• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Right

Very wise mate ... I do the exact same thing if and when I have to give or lend credit, even if it's between me and my Mrs, her memory's better than mine but she still sometimes forgets. It avoids any misunderstandings as you've said but also mistrust. I also NEVER use the back left pocket in my jeans or trousers for anything except her money, I even call it her 'office'. When I haven't got any transaction of hers in her 'office', only then will it becomes my workplace 'office' and I never mix the two fund flows .. only the people closest to me know that (and the whole internet now) ..
We do also keep a running total on the kitchen whiteboard who owes what to whom. With a couple of the sprogs working and one in a handy supermarket 'express' outlet, it ensure no-one gets out of pocket with "an odd loaf of bread and stuff". Funny thing, cash almost never changes hands as a result.

Ok first off it wasn't sexual

We had a women in her early twenties come up to our doorstep to get us to pledge money to a local hospice, very good cause.

Normally I go "yeah yeah" and ask for a website to donate and ask people on my doorstep to kindly f off.

This women was different, full of positive energy, she was foreign, she was captivating. Brilliant and I couldn't brush her aside as she was essentially so good and positive. She left me feeling very happy.

I signed up.

I've never had this happen before, I just signed up straight away and it was not the cause but the fact this women felt, sounded, looked so right.

Very Odd
Not so odd. She snookered you. You got love bombed ! LOL

(A few other people here may, actually, also know something about FETs. But even if you don't, read on, because you'll understand this analogy, I'm sure).

Most people in the world can be thought of as Gates, Sources, or Drains.

Sadly, the vast majority of that 'most' are "Drains". They always soak up effort and positivity, and give nothing back. Nothing much is left behind to show that they've swalllowed-up all your work. There's no reciprocation, no reflection, no true communication. It's gone, sucked away, and you're doomed to be dragged down by their sheer negativity. Keep a safe distance ...especially when surrounded by lots of them.

The next small minority are Gates. They tend to be usually neutral in their dealings with others, but they're sometimes able to be channellers/facilitators/enablers. The best ones do it well, and often. They're either rare people who used to be Drains, that've made a change, or (more often) it's just been their way since birth.

The very rarest people of all are Sources. Of fun, ideas, capability, direction, energy. They are extremely rare, because, like stars in the sky, they need to be shining when you're looking at them, there when you're looking for them, and not washed-out by either clouds or sun. Unlike superficially-popular people (most of whom.are Drains, or rarely Gates) they are genuine to the core, and deliver lots....sometimes to their own personal cost.

If you feel there's bias in this analogy, you should try to resist such thoughts. It'll be to your gain (and if you've understood my schematic here, it shows we share some common connections)
CPC3703C_SCHEM.jpg
The diagram makes it look real.

The diagram makes it look real.

By analogy, it is real.

As a Fortean coincidence, I am overdue in starting a thread about a purported curious supernatural incident of pseudo-magical powers generated by an electronic circuit diagram (puns perhaps intended).

Now that I've spoilt the plot already, I'd better not leave it too long until I post the actual thread.....

By analogy, it is real.

As a Fortean coincidence, I am overdue in starting a thread about a purported curious supernatural incident of pseudo-magical powers generated by an electronic circuit diagram (puns perhaps intended).

Now that I've spoilt the plot already, I'd better not leave it too long until I post the actual thread.....

Nah it's all good, if you are feeling too tired, can't be bothered etc :D

By analogy, it is real.

Now that I want to see

I have worked with about three of the same family, mum, and two daughters, also i met their brother, they are fantastic, bright, bubbly, loving and fantastic senses of humour, i have never met a family like them, only one of the daughters works there now and she is like my bestest friend there, her brother wanted to adopt me LOL. I liked the family straight away, the other girls were wary, the mother said i was the first one that actually made them feel welcome, I am usually wary of people, but these just radiated wonderfulness. I should mention that they are coloured and JWs, and i used to take the piss outta them and them outta me, they didnt care, they loved it and so did i, it made it more relaxing, instead of walking on eggshells, thats how it should be instead of using a race card, they hated people who did that

By analogy, it is real.

Now that I've spoilt the plot already, I'd better not leave it too long until I post the actual thread.....[/QUOTE

always been curious about people who ingratiate themselves into families and relationships so easily. no sense being cold or standoffish, but when people warm up too quick and too close theres always something else at play

always been curious about people who ingratiate themselves into families and relationships so easily. no sense being cold or standoffish, but when people warm up too quick and too close theres always something else at play
Concur. Things can move too fast.
I am overdue in starting a thread about a purported curious supernatural incident of pseudo-magical powers generated by an electronic circuit diagram (puns perhaps intended).
Oi, @Ermintrude, where's that circuit...?

Oi, @Ermintrude, where's that circuit...?
Yes, just noticed that....annoyingly, at present RealLife has been rather-pressing this week (and it's been a weird-work-weekend, unfortunately). It shall arrive, soon, apologies

I've heard it said that when you meet some one who "feels right", you knew them in a previous life.

I've heard that, too.

