• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Crimes

Wow, I didn't expect that!

Wanted ghost driver (43) found dead in pond in Itteren

The 43-year-old man wanted in a fishpond in the South Limburg town of Itteren since yesterday afternoon has been found dead. Police recovered his body from the water this afternoon, writes 1Limburg.

The man from Buchten was seen speeding on the A2 yesterday morning and fled when police approached. He eventually drove himself stuck in a meadow in Itteren and ran into the fishpond. A search yesterday turned up nothing.

Yesterday morning, police swung into action after several reports of a ghost driver (= Dutch for: driver driving against traffic on a highway). They then failed to force the man to stop and he fled the scene. Soon after, the police again received reports of a motorist showing very dangerous driving behaviour. It turned out to be the same driver.

The police tracked the man down in Itteren, a village north of Maastricht. He drove himself stuck there and continued on foot. He did not respond to police requests and instead walked in and out of the fishpond. Until he remained in the water and the police could no longer find him.

An hours-long search ensued. The fire brigade, two diving teams and a helicopter were deployed in vain. "Everything was done yesterday to find him," a police spokesman said. "But it got dark, and then the search had to stop." The search resumed today and so today the man's remains were found in the pond.

The police are not making any further announcements about the case.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2502854-gezochte-spookrijder-43-dood-gevonden-in-vijver-in-itteren

Thank you for the update!

On the GoFundMe page, Ms Hand wrote: 'Hi my name is Marey Hand and my son was murdered on Christmas Eve, his name was Tristan Sherry.

'We made this to raise money for his funeral cost in this difficult time. We are absolutely heartbroken that this has happened.

'He was well known for his love of motorcycles and was loved by many. He was an amazing Son, Brother, Father and Friend.

'We can’t believe life has to go on without him'.

Well, if you shoot people, I can't imagine that you should expect a long life.:roll:
Yup,the GoFundMe made out that he was murdered rather than killed while trying to murder two people :roll:

There's an epidemic of swatting at schools in the US.

AT 1:15 PM on September 15, a man who identified himself as Tom Gomez called Sangamon County Central Dispatch in Illinois to report that two gunmen had shot a dozen students at Springfield High School.

According to audio of the call obtained by WIRED, the man was specific. The caller, breathing heavily, told dispatchers that he was locked inside a math classroom with other students and that the two men, both dressed in blue pants and green jackets, were killing students in the adjacent classroom: room 219.

Within five minutes, Springfield Police were at the high school's second floor, descending on the room where they were told a mass murder had occurred. The problem is that, according to police records, Springfield High doesn’t have a room 219. In fact, there was no shooting at all.

The dangerous hoax call was one of more than 90 false reports of active shooter incidents at US schools made during the second half of September, WIRED found. From Lincoln High in Dallas, Texas, to Lincoln High in Des Moines, Iowa; McArthur High in Hollywood, Florida, to Hollywood High in Los Angeles, these false reports are part of a disturbing spree of recent swatting incidents that crisscross the United States. While experts who study violence at schools say that false reports of shootings inspire copycats, state and local law enforcement officials say that many of these swatting attacks seem to stem from a single person or group. ...

https://www.wired.com/story/swatting-schools-us-september-2022/

Now it's time to SWAT politicians.

Lawmakers around the US have been targeted by hoax calls known as "swatting".

Police rushed to the home of Florida Senator Rick Scott on Wednesday after receiving a hoax call that a gunman had killed his wife at the scene. And Georgia Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene said she was "swatted" on Christmas Day, with her family present.

Most of the swatting calls this week appeared to target Republican officials. No injuries were reported.

But some Democrats were also targeted, such as Boston Mayor Michelle Wu who also had a Swat team called to her home on Christmas.

Ms Greene, a prominent conservative supporter of Republican frontrunner Donald Trump, said on social media that it was just the latest in a series of hoax calls against her.

"I have been swatted 8 times but the FBI can't seem to figure out who is responsible for the swatting," she wrote on X, formerly Twitter.
Multiple officials in other states were also targeted by swatting attacks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67837637

Woman's entire driveway at her home was stolen.

https://themessenger.com/news/florida-woman-shocked-to-find-entire-driveway-stolen

---------------------------------
When most people encounter scammers, they usually try to take their money or valuables. For one Florida woman, her entire driveway was stolen.
Brochu called Orange County deputies, who called Andre.

