• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ridiculous Accidents

Yep. tried it all ways. I have to have it SO tight around my waist to stop the bouncing that I can barely breathe, or tuck it into my running leggings, which looks bloody ridiculous and then there's a draught around my nethers. How do people do it?

I do actually have one non-underwire running bra, but, again, the band has to be so tight to stop 'bounce' that it restricts my breathing....

I can only conclude that I am built very oddly and that everyone else is normal and therefore has no problem.
Do you know about the Boobuddy? It battens them down from above and is not too expensive so might be worth a try?

https://theboobuddy.com/collections/boobuddy

Yep. tried it all ways. I have to have it SO tight around my waist to stop the bouncing that I can barely breathe, or tuck it into my running leggings, which looks bloody ridiculous and then there's a draught around my nethers. How do people do it?

I do actually have one non-underwire running bra, but, again, the band has to be so tight to stop 'bounce' that it restricts my breathing....
Cold shower for me now.

Attachments

• KW.jpg
    KW.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 4
How do people do it?
I have it on good authority from a friend that there are special running tops available which (for women) reduce the jiggling and also have multiple pockets, across the lower back (for things like water-bottles), in the usual places for pockets around the front, and also on the upper arms which are ideal for phones. Also (apparently) available with a clear window so you can use the phone on the move.

Thanks for the running kit advice, chaps! The January sales are calling me... I haven't invested in anything much more than basic gear up until now but I'm beginning to see the sense in spending a bit more to get practical gear.

My rib still hurts. In fact, after doing extensive housework yesterday (yes, yes, I know, and I am ashamed of myself...) it's twinging a bit...

To play the devil's advocate, underwire bra's have, at least a couple of times, deflected bullets from memory but I can't be bothered to find links to that ..

Flippin' heck, how big are the wires!?

To deflect bullets, I guess they'd have to have a certain springy quality - hardened, but not brittle.

On a factual note:

EdwinHallPrayerBook-A.jpg

"The book was in the pocket of Pvt. Edwin C. Hall of the 10th Vermont Vol. Inf. when it was struck by a Confederate "minnie ball" at the battle of Sailor's Creek on April 6, 1865, certainly preventing Hall's death. The testament clearly shows the impact of the bullet which is still solidly imbedded in it. Measuring about 3" by 4" this "Book of Common Prayer" was printed in 1850 and is typical of those carried by tens of thousands of soldiers. Inside the front cover can be seen the ink inscription "Edwin Hall/1860."

The bullet strike bent and dislodged the cover and over the years the back cover has become loose as well, but the book is essentially complete and the end of the projectile, now a light, dusty gray, is easily seen through the jagged hole that it made. The object is accompanied by the August 13, 1897 Boston Weekly newspaper in which it was wrapped more than a century ago.

Also with the bible is a wonderful letter from Pvt. Hall dated April 1, 1898 forwarding the book to a Cincinnati gentleman which reads in part "This prayer-book saved my life by stopping/a musket ball at Sailor's Creek. I hope/ you may use it in your museum. I have always put my trust in the Lord, and/he has done work always come through/for me...Edwin Hall late 5th Vermont Inf." "

https://www.civilwarfamily.us/2013/07/incredible-bullet-struck-bible-from-sailors-creek-.html

maximus otter

Last edited by a moderator:
Back