• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Crimes

If you are just going to dump it then why spread it out? why not just drag it out if in a vehicle
and drop it more or less in a pile and be off.

If you are just going to dump it then why spread it out? why not just drag it out if in a vehicle
and drop it more or less in a pile and be off.
Maybe they just threw them from the back of a van,you don’t drag pheasant,hare or rabbit,they aren’t exactly heavy,you would throw them,no rhyme nor reason to it,they wouldn’t make a neat pile if they were emptying a car boot or van in a hurry.

Last edited:
Maybe the freezer defrosted and the game spoilt? Poachers often dump their haul, happened near me two years ago? A deer and rabbits dumped behind houses.Also travelling in the early hours with a vehicle your likely to get a police stop, if you have dogs and hares/deer your dogs and vehicle Are liable to seizure.
Game is so cheap it's being given away at the moment, especially pheasants.

Hmmm, didn't Max say he was cleaning out his game freezer?

Maybe the freezer defrosted and the game spoilt? Poachers often dump their haul, happened near me two years ago? A deer and rabbits dumped behind houses.Also travelling in the early hours with a vehicle your likely to get a police stop, if you have dogs and hares/deer your dogs and vehicle Are liable to seizure.
Game is so cheap it's being given away at the moment, especially pheasants.
If pheasants & game are so cheap they’re giving them away, why would poachers bother going after them in the first place? Unless it’s for own consumption in which they’d be unlikely to dump them.

And if you were stopped by the police with your haul it’s unlikely they’d agree to strewing it outside a school.

I reckon it’s someone with a grudge against the school. It looks a deliberate act of spreading them out rather than dumping quickly in a heap.

Either that or the beast of Romsey has struck again. It’s known to be partial to deer heads.

If pheasants & game are so cheap they’re giving them away, why would poachers bother going after them in the first place? Unless it’s for own consumption in which they’d be unlikely to dump them.

And if you were stopped by the police with your haul it’s unlikely they’d agree to strewing it outside a school.
I have hunted all my life, know poachers, why do they bother going after them in the first place? That question shows me you don't understand the psychology of man the hunter, lots of people hunt who don't eat game.
A grudge against the school they would have broken windows, thrown paint across the building, stuck a chain and padlock on the gate and thrown the key not scattered some pheasants which would take 10 minutes to clean up,.

No one said that except you, I said poachers after a night working their dogs will dump what they have caught rather than taking it home in the early hours of the morning and risk a police stop which would risk dog/vehicle seizure fines and possibly imprisonment.

Suspect of Rotterdam explosion stays in custody longer

The man arrested after the deadly explosion in Rotterdam remains in custody for the time being. The examining magistrate extended his pre-trial detention by two weeks. The 34-year-old Rotterdam man is also only allowed to have contact with his lawyer, writes regional broadcaster Rijnmond.

The man, Jalal O., is the tenant of the exploded building and is detained on suspicion of producing drugs. He lost his 22-year-old nephew and a 33-year-old colleague in the explosion last Monday night. The man was in frequent contact with the regional broadcaster in the days after the blast and was much present at the disaster site.

The suspect was also one of the people who jumped over the barrier to search for victims. With the help of others, he retrieved the body of one of the three fatal victims from under the rubble.

The man was detained last Saturday after police found at the scene several props that could be used in the production of drugs.

https://nos.nl/collectie/13967/artikel/2507803-verdachte-explosie-rotterdam-blijft-langer-vastzitten

Neighbours suspected drug lab in Rotterdam flat for some time

Residents of the flat in Rotterdam that caught fire and was disrupted by a large explosion on Monday are not surprised that a drug lab may have been the cause of the havoc. Six local residents tell NOS. "It was not pure coffee, everyone knew that," says a woman who lives nearby. "The Maseratis and Ferraris were driving off and on."

Police said last night that several props were found that could be used in the production of drugs. The fire killed three people and damaged dozens of homes.

