• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
He only had a few lines, and they were all delivered in that same sing-songy voice. Non-entity at best.

(Of course, if this was a genuine Star wars fan board, such sentiment would be enough to have me taken out back and shot.)

I suppose he's just some walking carpet to you? Hm?

He only had a few lines, and they were all delivered in that same sing-songy voice. Non-entity at best.

(Of course, if this was a genuine Star wars fan board, such sentiment would be enough to have me taken out back and shot.)
You make it sound like there aren't such devoted fans on this board.

Just saying, watch your back. Han's not the only person who shoots first.

A collective of bitter obsessives, sorry, fans, are well on the way to raising $200 million to remake The Last Jedi to their liking. Extremely sarcastic article here:
https://news.avclub.com/this-fan-remake-of-the-last-jedi-is-totally-real-defin-1827031473

Just because you made up a cool game with your action figures last week when you were a little kid apparently gives you the ability to do this better than the professionals, apparently.

I saw Solo again tonight, still good fun. Noticed a few more details, it was obvious straightaway on the battlefield that Harrelson wasn't a real officer, Simpson reference with Lady Proxima's chief henchman telling a minion to release the hounds, the pirates really do look like Mad Max style marauders.

A collective of bitter obsessives, sorry, fans, are well on the way to raising $200 million to remake The Last Jedi to their liking.
No point, though I wouldn't mind if Disney remade the prequels.

A collective of bitter obsessives, sorry, fans, are well on the way to raising $200 million to remake The Last Jedi to their liking. Extremely sarcastic article here:
https://news.avclub.com/this-fan-remake-of-the-last-jedi-is-totally-real-defin-1827031473

Just because you made up a cool game with your action figures last week when you were a little kid apparently gives you the ability to do this better than the professionals, apparently.
Wow, they're a tad naive.
Hope it doesn't end up being a mess and hope that Disney don't sue them for appropriating an established brand.

Come on, it's never going to happen, all those pledgers offering $100,000 or whatever are just taking the mickey.

I saw Solo again tonight, still good fun. Noticed a few more details, it was obvious straightaway on the battlefield that Harrelson wasn't a real officer, Simpson reference with Lady Proxima's chief henchman telling a minion to release the hounds, the pirates really do look like Mad Max style marauders.

Did you spot R2-D2 and C-3PO?

I liked this film, it's almost a space Western. If they do another another Solo solo, they could take it down the Serenity route.

Did you spot R2-D2 and C-3PO?

I liked this film, it's almost a space Western. If they do another another Solo solo, they could take it down the Serenity route.

It looked like them!

Sadly there may not be a follow up seeing as Solo has underperformed at the boxoffice.

It looked like them!

Sadly there may not be a follow up seeing as Solo has underperformed at the boxoffice.
I don't think one was ever planned. We saw Solo a few nights ago and there was a movie magazine at the cinema showing the next 10 years of planned Star Wars movies! From what I remember, it goes like this:

The final part of the new trilogy (Episode 9) is set for 2019. Then it is either Boba Fett (one script has been scrapped) or Obi Wan (most likely) who get their own "A Star Wars story" special in 2020. Then comes a new Star Wars trilogy of films: Episodes 10,11, and 12 (2021, 2023, 2025) interspersed with 3 more "A Star Wars story" spin offs (2022, 2024, 2026).

However, there is talk of scaling back the spin-offs because of how Solo underperformed.

A collective of bitter obsessives, sorry, fans, are well on the way to raising $200 million to remake The Last Jedi to their liking.

DhIs781VMAAqEXh.jpg

An artist is poking fun at Star Wars fans clamoring for a remake of The Last Jedi.

Fernando Reza -- an LA-based graphic artist -- on Monday tweeted an image of his poster for the project, which centers on a muscled Luke Skywalker wielding a lightsaber and massive handgun.
https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-remake-poster-mocks-angry-fans/

I caught Solo a while back now and I enjoyed it, though I wondered what they were thinking with L3-37. The character seemed to me like a rather broad, tone-deaf jab at feminists or leftists, and it left me wondering if she was put there to mollify these alt-right bedroom-wanking Star Wars obsessives we hear so much about. Sort of like 'we have a black guy and a woman each taking a major role in this movie, but we're making fun of SJWs too, so please give us your money anyway?'

A new one on me.... Jar Jar was based on Goofy!
And yet, he wasn't funny, just like Goofy...no, hang on.

I actually feel sorry for him. It's not his fault, at least not as much as Lucas's. No-one should have to go through that kind of personal shit just because they played an unlikeable character on screen.

I mean, ideally, no-one should have to go through that kind of thing, even if they directed, wrote, produced, and otherwise are wholly responsible for it. I don't want Lucas to die because I hated the prequels, I just want him to think about what he did, and hopefully not make films again. At least not without adult supervision. But it seems the only appropriate response to someone taking part in a film you don't like is to hound them off social media, and wish them dead.

Jar-Jar was meant for the kid fans of Star Wars. It appears a certain breed of fan don't like to be reminded their favourite entertainment is meant for children too.

Jar-Jar was meant for the kid fans of Star Wars. It appears a certain breed of fan don't like to be reminded their favourite entertainment is meant for children too.
"The Ewoks made Jar Jar look like f*****g SHAFT !!" - Tim Beasly, SPACED ..

Straight from the bantha's mouth:
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-cast-announced

*Google experiences massive spike in searches for Naomi Ackie*

Anthony Daniels still clings on. Klingons? No, wait...

Please make Richard E. Grant be a baddie. This means he just needs a Star Trek: Discovery gig and he's done the treble, along with Doctor Who. Or the quadruple, if you count Wimbledon.

Not sure about this casting news.

Billy Dee Williams, fine, it's been too long since we've seen Lando. I'm shocked that he's 81 now, but I shouldn't be - it's 35 years since Jedi!

Anthony Daniels - I guess he's only lending his voice to the film (it'd be cruel to swueeze an old man into that costume!), but I find C3PO more and more irritating with every new appearance. Give him something to do, or leave him out!

I really have my reservations about including Carrie Fisher. Especially as it seems that they will be recycling footage from the cutting-room floor of episode 7, not even 8. They had a chance to kill Leia off with dignity in the last one, but didn't do it, and I now worry that she's being shoehorned into the new film for the sake of it. I don't relish saying this, but I do hope that Leia dies early on in episode 9, so it's easier to get on with enjoying the movie.

Back