• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Putin Is Already Dead? Was He Ill?

I bounced the post from Quora, but the two circled men (as highlighted by the Quora poster and not me) do look remarkably similar.
Agreed. I'd say that the guy in the hospital is also shorter than Putin and that we don't know what Putin is standing on in the second photo- a kerb maybe? Not the best photos I agree, but I think they could easily be the same person.

This tweet feels like wishful thinking, but it fits here:

It looks like we enter historical moments of the collapse of Putin’s regime. Here are someindicators: 1. Putin’s health is deteriorating quickly. Leaving aside speculations, hard evidence is that only during past week PU cancelled several trips even within Russia, including 1/8
a highly important tank-producer UralVangonZavod in Nizhni Tagil. He also did not attend the launch of new Titanium producer Titan-Polimer plant in Pskov (North-Central Russia), which could give him extra points and good publicity he badly needs now after series of defeats 2/8
2. In his absence, race for power becomes obvious and – what is the worst – the government becomes ridiculous. Putin’s ‘avatar’ and ex-“president” Medvedev comes up with a new bizarre foreign policy programme envisaging imminent collpase of the West& U$D, rise of Asian 3/8
stock-markets, 19th century-style great power concert in Europe, partition of Ukraine. Overall, the dominant discourse of mysticism and esoteric delusions are pervasive in Russian imperial circles, with striking resemblance to what was happening in Hitler’s bunker in May 1945
or in Russian Tsar’s Palace of 1917. 3. In this situation, Russian Wagner-warlord Prigozhin escalates every day. Yesterday, Prigozhin attacked Commander of General Staff Gerasimov (Putin’s favourite general). Today, he sends his dispatches from frontline to call Medvedev and 5/8
his programme nothing else but ‘erotic fantasies’. 4. Russian army shows growing level of disobedience every day, including attacks of soldiers against commanders. No doubt the army is far from collapsing. It keeps defence lines and can even 6/8
imitate an offensive in the East (Bakhmut).But the signs of fragility are persistent with sometimes entire batalions leaving the front or Russian governors coming to Ukraine to demand rotation for the troops affiliated with specific regions. 7/8
One of traditionally separatist regions in Russia - Tatarstand - has recently refused to abolish the post of President. Something that indicates that regions are prepared to openly challenge the Federal centre and Putin's authority. Clock is ticking...8/8

I always got the impression he wanted to go out with a bang. And this is his last, long, drawn out...bang.
Incidentally, this is a real man we're talking about, so show some respect! :p

I accidentally wrote Mt machismo there and didn't want to correct it, would make a fab tourist attraction
My vote would be for Mt Maraschino:
cherry.png

The problem is that anything Putin related comes to us via western media and politicians, face ache, etc, so what the actual truth is, we'll never know for sure because the west lies just as much as the east.

The problem is that anything Putin related comes to us via western media and politicians, face ache, etc, so what the actual truth is, we'll never know for sure because the west lies just as much as the east.
True enough, but it's been a long time since the UK invaded another country just because we wanted to own it. We did used to do that though, there's no getting away from that. It's a shame Putin can't or doesn't want to learn from our mistakes.

True enough, but it's been a long time since the UK invaded another country just because we wanted to own it. We did used to do that though, there's no getting away from that. It's a shame Putin can't or doesn't want to learn from our mistakes.
I think the days of one country invading another simply to own it are long gone. It's usually a culmination of events most of which we never really hear about in an objective manner. Each side pushes it's own narrative and uses it's own media to put spin on it. Politicians are no better. They either just lie or justify themselves with a convoluted half truths designed to confuse.

Or his own...

But the less said about politics, the better. The Mods are going to intervene soon...

origin-3.jpg
37e54348cb1bd22844cc9dc074c2a24f-2.jpg
e27c6e0ad11fe1cf98a2a635b587a48e.jpg
29b9c43055babfa451ff87512220e344-4.jpg

On a slight tangent, The Guardian re-Tweets a report that the leader of the ultra-extreme Wagner Group Yevgeny Prigozhin may have become Russia's de facto leader.

"Russian commentators are beginning to joke that the name of the real Russian president starts with P and ends with N, but ain’t Putin. Prigozhin is certainly all over the state media, castigating governors and generals...."

Replacing a lunatic with a schopath a interesting move.