In the garage box where the explosion occurred, people were sleeping at night, said the local resident. "There was scum walking around, 24 hours a day," she said. The woman, like most other local residents, wishes to remain anonymous.

https://nos.nl/collectie/13967/arti...rmoedden-al-langer-drugslab-in-flat-rotterdam

Police seek witnesses in van that drove close to Rotterdam explosion

Police are looking for occupants of a van that was close to the heavy explosion in Rotterdam last week. Camera footage released shows the vehicle driving past the property just before the explosion. The occupants are seen as potentially important witnesses.

"The occupants may have seen something in the area that could be crucial for the investigation," police said.

Police are looking for witnesses to the fatal incident: "If you know more about any persons or vehicles who were there or can tell anything about abnormal events, please get in touch."

The explosion made a deep impression on residents of the area. Last weekend, there was a private residents' meeting, where people expressed their concerns and anger. Some residents expressed their desire to move.

https://nos.nl/collectie/13967/arti...-busje-dat-vlak-bij-rotterdamse-explosie-reed

View attachment 73687

View attachment 73686

View attachment 73685
Walter White never had that problem when cooking meth.

Annoying crime rather than strange - Some fly-tipping comeuppance for a change.

Flytippers arrested after locals blocked them in

Quick thinking villagers used their cars to barricade the vans as they unloaded waste on Maxstoke Lane on the Packington Estate, Meriden.

They phoned the police who turned up fairly pronto

‘We attended in support of North Warwickshire Local Policing officers who had been called to the scene after local residents and workers on the estate had blocked the offenders in.

‘On arrival we found some of the worse flytipping we had seen in a long time. We detained two males who were instructed to reload the two vans with all the rubbish dumped.
‘We supervised them cleaning up their mess and enjoyed a great cup of tea and slice of home made cake courtesy of the farmer’s wife. No cake and tea for these two offenders.’

Two men were detained and ordered to reload their back up with rubbish, with the vans then being seized under the Environmental Act.

A police spokesperson said: ‘Cleaning up the results of flytipping is the responsibility of the local council and members of the public who discover incidents of fly-tipping should report it to them directly.

‘Officers from the Warwickshire Rural Crime Team also attended the scene and have now taken on the investigation and prosecution case.’

1707698573090.png

1707698603669.png

Burglars Hit Movie Director’s Home, Then Deliver a Cinematic Plot Twist

When the thieves broke into the country home of a renowned film director in southern India, taking gold, silver and cash, they made a clean getaway. But days later, a small plastic bag appeared outside the house’s gates, stitched shut with thin sticks and containing something wrapped in a white handkerchief.

Inside was a medal for a prestigious national award that the director, M. Manikandan, had won in 2021 for one of his films. With it was a brief note handwritten in Tamil, a regional language. “Sir, please forgive us,” the note read. “Your hard work belongs to you alone.”

The thieves who came for Mr. Manikandan’s country home clearly had ideas about what to do with money. But also a conscience, or maybe respect for art.

Sathish Kumar, a head constable who is part of the intelligence-gathering team of the local police unit investigating, said the house, in the town of Usilampatti, was broken into via the front door last week. Taken was about $1,200 in local currency, 40 grams of gold chains and silver ornaments with a total weight of about a kilogram.

https://dnyuz.com/2024/02/17/burglars-hit-movie-directors-home-then-deliver-a-cinematic-plot-twist/

maximus otter

Man Allegedly Steals Semi Hauling $1.25 Million Worth of New Corvettes for Ride Home from Prison

A tractor-trailer full of brand-new Chevy Corvettes worth over $1.25 million was allegedly stolen by an ex-convict looking for a ride home in Arizona on Thursday, police said.

Twenty-three-year-old Isaiah Walker of Lawton, Oklahoma, was booked on Thursday on multiple felony charges for the alleged theft. Charges include robbery, 11 counts of theft of means of transportation, and felony theft, per police.

