• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Subscription Problems

if your digital subscription is with Zinio, they release the file on retail selling day.

Any U.S. Subscribers here? If so have you received issue 334?

if your digital subscription is with Zinio, they release the file on retail selling day.

Are there any other platforms which sell the FT, aside from Zinio? I would like to improve my range and experience of zines in electronic format.

Are there any other platforms which sell the FT, aside from Zinio? I would like to improve my range and experience of zines in electronic format.
I believe Applestore still carries it. There may be others.

Wow the ManagemyMags website is beyond awful. I had to try a number of browsers to even get it to work.

It doesn't recognise my AccountID from the letter I got sent to renew, okay it might be wrong, I'm used to the offer code always being wrong and I have to beg the subs folks for my 'free' gift, so then it gives you the option to search for it, only it doesn't list Fortean Times on there.

Presumably this is intended to discourage long time subscribers from continuing to receive the magazine?

Wow the ManagemyMags website is beyond awful. I had to try a number of browsers to even get it to work.

It doesn't recognise my AccountID from the letter I got sent to renew, okay it might be wrong, I'm used to the offer code always being wrong and I have to beg the subs folks for my 'free' gift, so then it gives you the option to search for it, only it doesn't list Fortean Times on there.

Presumably this is intended to discourage long time subscribers from continuing to receive the magazine?

The same is happening to me. I fear that I will have to give up my subscription. I even tried to make a new one (the price is the same!?!) but it didn't work. I guess that I'll have to come back to my monthly visits to W H Smith...

Oh that's interesting, I've emailed [email protected] but as yet no reply.

Does one of the mods have Dr Sutton's email to let him know to give this shower a none too friendly prod?

Response just popped in:

Thank you for your email. Currently we are in the process of moving to a new customer service provider.

During this transition we are unable to access your subscription details, and as a result there will be a delay in our response. Your email is very important to us and we aim to respond in detail within 3 weeks at the latest.

We’re really sorry for the inconvenience, please bear with us. As a result of this change our service to you should improve considerably. If you are already a subscriber your magazine should arrive as scheduled.

Please do not reply to this email as this is an automated response.

Many thanks

Your New Customer Care Team

WHSmiths it is then....

Had to phone up again about my missing #356, and was told they were moving to a different distributor so things should work out soon. I suppose they have a few teething troubles? Also, the phone number in the mag is out of date - wish I'd remembered Shady's post above about the new one!

I got through on the number above and was told the renewals system was down. They have my details but I'm not hopeful.

Stay optimistic, I got my issue this month. OK, it was after I phoned up, and it was for the second time in two months, but with a little bit of luck the organisation side will succeed.

Just got this:

Customer Number:
Thank you for your email regarding Fortean Times.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your enquiry and for any inconvenience caused.

I can confirm that the June issue has been sent from our office today and this should arrive within 3 working days.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide a replacement copy for the missing July issue and I can confirm that your account has now been extended by one week to compensate for this.
If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards

After the faff I had with the website and the rather discouraging email I was half tempted to just buy when I was passing Smiths as I mentioned above. That said having finally caved in and phoned and left my details I was told to expect an email once everything was sorted out, nothing yet.

I've just noticed that the last issue I have is July...should I have received August yet? I'm sure it should be here by now...

I've just noticed that the last issue I have is July...should I have received August yet? I'm sure it should be here by now...

Yes, #356 is August, with the Cottingley Fairies on the cover. Looks like the subs gremlins got you too. Oh, the humanity!

Yes, #356 is August, with the Cottingley Fairies on the cover. Looks like the subs gremlins got you too. Oh, the humanity!
Ss2qt.jpg

Dammit thought as much.

Got an autoreply back from the email address, they will be in touch in three weeks. Three weeks! That's utter rubbish.

Sorry for double-post...but...

Just rang the number that Shady provided above, I was on hold for about ten minutes (and their phone waiting system isn't working very well - I was second in the queue with an estimated '41 second wait time' for all of those ten minutes..) but I eventually spoke to someone who ran off, found a copy of the August issue, said he was 'putting it in a brown envelope and sending it first class', and was very apologetic.

Can't ask for more than that really :nods:

Same experience as me, Carlos! It arrived the next day.

Yep, my 356 arrived on Friday in the promised brown envelope, as did 357 in its normal plastic sheath!

Back