• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Monsters

I was apologising about your mis-spelled name some peopl take real offence

yes I agree some kind of monster but I do not think it was physical people respond in a different way to the physical than the shall I say Para-physical. but I personally have no experience despite my collecting knowledge in the supernatural.

She has no explanation either.

Has anyone seen a demon

The only reason I ask is because the question brought up a memory of a story related by a friend related to me at around the age of 14 which ingrained itself indelibly in my memory concerning a night when he was visited by as he put it " a demon ".
It occurred around 2am in a room he shared with 2 brothers who slept soundly throughout his experience , despite efforts on his part to raise them by screaming.
He claimed to have heard a bell ring and then felt a presence which manifested itself. He never described its physical appearance but recounted how it picked him up without touching him and span him around ,bouncing him off the bedroom walls ,an experience, he claimed lasted around 2 hours before a bell rang and his encounter ended.
I have never came across another story concerning demons which hace not been based on temptation or on evil humans reincarnating after death as demons and have never been able to decide whether this story was a dream ,a lie or the truth and wonder if anyone on this site has had similar experience or better, could offer some sort of explanation.

Demon

Some of the other Forteans here know of my Demon encounter when I was about 7 years old.

I woke in the small hours, about 2-3:00am. I automatically sat bolt upright and spied a small, ugly, humanoid creature at the foot of my bed. There was about a foot gap between the end of my bed and my wardrobe side, and the bed had it's left side to the outside facing wall. The creature seemed somewhat preoccupied when it noticed me staring at it. I was frozen, just sat there staring at this small creature scrounging at the bottom of my bed.

In the dim but sufficient light from the landing, my door was always ajar because my mom was afriad that I would smell or see smoke in the event of a fire(go figure!?), i could make out its shape and size but no features as it was just beyond the crack of light that pierced the dark.

Suddenly it turned to look at me, then it came closer scrabling over my quilt towards me. I couldn't scream as it paused looking into me. But this i remember so clearly: It was about 3.5ft tall, dull red in colour with skin not unlike leather in texture, its face covered in boney ridges around it's eyes and temples and chin. It's eyes were a glowing red, like a hot coal after the flame has died. It had a row of small spikes and a pair of twisted but stupy horns on its bald scalp. It's body was a dull sheen and thin on the waist but relatively muscular on its appendages.

Then i found myself able to scream for my parents, as I did so it seemed shocked and bolted back. Just as my parents pushed back the door it seemed to change clour and jump THROUGH the wall next to me.

That was the first and last time I have seen IT. I never wish to again, but i learnt that these "entities" appear again at about the age of 17-18, I'm 16 and a half now...

If there is anyone else here who has been visited by the Demon, get in touch, I'd like to talk....

For anyone who saw the channel 4 show "The Entity" the other night and saw the pictures of Demonattacks during the 1700s, and especially the one with the rather thin, small, dark, smooth skinned fire-eyed demon...that's the one who visited me.

Ever heard of a Toomali ?

I do remember as a late teen after mucking about with some occult paraphinalia I went straight to bed and didnt put the stuff away (some old bones and playing cards that had been marked with symbols surrounded with a silver chain) or perform any closing rituals.

I had been in bed for about an hour when I felt something jump on the bed, for a moment i thought it was the cat, but it was too heavy for the cat and my door was closed anyway. I peered up and saw what looked like a cat but was fatter pitch black and had much bigger paws and no tail. It turned to look at me and although the light was bad I could tell it was no Cat as the ears were too low and the face was monkey like with both eyes facing forward and slightly yellowed in colour.

I wasnt frightened nor was I paralised I just sat up in surprise and pulled my legs out from under the creature which seemed to imbalance it, the creature lept off the bottom of my bed but i did not hear it hit the floor.

I switched on the light and found .... you guessed it ... nothing.

I reported this event to a friend who discribed the creature as a 'toomali' (unsure of spelling) and said it was harmless and probably just being nosy. There is nothing on Google relating to this word.

For quite a while I considered luring one to keep as a pet (if it was willing).

A firm lesson to tidy up after yourselves methinks...

Demon Avenger

Could it have been a neighbor with a mask on playing a joke on her?? 1)they would know
she was alone 2)if there is something like that lurking at the window she wouldn't sit
there and study the beast 3)it was dark out, which would give away tell tale signs of a human
in a mask 4) people can easily be evil 5) did she go out in the morning to see if there were
any footprints?? thats what went threw my head when I read your story, does any of it
apply? people used to call me monster in grade school, but thats a different story.

Coming back to the whole "what are demons" question... I heard somewhere along the line (I think it was a documentary on Channel 4 earlier this year, when a Catholic priest was talking about "Entities." I've heard similar ideas in popular media such as the film "The Prophecy" and the graphic Novel "Preacher") Er, anyway, I think he said something along the lines that "demons" are in fact fallen angels much like Satan. In other words they were banished from Heaven after some celestial war because one faction of the angelic host got pissed off that the status of humans was too high in the grand scheme of things. It's an interesting idea in itself - essentially it would be a conflict over something akin to racism... Not something you'd expect in Paradise!

