• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Putin Is Already Dead? Was He Ill?

uair01

Antediluvian
I have this from a Czech newspaper site that quotes British newspapers and intelligence sources. Couldn't find an existing thread.

Putin may have been dead for weeks, he may have a doppelganger, MI6 agents speculate

Russian President Vladimir Putin may be weeks or months dead, and a doppelgänger may be speaking for him in public. According to the media, sources from the British secret service MI6 speculate about this, according to which the Russians would probably have kept Putin's death a secret for a long time. It's another in a series of media speculations, others of which claim that Putin is seriously ill and being treated for cancer.

Putin's recent appearances were very likely pre-recorded, the Daily Mirror reported. It was speculated that the president's doppelgänger may have been at the Victory Day parade earlier this month.

There is a growing rumor that the Russian president's health has been deteriorating in recent months, his face looks bloated, and observers are asking whether the sixty-nine-year-old president can have leukemia, for example.

Senior MI6 chiefs say the Russian president was recently seriously ill, but that his eventual death would be concealed by the Kremlin.

"Putin is very ill, and when he dies, his death will be covered up for weeks, if not months," a secret service source told the server. "There is also the possibility that he is already dead," he added. At the same time, he pointed out that such information cannot be ascertained now.

Cancer or dementia?
Putin's health has been the subject of widespread speculation around the world and at home in recent weeks, with unproven rumors spreading that he could have Parkinson's disease, blood or thyroid cancer, or dementia. Some predict that the war will soon end.

In April, for example, footage of a meeting with Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu raised doubts about the health of the Russian head of state. Putin convulsively clutched the table during the negotiations and hunched unnaturally.

It has long been speculated that cancer is behind his deteriorating health. In addition, a recording obtained by the American magazine New Line has recently attracted attention. An unnamed Russian oligarch claims that "Putin is very sick with blood cancer."

The banned media outlet Project Meda, on the other hand, thinks it's thyroid cancer. It said that "Putin is now accompanied by a large team of doctors, including a surgeon specializing in exactly this type of cancer." However, the Kremlin has denied all claims.

In the past, Putin's long negotiating tables provoked derisive reactions, allowing him to maintain a distance of sometimes up to six meters from his partners during meetings. According to some, this proves that Putin can also suffer from psychological problems, anxiety or paranoia.

Source: https://www.idnes.cz/zpravy/zahrani...a-valka-invaze.A220529_145029_zahranicni_remy

I saw a link elsewhere to essentially the same story in The Sun "newspaper".

Given the way that the war has gone, I think the death of Putin would give the Russians a face-saving and credible reason for a ceasefire, followed by a timed withdrawal, and gradual return towards normalising international relations as far as possible.

Dictators hold power through engendering fear in their subordinates, and through playing their potential successors off against each other.

As soon as the dictator is gone, so is the fear of the dictator, and it is hard to imagine his potential successors working together to conceal his death.

I have little doubt that the man is physically ill, and — in our terms — probably mentally ill, but it is unlikely that his death has already occurred and been concealed for an extended period.

In 1989 American comedy movie, Weekend at Bernie’s, the people sat up the dead owner for all to see so they could use his ocean side condominium.

A dead Putin will be propped up in front of the TV camera with a little makeup and Russia will never know the difference !

According to granddaughter Drew Barrymore, Errol Flynn, W.C. Fields, and Sadakichi Hartmann propped up a dead John Barrymore when he died at their poker table and played poker.

If Putin is circling the plughole, he's only carrying on a Russian tradition of propping up their leaders when they're already half dead and on their way out. Brezhnev, Andropov, and Chernenko, where kept going, long after they were capable of functioning, Chernenko, was barely functioning (COPD and heart failure) when he was appointed.

I saw a link elsewhere to essentially the same story in The Sun "newspaper".

Dictators hold power through engendering fear in their subordinates, and through playing their potential successors off against each other.

As soon as the dictator is gone, so is the fear of the dictator, and it is hard to imagine his potential successors working together to conceal his death.

I have little doubt that the man is physically ill, and — in our terms — probably mentally ill, but it is unlikely that his death has already occurred and been concealed for an extended period.
I suspect that if he is dead, his inner circle are keeping it quiet until one of the can take over the job in a bloodless coup. Or perhaps he's being slowly poisoned....

If Putin is circling the plughole, he's only carrying on a Russian tradition of propping up their leaders when they're already half dead and on their way out. Brezhnev, Andropov, and Chernenko, where kept going, long after they were capable of functioning, Chernenko, was barely functioning (COPD and heart failure) when he was appointed.
I seem to remember an old joke about two Russian politicians talking and one said "I see Brezhnev has been appointed leader."
And the other one replied "Really? I didn't know he was ill."

Mi6 plant most of their stories in the Telegraph, some are obvious, but this seems a bit crude for them.

Putin looks fine and healthy to me...

26119f2ae64ba5284e88e876303d5ddc.jpg

Russian Foreign Minister denies Putin is ill. Maybe he's just pining for the fjords.

Ukraine war: Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov denies Putin illness​

By Patrick Jackson & Robert Greenall
BBC News

Published3 hours ago
Related Topics

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has denied speculation that President Vladimir Putin is ill.
In an interview with French TV, Mr Lavrov said the Russian leader appears in public every day, and no sane person would see any signs of an ailment.
There has been increasing unconfirmed media speculation that Mr Putin, who turns 70 this year, may be suffering from ill health, possibly cancer.
The interview came as Russia continues its advance in Ukraine's Donbas region.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61628473

I think we're currently seeing a lot of propaganda coming from both Russia and the west. I guess this is an example of the latter.

