• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Project Serpo The Zeta Reticuli Exchange Program

ruffready

Justified & Ancient
an alleged secret exchange program of 12 military personnel to Serpo, a planet of Zeta Reticuli, between the years 1965-78. Ryan explained that he is a participant in a private ufology email forum and that in early November 2005, an "anonymous" contributor began revealing information about the Serpo Project, which Ryan has subsequently chronicled

The gradual release of confidential documents pertaining to a top secret exchange program of twelve US military personnel to Serpo, a planet of Zeta Reticuli, between the years 1965-78

SOURCE: http://www.serpo.org/

This one doesn't feel 'right'. IMO it's fiction, it seems a bit too neat.

Why did the Ebens break off relations with Earth suddenly in 1985?
Was there a diplomatic incident?
This leaves a few questions hanging.

Why did the Ebens break off relations with Earth suddenly in 1985?
Was there a diplomatic incident?
This leaves a few questions hanging.
the site will be updated and more info will follow -check back for more info -ruff

12 military personnel? If I was a Zeti Reticulian I would have gone for some hot eastern european exchange students instead.

12 military personnel? If I was a Zeti Reticulian I would have gone for some hot eastern european exchange students instead.
Damed right !! :yeay:

If the story is true, they "aliens" seem to be maybe only a hundred years or so more advanced than us humans.

Serpo?

If this is the real deal,then this is NOT good for humanity.
It is the idea that a bunch of psychopathic military men in America can make decisions which affect the whole of humanity.

The idea that they know what is best for humanity is obscene.
Based on the decisions that the american military have taken in a historical context, just imagine the mistakes they could be making just now with out any permission or consensus. Fascist.completely.

This is probably why we will never hear about Aliens because they would have got a wrong impression about humanity from a bunch of gun nuts.

Zeta Reticuli might just be the neatest place yet to bring democracy and unrestricked free-market. I'm all for it!

If this is the real deal,then this is NOT good for humanity.
It is the idea that a bunch of psychopathic military men in America can make decisions which affect the whole of humanity.

The idea that they know what is best for humanity is obscene.
Based on the decisions that the american military have taken in a historical context, just imagine the mistakes they could be making just now with out any permission or consensus. Fascist.completely.

This is probably why we will never hear about Aliens because they would have got a wrong impression about humanity from a bunch of gun nuts.
Well, the France was one of their (the EBEN'S) choices to take , but 9 months with a bunch of frenchmen in such close quarters....
Also, England was thought of, but chasing foxes all around the spaceship would have cause problems...

Human_84 said:
If the story is true, they "aliens" seem to be maybe only a hundred years or so more advanced than us humans.
Not if they've had interstellar flight for 2000 years or so.

And supposedly planted gifted people here about that far back to help human development... :roll:

http://www.serpo.org/questions.html
(towards bottom of page)

Yeah, space travel for 2000 years and they can't make air conditioning or watches.

I have just heard (last night) that there will soon be pictures on the site! Heard they could be of some of the aliens themselves ! their houses, playing football (their football game mentioned on site) , and such..stay tune.

^ ^ Yes i see that too, matter fact i just came here to post that.

Also, we are working on obtaining four photographs taken by our Team Members of Serpo. I will scan them into my computer and then e-mail them to you. You can send them to Bill Ryan for inclusion into the Serpo Web site.

Don't distribute the photographs through your huge UFO thread list. Just leave it on the Serpo.org Web site for Web site Administrator Bill Ryan to post.

Once the public sees these photographs, even our skeptics, die-hard debunkers and those who claim that this is all a "non-event disclosure," will scratch their heads in total amazement! [They're not from a Hollywood movie set.]

— one photograph shows the entire Team standing next to an Eben home, with several Ebens standing in the background;
— another photograph shows the Team's new home in the north;
— another photograph shows an Eben village in the north;
— another photograph shows a group of Ebens playing their "soccer" game.

I hope this doesn't follow any patters from the capricorn spaceship program. Hopefully he doesn't stall us for months on this. I'll be the first to say that the photos were obviously taken with american equipment 30 or so years ago, so they wont be fine quality. But anyhow...... if some real photos do get posted and appear real, things are gonna go absolutely nuts!

Whether real or fake the site does little else but add more questions to a subject which is already bloated with them.

Everytime something like this is found all it does is present answers which in truth only ever lead to more questions and so around we go again.

There's only one real question at the heart of the entire matter of extraterrestial contact and that is:

What are we really being distracted from?

ruffready said:
I have just heard (last night) that there will soon be pictures on the site! Heard they could be of some of the aliens themselves ! their houses, playing football (their football game mentioned on site) , and such..stay tune.

That will be worth seeing (and not just to see whether alien football is like gridiron or soccer!). Seriously, I've read Anonymous' postings on the site, and they tell a great story, but then so did John Titor (remember him?). With the prospect of alien photos, though, things step up a gear or two. OK, like most alien photos, they'll likely be fake, but it will be fun to see them.

[FAST FACTS ON Dr CARL E SAGAN: (Victor Martinez)
Born in Brooklyn, NY on 11-9-'34 and died in Seattle, WA on 12-20-'96 of bone marrow cancer. He was an American astronomer, educator and planetary scientist and was the Director of the Laboratory for Planetary Studies at Cornell University.
CONNECTING THE DOTS: "Project SERPO's" final report was written in 1980 with Dr Sagan having been brought in half way through the project. It is believed that he wrote his 1985 bestseller, CONTACT, based on his insider knowledge of the most secret project in human history: a human-alien exchange program of which he signed off on its final report!
Years later, his book was made into the 1997 movie CONTACT starring Jodie Foster.]

