• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Strange thing, i was in the bath and suddenly the song Angel by Robbie Williams popped into my head and i started singing it and Mythopedias name popped in there as well (in my head, not into bathroom):oops: *hides*
Mythopedia?
Oi, cheeky!

Yes, Ive found the bath taps running, once shortly after arriving home and once one early morning.

Which reminds me that recently our downstairs hall light was left on overnight. Techy and I both noticed it separately on bathroom visits but were equally too lazy to go down and switch it off.

Techy was last up that night and swears that he turned it off but I reckon he's mistaken.

Which reminds me that recently our downstairs hall light was left on overnight. Techy and I both noticed it separately on bathroom visits but were equally too lazy to go down and switch it off.

Techy was last up that night and swears that he turned it off but I reckon he's mistaken.

Youve reminded me of something I posted about my tv remote acting up. Sometimes the TV and box come back to life on their own long after theyve been placed on standby.

Sounds like the TV box updating the listings and waking up to do it instead of staying asleep. Either that or picking up an update and restarting.
Yep - that could be it.
I've seen that happen with my NTL/Virgin box.

I've liven in brick and concrete buildings the last 5 years, and going back to my old folk's wooden house for easter and whoa, those houses make a lot of house noises! I guess I grew accustomed to it and stopped paying attention while I grew up.
I ended up going to greet "whomever returned home" several times while I stayed there. Especially caused by noises that reminded me of someone putting down a bag of groceries. I was alone and there are no pets.

Twice in two days, I walked through a room in the dark and was sure there was something black on the floor I was about to step on, but nothing was there. (The best I can compare it to is when you get up in the night to go to the loo and there's a black t-shirt on the floor. You can barely make it out.)
It was weird because the "thing" was the same shape and almost the same location both times, and I don't really have a history of "seeing things" that aren't there. I wouldn't have taken notice if it didn't happen twice. The shape was similar to a black cat sitting on the floor. A black blob with a tail sticking out. Kinda like this letter: ó, although it was too dark to really make out any depth.

Twice while living there I also experienced a very loud house noise that sounded exactly like someone throwing a large ball bearing at the door to my room. A loud, plain "PANG", but without the sound of it hitting the ground after. This happened to two different doors. I also remember a time my entire family was awoken by the sound of our cat knocking over a bic-a-brac in our living room. We never found whatever she knocked over. I've wondered if the sound wasn't the same PANG that hit my doors.

tl/dr: house noises are cool

I wonder if many of these "I bought a new house and it was haunted" stories doesn't come from people who are just not used to wooden houses.

I got an old autofocus pocket camera from around 1986. It was a very good camera. Unfortunately, the battery compartment door got broken, so I had to use tape to keep the batteries in the compartment.

A few months ago I found the old camera again. This time there were no tapes to keep the compartment door locked and the battery compartment door worked flawlessly.

Must be a small glitch in the matrix.

canonaf35m2.jpg

Where I live at the minute. There's a conservatory at the back of the house, that is connected to an old outhouse/brick shed with the door opening into the conservatory. The past two nights, the light in there has turned itself on, and then it's off again in the morning

Over the last week, I've had two separate dreams involving my riding on a bus.

The first one, there was a crazy driver and he swerved into our lane, somehow got past us, then did a bunch of donuts in a parking lot. We narrowly avoided crashing.

The second one was yesterday in which the driver was looking back at us, not paying any attention, and ran head-on into a car.

This morning I wake up to the news that a food vendor was killed in a car crash involving an SUV and...a city bus.

I'm not saying that it's all related, just that the odds of that happening are rather astronomical. I've been in a bus a couple of times when there's been a minor accident. To read about a bus being involved in a major accident on the news is rather astonishing, given the time frame.

Lost my phone a couple of days ago. Turned the house upside down. Nada. Battery dead, natch, so couldn't ring it. Today I had a coughing fit (I'm proper poorly just now) and sank to my knees near the sofa, only to see, in plain view in the middle of the cushion, my phone.

Today I had a coughing fit (I'm proper poorly just now)

I'm sorry to hear this. Go and talk to Escargot at once if you haven't already done so!

But I am glad you found your phone :)

I'm sorry to hear this. Go and talk to Escargot at once if you haven't already done so!

But I am glad you found your phone :)

I laughed so hard last night at a thread on here that I brought on a nasty coughing fit. Thought I'd never stop. Not advisable when you have pneumonia!
Worth it though. :D

Lost my phone a couple of days ago. Turned the house upside down. Nada. Battery dead, natch, so couldn't ring it. Today I had a coughing fit (I'm proper poorly just now) and sank to my knees near the sofa, only to see, in plain view in the middle of the cushion, my phone.

Could you have previously swallowed it?

You have a case of shed light interference phenomenon.
That's right. Sometimes referred to as, "SLIP"
And, speaking of minor strangeness. One time at the home we lost due to the earthquakes (lived there almost 23yrs Christchurch, New Zealand), I heard this tink-tink-tink noise. I glance over at a small table between the two lounge chairs and I shit you not, there was a tealight candle bouncing back and forth on its base, from side-to-side. Like an invisible hand was doing it. I said to my daughter, "wo.., far out, look at that" to which she responded with a, "what the fnck?" Must've lasted all of twenty seconds and then it just sat down flat again. Weird.

Back