• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
But it might offend if your sister was one of the victims, and you found out her murder was being used for entertainment.

lf serial killers - real or fictional - didn’t feature on UK telly, it would consist of the morning news & weather, followed by the Queen and then the white dot vanishing.

maximus otter

Re Maudsley.

Given the amount of extremely violent, troublesome and uncooperative prisoners in the British penal system who do not appear to be sealed up in subterranean glass boxes (if, indeed, that’s even what’s happening here), and the fact that their behaviour might just as easily be subject to the supposed institutional vindictiveness involved, it stands to reason that there has to be a particular reason why not for them, but for Maudsley – and one which goes beyond hackneyed movie clichés of cruel prison governors, psychopathic screws and a brutal bureaucracy. I am uneasy with the Shawshanking of Maudsley’s situation – I have no problem asking the question why this happening, but without the rhetorical inflection.

I suspect among all the questions that the authorities have to ask in a case like this there is a particular one which absolutely requires as definitive an answer as possible:

Whether he is targeting paedophiles/ sex offenders because:

a) He has a genuine and very specifically focused hatred of paedophiles.

or

b) He is using the commonly held hatred of paedophiles to legitimise a propensity for extreme violence against others.

If the latter - and I suspect this is a very common factor - then it does not matter how repulsive we may feel his actual victims are, their attacker is a danger to everyone around him.

(Bear in mind John Bunting - leader of the gang of killers responsible for the infamous Snowtown killings. He too was allegedly abused as a child, went on to kill using the alleged paedophilia of the victims to justify those killings, but expanded the definition to excuse targeting, torturing and murdering anyone he did not much like, and for the pettiest of reasons.)

I entirely understand – and totally sympathise with - the fact that we treat crimes against children as having a particular abhorrence which sets them aside from other forms of criminality. However, in terms of the pain and misery that they have inflicted on their victims many of those who target paedophiles in prison are not separated from them by the vast chasm that they obviously feel marks them apart, but by barely a couple of rungs on the ladder.

If you feel this is wrong, then try the following thought experiment:

Imagine you are talking to a young woman who has been trafficked across two continents in a shipping container, repeatedly raped in the process and then delivered into a life of prostitution; or a young man with machete scars who has witnessed his family hacked to death during a genocide; or the family of a young man walking home from the shops who has been stabbed a dozen times for looking at a complete stranger in the wrong way; or for someone whose parents been killed after being driven into by a man wielding a butcher’s knife and wearing a bomb vest.

Now imagine telling them that their attackers are morally superior to anyone.

No, I really won’t lose much sleep over the death of men who have been violent and abusive towards children – but I will over the moral elevation of those who target them, or at the over-enthusiastic turning of blind eyes to the subverting of the legal process.

Last edited:
No, I really won’t lose much sleep over the death of men who have been violent and abusive towards children – but I will over the moral elevation of those who target them, or at the over-enthusiastic turning of blind eyes to the subverting of the legal process.

Yup, that's vigilantism, not justice. Very dangerous to the rule of law.

GNC - the wry smile is because it is utterly tasteless and not something that I condone.

I wonder why this property has not sold yet, even though it was listed last year? Looks pleasant enough, but...

gacy.jpg

Take a look here, it's rather nice: https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...ale-Ave_Chicago_IL_60656_M75594-88917#photo17

Though perhaps this is why it's not sold just yet:

Property where John Wayne Gacy killed most of his victims is on the market
Of Gacy’s 33 victims, 29 bodies were found buried in his home, which has since been torn down. The house built in its place is now for sale.
The house built on the land where John Wayne Gacy’s home once sat, and where the serial killer murdered and buried most of his victims, is on the market.

Located just east of O’Hare Airport, the three-bed, two-bathroom house is priced at $459,000. It was built after Gacy’s brick ranch was torn down in 1979 as investigators searched for bodies. In 1986, once the new home was built, its address changed from 8213 W. Summerdale Ave. to 8215, in unincorporated Norwood Park Township.

The last time the 2,500 square-foot home was sold was in 2004 for $300,000.

Within hours of Gacy’s arrest in December of 1978, investigators began to find bodies buried in his crawlspace.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/10/15/20915989/john-wayne-gacy-property-for-sale

I wonder why this property has not sold yet, even though it was listed last year? Looks pleasant enough, but...

View attachment 29786

Take a look here, it's rather nice: https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...ale-Ave_Chicago_IL_60656_M75594-88917#photo17

Though perhaps this is why it's not sold just yet:

Property where John Wayne Gacy killed most of his victims is on the market
Of Gacy’s 33 victims, 29 bodies were found buried in his home, which has since been torn down. The house built in its place is now for sale.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/10/15/20915989/john-wayne-gacy-property-for-sale
If I lived there and had the money I'd buy it! :rolleyes:

Fancy someone building a house on the land, it seems a bit tasteless? A garden in memory of all those people might have been nicer. But $$ I suppose :(

I don't know if anyone's watched 'Des' yet (the three part series about the arrest and trial of Dennis Nilsen) - it's on the ITV player. David Tennant is astoundingly convincing (as usual) at playing such a deranged character. And Daniel Mays and Jason Watkins are also excellent. It's ghastly subject matter of course. But handled in the least sensational way possible.

