• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
So if I hear that song it might be Adamski featuring Seal, or just Seal? Riiight. :thought:
Seal co-wrote it with Adamski. He wasn't well known at the time, so the first version was 'Adamski featuring Seal'. I think.

The song is super great, even after all these years. I prefer the Adamski version.
For years, I had the theory that Seal was so-called because bringing him in to perform on a track was like a 'seal of quality'. It sealed the deal and ensured a hit.

For years, I had the theory that Seal was so-called because bringing him in to perform on a track was like a 'seal of quality'. It sealed the deal and ensured a hit.

Seal's his real name, short for Seal Henry.

Oh, so he's not actually an aquatic mammal, then? How disappointing. Unlike Sealion Dion...

As well as ...

- Barry Manatee
- Marty Baleen (of Jefferson Starfish fame ... )
- Engelbert Humpback
- Otter Brown

And for fans of vintage country and rockabilly:

- Narwhal Felts
- Cowboy Coypus

Speaking of coincidence,about 10 years back ,me and the wife to be visited some of her old friends in Halifax ,after about 5 local bars ,a great night being had by all ,we say our goodbyes ,and I find a bunch of keys on the floor of the bar,show them round to the few customers left ,when our friend recognises them as the keys to the place me and wife to be are stopping ,better born lucky than rich:)

Anyway, at the weekend I was looking at some books for sale while a certain well-known cartoonist was working on a caricature of me.

The first one I picked up was a jokey/serious guide to funerals, of which the first page I turned to was a decidedly jokey quiz, of which the first item I read, at random, was something like 'Do you posses a portrait of yourself?' and went on about keeping it in the attic...

Here's the caricature! How VERY flattering.
By our very own Hunt Emerson. This is a quick snap I took of it on a table top on the day. It's now in a frame ready to keep the cats away from the fireplace.

Attachments

• Scargy caricature.jpg
    Scargy caricature.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
I've done posts in the past abut the internet/facebook appearing to read our minds. Accustomed to it promoting ads for things we've mentioned or searched, and as sinister as that is, i'm referring rather to such ads popping up in seeming sync with our unexpressed thoughts. What algorithm is involved there, I wonder.

Well I was just over in Tesco getting milk and found myself drawn to and pondering reduced price inflatable airbeds on display, for emergency extra guests (Its been like piccadilly circus in here lately). I spend a good 10 or 15 seconds looking at them and then think..maybe another time.

Just got home. Just looked at my emails. One just recieved around the time i was in, or just leaving Tesco. Amazon is prompting me to consider buying an inflatable airbed..includng the one i was just looking at in the real world. I had not done any search for any such thing. It's not in response to some internet interest of mine. I hadn't mentioned it on facebook publically or privately. Coincidence surely. But freaking creepy.

This week was glancing through the death notices in the paper -which I do occasionally.
I saw the sirname of a friend my husband had years ago when he used to play squash, but it wasn't him.
Thought no more about it, but Monday afternoon he rang and asked how my husband was.
I had to tell him he's been dead 12 years now. It's been about 20 years since we have heard anything from this friend.

It's been about 20 years since we have heard anything from this friend.
This is one of these fascinating experiences that I think of as metaconnective coincidences.

Whilst the rational part of me dismisses any conceivable linkage between the fact you had recently read that name, and the telephone call itself (in the sense of that name perhaps being a Smith or Jones, with a high degree of repeat recurrance within your locale), I'm going to presume that the name was significantly less-common than either of these exaggerated examples, and was middlingly-rare (I'm going to maybe go with Ignatieff....but not necessarily Clutterbuck-Bracegirdle)

It was the initial in front of the name that drew my eye and I checked that it wasn't his brother. A pretty common name but not so many English ones as there used to be these days.

People terrified by Picture Box - a children's show I had never seen - drew me into looking at the contents. Yesterday, I posted about them including an early Ken Russell short.

I was tempted, as a starter to my main entertainment of the evening, to watch Russell's short but opted, instead, to listen to a downloaded album of Secret Agent themes, one I had owned as a kid.

That decision led me to choose an espionage film as the main event; as it happened, The Russia House, 1990, was the best match.

To my amazement, who shows up in the film as an actor? - a red-faced, white-haired, Ken Russell! :frust:

On and off today I've been watching the new Lost in Space. Taking a break, I started a new book, the third volume of Danny Baker's autobiography. On the first line, he mentions Lost in Space.

Except that's completely wrong.

Adamski was the producer who made the record 'Killer' with Seal as a vocalist.

Later Seal re-recorded it under his own name, with no involvement from Adamski.

No DJing or remixing involved

I am fully aware of all this.
Yeah, that's what I said all along. ;)
I said DJ when I meant producer so serve sme right for being drunk and spouting grumpy bollocks! :D

Didn't mean to be an arse, my snail friend... I'd had a little too much Ribena, or perhaps far too much rum. #miserablewhome :)

I am fully aware of all this.

I said DJ when I meant producer so serve sme right for being drunk and spouting grumpy bollocks! :D

Didn't mean to be an arse, my snail friend... I'd had a little too much Ribena, or perhaps far too much rum. #miserablewhome :)

No offence taken! Just joking that I knew all the DJ/producer/writer/performer ins-and-outs when I actually didn't.

So... it seems that a. there ARE two versions and b. while Seal sings on both, he is only a guest on one.

There's a great programme on coincidences on TWS right now. Well worth a listen.

Back