• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Paranormal Caught On Camera (TV Series)

I didn't notice them but it is often just a bit of lens flare so maybe I just didn't register it as anything else? The first of those videos was quite creepy but the one where you get a really good look at the shadow figure just made me think it was faked. He even goes running after it but when he opens the door, there is just the cat sitting there looking at him as if he was daft. In the first video, that cat got a fright when the noise was made. So it was frightened by the noise but not by an actual entity right in front of it? And I disagree that no-one could have been hiding behind the shower curtain. They absolutely could.

The grave one with the hand was really bad I thought. It looked very fake and none of the huge crowd of people standing round the grave even reacted.
Maybe the cat is in on it. They like a laugh at the expense of humans.

The lens flare thing doesn't quite satisfy me. Like I say, having used various camcorders in all kinds of environments for many years, and having seen plenty of example of lens flare, it never appears as anything similar to those rather specific moving lights that appear in the clips on that show. I have never captured anything on my camera that looks like it moves at all like those lights. PCOC often shows vids depicting what appears to be poltergeist activity which also feature orbs or other similar lights and/or wispy floating things. I'm prepared to believe they are explicable as something mundane, but really not convinced about them being lens flares.

Can I talk balls? People say I frequently do, but specifically in relation to "Paranormal : Caught on Camera".

Bearing in mind that I always watch with an open mind, wanting to be intrigued but always trying to stay reasonably cynical,
I'm just intrigued by how often spooky, ghost-related videos shown on the programme feature small floating balls of ethereal light which are generally referred to as orbs. I know they are generally considered to be 'a thing' associated with ghostly shenanigans. I've seen several vids on the programme in which these orbs feature, sometimes they are the 'main event' in the vid, sometimes they are there seemingly as the support act to another form of ghostly apparition or poltergeisty activity. Sometimes the expert contributors comment on them, and sometimes they don't even mention them, despite them being pretty obvious.

As examples, some weeks ago these orbs were the main feature in a handful of clips from a security camera that a guy had set up in his elderly parents' hallway. These orbs were very definite and seemed to move around with some kind of purpose. One was seen to come down the stairs and turn through a doorway, as if it was 'tracking' the movements of an invisible person.

In last night's episode (26th Jan), orbs appeared in a couple of vids shot by a guy in which the main event was the appearance of quite a spooky 'shadow entity'. These vids were very intriguing, but nobody commented on the fact that there were orbs floating around as well.

My question is two-fold. Have these orbs been debunked as definitely explicable? Common ideas seem to be camera malfunctions, particles of dust, insects etc - though sometimes their behaviour would seem to make these explanations seem unlikely. Or is their presence felt to be so ubiquitous that even the talking heads who appear on waffle-filled programmes like PCOC can't be bothered to draw our attention to them?

As an aside, I have used a camcorder for nearly 30 years now, in all kinds of environments including stately homes, castles, churches, graveyards... places where you might reasonably expect to pick up an orb or two, but I have never noticed that I have caught anything remotely orb-like that I couldn't immediately identify as being dust, an insect, a reflection etc. Nothing I have ever "caught on my camera" has ever moved in a paranormal way!

I like the program but I have never seen anything that could not be explained or faked.

They do have some good William Shatner programs.

Weird or What? and another unexplained mysteries type program.
I’ve seen a few of those & been pretty unimpressed with most. It could easily be renamed Weird? - Not. Then there’s Finding Bigfoot which should be renamed Not Finding Bigfoot, & all the Alaskan Weirdness shows - who’d’ve thought there was so much non existent weirdness in Alaska?

They could all mostly be compressed into 10 minutes per episode to save time.

I’ve seen a few of those & been pretty unimpressed with most. It could easily be renamed Weird? - Not. Then there’s Finding Bigfoot which should be renamed Not Finding Bigfoot, & all the Alaskan Weirdness shows - who’d’ve thought there was so much non existent weirdness in Alaska?

They could all mostly be compressed into 10 minutes per episode to save time.
I do sometimes worry... well, more like wonder.... about whatever will Blaze do if they ever DO find Bigfoot? Or if the aliens land and say "oh yeah, that Roswell thing. That was one of ours." That will be about 80% of their scheduled programming gone. There might be a whole raft of shows called something like "Bigfoot : See We Knew We Were Right" or "UFOs Declassified : In Your Face, Doubters!"

I do sometimes worry... well, more like wonder.... about whatever will Blaze do if they ever DO find Bigfoot? Or if the aliens land and say "oh yeah, that Roswell thing. That was one of ours." That will be about 80% of their scheduled programming gone. There might be a whole raft of shows called something like "Bigfoot : See We Knew We Were Right" or "UFOs Declassified : In Your Face, Doubters!"
"The only way is Zeta Reticuli" or "My big Bigfoot Wedding"?

But back to PCOC There is never any doubt expressed that it is genuine, there was another programme which at least tried to examine the footage and actually came up with footage being either debunked or unknown.
PCOC just starts with the idea that it's a demon/ ghost/ UFO and some talking heads express variations on "Wow!" Pity, with a bit af analysis it could be better.

But back to PCOC There is never any doubt expressed that it is genuine, there was another programme which at least tried to examine the footage and actually came up with footage being either debunked or unknown.
PCOC just starts with the idea that it's a demon/ ghost/ UFO and some talking heads express variations on "Wow!" Pity, with a bit af analysis it could be better.
Indeed. The talking heads' idea of rational analysis seems to mainly consist of saying 'I just don't know what this thing could be....' before going on to say '... but if it is a ghost/demon/UFO/bigfoot....' . I suppose that is the 'house style'. They don't want scepticism on there, or anything too much like rational objectivity. Personally, I allow the visuals to speak for themselves, though I also enjoy the contributions from the people who have submitted the footage. Generally, I let the experts' comments wash over me because they say the same stuff over and over. A couple of them seem to be sending the whole thing up too, especially the permanently smirking Ben Kissel.