“They said that he said it was a mistake. He just got the address wrong [and] nothing else will happen again,” she told WFTV.

The following week, Brochu’s entire driveway was missing. Rocki Sanchez, a real estate agent with whom Brochu hired to sell the home, told the station, “I was in unbelievable, like, utter shock. I’ve never seen this before. I’ve never had this happen to myself or anyone in our office.”

Deputies have since launched a criminal mischief investigation into the incident. They called Andre again, who told them he had nothing to do with it before hanging up.

Woman's entire driveway at her home was stolen.

https://themessenger.com/news/florida-woman-shocked-to-find-entire-driveway-stolen

---------------------------------
When most people encounter scammers, they usually try to take their money or valuables. For one Florida woman, her entire driveway was stolen.
Brochu called Orange County deputies, who called Andre.

“They said that he said it was a mistake. He just got the address wrong [and] nothing else will happen again,” she told WFTV.

The following week, Brochu’s entire driveway was missing. Rocki Sanchez, a real estate agent with whom Brochu hired to sell the home, told the station, “I was in unbelievable, like, utter shock. I’ve never seen this before. I’ve never had this happen to myself or anyone in our office.”

Deputies have since launched a criminal mischief investigation into the incident. They called Andre again, who told them he had nothing to do with it before hanging up.
This is a problem in some of the quainter British neighbourhoods. Lovely stone paths and drives, even parts of streets, are ripped up and 'recycled'.

Spanish police have intercepted a French couple who were planning to sacrifice their son

French police issued an urgent request, asking Spanish authorities to detain a couple thought to be heading for Morocco with their five-year-old son. The pair were said to have had a history of psychosis and believed their son was possessed.

https://www.guardiacivil.es/es/prensa/noticias/8807.html

Spanish police have intercepted a French couple who were planning to sacrifice their son

French police issued an urgent request, asking Spanish authorities to detain a couple thought to be heading for Morocco with their five-year-old son. The pair were said to have had a history of psychosis and believed their son was possessed.

https://www.guardiacivil.es/es/prensa/noticias/8807.html
Well done, the Spanish Police!

I don't believe anybody's underwear can stretch that far. 'Onion' territory.

Evidence:
GCxeJQ9aoAAAXGi.jpeg.jpg

Full Story:

Former Marine sentenced to 30 years in prison for strangling his stepfather with 'atomic wedgie' for insulting his mother​

By Kate Pickles For Mailonline09:52 17 Jul 2015, updated 14:02 17 Jul 2015

A former Marine who killed his stepfather by giving him an 'atomic wedgie' causing him to suffocate on his own underwear, has been sentenced to 30 years.

Brad Lee Davis pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter killing his stepfather Denver St Clair in a drunken family fight in December 2013.

The 58-year-old died after Davis grabbed Mr St Clair's underwear and pulled the elastic waistband over his head and around his neck at a residence just east of Oklahoma City.

Continued:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3165047

Evidence:
View attachment 72583

Full Story:

Former Marine sentenced to 30 years in prison for strangling his stepfather with 'atomic wedgie' for insulting his mother​

By Kate Pickles For Mailonline09:52 17 Jul 2015, updated 14:02 17 Jul 2015

A former Marine who killed his stepfather by giving him an 'atomic wedgie' causing him to suffocate on his own underwear, has been sentenced to 30 years.

Brad Lee Davis pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter killing his stepfather Denver St Clair in a drunken family fight in December 2013.

The 58-year-old died after Davis grabbed Mr St Clair's underwear and pulled the elastic waistband over his head and around his neck at a residence just east of Oklahoma City.

Continued:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3165047
Is this a photo of the actual fatal Wedgie incident? If so, nice to have a photographer there to capture the event.

I note it happened ten years ago. Has he only just been found guilty?

Now it's time to SWAT politicians.

Lawmakers around the US have been targeted by hoax calls known as "swatting".
From various reports and You Tube commentary, now the police have become wary of 'swatting', the nasty little scrotes have turned to calling in fake 'wellness checks'. Online, they claim to be genuinely concerned - which fools no one - but just another form of harassment.

It also happened to the Kardashians after French thieves stole Kim or whatever. Kris Jenner cried real dollars until her beloved asset...I mean, daughter, was returned.