The truck was parked at the Willcox Loves Truck Stop in Willcox, Arizona, when Walker began to strike up a conversation with the truck driver. When the driver attempted to climb into the cab of the truck, Walker grabbed the driver and threw him to the ground. At that point, Walker got into the truck, locked the doors, and drove it out of the parking lot, police said.

A deputy from the Cochise County Sheriff's Department caught up to the stolen truck and attempted to pull it over. However, Walker was not willing to give up his score so easily. He began to swerve and force other cars off the road. However, eventually, the truck turned down a road and stopped.

Walker was taken into custody at the scene and questioned after being read his Miranda rights. He admitted to stealing the truck but claimed that the 10 Corvettes that were onboard had nothing to do with it. He stated that he was just released from prison and needed a ride home.

For Walker, the good news is that he is not going to need to worry about a ride home again for a while thanks to a fresh batch of felony charges.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46829622/man-steals-semi-chevy-corvettes/

maximus otter

Last edited:

Man Allegedly Steals Semi Hauling $1.25 Million Worth of New Corvettes for Ride Home from Prison

A tractor-trailer full of brand-new Chevy Corvettes worth over $1.25 million was allegedly stolen by an ex-convict looking for a ride home in Arizona on Thursday, police said.

Twenty-three-year-old Isaiah Walker of Lawton, Oklahoma, was booked on Thursday on multiple felony charges for the alleged theft. Charges include robbery, 11 counts of theft of means of transportation, and felony theft, per police.

The truck was parked at the Willcox Loves Truck Stop in Willcox, Arizona, when Walker began to strike up a conversation with the truck driver. When the driver attempted to climb into the cab of the truck, Walker grabbed the driver and threw him to the ground. At that point, Walker got into the truck, locked the doors, and drove it out of the parking lot, police said.

A deputy from the Cochise County Sheriff's Department caught up to the stolen truck and attempted to pull it over. However, Walker was not willing to give up his score so easily. He began to swerve and force other cars off the road. However, eventually, the truck turned down a road and stopped.

Walker was taken into custody at the scene and questioned after being read his Miranda rights. He admitted to stealing the truck but claimed that the 10 Corvettes that were onboard had nothing to do with it. He stated that he was just released from prison and needed a ride home.

For Walker, the good news is that he is not going to need to worry about a ride home again for a while thanks to a fresh batch of felony charges.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46829622/man-steals-semi-chevy-corvettes/

maximus otter
Not exactly a stealth move :)

The latest craze.

A woman has been arrested for allegedly trying to steal Stanley cups worth $2,500 (£1,965) from a California shop.

The 23-year-old was challenged by staff but refused to pay for the items, stuffing them into a car, police say.

The Stanley cup, specifically the Adventure Quencher Travel Tumbler, has gone viral on TikTok. The #Stanleycup hashtag has had more than seven billion views worldwide, and the craze has led to a number of attempts at law-breaking. One popular recent video showed a man jumping across a Starbucks counter in an effort to steal a hot pink limited edition of the flask.

Police in the city of Roseville, a suburb of California state capital Sacramento, said officers responded to a theft after staff at a local store spotted a woman wheeling a shopping trolley full of the water bottles to the boot of a car.

"The suspect refused to stop for staff and stuffed her car with the stolen merchandise," the police statement said, adding that traffic police stopped the car as it tried to enter a nearby highway. A search of the vehicle revealed 65 Stanley cups.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68067495

Now it turns out the cups contain lead.

The company behind the wildly popular Stanley tumbler cups have been hit with a number of lawsuits in recent weeks accusing the company of failing to disclose that its highly sought-after products contain lead.

Plaintiffs have filed at least three lawsuits against the company, including one at the beginning of February and two last week, after it informed consumers last month that its popular Stanley Quencher cups are made with a sealing material that contains some lead. Pacific Market International (PMI), which acquired Stanley in 2002, made the disclosure after social media users inspected their tumblers with at-home lead-testing kits and began sounding the alarm.

