• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

It doesn't surprise me TBH. I'm sure though that he changed his stage name, changed the first name and surname. I met Captain Sensible ( of punk band The Damned) a few years ago at a bar. He is very well spoken and remarkably courteous and polite.
Maybe that's a 'Mandela effect'?

There was something called 'Frank Black and the Catholics' he got involved in... But TBH I'm afraid many more people would be rock and roll legends if they had a rich mum and dad to bankroll them! - Street Cred by Mastercard? Not my thing.
That's how most of the musicians, writers and artists got started back in the old days.

That's how most of the musicians, writers and artists got started back in the old days.

Having spent all of my own working life in the Creative Industries, and being able to number quite a few of the above among my friends, colleagues and acquaintances I have to say...no, not really. I grew up the son of a single parent on what was (officially) one of the most deprived areas in Europe; and that experience is not untypical.

Being a preppy plastic punk (a decade after punk was over) American college drop-out however; well that does seem unusual.

Was chatting to one of my friends on the phone today when she asked me if I had seen the article about the latest guy to be arrested on terror related charges for sending money to some terrorist overseas.
She then said that she had taught him in grade 1 and although it had been a multicultural class none of the other children had got along with him.
Just thought it was a little strange and perhaps he had some oddness even at that age.

Was chatting to one of my friends on the phone today when she asked me if I had seen the article about the latest guy to be arrested on terror related charges for sending money to some terrorist overseas.
She then said that she had taught him in grade 1 and although it had been a multicultural class none of the other children had got along with him.
Just thought it was a little strange and perhaps he had some oddness even at that age.

Please post more about this guy! Including relevant article on Islamic Terrorism Thread if possible.

Something really really minor
You know all those stereotypical fortean stories (esp. the "creepy first person true story in the woods" kind of stories) when they say "and then I had this terrible feeling of being watched"?
Well testerday I was walking down the street and I had a feeling of being watched. I looked across the street and there was a guy looking at me and grinning.

and yes, that's it.

Something really really minor
You know all those stereotypical fortean stories (esp. the "creepy first person true story in the woods" kind of stories) when they say "and then I had this terrible feeling of being watched"?
Well testerday I was walking down the street and I had a feeling of being watched. I looked across the street and there was a guy looking at me and grinning.

and yes, that's it.
Your 'spidey sense' is working.

This morning I had an active discussion with a colleague at work about those grammatical structures lumped together, in EFL circles at least, under the label "future in the past". As an - apparently hypothetical - example of future plans that won't now happen, I said that "my friend was going to get married next summer, but now she won't because it will affect her tax credits status". This afternoon, I got a message from said friend telling me that she and her fiance have cancelled their planned wedding because, inter alia, of the impact on their tax credits...

Slightly strange dream. I don't remember many dreams so this one is a bit odd. Was walking down a city street and a girl called Nikki came up to me and I had the most fantastic feeling of discovery and affection - as if she was a long lost love. The dream changed to a different scene, as they do, and my wife was there , insisting the girl was called Nick and not Nikki. She starts to tell me something about her and then I wake up.

Darn. Was my wife going to tell me something good or bad? If I meet this Nick, do I hug her or run?

None of the Nicoles / Nikki's I've met look anything like the one in the dream.

I once really upset a girl called Max by introducing her as Maxine (her full name) - maybe it's just that resurfacing somewhere in the cauldron of the unconscious. Max did at least look slightly like the Nick in the dream. Not much, mind you.

Slightly strange dream. I don't remember many dreams so this one is a bit odd. Was walking down a city street and a girl called Nikki came up to me and I had the most fantastic feeling of discovery and affection - as if she was a long lost love. The dream changed to a different scene, as they do, and my wife was there , insisting the girl was called Nick and not Nikki. She starts to tell me something about her and then I wake up.

Darn. Was my wife going to tell me something good or bad? If I meet this Nick, do I hug her or run?

I once really upset a girl called Max by introducing her as Maxine (her full name) - maybe it's just that resurfacing somewhere in the cauldron of the unconscious. Max did at least look slightly like the Nick in the dream. Not much, mind you.

Dreams're a big daft mix of what's going on aren't they! I find that names are often slightly wrong, in a way that's either puzzling or deeply meaningful.