From various reports and You Tube commentary, now the police have become wary of 'swatting', the nasty little scrotes have turned to calling in fake 'wellness checks'. Online, they claim to be genuinely concerned - which fools no one - but just another form of harassment.
IIRC, there have been one or two cases of swatting here in the UK, but over in the US it has the potential to be so much more deadly.
If the police could only find the little sh*ts that do it, there'd be hell to pay.

One American case a 'wellness' was called in twice - on the same day, one after the other - the first was easily identified, as they ID'd themselves, declared that they were a Federal Attorney and (correctly) an Officer of The Court. Their grasp of the victim's personal information was detailed - far more than expected from ordinary internet rivals. The second call was from the Attorneys client - much less informative, rambling and they refused to give their identity. From the recording, the dispatcher sounded highly suspicious and didn't sound that they'd act on the call.
The most utterly stupid thing is that legal papers submitted to the court by the Attorney and client jointly, actually mention the 'welfare checks'. A lot of internet commentators and qualified attorneys are awaiting developments with baited breath ...

Cyber kidnapping, a growing menace.

A Chinese foreign exchange student has been found freezing but alive in the US after his parents were extorted out of tens of thousands of dollars in a "cyber kidnapping" scam.

Kai Zhuang was discovered "very cold and scared" in a tent in rural Utah, Riverdale Police said in a statement. The 17-year-old is believed to have isolated himself after being manipulated by the kidnappers. His parents were then tricked into paying around $80,000 (£62,600).

Zhuang is one of a number of foreign students targeted by so-called cyber kidnappers in the US recently, Riverdale Police added in their statement. Police believe Kai was being controlled by the kidnappers as early as 20 December, when he was seen by officers in Provo, Utah, carrying camping equipment. Those officers arranged for him to be returned to Riverdale - where he lived with a host family - out of concerns for his safety. He did not mention any threats at the time, however.

Police were then contacted on 28 December by the school he was attending, which had been contacted by his parents in China. Kai's parents had told school officials they had been sent a ransom demand and a picture of their son indicating he was abducted.

According to police, victims of cyber kidnapping are convinced to isolate themselves, and even take pictures to make it appear they are being held captive - despite the kidnappers not being present. Instead, the victim is monitored through Facetime or Skype. Both the victim and their families are then convinced the other will be harmed if they do not comply.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67861852

OK, this isn't quite the world's strangest crime. But it's quite bizarre: the killer chased her boyfriend down and ran him over, dragging him along the road.
She will be sentenced on the 29th. Seems she might never be released.

I've followed the trial because the site of the incident is along where we cycle sometimes. We know it well; Techy used to live round the corner.

Guardian article -
Philosophy student guilty of murder after running over fiance in car

A philosophy student has been found guilty of murdering her boyfriend when she “lost her temper” and drunkenly ran over him with her car, dragging him underneath.

Alice Wood, 23, used her Ford Fiesta as a weapon when she hit partner, Ryan Watson, 24, near the home they shared in Rode Heath, Cheshire, at about 11.30pm on 6 May 2022.

OK, this isn't quite the world's strangest crime. But it's quite bizarre: the killer chased her boyfriend down and ran him over, dragging him along the road.
She will be sentenced on the 29th. Seems she might never be released.

I've followed the trial because the site of the incident is along where we cycle sometimes. We know it well; Techy used to live round the corner.

Guardian article -
Philosophy student guilty of murder after running over fiance in car
An unbelievably tragic story of pointless waste.

Too much to drink, an argument and a young man is dead and his killer - who was about to go to Cambridge with a scholarship - is jailed, possibly for life.

Words fail me reading stories like this. She's clearly intelligent - very intelligent - yet she chose to drive while over the limit, which started a tragic chain of events that led to a murder and multiple ruined lives.

Unbelievable.

An unbelievably tragic story of pointless waste.

Too much to drink, an argument and a young man is dead and his killer - who was about to go to Cambridge with a scholarship - is jailed, possibly for life.

Words fail me reading stories like this. She's clearly intelligent - very intelligent - yet she chose to drive while over the limit, which started a tragic chain of events that led to a murder and multiple ruined lives.

Unbelievable.
Can't help thinking there's a backstory. Remember Tracie Andrews? Reminds me of her.

