The things I quoted him on are most of the details he has given.

(note, bigfootforums.com appears to be down right now 1:00PM EST)

Zoologist casts doubt on Bigfoot sighting

Zoologist casts doubt on Bigfoot sighting
friday april 22 2005 WINNIPEG -- A zoologist at the University of Manitoba says he's "very skeptical'' about a reported Bigfoot sighting near the remote community of Norway House.
Professor James Hare says there is always the possibility of discovering a new species of animal.

But he says if Bigfoot does exist, someone in North America would probably have found hard evidence by now.

He adds many sightings have turned out to be hoaxes.

Bobby Clarke, a ferry operator, has a short piece of video footage of what appears to be a tall, hairy creature walking upright in the Nelson River.

Many residents in Norway House have seen the video, but Clarke has now stopped showing the tape and is hoping to sell it to a media outlet.

A Vancouver author and amateur researcher says Bigfoot-type creatures exist and are likely in northern Manitoba.

Chris Murphy says there have been dozens of sightings in the region, and the remote forest is an ideal habitat.
http://www.canada.com/fortstjohn/story. ... 010a22e5a3

LATEST INFO

Recent Footage in Manitoba, Canada

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The recent footage described in the Canadian press was obtained on April 16, 2005, near the Nelson River, 800 kilometers north of Winnipeg, Canada.
Click image above for the map showing the location of the recent footage in Manitoba, Canada.
A representative of the BFRO is in touch with the family of the man who obtained the footage.

Here are the relevant details about the incident and the footage :

The man who obtained the footage is the ferry boat operator at the river crossing north of the Cree Nation community at Norway House.

Regarding the circumstances of the incident :

The ferry operator had previously worked the night shift. During his night shifts he occasionally heard eerie screams in the distance. He wanted to record the unusual screams so he made it a habit of bringing his camcorder with him to work. He didn't get any sound recordings, but he continued to bring his camcorder with him to work after he changed his shift to the morning shift.

The morning shift for the ferry operator begins at 6:30 am. Often there is no traffic to ferry across the river at that hour. During the long waits in the morning the ferry operator would walk along a nearby trail. He saw and videotaped the sasquatch during one of these walks in the morning.

Regarding the clarity of the footage:

The footage is not close range, but there is some natural illumination. The sasquatch was approximately 250 yards away. The camera is fully zoomed in. It is shakey for the most part, but is steady and clear at some points. Those are the portions of the footage that are most impressive.

When shown on a 32 inch diagonal TV monitor, the figure is about 6 inches high on the screen.

The most compelling aspect of the footage is the duration. It's about 45 seconds long. It is standing in water for a while before it notices the cameraman and then walks away. The fur color is said to be dark, and the figure seems to be very large. It is too distant to see facial details.

For those of us who have been studying authentic footage and debunking bogus footage for a long time, the full circumstances of this incident point to a credible encounter.

It would be unwise for us to specifiy, on a public web site, the various elements that are consistent with a credible encounter. Suffice it to say, we don't think someone is going to step forward with a costume and demonstrate how they created the appearance of this animal, especially at the place where it was standing. The figure is standing in water up to its shins. When a few local hunters went to inspect the exact spot where the figure was standing, they were surprised to see the water was roughly 3-4 feet deep there -- waist deep for humans.

It may be a very large sasquatch, even by sasquatch standards. The video may be able to demonstrate the size. If the measurements of the surrounding objects show the figure was over nine feet tall, then this footage is very significant, even if it isn't as clear as the Patterson footage.

The footage has not been shown on television anywhere. He will be licensing the footage for broadcast at some point in the future, so you will certainly be able to see it eventually on television.

We will update this page with more current information as soon as it becomes available.

ARTICLE HERE -THEY SEEM TO BEON TOP OF THINGS !! http://www.bfro.net/news/manitoba_footage.asp

Hah! Told you guys!!

"...it isn't as clear as the Patterson footage."

I said mark my words, I knew it wouldnt be. Like I said, if you wanna see a sasquatch video, then best start taping your uncle randy in the shower.

;)

It is universally accepted on this thread that the patterson footage is a hoax? (even if one of the two people who filmed it was not in on it)

Chris Baker said:
It is universally accepted on this thread that the patterson footage is a hoax? (even if one of the two people who filmed it was not in on it)

Not by me, anyway. I haven't been convinced "beyond a reasonable doubt" that it is bogus or frankly even that the "preponderance of evidence" shows that is, to use two legal standards. That doesn't mean I accept it as genuine, either, but no, I'm not (yet?) in the 'fake' camp. Can't speak for anyone else, of course.