A bloke once fell out with me because his mother heard me say another man's name in my sleep. I'd been dreaming that my brother Mark was playing guitar on a little stage, and I was applauding him enthusiastically. For some reason I called him 'Mike' and that's what she heard and I was in the doghouse.

As an - apparently hypothetical - example of future plans that won't now happen
If grammatomancy has become a new form of precognition, please be very careful with your punctuation. Nobody wants to be brought to a full-stop too early, via paranormal postulative propositional paragraphy.

We all must watch our Ps and Qs, lest they form a sin tax that abbreviates our sentence, within this sell that we call life.

insisting the girl was called Nick and not Nikki.

As a Nicole, there are only two people on the planet I let call me Nikki...and neither of them are my parents.
I much prefer Nic(k).

So maybe I'm your dream girl?? ;)

I think I posted this before on this thread. This soul-mate/perfect women, might be a representation of your female self.Could have been PenG who pointed it out to me or Ula.

As a Nicole, there are only two people on the planet I let call me Nikki...and neither of them are my parents.
I much prefer Nic(k).

So maybe I'm your dream girl?? ;)

Could be. :) About 5ft 5, slim but not skinny, longish wavy medium brown hair, own a black overcoat with two rows of buttons down the front? That's the girl in the dream.

Last edited:
Visited someone I know quit well today, now wile I am interested in anything
mechanical he his totally different and shows no interest in such things,
anyway he for some strange reason felt he had to look out the window
and as he does a red and white light aircraft fly's passed, only in view for seconds.
A bit later he feels he should ring his sister and he tells her about the aircraft, was it
red and white she asks? yes, It was me, she was learning to fly.
Now I don't doubt this was a true account, so was it luck, just one of those things,
or is there something more going on here?

and as he does a red and white light aircraft fly's passed, only in view for seconds.
A bit later he feels he should ring his sister and he tells her about the aircraft, was it
Now I don't doubt this was a true account, so was it luck, just one of those things,

Heh, brilliant! :clap:

I was cooking dinner tonight, chopping sthg or cracking some eggs. All of a sudden I heard a loud THUMP in front of me, loud enough to vibrate in my chest and startle me. Look in front of me, nothing wrong. Look at my feet, to the left, to the right, behind me, nothing. Open the fridge to see if something fell in there. Nothing. I guess it's just things that go bump while you cook.

I think some of those search-histories are very like the days I try to verify the stories I read on here!

It all adds to the foetid mix of ads I get from sites which reckon they know me.

But I have never, ever Googled for affectionate Russian grannies. Maybe they are the default balm for damaged souls! :truce:

To establish a proper 'control' for analysis, we'd have to know how often he phones his sister to tell her about random planes flying past...

Me, reading the Fortean Times Forum (sorry, couldn't resist):
knjc3s4v5uff5omzpw3h.jpg

He gave it the title: "downsizing":
Ironic or iconic: comic conic capers.

Of course, in Scotland, traffic cones are constantly-worn by statues of famous people.

This Glasgow one (adorning the head of a famous Duke, who was named after a special type of waterproof boot in recognition of his services to the London Underground) has been replaced on numerous occasions by passing pedestrians.

640px-Statue_of_Wellington%2C_mounted%2C_Glasgow_-_DSC06285.JPG

How the F did they get it up there?
By using Muriel Gray to deliver it (for one of it's incarnations). She's very light, so it was easy to fling her up
No, sorry, in reality it was got up via the use of large amounts of alcohol.

I had a similar experience of a young woman (late 20's) who repeatedly appeared in my dreams. Nothing like any one I knew and whilst very good looking , not anything like I would call the girl of my dreams(also decades too young!) So real it was untrue and I was almost left bereft when I woke up. Very strange experience indeed.

I had a similar experience of a young woman (late 20's) who repeatedly appeared in my dreams. Nothing like any one I knew and whilst very good looking , not anything like I would call the girl of my dreams(also decades too young!) So real it was untrue and I was almost left bereft when I woke up. Very strange experience indeed.

that's her. Not someone you'd be attracted to when awake but absolutely compelling when asleep it's your soulmate. I've not seen her for many years sadly.

Back