Just like to thank every body

The mask thing is true, it could of been a neighbour but at the time my mum was a bit reclusive( she was into the Jehovahs witnesses I don't think that has much to do with it though apart from some form of faith) and she did say it could of been that.

People in masks can be evil too I know I can.

I think some peoples desciption is almost the same as hers freaky eh :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!:

The demon thing is a kind of racism and my eveolving views on things are this.

God(whichever god is up there) created the universe angels and all kinds of creatures but the were all for his use as tools and functions he then realised that his angels had no free will and would die for him and all they did was praise him.

God decided he wanted children therefore he created man, He didn't realise though that if he favoured man as free individuals that the angels would become jealous, the angels turned on him and man like jealous older brothers and some became the demons and some stayed with him. Like all children man disobeyed their father and like all fathers he punished us and as we wanted to do as we pleased and satan wanted the Earth he gave everyone what they wanted to see how they would like it.

As I recall (and I'm a bit hazy) the theological deal is this: God created Man and asked all the Angelic Host to pay homage to Adam. Lucifer ('Light Bearer') declined to do so, as Adam was raised from mud and Angels are, well, Angelic.

Hence, Jihad in Heaven. Lucifer is cast out, shortly followed by the Fall of Man and everything goes wrong.

Or, as George Spiggot (aka The Devil) put it in Bedazzled (not the apalling remake):

George:'I'll pretend to be God. You be me...now pay homage.'
Stanley:'You're wonderful, you're wise...the world, what a great idea...'ere, I'm getting a bit bored of this, can we change places?
George:'That's exactly how I felt'.

The Bible is a bit vague on Demons. Many of the references are often wrongly translated comments about rather mysterious 'hairy ones' and 'he-goats'. Hebraic texts such as the Kabbalah (yeah, I know, spelling) contain more references.

Has anyone seen a demon

Thanks for all the kind replies received.Some perceived the "visitee"(Yes I am making up the words as I go) as female which interested me as you will no doubt have worked out by now that she was in fact he.
I now have at least an awareness that this person is not alone but byworking on the assumption that if 2 people who use this board have had ,if not similar, but relative experiences then this may be a far more common occurence than I beleived.
Another common thread I deliberately left out was the theme of revisitation.( I feel this is a more apt choice of word as it could appear to be premeditated).
This friend had stated that it had told him that it would return which was covered in one reply almost as an aside. Could this be coincedental or is this phenomena more prevelant than I had consider.Why is it when you come looking for answers you end up with more questions.Enough of this I must go.
Please feel free to share your thoughts on this matter or on any other which grabs your interest with me soon

Re: Has anyone seen a demon

Hi, I'm new here so I hope I won't be stepping on any toes, but...

I have noticed that all the people in this thread who saw monsters (except the Demon Avenger's mother) were asleep at the time. It seems more likely to me that it was a nightmare.

Sanchu fish's friend screamed but did not wake his brothers. This kind of thing happens often in nightmares. You feel like you are screaming but you are not really.

Chriswsm had been thinking about the supernatural before bed - it is only natural that it should pervade his dreams too.

Demon Avenger's mother's story is interesting though. I suppose she might have dropped off and not realised it, seeing as how it was late and she was alone. But I don't have any kind of evidence for this. I am just guessing. Nice, spooky story, Demon Avenger.

That's a good point Bethan. Plus, you're more susceptible to having your mind/eyes play tricks on you when you are almost asleep or just waking up.

And welcome to the boards!! =)

It wasnt a Dream as I was nowhere near falling asleep (im a big time insomniac).

As for the mind playing tricks, I cant dismiss that but it sounds like a way of reasoning every case of this nature.

I must point out that all attempts to recreate this experiment failed. which is a shame as they would make a cool pet.

Chriswsm said:
It wasnt a Dream as I was nowhere near falling asleep (im a big time insomniac).

As for the mind playing tricks, I cant dismiss that but it sounds like a way of reasoning every case of this nature.

I must point out that all attempts to recreate this experiment failed. which is a shame as they would make a cool pet.

I have a lot of dreams and I can tell you that they really play tricks with your head. Once I got up, walked all the way to school, and when I arrived there I woke up and had to do it all again (quite a tedious trip, so it was very annoying). The dream of walking to school was incredibly real. It is quite possible to dream you are awake. Sometimes I have dreamt something and not realised that it was not real for quite a time after I woke.

Dreams are fascinating. I have had 'hag-ridden' sleep paralysis dreams and dreamed of a ghost in my room. I only truly realised that this was not a real ghost after reading Fortean stuff about sleep paralysis, though I suspected it before. I have had lucid dreams. And those dreams where you feel like you are falling, and hit the bed with a bump. When I was little I dreamed of floating downstairs. I assume it was a dream but in my memory it is as if it actually happened.

