• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Shape-Shifters: Members Who've Changed Names / IDs

:rofl:

Ah, paragon's of virtue are so hard to find... seems the internet makes 'quite nice chaps' assholes... as we've all seen before

OK, Who would actually like to be a Mod, eg, getting pm's from people saying"so and so's being nasty", "he's edited his posts now so you can't see what he originally said", trying to find a middle way without upsetting all, trying to find the right point of balence. All for no pay?.So hands up?.

Hugo Cornwall said:
seems the internet makes 'quite nice chaps' assholes...

Don't keep us in suspense! What does the internet make quite nice chaps' assholes?

Sweaty?

;)

I'll have you know i'm an asshole in real life...

Of course being a mod isn't all sunshine and roses. For the most part our mods are great and mean well by people, however I am incredibly uncomfortable with the idea that we, as regular members, should not be allowed to question, criticise or argue a mods behaviour or decision. On the thread asking about the "Legion" admin, people were getting confused as to it's powers and uses, and members made comments about how they should stop questioning the mods. Surely on a board that holds Charles Fort as a guiding light so to speak, it would be odd if members didn't question everything, even the figures of authority. Just as it's a fact of life that a mod is going to have to move threads, rebuke rudeness and generally keep the place running smoothly, doesn't being questioned on all fronts just come with the territory? As long as it's done politely of course.

Although saying all that, I know that everyone has a right to suggest that we don't question the mods decisions and that's great as long as others have a right to ignore them and find out what they need to know as well.

I can't think of an instance were a criticism or enquiry has been shrugged aside or punished - strikes me as being an accountable system.

I recall the Mods team outlining Legion and its functions when the question was originally raised - seems there is not much to know.

Throw said:
Identifies them to you, or the board?

Well they couldn't be identified to the board could they. I mean if they were then person concerned would be seen to be talking to themselves wouldn't they. I mean, I know we're supposed to question everything - but answering your own queries? Too odd even for here.

Cider said:
On the thread asking about the "Legion" admin, people were getting confused as to it's powers and uses, and members made comments about how they should stop questioning the mods. Surely on a board that holds Charles Fort as a guiding light so to speak, it would be odd if members didn't question everything, even the figures of authority. Just as it's a fact of life that a mod is going to have to move threads, rebuke rudeness and generally keep the place running smoothly, doesn't being questioned on all fronts just come with the territory? As long as it's done politely of course.

Although saying all that, I know that everyone has a right to suggest that we don't question the mods decisions and that's great as long as others have a right to ignore them and find out what they need to know as well.

Of course on that thread when I did explain in detail the situation it was greeted with comments like "I think he doth protest too much" and numerous variations of "I believe you but......". Clearly people are allowed to query mod's decisions or ask for clarification (as a lot of what people seem to belive is based on misunderstandings, Chinese Whispers, etc. and so we'd much rather clear things up) but it s always nice to actually be believed when we do so ;)

Mods, feel free to move this to a more appropos thread, but I would like to ask, when folks are temporarily banned, are they not told how long they will be banned? Is it just an open-ended sentence, depends on the mood of the mod in charge at the moment, or what?

Fallen Angel said:
Mods, feel free to move this to a more appropos thread, but I would like to ask, when folks are temporarily banned, are they not told how long they will be banned? Is it just an open-ended sentence, depends on the mood of the mod in charge at the moment, or what?
Have responded

I used to be a different user. No, you have to guess! Perhaps you'll need some clues.......

Yes, I am so very sad. But it's Winter (virtually) and therefore time for some nice hot spiced cider by an open fire, with the smell of wood burning in the air and the wind howling around the building.

My favourite mulled cider is Monks Delight from the Biddenden vineyard, but there's a farm in Faversham that does some very nice stuff, not so sweet.

It depends- if I'm in trouble then yes, if I'm getting a present, then no.:D

Did Wintermute morph into a new form or just wander away?

Wandered, I think. Ditto Wintermoon (though the latter did come back briefly as Angelwings) - hope they're both well.

I used to be "example" but Emperor has changed my screenname to "toe" at my request. "Example" was a horrible registration oops on my part and I am glad to finally be rid of that crap name! Thank you Emperor ~ it's great to be toe. :D

toe said:
I used to be "example" but Emperor has changed my screenname to "toe" at my request. "Example" was a horrible registration oops on my part and I am glad to finally be rid of that crap name! Thank you Emperor ~ it's great to be toe. :D

So we've finally found the Theory Of Everything. ;)

Is Anthrochick a re-incarnation or puppet of Androman? Or am i getting paranoid? :sceptic: :D

The Yithian said:
Is Anthrochick a re-incarnation or puppet of Androman? Or am i getting paranoid? :sceptic: :D

This is the quitters and shapeshifters thread not the vague speculation thread. :p

I'd suggest that you are just paranoid unless you have any good evidence that I don't ;)

Emperor said:
This is the quitters and shapeshifters thread not the vague speculation thread. :p

Fair comment. :oops:

I wouldn't put it past 'im though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sock puppets - Weapons of Board Destruction!

What annoys me is, my sock puppet posts far more than I do! :evil:

Ok ive looked through profile settings and cant see how to change my username? Could someone help?

Thanks in advance. :)

sjoh9 said:
Ok ive looked through profile settings and cant see how to change my username? Could someone help?

Thanks in advance. :)

I think that's a mod only function - PM one: Stu and Emps are around most frequently, although i spot Quixote is online now - Quick!

Ok sjoh9 has been deleted.Sut says hello.

Oh and thanks. :)

quixote suggested i post here to let you guys know i changed my username.nothing sinister,just complete stupidity on my part when registering :oops:
jacuithebook has become(wait for it!) nanny ogg :lol:

bless those mods-guiding the hands of us complete novices.

Ahem. Marslight here, announcing the dumping of the "42" from the user name. And if the other 41 Marslights don't like it, tough tortillas, guys.

Thanx Emps.

Back