• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Oh, The Irony

Tennessee radio host doubted and mocked vaccines – now he has Covid​

In a blog post in December, days after doses of Pfizer’s COVID vaccine was first authorized for emergency use in the United States, Valentine said he was simply following the logic in deciding not to get vaccinated.

“I’m not an anti-vaxxer,” he wrote. “I’m just using common sense. What are my odds of getting Covid? They’re pretty low. What are my odds of dying from Covid if I do get it? Probably way less than 1 percent. I’m doing what everyone should do and that’s my own personal health risk assessment. If you have underlying health issues, you probably need to get the vaccine. If you’re not at high risk of dying from Covid then you’re probably safer not getting it.”

After confirming rumors of his diagnosis on July 11, Valentine was initially well enough to report to listeners about his condition.

“I think I’m on the other side of it,” he said of the virus on one occasion, according to WIAT, while describing painful coughing, congestion, and fatigue.

“I’m certainly moving forward, it appears, but not in a straight line,” he added.

Valentine defended his decision not to get vaccinated as he began wrestling with the virus, insisting that he had thought the disease wouldn’t kill him.

Before he was hospitalized, Valentine also announced on air that he was “taking the vitamin D like crazy” and had found a doctor who agreed to prescribe ivermectin. The drug, often used to treat parasites in animals, has been touted in right-wing media circles as a promising COVID treatment but the Food and Drug Administration has cautioned against its use for COVID-19.

But in the days that followed, Valentine’s family shared with the radio station that his battle against the virus had become more dire and he was being hospitalized in critical care.

His brother, Mark Valentine, posted an impassioned message to Facebook on Wednesday, suggesting that Valentine’s fight for his life “has persuaded me to go get vaccinated when I was previously not inclined to do so.”

“Having seen this up close and personal I'd encourage ALL of you to put politics and other concerns aside and get it,” he added, noting that he wouldn’t wish his brother’s condition on his worst enemies.

A day later, during an appearance on WWTN-FM in Nashville, Mark Valentine said his brother was regretful that he wasn’t a more vocal advocate for getting vaccinated.

“For those listening, I know if he were able to tell you this, he would tell you, ‘Go get vaccinated. Quit worrying about the politics. Quit worrying about all the conspiracy theories,” he said.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/im-at...ets-mocking-vaccines-is-fighting-for-his-life

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...doubted-mocked-vaccines-covid-hospital-vaxman
An LA man who mocked the covid-19 vaccine, dies from the virus.

"A California man who mocked Covid-19 vaccines on social media has died after a month-long battle with the virus.

Stephen Harmon, a member of the Hillsong megachurch, had been a vocal opponent of vaccines, making a series of jokes about not having the vaccine.

"Got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," the 34-year-old tweeted to his 7,000 followers in June.

He was treated for pneumonia and Covid-19 in a hospital outside Los Angeles, where he died on Wednesday.

In the days leading up to his death, Mr Harmon documented his fight to stay alive, posting pictures of himself in his hospital bed."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57958358

Death row inmate dies of natural causes.

"A man sentenced to death in the US state of California for murdering a 12-year-old girl and four other women has died of natural causes, officials say.

Rodney Alcala, 77, died at a hospital near California's Corcoran state prison in the early hours of Saturday.

Alcala, who was known as the "Dating Game Killer" after taking part in a US TV show, was convicted in 2010.

As well as the California killings, he had also pleaded guilty to the murders of two other women in New York."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57955961

He was treated for pneumonia and Covid-19 in a hospital outside Los Angeles, where he died on Wednesday.
The pneumonia is the killer there. It's likely to have been caused by the C19, but that would be the CoD on the certificate.
I would hazard a guess that going by the guys attitude, he probably thought he could 'tough it out' before finally seeking medical assistance, by which time the inflammation of his lungs had become too severe for the antibiotics to work in time.

Where was that post of the German journalist faking being a flood helper? This is similar, but from China:
1627215868228.png

Two men commemorating a friend who'd been killed at a railway crossing were themselves struck and killed by a train at the same location. Lesson not learned ... Alcohol is suspected to have been involved ...
2 killed by train in Charlotte at memorial for man struck, killed in same location

Another deadly crash at a railroad crossing happened in South Charlotte Tuesday morning. CMPD says two people died when a Lynx light rail train struck them. ...

Pablo Tiquiram Us, 29 and Jose Tiquiram Us, 20, were walking north on the southbound tracks when CATs Lynx train 317, which was pulling train 306 and heading south, struck the two men.

Both victims were conducting a memorial for Baltazar Us, who was killed by a CATS light rail last week in the same location while driving impaired. ...