Since OH and I had a love at first sight situation (more like love at first vague half-glance, really) we always wondered about such things. For the first couple of years, we'd get frequent episodes where we'd both have deja vu at the same time. It was freaky, and a little eerie at times. We still have them on occasion. We don't have any mutual past life memories, though.

I don't know if either one of us is necessarily the type who "feels right" to anyone else. We're probably too cranky for that :p

That reminds me of something my husband told me after we met all those years ago. He said that a few nights before he met me, he dreamed of someone looking a lot like me. Also, aged 16 or 17, at the local fair, he went to the caravan of a certain Gypsy Lee. She did a reading and told him he was going to meet someone from abroad with whom he was going to live with for a long time. I'm French and 5 or 6 years later, we met in France.

I used to volunteer in a charity store for a major christian charity for five years until I reported that a Cluster Manager was letting her friend take any items of stock he felt like without paying and was handing jobs to her friends leaving volunteers to actually do the job, then the Area Manger fired me for not being a team worker while emphasising that she would never investigate them for stealing.
Since then dozens of people have stopped me in the street to ask why they have never seen me in the shop recently and have gone out of their way to tell me that the only reason they went into the shop was to talk to me because I was always cheerful, friendly, and would take the time to have a conversation, smile and be helpful.
So yeah I probably am a Source and never actually knew it because you don't actually know what type of person you are until strangers tell you.

I've heard it said that when you meet some one who "feels right", you knew them in a previous life.
I do wonder sometimes if there is some sort of circularity in this. I don't believe in reincarnation as a recurring thing like the Hindus and Buddhists, but what if our souls meet up multiple times on our journey through eternity? If so its a pity we don't remember better - it would save a lot of cock-ups!

Luckily I've never been in a position to have to borrow money , but the only occassions I've lent it its because I wouldn't be impoverished by doing so, care more about the person than the money, and I've made a point of never asking for it back. If they're worthwhile people they'll give it back without being pestered, if they're just using you you've learnt your lesson and they'll only get to do it once. Either way resenting them does neither of you any good.

I /think/ I've only been a lender but can't be sure. I have £50-£100 that I give to people if I can get them to take it. No strings, no questions, gift not loan just with the request that they pay it forward as I am now doing. Mostly they give it back to me at some point, sometimes they say where the payforward went so we can both enjoy it.

Haven't got the sense of being used more than 3-4 times in 30 years! So I guess I'm a mug but I'm at least a happy one! I top it up when somebody does something nice for me - I stuck a fiver in having been welcomed back over the last few days!

I don't believe in reincarnation as a recurring thing like the Hindus and Buddhists, but what if our souls meet up multiple times on our journey through eternity? If so its a pity we don't remember better - it would save a lot of cock-ups!

I like this :)

I do wonder sometimes if there is some sort of circularity in this. I don't believe in reincarnation as a recurring thing like the Hindus and Buddhists, but what if our souls meet up multiple times on our journey through eternity? If so its a pity we don't remember better - it would save a lot of cock-ups!

I read books about Edgar Cayce as a teenager.* His teaching was that souls can reincarnate in groups to enable them to continue learning from each other. There were enthralling yarns of groups of souls who'd undergone massacres by Indians or shipwrecks/marooning together, which experience had created a centuries-long bond between them.

*My father was interested in anything supernatural or weird: ghosts, UFOs, reincarnation, Big Foot, you name it. He collected books about it all which I read over and over again as a youngster.
Sadly, most of his books were lost in a flood or I'd've inherited them.

His teaching was that souls can reincarnate in groups to enable them to continue learning from each other. There were enthralling yarns of groups of souls who'd undergone massacres by Indians or shipwrecks/marooning together, which experience had created a centuries-long bond between them.
Wasn't there such an alleged group account in the media just a few years ago.. I think Oprah may have promoted it...all people from one US town, connected in a past life in the American Civil War.

Yes, that rings a bell. I bet it's in one of our Reincarnation threads.

[QUOTE="Ermintrude, post: 1598047, member: 47135
Most people in the world can be thought of as Gates, Sources, or Drains.

The very rarest people of all are Sources. Of fun, ideas, capability, direction, energy. They are extremely rare, because, like stars in the sky, they need to be shining when you're looking at them, there when you're looking for them, and not washed-out by either clouds or sun. Unlike superficially-popular people (most of whom.are Drains, or rarely Gates) they are genuine to the core, and deliver lots....sometimes to their own personal cost.[/QUOTE]

i know a lot of sources - and I agree that drains are often drawn to sources. In my experience, most sources are also gates. The real deal is constituted in such a way that it cannot be bought, sold, stolen, taught or learned - it can only be experienced. for example, a good friend of mine deliberately chooses only to take people on face value. so if they bullshit him, he accepts it as their truth. They then have the burden of maintaining it, whilst he remains unmoved by this type of indirect manipulation. Those who are self aware experience this dynamic when communicating with him and experience something akin to a mirror of their soul. It's almost impossible to say anything pointless to him without feeling like an end bell.

Back