• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Suggestions About Re-Organisation: Move & Merge Requests

MercuryCrest said:
We have no less than 3 (actually 4, I think, but I'm not sure where the other is) Jack the Ripper threads that could probably be merged:
Ha ha! I thought of posting a sarcastic comment on that, but since JTR doesn't really interest me I didn't bother.

Especially as other suggestions I make are often ignored anyway.
What about Aviation Accidents, eh? EH? :twisted:

On pages 2 and 3 of Earth Mysteries - the land, Mahajahck has posted about a dozen consecutive stories with titles like "The Radioactive and Explosive Stones That Come From Sea", mostly posted on 5/7/2013.

Not sure if this is accidental multiple posting, spam, or what! But it needs sorting one way or another!

No idea what happened there! All identical threads bar one now removed (they weren't there the other day..someone would have noticed by now, especially as they were all dated July '13. )

It's got to be a database glitch. Wait til it's done its overnight stuff then I'll look at his post count again..

It used to be the case that people starting a new thread were requested (via the FTMB Guidelines) to provide at least a paragraph about the topic, and not just a bare URL link to some article. (I doesn't take much effort to copy/paste a short excerpt.)

Has this requirement been dropped, because it doesn't appear to be in the Guidelines now?

I ask because just this morning I found two new threads which consist of just a thread title, a short sentence and a link to somewhere else:

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... 02#1458802

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... 96#1458796

I need more than this to pique my interest!

People are posting about Ebola in the WTF! thread, although we already have an Ebola thread.

I hereby object to tidiness and organisation.

What about those who hanker for the random and discord?

I demand you start pushing stuff all over the place!!!

Embrace Chaos.

Back