I am watching two SFX artists ripping apart ghosts or poltergeists, are poltergeists and ghosts different from each other????? Are poltergeists the throwy ones? and ghosts the silent ones????

Everybody interviewed on PCOC just assumes all ghosts, UFOs and bigfoot are real. At least on Finding Bigfoot they employ a sceptic.

Everybody interviewed on PCOC just assumes all ghosts, UFOs and bigfoot are real. At least on Finding Bigfoot they employ a sceptic.
Probably the least sceptical sceptic I've seen though. :)

The only thing I watch on Blaze is PCOC. I really don't have the stomach, nor the patience, for those seemingly inexhaustible investigations into Bigfoot or aliens or Skinwalker or whatever that treasure thing is. With PCOC you get 7 or 8 videos (which of course may all be fakes, hoaxes or misidentifications) in each episode. I am prepared to believe that they may well all be nothing paranormal at all. But my fascination springs from having had a few (very hard to explain) experiences in my time. Sadly none of them were caught on camera. Also I have had first hand accounts (from people who I know well and believe are truthful) of seemingly inexplicable things. But if only one of the vids shown of PCOC were to turn out to be something genuinely odd, I would feel somehow vindicated (and I know how silly that sounds but if I can't say that in here, where can I?)

I've being watching the program mentioned above and wondering if anybody else thinks that a lot of the stuff is not paranormal?

Take this for example...

Woman in the woods

It's called the woman in the woods, maybe it just is a woman in the woods?
That's actually pretty creepy to be fair. IF they were just randomly filming in the middle of nowhere, and just happened to find some woman in a white dress lurking in the trees...

That's actually pretty creepy to be fair. IF they were just randomly filming in the middle of nowhere, and just happened to find some woman in a white dress lurking in the trees...

They could have been out for a walk but got frightened by the drone.

The only thing I watch on Blaze is PCOC. I really don't have the stomach, nor the patience, for those seemingly inexhaustible investigations into Bigfoot or aliens or Skinwalker or whatever that treasure thing is. With PCOC you get 7 or 8 videos (which of course may all be fakes, hoaxes or misidentifications) in each episode. I am prepared to believe that they may well all be nothing paranormal at all. But my fascination springs from having had a few (very hard to explain) experiences in my time. Sadly none of them were caught on camera. Also I have had first hand accounts (from people who I know well and believe are truthful) of seemingly inexplicable things. But if only one of the vids shown of PCOC were to turn out to be something genuinely odd, I would feel somehow vindicated (and I know how silly that sounds but if I can't say that in here, where can I?)
Totally agree CharmerKamelion, there is stuff on PCOC that could easily be faked, but some of it is quite interesting.

I caught an episode of PCOC yesterday which had a seemingly weird video of ground ‘breathing’ in a forest. On googling it I find it’s unusual yes, but nothing paranormal about it. On the programme however the explanation isn't mentioned - it’s just left as ‘paranormal’.

I caught an episode of PCOC yesterday which had a seemingly weird video of ground ‘breathing’ in a forest. On googling it I find it’s unusual yes, but nothing paranormal about it. On the programme however the explanation isn't mentioned - it’s just left as ‘paranormal’.
The people interviewed on PCOC are fantasists who believe everything.

I’m not even sure they actually believe it rather than spin bullshit & woo for the sake of their income.
As usual. Their subjects all speak like school children. Those 'expert' commentators are laughable. Instead of the dramatic titles like Paranormal Investigator And Folklorist they might try a little honesty like

Bunny Gothschild
Attention-seeking Nobody

Dudley Dudson
C-grader and Qualified Disappointer

Maybe 1 in 20 events is worthy of closer scrutiny. The rest is easily hoaxed crap. Compile the 5% and I'm yours. Otherwise tell your story walking.

Derek Hayes, one of the experts on the show, has a podcast I have been listening to called Monsters Among Us. I did a short review here on the forum somewhere, it's "it happened to me" audio from listeners.

Yes I saw that ‘breathing’ mound of earth. It’s an impressive clip but one second of googling gives the explanation showing it’s strong wind through the trees lifting the roots. Yet PCOC leaves the implication of something incredibly mysterious and paranormal.

My grievance with this sort of show is they often back up the material with other accounts, clips and photos that have been proven to be fantasy, hoaxes and fakes.

I don't have Blaze, and am now feeling slightly left out.

Count me as another among the 'rational sceptic who's had a few inexplicable things happen but basically believes that the inexplicable is just things that we can't explain yet.' But I will not have any truck with the 'ooh, demons!' type of programme.

Count me as another among the 'rational sceptic who's had a few inexplicable things happen but basically believes that the inexplicable is just things that we can't explain yet.' But I will not have any truck with the 'ooh, demons!' type of programme.
You aren't missing too much, catseye. Some of the videos are fairly interesting but the underlying feeling is most of the things are not what the programme purports them to be. And the talking head experts are uniformly irritating and unbelievably repetitive in the things they say. If they ever come up with anything truly remarkable, I'm sure you'll hear about it on here. But don't hold your breath.

I think it's on freeview.

That's interesting. What was the explanation for it?.

Back