The company reassured its millions of customers that the sealing material was covered with a layer of stainless steel, making the lead inaccessible to consumers. Experts also weighed in to allay their concerns, with one telling HuffPost that the risk is “infinitesimally small.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/stanley-cup-lead-lawsuits_n_65d63ca1e4b007e3eb73f1b5

Are we getting the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth here?

A dentist who made a threat to kill his local north-west London MP, suggesting he would be "stabbed, shot, beheaded", has been detained in hospital.

Amit Kerai, 34, tweeted the threat about Brent North MP Barry Gardiner during a four-year campaign of harassment, the Old Bailey heard. He pleaded guilty to making the threat in August 2022. The court heard he had a grudge after being being suspended by the General Dental Council.

Mr Gardiner was sent the tweet after Kerai contacted the MP's office on 4 August 2022, the Old Bailey heard. In a victim impact statement read in court, Mr Gardiner said he was "aware members of parliament are increasingly being threatened and two of my colleagues have been murdered in the course of their work".

He said the level of security MPs were offered was "lamentably poor" but said he would not allow threats to "reduce my accessibility to my constituents. I feel that the job of being a member of Parliament now places a much greater strain on my staff and family than when I began in Parliament 25 years ago" .

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-68367110

This story was in several British tabloids recently. The Metro version features a photo of a bottle opener that had been involved.

Man 'wearing kilt walked around store stuffing items up rectum before putting them back'

A kilted man seen wandering around a store had stuffed items up his rectum before returning them to the shelves.

Mitchell C. Vest, 60, was spotted on CCTV footage taking items from the storey and allegedly placing them "in his rectum", according to arresting officers. Harris County Constable Precinct 4 confirmed an arrest had been made after the 60-year-old was referred by multiple concerned members of the public.

The man from Texas was arrested last week on one count of criminal mischief in connection with the bizarre allegations. Members of the public were less than impressed with the bold display, and called in for police help at the time.

A dentist who made a threat to kill his local north-west London MP, suggesting he would be "stabbed, shot, beheaded", has been detained in hospital.

Amit Kerai, 34, tweeted the threat about Brent North MP Barry Gardiner during a four-year campaign of harassment, the Old Bailey heard. He pleaded guilty to making the threat in August 2022. The court heard he had a grudge after being being suspended by the General Dental Council.

Mr Gardiner was sent the tweet after Kerai contacted the MP's office on 4 August 2022, the Old Bailey heard. In a victim impact statement read in court, Mr Gardiner said he was "aware members of parliament are increasingly being threatened and two of my colleagues have been murdered in the course of their work".

He said the level of security MPs were offered was "lamentably poor" but said he would not allow threats to "reduce my accessibility to my constituents. I feel that the job of being a member of Parliament now places a much greater strain on my staff and family than when I began in Parliament 25 years ago" .

“Is it safe?”

maximus otter

We older Brits remember a time when we'd hear about American politicians and public figures being shot and think That's what it's like over there.
Looks like it's here too now. :(

“Is it safe?”

maximus otter

It wasn't safe here. He got off lightly imo.

A man with a tooth problem has been jailed for smashing up a pharmacy after he was refused free antibiotics.

More Juma, 33, caused £5,000 in damage to City Pharmacy, in Peterborough city centre, on 21 November 2023. During his rampage, Juma used a glass bottle to hit a man who was spraying him with a fire extinguisher in an attempt to stop him, Cambridgeshire Police said.

Juma, of Kimberley Road, Leicester, was found guilty of criminal damage, affray and assaulting an emergency worker and has been given a 15-month prison sentence.

Police said Juma damaged computer monitors, card machines and scanners after he was told to pay for his antibiotics.

After being arrested, the defendant spat in the eyes of a nurse at Thorpe Wood Police Station.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c1d1vgz95p3o

Rotterdam man (17) arrested for throwing shopping trolley on woman

Police have arrested a 17-year-old Rotterdam man in connection with throwing a shopping trolley at a woman. He is suspected of attempted manslaughter and aggravated assault.