When you are in bed and relaxed it is never safe to assume you are awake, because the difference between the two states is harder to tell apart than you might think. I love spooky stories, but sadly I see the pattern that almost all of them take place when the subject is in bed at night. They swear blind that they were awake, but I remember my own experiences with strange dream states and think, 'uh-huh'. I have never had any supernatural experiences that were not sleep related, so maybe my personal experience is biasing me towards this conclusion.

The things discussed in this thread seem to be more fairies than demons, by my way of thinking. 'Toomali' might be your friend's personal word for goblin or familiar or something. Why don't you ask him where he got it from? As to making a cool pet, well, wouldn't it be confusing? One minute Fluffy is there. Next minute he is not. Bit hard to keep on a lead! Also, from the little knowledge I have of the subject, the Good People are a lot more dangerous than they appear... And if it really is a demon I guess you'd just be in trouble!

The idea of beings that exist at the edge of consciousness fascinates me. Fairies, aliens, and ghosts all seem to me to be essentially the same thing. They seem universal over all cultures.
If we could figure out what they really are, then we'd know a lot more about the brain, and maybe about the world as well. Science knows so very little about sleep. Even its purpose is not known for certain.

What about this? A male deer is in the agressive fighting season, it sees it's reflection in the window, it goes over and starts bashing the window with it's horns, someone pulls back the curtain and looks out, the light from the house makes the deer's eye's seem to shine, the deer looks in agressively...
=a "demon".

Sorry Rich we don't have deers wondering around Council estates in England in the midlands and my mother distinctly remebers a hominid and evil intent.

She does seem to think it was goldish tan in colour though, I feel it's unlikely she could of mistaken been asleep but possible though cheers. Thanks Bethean too.

ballzack said:
I believe if it bleeds its a Cryptid! If it doesn't then its a ghost.
well, some people believe that ghosts are solid...

If that Creature that jumped on my bed was a rampant Deer than I think I would have felt safer with a demon....

Originally posted by Chriswsm
If that Creature that jumped on my bed was a rampant Deer than I think I would have felt safer with a demon....

I realise deer have no thumbs to grasp door knobs; yet, I still wonder if you had the doors locked properly. It was too small to be a deer, though...I remember you mentioning it's size. Are there any chimpanzee trainers or circuses in your area? You said it was distracted at first...if it were paranormal, wouldn't it know if you were watching it? Or was it really absorbed in what it was doing? And what was it doing, anyway? If it happens again, you might want to try killing it or maiming it so it can't escape, because I think someone would shell out big bucks for one of these babies. I don't know much about the dark side, but if it's corporeal enough to seem solid, an icepick in the old noodle might make it think twice before visiting you again.

ballzack said:
I think that 80% of people who see creatures like demons ghosts and monsters are all on crack. The other 20% are drunk.

Right on!

You mean like Arthur Conan Doyle and people like that.

Go into the control panel and edit your ignore list by typing in...um....the offending individual's name.

Hey, I don't know whats come over you ballzack but its completly OTT to say that Xanatic starts flame wars. You're not innocent you know..

Can't say I'm exactly sure what a "flame war" is... But it does sound quite demonic?!

IM BACK

love your stories feel a demon lead coming on unsure about the estate brat thing it was late and that long ago the estate wasn't that rough. but a distinct possibility.

Re: Has anyone seen a demon or monster.

Demon Avenger said:
My mother was up late(ish) about 11pm to midnight or so and I had been put to bed so she was by herself(no Dad im afraid) as she was often in those days.

She heard a scratching and scraping at the window a few times and decided to look outside what she saw frightned her almost to death she said, A face and hunched body were looking back at her. she looked at it for a few seconds it was humanoid she explained but had an animals face and it either had horns sweeping back or hair and red large slit eyes it was about her size.

she leapt back and didn't look again but felt that it couldn't get in the house. she was horrified though. she tells me she was never comfortable in her house it was in Wellingborough England.
After getting back into bed one night after having gone to the bathroom, I saw a face similar to the one your mother described staring at me through the window next to the bed. There was a full moon out so I had no problem seeing it was a face. It had that classiclly evil grin shared by so many demons, devils, and vampires (you know the one). I decided I was much too tired to give a damn, so I just pretended not to see it and went back to sleep (I too sensed it couldn't enter the house). The next day I sure was spooked though, especially when it started to get dark out again:eek:.

Think on this, what triggered off the conversation where my mother told me this was when I said "I'm telling you thier are worst things than ghosts roaming earth"
I agree.:monster:

Re: Has anyone seen a demon or monster.

Demon Avenger said:
Has anyone seen a demon or monster?

Why? Have you lost one? ;)

You could try putting up a few posters or showing round photos in the Trolls...

Back