Alcohol impairment is suspected to be a contributing factor for the two pedestrians. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.wspa.com/news/2-killed-...orial-for-man-struck-killed-in-same-location/

From Twitter:

BKAV, the "largest" security company in Vietnam largely unknown on the international scene, got pwned... again. The hacker just published the company's ongoing "incident response" chat log showing its leadership deliberately misled the public.

The chat log shows that BKAV's leadership still has no clue how they were pwned and who the hacker is. This is understandable 'cause this is an ongoing incident. However, it also shows that BKAV attempted to frame the incident as "hack back by a disgruntled former employee".

To respond to BKAV's allegation that the hacker was merely using credentials harvested during their stint at the company, the hacker announced that they're going to live streaming infiltrating BKAV's internal networks.

Life imitating art...

You couldn't make it up- Mark Sharp and the Bicycle Thieves furious after guitarist's bike is pinched​

Band appealed for information in the hope of having the bike returned, saying they had "tasted their own medicine"

It was a case of life imitating art when West Lothian band Mark Sharp and the Bicycle Thieves reported the theft of guitarist Cammy McKay's bike.
In a 'you couldn't make it up' moment, the band took to social media to report the theft of the bicycle.
In a post calling themselves 'Mark Sharp & the Bicycle Victims' the boys appealed for the safe return of the bike.
It said: "Well you couldn’t make this up… we’ve tasted our own medicine and it is bitter!!
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/...-iqZ3m6Xd5R1UMS_M5VB6eAw8pBb6HsfM7x3b_QOx1dGU

Shortly after 9 a.m. on Wednesday 23 May 1618, Vilém Slavata found himself hanging from a window of the Hradschin castle in Prague. This was not a predicament the 46-year-old aristocrat had encountered before.

:)
Europe's Tragedy: A New History of the Thirty Years War (Peter H. Wilson)

MP loses license for speeding after campaigning for tougher speeding restrictions

76mph in a 50 zone.

It's the third time in two years that the MP for Peterborough, who has campaigned for tougher speeding restrictions, has been caught over the speed limit.

Chair magistrate Dr David Wilkinson said: “We note Mr Bristow pleaded guilty to the offence of speeding. We also note two recent speeding offences.”

Dr Wilkinson handed Bristow a 28-day driving ban, which starts immediately.
Bristow was also given a £667 fine, plus a victim surcharge of £68 and £110 of court cost - all to be paid within 14 days.

MP loses license for speeding after campaigning for tougher speeding restrictions

76mph in a 50 zone.

It's the third time in two years that the MP for Peterborough, who has campaigned for tougher speeding restrictions, has been caught over the speed limit.
He is a serial offender with no thought for the speed limit. Twat'll kill someone soon. Hopefully only himself.

28 days seems lenient for 76mph in a 50 zone especially as he's done it before.

Have to give him credit for some TOP damage limitation though -

Bristow wrote: “How could I campaign for speed cameras or tougher measures on ordinary Peterborough streets if I asked a court to award me fewer points than my offence normally merits? If I offered excuses?

“I need to be able to campaign about speeding on residential streets without any suggestion of hypocrisy.

“Only by asking to be disqualified can I look constituents in the eye.”

I'd like to ask 'Are the voters of Peterborough proud of electing this dickhead?'

He is a serial offender with no thought for the speed limit. Twat'll kill someone soon. Hopefully only himself.

28 days seems lenient for 76mph in a 50 zone especially as he's done it before.

Have to give him credit for some TOP damage limitation though -

I'd like to ask 'Are the voters of Peterborough proud of electing this dickhead?'
Driving a 4x4 too - chances of survival for anybody hit by that at high-speed? Virtually zero.

The 28-day ban is pathetic. A typically abysmal refusal to understand what a serious crime this is. One incident? Perhaps you'd realise then and change your ways. Not for that shit-for-brains.

Driving a 4x4 too - chances of survival for anybody hit by that at high-speed? Virtually zero.

The 28-day ban is pathetic. A typically abysmal refusal to understand what a serious crime this is. One incident? Perhaps you'd realise then and change your ways. Not for that shit-for-brains.
I sincerely hope he celebrates the end of this ban with a long drive off a short pier.

Yeah, I didn’t want to say too much for fear of encroaching into The Zone, but probably didn’t do him any harm being the local Tory MP when it came to the sentencing.

The lengths of driving bans are not arbitrary. They are calculated on a points basis. Accumulating enough points on the driving licence in a certain amount of time triggers a ban.

Here is a helpful website, Driving Ban, run by a company called Motor Lawyers.

This page has a guide to how points are added up.

Speeding Ban/Speeding Offences

So there is little leeway for favours.

I worked at the local Magistrates' Courts and saw a few defendants argue the toss to keep their licences or reduce the length of the ban.
They succeeded if they pushed hard enough. Must've been expensive though.

Back