Star Wars

Tribble

Furry Idiot
Am I right in remembering that earlier drafts had Luke as Luke Starkiller instead of walker? .. if so, maybe Lucas changed the name because of stars like Sharon Tate and John Lennon being killed? .. dunno?
Tate died in 1969, Lennon in 1980 so it wouldn't be because of those particular murders. "The Skywalker" appears as Luke Starkiller's Jedi name in an early draft from 1975.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Adventures_of_the_Starkiller,_Episode_I:_The_Star_Wars

I'd guess "Skywalker" is just a much nicer-sounding name for a hero. A name for a wanderer amongst the stars. "Starkiller" evokes images of a fierce warrior who likely strikes dramatic poses, laser sword in one hand and damsel he's just rescued in the other.

Question : Assuming Luke appears in the next film, what will he look like?

http://www.dorkly.com/post/48447/the-true-power-of-force-ghosts

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Tate died in 1969, Lennon in 1980 so it wouldn't be because of those particular murders. "The Skywalker" appears as Luke Starkiller's Jedi name in an early draft from 1975.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Adventures_of_the_Starkiller,_Episode_I:_The_Star_Wars

I'd guess "Skywalker" is just a much nicer-sounding name for a hero. A name for a wanderer amongst the stars. "Starkiller" evokes images of a fierce warrior who likely strikes dramatic poses, laser sword in one hand and damsel he's just rescued in the other.
Cheers Tribble although my theory of possible influence is suggesting that Tate's murder was only 6 years earlier than '75 so would have still been up there in the popular conscience/public awareness .. it's a long shot I admit ..

skinny

HARD AS NAILS
Never bothered with the Rebels cartoons, but this is actually pretty good.

Then this

Then this
Most satisfying. Thank you Bizney and friends.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Referring to the sentience of the Falcon - it was added to canon in 'Solo' that the intelligence/personality of L3-37 was uploaded to the ship's systems, so that theory is on the money.

Stringtheory

Small Lifeform in a Vast Space
Am I right in remembering that earlier drafts had Luke as Luke Starkiller instead of walker? .. if so, maybe Lucas changed the name because of stars like Sharon Tate and John Lennon being killed? .. dunno?
Depends on the draft I believe. There was indeed a Luke Starkiller, but also at one point an Anakin Starkiller. Same person though, the young potential savior. There was also a General Skywalker, who was more the wizened older warrior/mentor Obi Wan type.

skinny

HARD AS NAILS
Depends on the draft I believe. There was indeed a Luke Starkiller, but also at one point an Anakin Starkiller. Same person though, the young potential savior. There was also a General Skywalker, who was more the wizened older warrior/mentor Obi Wan type.
'hem
V V V
[QUOTE="skinny, post: 1890986, member: 38187"

2:20
[/QUOTE]

skinny

HARD AS NAILS
It wasn't bad. Roughly sticks to the pre-Disney Extended Universe (how he met Chewie, how he got the Falcon, etc.) and Donald Glover is pretty damn cool.
I just finished watching Solo and it was great. Thoroughly entertaining throughout. Only wish I'd seen it on the big screen. 4/5

Ringo

Sanitised for your protection
Or will it be the easy way out and we find out that Luke is Rey's father, leading to a new classic "Rey, I am your Father" line?