• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Subscription Problems

I downloaded the app onto my iPad from the App Store when they emailed me and suggested I could make use of the electronic version during lockdown. I still get the print version though. I must find out if I am being charged separately for the electronic copy as there was no suggestion of additional charges when they contacted me.

Overseas subscribers never get their Fortean mugs/mousepads/pens/cryptids...

Looking for some advice here from international subscribers.

I am looking at signing up, delivery to France. How reliable is the delivery?

I usually get my mum back in the UK to buy it and I just collect them when I visit. However, with covid, etc... I can buy it here in France but it costs over 10 euros an issue, which is well above the exchange rate.

Worth jumping to a sub or better just paying over the odds to get it reliably on your hands?

I usually get my mum back in the UK to buy it and I just collect them when I visit. However, with covid, etc... I can buy it here in France but it costs over 10 euros an issue, which is well above the exchange rate.
Worth jumping to a sub or better just paying over the odds to get it reliably on your hands?

I've had no complaints about my subscription service, but I'm in the USA.

According to the FT website subscription webpage a subscription from France costs £58 per year. I have no idea whether there'd be any additional charges (postal fees; customs; etc.) to add to that figure.

Unless you prefer "binge-reading" multiple issues all at once I think you might like having a reliable monthly dose of FT.

In addition to the reliability a subscription imparts to your "supply chain" there's the fact that as a subscriber you have recourse if you miss an issue. Does your current arrangement provide sufficient confidence that you won't miss an issue or you can make up for a missed purchase?

I'm in Australia and I've never had a problem getting mine. I did get notification emails saying that delivery should be slower due to Covid, however I'm finding them arriving like clockwork. I have downloaded the app and have looked at one issue that way, though I always prefer the paper edition to browse through.

I'm still waiting for issue 394 and issue 395, although I was emailed saying they would arrive by seamail...

Hmm, thanks. I had one subscription for another magazine once and occasionally, even though only coming from Glasgow to London, there would be issues that didn't show up. I always like the ease and comfort of just buying from a shop but maybe now is the time to change approach.

I'm still waiting for issue 394 and issue 395, although I was emailed saying they would arrive by seamail...

Australian subscriber here, last one I received was June Issue #393 (Plague Doctor on the cover). In addition to them coming by sea, Australia Post is currently rubbish due to the pandemic. Have any Australian's received #394-#396?

Last one I have is May. Hope they catch up with the issues I'm missing.

Australian subscriber here, last one I received was June Issue #393 (Plague Doctor on the cover). In addition to them coming by sea, Australia Post is currently rubbish due to the pandemic. Have any Australian's received #394-#396?
Still waiting for issue # 394, and either it's still on its way via seamail, or Mothman has eaten it.

So Issue #394 - The Mengele Effect arrived, as has Issue #396 - Florida monster, but so far still no sign of Issue #395 - Alien Autopsy.

So Issue #394 - The Mengele Effect arrived, as has Issue #396 - Florida monster, but so far still no sign of Issue #395 - Alien Autopsy.
Are the people in charge of getting FT magazines to subscribers in time permanently stoned? .. I had no complaints with the couple of times I was a subscriber other than getting no free gifts but this seems to be a big problem for most people here. Why is that? .. (I was offered a free mag for one fuck up they did but I can't remember the details) .. good magazine but I doubt Amazon are losing any sleep on the shop floor to door stakes.

...I had no complaints with the couple of times I was a subscriber other than getting no free gifts but this seems to be a big problem for most people here. Why is that?...

Never got mine, either. On an individual level, the problem is a very minor one, and, to be honest I could forgive it if it just involved myself, or one or two others - but the issue seems to be systemic, and offering false inducements to enter into a financial contract is very dodgy ground. If I was just talking about myself, and one or two isolated examples, that might seem an over the top statement - but if the problem is as widespread and as consciously maintained as it seems then that's an entirely different matter.

Here in the States, I got 395 and 396 in my P.O. Box the same week - picked them up the same day - so there may have been a change in distribution from the very pandemic-slowed system used up to 395 and a more speedy (and closer to the old normal) system being used now.

Here in the States, I got 395 and 396 in my P.O. Box the same week - picked them up the same day - so there may have been a change in distribution from the very pandemic-slowed system used up to 395 and a more speedy (and closer to the old normal) system being used now.

International mail from the UK is utterly buggered and has been since the middle of March.

It has improved since then, but mail for me is taking four times longer than standard.

Any Australians received any issues after 396-Florida Sea Serpent? I’m currently 4 issues behind. None of my other subscriptions (BBC History and National Geographic) are still suffering delivery delays.

Any Australians received any issues after 396-Florida Sea Serpent? I’m currently 4 issues behind. None of my other subscriptions (BBC History and National Geographic) are still suffering delivery delays.
Still waiting for issues 397, 398, 399 and 400.

And yet my local newsagents has 397 on sale. Usually they’re a month behind my subscription.

True, but as I mentioned before, neither of my other overseas magazine subscriptions are still suffering these delivery delays. Why is Dennis so much worse than the others?
Voodoo?

My subscription is up and I can't keep trying to read it on a phone. Does anyone have an electronic subscription that is available on a PC? Don't have a tablet. Thx.

True, but as I mentioned before, neither of my other overseas magazine subscriptions are still suffering these delivery delays. Why is Dennis so much worse than the others?
I believe based on the wrapper of my old paper sub that they're shipped bulk to a distributor in the US who mails them. Might be the wrong distributor.

I believe based on the wrapper of my old paper sub that they're shipped bulk to a distributor in the US who mails them. Might be the wrong distributor.

You and I are North American subscribers. We receive our magazines through International Media Service (IMS), which services North America exclusively. DougalLongfoot is in Australia. I don't know how FT gets distributed to Australia.

You and I are North American subscribers. We receive our magazines through International Media Service (IMS), which services North America exclusively. DougalLongfoot is in Australia. I don't know how FT gets distributed to Australia.
Drop Bears deliver them.

Back