:omr:

On a slight tangent, The Guardian re-Tweets a report that the leader of the ultra-extreme Wagner Group Yevgeny Prigozhin may have become Russia's de facto leader.

"Russian commentators are beginning to joke that the name of the real Russian president starts with P and ends with N, but ain’t Putin. Prigozhin is certainly all over the state media, castigating governors and generals...."

Meet the new boss, even worse than the old boss.

One thing that strikes me having lived through the Cold War and the Cuba crisis is how much information is coming out of Russia the iron curtain is not as tightly closed these days although how much of it is orchestrated who knows

There’s all sorts of speculation about Putin & how unwell he is - he uses doubles, he looks puffy, he’s on steroids, his leg twitches when he’s sitting etc. Now a heart attack.

I don’t generally wish misfortune on people but in Vlad’s case I’m reconsidering.

I note his calendar for 2024 features no current photos - they’re all apparently a few years old.

More news about this. Translated from here:
https://www.irozhlas.cz/zpravy-svet...NV*MTcwMDU5OTAwMC4xLjEuMTcwMDU5OTAyMC4wLjAuMA..

'Something strange is happening' It looks as if the Kremlin is already rehearsing Putin's funeral, political analysts say
Something strange is going on in the Kremlin, according to Swedish Russia expert Anders Åslund. It is often speculated that Vladimir Putin has cancer, Parkinson's disease or is suffering from a steroid addiction that he developed because of his obsession with bodybuilding. But not much is known about how he is really living - or if he is even still alive - writes American political analyst Jason Jay Smart for the Ukrainian news server Kyiv Post.

The Kremlin denies that Putin has died, but there are growing signs that a political change is afoot in Moscow. Åslund believes the Kremlin is using a presidential double because "too many strange things have emerged that are not typical of Putin."

According to the expert, Putin lives "in complete isolation, probably because of his lowered immunity, while his double walks among the people and pats them on the back, which the real Putin would never do." Rumours emerged on the Russian platform Telegram that Putin had suffered a cardiac arrest and died. This was also claimed by former FSB member Valery Solovyev, who also gave the exact time and place of Putin's death.

At the time these rumours emerged, Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, who likes to record videos of himself, was conspicuously silent. His 15-year-old son, Adam, has been named commander-in-chief of his security service, which some observers believe means he may be poised to take over the leadership of Chechnya.

Putin's successor
Nikolai Patrushev, Secretary of the Security Council, is often mentioned as a possible successor to Putin, but he does not get along with Kadyrov. If Patrushev comes to power, he will eliminate all his rivals, including Kadyrov, US Kremlin expert Mark Katz points out.

Rumours of Putin's death were reinforced by Patrushev's public eulogy of Putin a few days ago, according to the Belarusian opposition Charter 97. He said the Russian president was "tired of the violence-filled 1990s, when society was waiting for solutions to socio-economic problems and strengthening national security, and Russia needed a leader who would focus on the welfare of the people."

"Such a leader was Putin, who knew in detail the situation in the country and had a clear programme of action and vision of the goal. He also understood the importance of an evolutionary approach and rejected revolutionary leaps that would always weaken the Russian state. He believed in the people," Patrushev praised Putin.

Rehearsal in the Kremlin
Åslund admits that "the Kremlin is very isolated today, so we know much less than we used to". But he believes that Patrushev's speech about Putin in the past tense and his black suit are, like Professor Soloviev's remarks, a kind of rehearsal. "It looks as if the Kremlin is preparing Russia for Putin's death," the expert muses.

In addition, Patrushev read a statement a few days ago assigning blame for Russia's war against Ukraine to the United States, and made no mention of the so-called "Ukrainian Nazis" or justification for the invasion.

He literally said, "There is no war between the people of Ukraine and the people of Russia, there is only open aggression by the United States. That is why Russia must defend its land and people. (...) No one benefits from the conflict in Ukraine except the United States."

Patrushev's monologue was probably not a conciliatory message to Ukraine and an expression of a desire to reconcile with it. Indeed, Patrushev also said last week that the war in Ukraine only makes the use of nuclear weapons more likely.

Neither Katz nor Åslund thinks Putin is dead. But Katz thinks that when it happens, we will know it by the open struggle between Putin's top minions vying for power, concludes American political analyst Jason Jay Smart.

Back