Human84 said:
Hah! Told you guys!!

I said mark my words, I knew it wouldnt be. Like I said, if you wanna see a sasquatch video, then best start taping your uncle randy in the shower.

Wink

And when did anyone say that it was clearer? :confused: I'm not sure where the condescending attitude is coming from. Yes, by Gawd, what it shows, whatever it does indeed show, is different than the Patterson film...isn't that the point? Somebody says "I shot 45 seconds of bigfoot film" and yeah, forgive me, I'm going to be interested in it (and maybe even excited) until (and then hopefully after) I and others have seen it.

Even down a two full minutes from the original reports, it's the duration of the footage that struck me as especially noteworthy, an opinion echoed in recent comments that ruffready quoted. I don't think anyone is expecting to see a segment from a nature film. {...cranky...}

lopaka said:
Chris Baker said:

Not by me, anyway. I haven't been convinced "beyond a reasonable doubt" that it is bogus or frankly even that the "preponderance of evidence" shows that is, to use two legal standards. That doesn't mean I accept it as genuine, either, but no, I'm not (yet?) in the 'fake' camp. Can't speak for anyone else, of course.

That does refelct a lot of people's opinions.

Of course it isn't "this thread" its this thread:
www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1395

lopaka said:
Chris Baker said:

Human84 said:
Hah! Told you guys!!

Wink

And when did anyone say that it was clearer? :confused: I'm not sure where the condescending attitude is coming from. Yes, by Gawd, what it shows, whatever it does indeed show, is different than the Patterson film...isn't that the point? Somebody says "I shot 45 seconds of bigfoot film" and yeah, forgive me, I'm going to be interested in it (and maybe even excited) until (and then hopefully after) I and others have seen it.

Even down a two full minutes from the original reports, it's the duration of the footage that struck me as especially noteworthy, an opinion echoed in recent comments that ruffready quoted. I don't think anyone is expecting to see a segment from a nature film. {...cranky...}

Hey I'm sorry. I didnt mean to come off like that, I just wanted to make note that it wasnt as clear as the patterson film. thats one single detail that stood out when i read it. And before reading that I've always thought that this manitoba video wouldnt be to great since the 250 yards thing. I didnt mean to come off like that though, just adding humor.

8) Apologies as well for misreading you.

For me, the hardest thing to 'get' on these messageboards is a good feeling for someone's tone of voice, particularly if one hasn't read a lot of posts by the person. I need to remember that.

(And that I've been cranky of late...I wonder if the person filling the coffee bins at the grocery put decaf beans in the wrong container? :eek: )

In any case, it's good to have you in the discussion. :)

Source
BIGFOOT VIDEO SOLD TO U.S. TELEVISION SHOW

Relatives say a northern Manitoba ferry operator has sold an unnamed U.S. television show his video footage of a large, dark figure that some are describing as Bigfoot.

Langford Saunders, the uncle of videographer Bobby Clarke, says there were multiple offers for the two minute, 49 second tape. On April 16th, Clarke was operating an automobile ferry on the Nelson River when he claimed to have seen a dark figure walking upright on the riverbank. Clarke says he grabbed his camcorder and recorded the figure looking directly at him, then turning around and heading back into the bush.

Relatives say the creature was at least eight feet tall. (Winnipeg Free Press)

Good, looks like this is going to get out where the public can see it!

[Emp edit: Fixing URL to stop it brekaing page.]

Philo T said:
Source
BIGFOOT VIDEO SOLD TO U.S. TELEVISION SHOW

Relatives say a northern Manitoba ferry operator has sold an unnamed U.S. television show his video footage of a large, dark figure that some are describing as Bigfoot.

Langford Saunders, the uncle of videographer Bobby Clarke, says there were multiple offers for the two minute, 49 second tape. On April 16th, Clarke was operating an automobile ferry on the Nelson River when he claimed to have seen a dark figure walking upright on the riverbank. Clarke says he grabbed his camcorder and recorded the figure looking directly at him, then turning around and heading back into the bush.

Relatives say the creature was at least eight feet tall. (Winnipeg Free Press)

Good, looks like this is going to get out where the public can see it!

And people thought I was cynical when I said he would sell it :roll:

Heres a sattelite pic I found on google maps of the vicinity of the norway house.

Circled is where the ferry runs. you can see the water appears very shallow there. This pic can be interesting as it shows the layout of the area.

REMOVED. See updated below...

There should be some kind of hotline you can call when you see a bigfoot that gets an SAS or Delta Force or Navy Seals response team out to the area pronto!! :idea:

Back