Andrews stabbed her fiancé repeatedly when he was running away and lied about it, but her sentence was nowhere near the possible never to be released one served on Wood.
She's now out and married.

If she'd run him over with a trolley instead, she might have been able to philosophize her way out of getting charged.

British cops probing first rape case in 'metaverse' after child 'attacked' in video game

Police are investigating the first case of rape in the metaverse after a child was "sexually attacked" in a virtual reality video game.

It is said a gang of men raped the avatar of a girl aged under 16 during a video game. The victim wasn't physically injured but is said to have suffered the same psychological and emotional trauma as someone who has been raped in the "real world".

Although there was no physical attack, the online strangers allegedly raped the character in the game - an incident believed to be under investigation by police in the UK.

...it is thought the victim was in an online "room" with a large number of fellow users when the virtual assault by several adult men took place.

Police leaders are now calling for legislation to tackle a wave of sexual offending in such a sphere, saying officers’ tactics must evolve to stop perverts using new technology to exploit children. However, the landmark case has prompted questions about whether police should be pursuing virtual offences.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-cops-probing-1st-case-31785666

maximus otter

It's a difficult subject.
Does what happens in the ether have real life consequences? If it does, it should be covered in 'real time' laws. What if the child avatar belonged to an adult? He might be a paedo, he might just have a kink. But would the online 'rape' i.e. against the will of the character, be a 'rape' in reality if the avatar user gave consent?

Can't help thinking there's a backstory. Remember Tracie Andrews? Reminds me of her.

Andrews stabbed her fiancé repeatedly when he was running away and lied about it, but her sentence was nowhere near the possible never to be released one served on Wood.
She's now out and married.
We used to drive down the lane where that happened all the time - and when the story hit the papers, we recognised Lee, the victim. He was a bus-driver on our local route - bus stop right outside our old house - and we used to call him "the handsome bus driver". Probably saw him most days for a few years. He was a very striking looking man.

Moved back to Yorkshire and a few years later saw those pics in the press of Andrews on York market, just down the road from here - on day release from prison at a stall we used to go to all the time. So that story always felt literally close to home, for us.

I don’t think so.

Our police haven’t got the resources and time to deal with actual crimes, let alone imaginary offences in a nonexistent world.

maximus otter
If a character kills another character in such a game should they charged with murder? What if they rob another characters virtual property? Endless fun for cranks.

If you consider many games have 'in game' purchases, were you to spend a lot of real money on intangible 'assets', being mugged like that would be frustrating but not illegal. Not playing these games, I'd imagine such online 'crime' to be the bane of the game organisers.

Cabin Fever.

A pilot accused of threatening to shoot a commercial airline captain who wanted to divert a flight to get medical attention for a passenger is set to make his first federal court appearance.

Former Delta Air Lines pilot Jonathan J Dunn was indicted by a grand jury on October 18 and charged with interfering with a flight crew during a trip from Atlanta to Salt Lake City in August 2022.

Dunn, who was the first officer – or co-pilot – threatened to shoot the captain during a heated argument in the cockpit over whether to change course to accommodate a passenger’s medical issue.

The captain proposed diverting to Grand Junction, Colorado, if the passenger’s condition worsened, the US Attorney’s Office said in court documents.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/world/p...-captain-mid-flight-due-in-court-1571600.html

British cops probing first rape case in 'metaverse' after child 'attacked' in video game

Police are investigating the first case of rape in the metaverse after a child was "sexually attacked" in a virtual reality video game.

It is said a gang of men raped the avatar of a girl aged under 16 during a video game. The victim wasn't physically injured but is said to have suffered the same psychological and emotional trauma as someone who has been raped in the "real world".

Although there was no physical attack, the online strangers allegedly raped the character in the game - an incident believed to be under investigation by police in the UK.

...it is thought the victim was in an online "room" with a large number of fellow users when the virtual assault by several adult men took place.

Police leaders are now calling for legislation to tackle a wave of sexual offending in such a sphere, saying officers’ tactics must evolve to stop perverts using new technology to exploit children. However, the landmark case has prompted questions about whether police should be pursuing virtual offences.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-cops-probing-1st-case-31785666

maximus otter
VR helmets do have an on/off switch or can be taken off very quickly.
Children should also not be allowed into adult chat rooms... their parents should police their activities, not the actual police.

Back