• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Dog That Turned Into Green Mist, Cows Standing On Hind Legs & Other Cases Of Gibbering Insanity

I believe the Kentucky Goblin thing really happened. :tongue:

Talking Dog?

I had an experience two or three days back which may fit this thread.

There are two dogs living in the apartment above my own - a six year old female and an eleven-month-old male puppy. The puppy is suffering from extreme separation anxiety. Whenever both humans are away (they are both university students) the dog sobs continuously (I'd originally assumed that I was hearing a human child) and drums on the floor with its paws - as many as 7500 beats per hoiur, hour after hour.

Noiw there are a lot of noises that don't bother me very much - barking (and drumming) dogs, crying babies, church bells, thunder. (Those that do include jackhammers, circular saws and mufflerless automobiles.)

But the day in question the drumming was louder than usual. I cupped my hands together and yelled up towards the ceiling - addressing the puppy by name and adding "BAD DOG!! BAD DOG!! BAD DOG!!"

This stopped the drumming for about 15 minutes at a time.

The final occasion, though. I was answered from above by a voice much too gutteral to have been human.

It said "NO! NO! NO!"

My supposition is that this was directed by the older dog to the puppy.

Either that or I've finally lost my mind.

Maybe you heard "woof woof woof" and it sounded like "no no no" through the floor?

Re: Talking Dog?

OldTimeRadio said:
The final occasion, though. I was answered from above by a voice much too gutteral to have been human.

It said "NO! NO! NO!"

On another thread, I've mentioned that my husband taught one of our cats to say "Hello." She says "No," also. And, worse, this week, the other cat has starting saying "Hello," too. Since our cats can manage these feats, I would imagine a dog could do so and more easily.

I remember reading in a book of strange stuff of a man in Louisville, Kentucky, in 1965, who found his back yard and garage roof had been covered with bags of cookies. There were no planes overhead and no planes reported a loss of yummy biscuits.

Whilst reading Bill Chalkers new book Hair of the Alien, I came across a rather odd tale related by Nobel Prize winning biochemist Kary Mullis. Mullis had a remote cabin in Mendocino County where he used to go pursue his work in peace. One evening as he was walking from his cabin to the outside toilet, he saw a glowing raccoon sitting beneath a fir tree.

"Good evening, doctor," said the raccoon politely.
"Hello," replied the astonished scientist.

The next thing he knew, it was morning and he was walking up to road to his cabin.

On another occasion, a friend of Mullis's who had come to visit him at his rural retreat encountered a tiny glowing man standing by the road. The man expanded to full size and announced "I'll see you tomorrow". The next day, Mullis's friend was shocked to see the full size man driving up the road to the cabin, and hastily fled the scene. The man turned out to be Mullis's elderly neighbour (who was presumably not in the habit of shrinking himself and glowing).

ElishevaBarsabe said:
OldTimeRadio said:

It said "NO! NO! NO!"

On another thread, I've mentioned that my husband taught one of our cats to say "Hello." She says "No," also. And, worse, this week, the other cat has starting saying "Hello," too. Since our cats can manage these feats, I would imagine a dog could do so and more easily.

I just don't trust animals - cute or not. :shock:

OldTimeRadio said:
I had an experience two or three days back which may fit this thread.

There are two dogs living in the apartment above my own - a six year old female and an eleven-month-old male puppy. The puppy is suffering from extreme separation anxiety. Whenever both humans are away (they are both university students) the dog sobs continuously (I'd originally assumed that I was hearing a human child) and drums on the floor with its paws - as many as 7500 beats per hoiur, hour after hour.

Noiw there are a lot of noises that don't bother me very much - barking (and drumming) dogs, crying babies, church bells, thunder. (Those that do include jackhammers, circular saws and mufflerless automobiles.)

But the day in question the drumming was louder than usual. I cupped my hands together and yelled up towards the ceiling - addressing the puppy by name and adding "BAD DOG!! BAD DOG!! BAD DOG!!"

This stopped the drumming for about 15 minutes at a time.