On Wednesday evening, a 35-year-old woman was seriously injured after a shopping trolley was thrown on her. The incident took place at a supermarket in Rotterdam's Zuidplein shopping centre. The victim is still seriously injured in hospital but is out of danger, a police spokesman said.

Footbridge
Witnesses saw the shopping trolley being thrown down by four boys from a footbridge, writes regional broadcaster Rijnmond. The police do not rule out more arrests to follow, a spokesman says.

The investigation into the case is ongoing. The 17-year-old suspect is now detained for questioning.

1708701275956.png

https://nos.nl/artikel/2510066-rotterdammer-17-aangehouden-voor-gooien-van-winkelwagen-op-vrouw

Anarchist guilty of terror offences after declaring he wanted to kill at least 50 people

A left-wing anarchist has been found guilty of preparing acts of terrorism by compiling and sharing a bomb-making manual, after declaring that he wanted to kill at least 50 people.

GHBT3B6WIAAwp7u-1536x864.jpg

Jacob Graham, 20, from Norris Green, Liverpool, dedicated his manual, called the "Freedom Encyclopaedia", to "terrorists past and future, anarchists etc" and buried bomb-making chemicals in a secret woodland hide.

He wrote a document called "My Plan" in which he said he wanted to kill at least 50 people by attacking government buildings and politicians' houses.

He also made 138 videos in which he demonstrated explosives and talked about "Judgement Day" and "standing up for working class people."

On the wall in his bedroom Graham had printed out a picture of a car bomb exploding with the words: "Make politicians afraid to start their cars again."

Graham used Discord and the encrypted Telegram app to communicate with others who shared his hatred of government in groups called Earth Militia, Total Earth Liberation and Neo-Luddite Action.

He shared his manual online - which included instructions on how to build a pipe bomb, gunpowder and plastic explosives, along with detonators and instructions on how the perpetrators could evade the police.

The jury at Manchester Crown Court acquitted Graham of planning a terrorist attack but found him guilty of preparing acts of terrorism by writing the Freedom Encyclopaedia, and of disseminating terrorist publications and possession of documents useful for terrorism.

https://news.sky.com/story/left-win...fter-declaring-he-wanted-to-kill-mps-13072775

maximus otter

Anarchist guilty of terror offences after declaring he wanted to kill at least 50 people

A left-wing anarchist has been found guilty of preparing acts of terrorism by compiling and sharing a bomb-making manual, after declaring that he wanted to kill at least 50 people.

GHBT3B6WIAAwp7u-1536x864.jpg

Jacob Graham, 20, from Norris Green, Liverpool, dedicated his manual, called the "Freedom Encyclopaedia", to "terrorists past and future, anarchists etc" and buried bomb-making chemicals in a secret woodland hide.

He wrote a document called "My Plan" in which he said he wanted to kill at least 50 people by attacking government buildings and politicians' houses.

He also made 138 videos in which he demonstrated explosives and talked about "Judgement Day" and "standing up for working class people."

On the wall in his bedroom Graham had printed out a picture of a car bomb exploding with the words: "Make politicians afraid to start their cars again."

Graham used Discord and the encrypted Telegram app to communicate with others who shared his hatred of government in groups called Earth Militia, Total Earth Liberation and Neo-Luddite Action.

He shared his manual online - which included instructions on how to build a pipe bomb, gunpowder and plastic explosives, along with detonators and instructions on how the perpetrators could evade the police.

The jury at Manchester Crown Court acquitted Graham of planning a terrorist attack but found him guilty of preparing acts of terrorism by writing the Freedom Encyclopaedia, and of disseminating terrorist publications and possession of documents useful for terrorism.

https://news.sky.com/story/left-win...fter-declaring-he-wanted-to-kill-mps-13072775

maximus otter
That's not an anarchist. Real anarchists look like this: :)

20240224_200208.jpg

Back