• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Subscription Problems

Does either of you know who handles distribution / delivery in Australia?

I can't recall, though I feel it comes direct from Denis themselves. I've not had one since early December so I must be due again any day now. I'll take note and report back.

Does either of you know who handles distribution / delivery in Australia?
Not off the top of my head, no. I know that Australia Post puts the magazine in my letterbox, but apart from an email early in the year saying stuff would be sent via seamail, and one issue turning up a few months later, I've heard nothing since...

I can't find any info about distribution channels on the FT / Dennis website. Whenever I renew my subscription I'm shunted to the IMS website rather than Dennis directly. I thought maybe you folks in Australia might also subscribe through an intermediary in the same way.

I got 398 this week so I think I have missed 397. Mine comes from a newsagent a couple of suburbs away.
I was surprised I got it as when I rang last week about a missing weekly magazine he said there was noone there to get the deliveries and I wouldn't get it this week either but It duly arrived.

Not off the top of my head, no. I know that Australia Post puts the magazine in my letterbox, but apart from an email early in the year saying stuff would be sent via seamail, and one issue turning up a few months later, I've heard nothing since...

pirates captured the mailship and are reading yer FTs.

How can my local newsagents be two issues ahead of my subscription (they've got 398 on display, last I received was 395, which actually arrived after 396)? Clearly the magazines are in the country so where the fuck are mine?

How can my local newsagents be two issues ahead of my subscription (they've got 398 on display, last I received was 395, which actually arrived after 396)? Clearly the magazines are in the country so where the fuck are mine?

I don't know, but ... My advice is to find out who's your national / regional distributor and contact them directly.

So issue #401 January 2021 turned up today. Still no sign of issues #397-#400. After a bit of to and fro with Dennis via email, they are extending my subscription.

I know the pandemic is making things tough for a lot of people, but I am still waiting for issues 397, 398 and 399 to arrive. Oddly enough, I do have issue 400...

I don't know, but ... My advice is to find out who's your national / regional distributor and contact them directly.

Yesterday I received issues 398 and 401 together. Here's the mailing cover that comes with the magazine (with my address removed):

fortean.jpg

Now today I find issue 399 in the letterbox. Stranger still, it's a Sunday and we have no mail delivery on weekends. Three issues have now arrived in one week.

Last edited:
Now today I find issue 400 in the letterbox. Stranger still, it's a Sunday and we have no mail delivery on weekends. Three issues have now arrived in one week.
Just like that old Gypsy woman said!

Last edited:
Now today I find issue 399 in the letterbox. Stranger still, it's a Sunday and we have no mail delivery on weekends. Three issues have now arrived in one week.
Being delivered by bus drivers.

Who can say? Though I'll be bloody well surprised, shocked and awed if my last missing issue is in the letterbox today!

It turned up yesterday! After months, FT397 (October 2020) has finally arrived and I'm finally up to date. That's 4 magazines over the course of 7 days. Stranger things have happened I know, but not by much.

I'm waiting for issue 402 to arrive. Hopefully soon, and not in four months time...

I know the pandemic is making things tough for a lot of people, but I am still waiting for issues 397, 398 and 399 to arrive. Oddly enough, I do have issue 400...
My copies of 397, 398, 399 and 401 arrived today....

I just visited my P.O. box for the first time in about 10 days to find numbers 399 and 401. Hopefully the gaps in that sequence will be filled shortly.

Well, I checked my collection and it looks like only 400 is missing from the sequence now. I think the COVID-related delays experienced for the last few months shortened after 400. If 400 and 402 come together soon I'll be back to the old familiar 2 month delay.

Have any other overseas subscribers - especially in the USA - experienced a skip of 400 so far?

Back