• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
If only this person's alternate screenplay for The Force Awakens had been made instead ..

yeah, 7-9 had certain good ideas... but... overall the end result wasn't great.
I know .. "Let's all make Luke a grumpy twat these days, stick him on a rock island surrounded by puffins, show him wanking off a space cow for blue milk then when someone turns up asking him to train them up like he did with Yoda? .. let's have him toss his old light sabre into the sea instead. Then, by the power of Disney, he suddenly gives a shit again all of a sudden and uses the force to single handily halt the entire Empire."

'Here is Mark Hamill in his Luke Skywalker farmboy costume on the early morning of March 22, 1976. The very first day of filming on the first Star Wars film.
Matter of fact, since this photo of Mark was taken just before the first scene of the day had been shot, this could arguably be considered as the very first "behind the scenes" Star Wars photo ever taken.
Mark once commented on this photo on his Twitter page: "Taken in Tunisia early morning day #1 waiting for my first shot (emerging from my home for robot auction) - Perhaps the very 1st".'
May be an image of 3 people

If you have Disney Plus, the new series “ Ahsoka “ has started.

The first two episodes were OK, but I feel like the pace of the story is a little “ wonky “.

In my opinion the story writers have borrowed from other Sci-Fi movies such as the Fifth Element, Dune with ancient witches, and any movie that has a Stonehenge setting.

I found the first couple of episodes of Ahsoka to be fun enough in style, but the dialogue seemed bland and the whole thing felt soulless. I loved Rebels and was hopeful this would feel like a continuation with those characters, but i can't say i felt the characters were the same. Or even that they were actual characters.

'It was a nightmare trying to keep the plot to The Empire Strikes Back a secret. Even the cast were under fire for dropping a few leaks. Lucasfilm had decided to keep tabs on the cast and at one point the report read "Harrison Ford, one leak; Carrie Fisher, one leak; David Prowse, nine leaks!" Prowse was notorious for leaking a bit of information about the film. "He doesn't mean to" said Hamill " He just has this real child-like quality to please." In the end they gave Prowse dummy scripts with lines that would ultimately be different in the movie.'
May be a black-and-white image of 2 people, costume and text

Ahsoka was good but Ezra didnt get the slap he deserves

And its not a story...merely an introduction.

Some stunning visuals, though, and more lightsabre duels than you could shake the Sword of Talzin at.

Some stunning visuals, though, and more lightsabre duels than you could shake the Sword of Talzin at.
Heh, to paraphrase something Disparu commented on youtube: Ahsoka is just along for the ride watching the plot happen... she feels more like a spectator than a hero.

And... why make Sabine... a person who until now has been said repeatedly to lack the ability to use the Force... into a Jedi padawan? And then have her completely fail... until she suddenly gets it in a fight... and then uses it like a master?

An internet article claimed that when Grand Admiral Thrawn came into the story, the number of viewers went up considerably.

I guess everyone wants a mean villain !

Yeah, I enjoyed it, but when the series ended I was left thinking, "Well what was the point of all that? Ahsoka achieved nothing."

Just had a sudden thought;

SW has elements of everything, but very little Romance.

Just had a sudden thought;

SW has elements of everything, but very little Romance.
We can count the Han being freeze dried moment in Empire with the princess telling him she loves him just before he got dunked? .. then going back to rescue him from Jabba's palace with the old team in Jedi ..

Thats about the closest!

And he says "I Know".

Which is just Han, Han not being a romantic.

It is just Han, but in context it's sexy and provocative!

FB_IMG_1698837960173.jpg

Back