• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Things That Are NOT UFOs

If I zoom in on DSCN1661B.jpg I can see some sort of cowling on the chimmney, at exactly the same spot as the light flare. In DSCN1655B.jpg it seems to have a different shape. Something that turns in the wind?

I really like the MFO (Mystery Floating Object). Obviously the RN has got fed up of sailing far out to sea to test its secret submersibles. Unless it's a slightly rubbish stealth craft, then again no one else seems to have noticed it! :spinning

special_farces said:
I really like the MFO (Mystery Floating Object). Obviously the RN has got fed up of sailing far out to sea to test its secret submersibles. Unless it's a slightly rubbish stealth craft, then again no one else seems to have noticed it! :spinning
Clearly the RN burned down the Falmouth Beach Hotel to distract attention from what they were up to out in the bay! :twisted:

rynner2 said:
special_farces said:
Clearly the RN burned down the Falmouth Beach Hotel to distract attention from what they were up to out in the bay! :twisted:

Why did you post that? Now we'll all be disappeared. :shock:

ramonmercado said:
Why did you post that? Now we'll all be disappeared. :shock:
Wasn't 007 a navy chap? The forums' dooomed (esp. the attractive female members).

"Hang on a minute Bond....is that a USO you're piloting there?"

Lotus_Esprit_S1_Submarine_Thum.jpg

Yesterday I noticed a new wind turbine being erected near Connor Downs, but grabbing a pic from the bus was not possible.

Today I noticed it was also visible from the new bridge at Hayle, although much further away.

I decided to try for a photo, at maximum zoom, which explains why I didn't see the objects in the sky when I pressed the shutter release button...

...but the outcome was rather pleasing, even if it wasn't ET come calling...!

FT_DSCN2335.jpg

It won't win any prizes for wildlife photography, but I like it because it was unexpected. 8)

oldrover said:
Fair play, nice shot there.
It made me think, though. Where were the going? In the pic they're heading almost towards me, but I never noticed them, even when they should have been closer. (If they were heading for the harbour itself they'd have gone almost overhead.)

My best guess is they went to the Mill Ponds in Hayle, south of my position.

Or it could be another of those Zorgian invasion fleets disguising themselves as birds again :?

trevp66 said:
Or it could be another of those Zorgian invasion fleets disguising themselves as birds again :?

When the alien invasion fleet dsiguise themselves as Chinese fire lanterns we really are screwed.

Usually, unlikely intrusions into a photo prove to be random natural phenomena, captured by accident. But sometimes these intrusions are the result of deliberate actions of external intelligence...

Here's another from my series "Things I didn't see when I clicked the shutter": an ordinary pic of a workman going about his business on a construction site (yes, it is in Hayle, how did you know?):

DSCN2494.jpg

But what's that, lurking in the background?

DSCN2494b.jpg

I've been flashed! :shock:

An alien, you can tell that straight away because its brain is on the outside of its head.

The most remarkable thing about that pic though is the fact that there is a workman actually doing some work!

Did anybody ever come to any conclusions about what was in the sea in that photo of the burnt out falmouth hotel?

trevp66 said:
The most remarkable thing about that pic though is the fact that there is a workman actually doing some work!

He's probably Polish.

Snapped today from near Redruth railway station: is that a UFO decloaking in the middle distance, or is the chimney puffing out ectoplasm?!

Ectopl_DSCN2636.jpg

Sadly, it's neither!

The shot was taken from the top deck of a 41 bus, and the window was somewhat grubby!

But people who know Cornwall and its buses will spot another mystery there, because the 41 doesn't normally have a top deck. The route uses single-deckers because of a couple of low railway bridges in Falmouth.

I caught the bus in Falmouth, shortly after it should have gone under these bridges, so I asked the driver why we had a double-decker. But he was not one of the talkative ones, said "I dunno", and looked at me as if I was an idiot!

My guess is that a single-decker had broken down somewhere, and as there would be no more low bridges until the bus returned from Camborne and Troon they used the big bus as a stop-gap.

Still, it gave me the chance to see a familiar route from a higher level, so I grabbed a few photos along the way. 8)

And here are a couple of posts I made the last time a double-decker tried to get under one of those low bridges:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... 47#1084747

Dam' UFOs are everywhere...

IMG_2341.jpg

(This one's up above Redruth, Cornwall.)

I took this pic of the new bridge at Hayle from the top deck of a moving bus:

Bridge_DSCN2818.jpg

(The bridge is not open yet, except for the footpath on the far side. The lamp-posts at either end only went in yesterday, and the roadway still has to be connected to the main road.)

But the white dots on the far right of the pic prove to be interesting - could this be three shots from a ray gun?! :shock:

Swans_DSCN2818.jpg

Probably not! I seem to have caught my old friends again, the flying swans. (I say swans rather than gulls, because gulls don't fly in formation this way.) And again, I didn't notice them at the time!

rynner2 said:
I took this pic of the new bridge at Hayle from the top deck of a moving bus:

Bridge_DSCN2818.jpg

(The bridge is not open yet, except for the footpath on the far side. The lamp-posts at either end only went in yesterday, and the roadway still has to be connected to the main road.)

But the white dots on the far right of the pic prove to be interesting - could this be three shots from a ray gun?! :shock:

Swans_DSCN2818.jpg

Probably not! I seem to have caught my old friends again, the flying swans. (I say swans rather than gulls, because gulls don't fly in formation this way.) And again, I didn't notice them at the time!

Look like reflections in the window of something in the bus to me - possibly the handrail above a seat?

Yes - that's what it looks like to me too.

Synchronous said:
Look like reflections in the window of something in the bus to me - possibly the handrail above a seat?
Good idea, but I think the scale is wrong.

In the top RH corner of the main pic you can see a reflection of the view to the right/ahead of the bus (I was seated on the left), but the white spots are tiny by comparison. Also, I was sitting at the front of the bus, so there were no other seats ahead of me. Just possibly it might be a case of complex multiple reflections, but for now I think I'll stick with swans!

Remember, it was a moving bus, with not very clean windows, so the picture quality is far from perfect.

Beware of any UFO photgraphed through glass!

The scale does seem wrong for it to be anything in the bus but the parallel lines seem like rails . . .

Looking at it again, the scale of the lines themselves is not so small. A curious way the sunlight has caught a metal trim on a window? :?:

edit: Some changes to reflect a second look.

JamesWhitehead said:
The scale does seem wrong for it to be anything in the bus but the parallel lines seem like rails. A puzzler! :)
A bit of camera shake, swans in echelon formation, blurry window...

I rest my case! 8)

Yes, but I was busy rewriting, ryn! :)

I think it's the bottom of the opposite window whose contents we see in the sky.

Back