A lot of the ideas in CONTACT had been expounded by Sagan, in earlier books, particularly The Cosmic Connection (1973). In many ways this books is the non-fiction precursor of Contact.

Human_84 said:
river_styx said:

I'm guessing you are a non-believer in the contact phenomena?

Nope.

I believe governments around the world may be in contact with advanced lifeforms which may or may not be from another planet lightyears away.

I'm just of the opinion that those governments release information in such a way as to divert attention away from the reality of the situation. Just enough so that it's probably 30% real and 70% imagination resulting in it being nothing more than a circular trail of breadcrumbs.

river_styx said:
Human_84 said:
river_styx said:

I'm guessing you are a non-believer in the contact phenomena?

Nope.

I believe governments around the world may be in contact with advanced lifeforms which may or may not be from another planet lightyears away.

I'm just of the opinion that those governments release information in such a way as to divert attention away from the reality of the situation. Just enough so that it's probably 30% real and 70% imagination resulting in it being nothing more than a circular trail of breadcrumbs.

Oh ok. I understand what you're saying now. But I wonder, why would a para-government bother creating circular trails of bread crumbs when they are no further ahead today than they were before they started this whole thing (if they started it).

Human_84 said:
But I wonder, why would a para-government bother creating circular trails of bread crumbs when they are no further ahead today than they were before they started this whole thing (if they started it).

Because they are going around and around in Time, thus spinning their wheels and getting nowhere.

The aliens are controlling this situation like a spider putting away an insect in a cocoon for later consumption.

Hmmm. I think I need to go write a script for the Sci Fi channel right now.

Didn't see any pics on the website mentioned.

The details about the Zeta Reticuli binary pair are completely inaccurate and impossible. For example the Eben planet is described as being ninetysix million miles from one star and ninetyone million miles from the other; not a bad trick, since the two stars are 800,000,000,000 miles apart (give or take a few milllion).

If someone is going to write such rubbish they should at least check some of the facts.

eburacum said:
The details about the Zeta Reticuli binary pair are completely inaccurate and impossible. For example the Eben planet is described as being ninetysix million miles from one star and ninetyone million miles from the other; not a bad trick, since the two stars are 800,000,000,000 miles apart (give or take a few milllion).

If someone is going to write such rubbish they should at least check some of the facts.

How on Eben would you know what stars they are mentioning?

Human_84 said:
How on Eben would you know what stars they are mentioning?

Well, helpfully, that information is given in the link.
The Eben planet is located within a solar system of the Zeta Recticular Star System [two 5th-magnitude yellow double stars, similar to our Sun located near the Large Magellanic Cloud]. The planet had two suns but their angles were small and allowed some darkness on the planet depending on one's location.

These are two real stars, and their details are quite well known. They are 9000 astronomical units apart; 9000 times as far apart as the Earth and our own Sun. If seen from the surface of a planet orbiting Zeta Reticuli I, the binary star ZetaII would appear to be no more than magnitude -8.89; for comparison the Sun is mag -26 and the Moon is mag -12.7

Here is an image I have made using Celestia of a sunset as seen from a planet orbiting ZetaI; in reality the main star would be so bright that it would wash out the further star, just as the Sun washes out the crescent moon when it is new.
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2457/zeta120ca.jpg

It's well written but as more information is "released", the more the inconsistencies stack up.

I mean is this a reasonable reply to a perfectly legitimate question???

LISTENER: One niggly question on the EBENs' non-use of clocks and the use of a tower to tell the position of the sun. Much of our avionics, electronics, and machinery involves timing pulses. How do the EBEs even fly a spaceship or helicopter-type craft without the use of some sort of clock?

VICTOR: What idiot wrote this?! One must think in different terms of science, not Earth-based but Serpo-based science. Ebens were thousands and thousands of years more advanced than us. They had different forms of navigation systems, which I will discuss in great detail later, probably 2006.

Seems awfully like the John Titor meme in that a similar "simple" utopia has very advanced technology.

Like Titor, it is a well written yarn though.

Traprain said:
It's well written but as more information is "released", the more the inconsistencies stack up.

I mean is this a reasonable reply to a perfectly legitimate question???

LISTENER: One niggly question on the EBENs' non-use of clocks and the use of a tower to tell the position of the sun. Much of our avionics, electronics, and machinery involves timing pulses. How do the EBEs even fly a spaceship or helicopter-type craft without the use of some sort of clock?

VICTOR: What idiot wrote this?! One must think in different terms of science, not Earth-based but Serpo-based science. Ebens were thousands and thousands of years more advanced than us. They had different forms of navigation systems, which I will discuss in great detail later, probably 2006.

Seems awfully like the John Titor meme in that a similar "simple" utopia has very advanced technology.

Like Titor, it is a well written yarn though.

The only part of the response which i consider to be unjustified would be the use of the word "idiot". He obviously shouldn't of used that term. For a second lets assume project Serpo is 100% real. To explain his reaction maybe we should look into the mind of someone who knows a great deal of information concerning the project. He saw the question, and from his point of view the question did not rationally follow what this man already knew. Therfor it could be deemed rediculous by him and hence the harsh response elicited.

Back