Not sure if it counts as propaganda, but the Kremlin closely guarding information about Putin’s health and whereabouts, its heavy use of pre-filmed reports and the dictator's obvious preference for ridiculously long conference tables to distance himself from other meeting attendees (with the exception of the obviously faked video of Putin with some air stewardesses) are probably what fuelled such rumours.

Former Director of Intelligence, James Clapper, claims his educated guess is something is going on with Putin’s health but that information would be guarded by Russia so we will never know.

This from today's Quora.
At least one of the "injured soldiers" greeted by Putin was one of his security guards masquerading in a medical gown:

kremlin.png

Read into this what you will, but it suggests strongly that the Kremlin doesn't trust genuinely wounded soldiers to be anywhere near the dictator who threw them into this catastrophic war.

There are new Twitter claims of Putin trickery:

They always film Putins head seperately and put it on the bodys shoulders later on. Clearly to see bad CGI.
Fascinating: They really film his head seperately and put it together later on like some bad CGI. - Why?
look at his neck - also his hair is a sharp line - they cut his head out and blended it on the mans shoulder

Apparently, when they film Putin, they film his head and body separately then put the high res image of his head on his lower res body. That’s why he looks like a bobblehead. Compare this image from a video to a photograph. Why they do this, I don’t know. They should stop.

Another Putin fake show. Those women are actresses. Those 2 are an example and but even the others have been identified. It is so revealing that with more than 80.000 killed Russian soldiers Putin couldn't find (or risk) to sit with a few widows. Pathetic to the core.

Thread here:

This from today's Quora.
At least one of the "injured soldiers" greeted by Putin was one of his security guards masquerading in a medical gown ...

The men circled in the two photos aren't the same man.

If the man circled in the hospital photo is the same as a man in the second photo, he's the one at the far left rather than the one circled.

Think if he was dead they would announce it reasonably quickly and
give that as a reason to cancel the special operation or whatever
they call it, get out and back to chugging around in super yachts.
I do think he's not a well chapie though.

If the man circled in the hospital photo is the same as a man in the second photo, he's the one at the far left rather than the one circled.
Agreed not the same man , not even close.

Think if he was dead they would announce it reasonably quickly and
give that as a reason to cancel the special operation or whatever
they call it, get out and back to chugging around in super yachts.
I do think he's not a well chapie though.
Putin is 70 and I can testify that no one who passes 70 can be considered totally "well". Looking closely at the pretty bad photo I would guess that he does some cosmetic work, but I don't know why anyone would bother photoshopping his head as the "new" body doesn't communicate anything other than a guy in a Russian business suit with shirt cuffs slightly too long. The fruit bowl is a nice touch - you'd never see this in US press footage.

On a tangent, it always surprises me that people with unlimited resources who depend to some extent on their appearance can present as badly as some of them do. Checklist for Putin is -hair -suit -watch and hire someone to show you how to sit up. Other oligarchs don't have this problem.

Don't forget though that even after his death in 1924, Lenins body was on display for decades.
It wouldn't be beyond the wit of medical science to keep Putin going, I'm sure, possibly even after he carked it.
They've done this all the way since the Revolution. When Brezhnev and Chernenko fell off the troika they didn't announce it for weeks, though the best example is probably Uncle Joe: if you haven't seen Iannucci's fabulous The Death Of Stalin I urge you to do so. It's painfully funny and also as accurate as they could make it.

Or maybe the man fourth from the left?

Or maybe the man fourth from the left?

... Or maybe someone else entirely. The one on the far left is the best match among the guys visible in the second photo. The point is that it pretty clearly isn't the one circled in the second photo, who's noticeably shorter than Putin. The guy circled in the hospital photo is approximately as tall as Putin.

... Or maybe someone else entirely. The one on the far left is the best match among the guys visible in the second photo. The point is that it pretty clearly isn't the one circled in the second photo, who's noticeably shorter than Putin. The guy circled in the hospital photo is approximately as tall as Putin.
And really, why? Does someone think that the Russians can't find two wounded soldiers to stand politely in front of Putin for a photo op? Easier to use whoever is there than to bother with a fake. If the claim is that Putin never actually leaves his dacha and all the photos of him on the move are fake, that would be a different claim and would make a great movie.

On something of a tangent, TV is always faking stuff. My elder son was a junior house officer on effectively a Covid ward during the first 6 months of the pandemic. One of the local TV stations came in one day to do some filming, and the Junior Medic was wondering whether anyone would notice that the lanky doctor in greens and a fetching headband at the rear of one shot was the same person as the patient, in hospital gown, laid out on a bed in a single room being studied by other doctors. (We suspect they picked him to play the patient as he is built like a sickly Victorian child, to quote his brother).

On something of a tangent, TV is always faking stuff. My elder son was a junior house officer on effectively a Covid ward during the first 6 months of the pandemic. One of the local TV stations came in one day to do some filming, and the Junior Medic was wondering whether anyone would notice that the lanky doctor in greens and a fetching headband at the rear of one shot was the same person as the patient, in hospital gown, laid out on a bed in a single room being studied by other doctors. (We suspect they picked him to play the patient as he is built like a sickly Victorian child, to quote his brother).
I ALSO have a 'sickly Victorian.' He's nearly six feet tall, weighs seven and a half stone and is as pale as a tombstone. But, apparently, in perfect health. If he could assume a consumptive cough, he could star in every Dickens adaptation for the next ten years.

I bounced the post from Quora, but the two circled men (as highlighted by the Quora poster and not me) do look remarkably similar.

Back