I don't know if anyone's watched 'Des' yet (the three part series about the arrest and trial of Dennis Nilsen) - it's on the ITV player. David Tennant is astoundingly convincing (as usual) at playing such a deranged character. And Daniel Mays and Jason Watkins are also excellent. It's ghastly subject matter of course. But handled in the least sensational way possible.
I binge watched all 3 on Wednesday night and thought it was excellent!

I want to get the book now.

The FBI has released the portraits a serial killer drew of his victims in the hope that they can be identified.
Samuel Little, 78, confessed to killing 90 people over three decades last year, while already serving three life sentences for murder. ...

The remains of one of Samuel Little's probable victims have now been identified. It's unclear whether Little's portraits played a role in getting closure on the case.
Remains of woman found in 1981 identified as victim of serial killer Samuel Little

A cold case in Georgia has been solved.

The remains of a woman found in Dade County almost 40 years ago have finally been identified. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says her name was Patricia Parker, and GBI investigators believe she was the victim of serial killer Samuel Little.

In 2018, Little told the Texas Rangers that he murdered a young Black woman in Chattanooga, Tennessee, in the early 1980s, the GBI said in a press release.

Investigators from Georgia and Tennessee, according to the GBI statement, met with Little and gathered "more details that led them to believe the remains found in Dade County were the woman Little had taken in Chattanooga and killed in Georgia."

Last year, the GBI unveiled a forensic reconstruction of the woman's skull and asked for the public's help in identifying her. A family came forward, the GBI added, and DNA samples obtained from them positively identified Parker, who was 30 years old at the time of her death.

Little has confessed to killing five women in the Georgia-Tennessee area, including Parker, according to the FBI. And he has confessed to strangling 93 victims between 1970 and 2005, CNN has reported. ...

SOURCE: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/10/us/samuel-little-victim-identified-trnd/index.html

Brazilian prisoner has killed up to 48 inmates in his 25 years behind bars

Marcos Paulo da Silva, 42, was first put in prison when he was 18-years-old for stealing, but soon emerged as a vicious killer who has been known to decapitate and disembowel his victims

Da Silva will likely die behind bars after racking up multiple convictions and sentences totalling 217 years - although he has yet to be tried for many of his alleged crimes.

He has been described as the leader of a gang of assassins created with the mission of murdering members of the PCC, one of Brazil’s leading gangs formed by inmates as a self-protection group in the country’s brutal prison system.

1603800167721.png

Marcos Paulo da Silva, 42, was first put in prison when he was 18-years-old for stealing, but soon emerged as a vicious killer who has been known to decapitate and disembowel his victims
The article states that psychologists believe that he is not mentally ill, but has a severe personality disorder! What? He beheads and disembowels people! I know a few people who have diagnosed personality disorders and they wouldn’t do this.

The article states that psychologists believe that he is not mentally ill, but has a severe personality disorder! What? He beheads and disembowels people! I know a few people who have diagnosed personality disorders and they wouldn’t do this.
People with personality disorders aren't all the same.

He seems to have picked up a few scratches.

Self-inflicted.

People with personality disorders aren't all the same.

Self-inflicted.
Actually, I was trying to express my surprise that he is not considered mentally ill. And to comment exactly what you said about people with personality disorder diagnoses being all different. I think very few people would go to the extremes that he apparently has.

Actually, I was trying to express my surprise that he is not considered mentally ill. And to comment exactly what you said about people with personality disorder diagnoses being all different. I think very few people would go to the extremes that he apparently has.

People with the most severe personality disorder diagnoses are probably mostly locked up so any you'd meet in your everyday life would be the more mildly affected ones.

Just a point people who have personality disorders are not all dangerous or killers. They struggle to relate to the rest of us through no fault of their own. It can be awful and a sad way to live.

It can also make people very successful.

People with certain Personality Disorders are not removed from reality the way psychosis removes someone from reality. Personality disorders understand their behavior is different from the rest of us whereas psychotic people don't. A very crude example would be:

A psychotic person may kill someone as god told them to do it.

A person with a severe anti-social personality disorder may kill someone as they were pissed off at their victim, killing the victim may result in a financial reward, they enjoyed the feeling. Or quite common they wanted to "see what it was like to kill someone".

Personality disorders are quite broad so yes the people you know won't be chopping people up and won't be a version of cinema "psychopaths". but some people with a certain personality disorder do really bad stuff.

Does this guy have a severe antisocial personality disorder - I'd say so.

But in his world, his behavior is acceptable as he is an enforcer for his family, clan, cartel, etc. His OTT methods are there to send a message to his rivals.

Last edited:
Ed Gein's hairy keyring

I've just been watching this video linked below, it's a tour of someone's museum of macabre artefacts. As well as owning a large amount of John Wayne Gacy's paintings, this guy owns a keyring that was once owned by Gein with a long tuft of hair attached and a piece of skull attaching it to the chain. Is it Gein's mother's hair or remains of one of his victims? .. or neither?

Skip to 41:05 for the Ed Gein part of the tour ..

Details on the Graveface Museum

https://theinkwellonline.com/2020/10/19/graveface-museum-gets-creepy-all-year/

Last edited:
Ed Gein's hairy keyring

I've just been watching this video linked below, it's a tour of someone's museum of macabre artefacts. As well as owning a large amount of John Wayne Gacy's paintings, this guy owns a keyring that was once owned by Gein with a long tuft of hair attached and a piece of skull attaching it to the chain. Is it Gein's mother's hair or remains of one of his victims? .. or neither?

Skip to 38:35 for the Ed Gein part of the tour ..

Erm, I think I’ll pass thanks!

Back