It said "NO! NO! NO!"

me and my girlfriend are the owners of a 7 month old shih tzu, who goes nuts at times, barking and making random noises, i recorded it on my mobile video phone thng and you can quite distinctly see her running twards me and then hear her say "bang bang!". wish i could find some way of making it into an mp3.

..hey this thread's veering off into shallow waters..

vlc is a great freeware mediaplayer that will play .3gp videos (& much more besides)

mac & windows.

http://www.videolan.org/

Whilst browing W.B Herbert's Railway Ghosts and Phantoms I came across a case which is surely too strange to fit within the conventional 'ghost' category.

In a nutshell, a husband and wife were travelling on the Ipswich train when - just as the train passed a church - the wife saw a dwarf "come up through the middle of the carriage floor", take a quick look at the church, then disappear into the floor again. (The husband saw nothing.)

I found this story particularly fascinating because a very similar thing happened to a casual acquaintance of mine many moons ago. One night while alone in his bedsit, an evil looking dwarf spiralled up through the floor, laughed at him maliciously, then disappeared into thin air!

The Suburban Spaceman is one of my favourites. But getting back to talking dogs - this from the Wonderdog chapter of Margaret Ronan's Strange Unsolved Mysteries. Could this be the self-same dog which had proved too much for Charles Fort?

The Case of the Speaking Dog

Two men in Pittsburgh swore they met such a dog on July 29, 1908. The men were out for a walk on Lincoln Avenue. An ordinary black dog trotted up to them, wagging its tail.

"Good Morning, " said the dog.

Aghast, the men looked at each other. Was one of them a ventriloquist playing a joke?

"Not at all," said the dog. "I speak for myself."

With that, the dog went on his way. Stunned and speechless, the men watched. Then one of them suddenly became angry.

"It's a trick," he shouted. "Let's grab that animal and find out how it's done!"

Leaving his friend, he ran after the dog. What happened next was reported to the policeman on the beat by the friend. The man who had chased the dog was too hysterical to make sense.

"He chased the dog, officer, and caught up with it. He was going to grab it when the creature said 'Don't touch me'. But he did, anyway - caught hold of one of its legs. Then he let out a terrible scream! The dog got away - but look at my poor friend's hand! "

He pried open the clenched fingers of the hysterical man's hand. A livid mark, patterned with an etching of dog hairs, was burned into the palm.

Might have gone in Dogheaded Men or Bipedal Cat Demons but as the closest species was unindentified it can go here:

A typical case from just before the pre-modern era was investigated by Dr Michele Clare and occurred in Rotherham, Yorkshire, during the winter of 1937.

The witness, Robert, was walking his dog along a dark lane near one of the coal pits that dot the area when he observed a strange figure running down a steep slope. It was evening, and dark, but the behaviour of the figure was recognizable as most unusual because it ran straight at a fence and went through it as if nothing were there.

This might at first sound like some sort of ghost story, except that the being passed within inches of Robert and was plainly not human (dead or alive). It was only just over five feet tall, covered in hair and had claw-like hands and feet. The head also appeared to be pointed. The figure continued its mad dash straight towards the railway line heading into Sheffield, and Robert's dog decided it had had enough and bolted home.

The description of the entity was rather like that of a popularized visitor from Hades: 'You look as if you've seen the devil!' his motherexclaimed when she first saw Robert's ashen face. 'I have' was all Robert need reply.

From Jenny Randles (1990) "Mind Monsters: Invaders From Inner Space" (page 37-8)/

A hybrid case of Reptoids indulging in MIB-like behaviour:
Location. Komsomolskoye, Crimea, Ukraine
Date: July 17 2005
Time: afternoon?
Victor Alexandrovich Zdorov (involved in other encounters) was at his office in this village east of the Simferopol Airport, when four strange humanoid creatures barged in. He described them as “reptoid” They were scaly and lizard like with four fingers on each hand. They surrounded Zdorov, who was sitting at his desk and blinking in disbelief. One entity pointed a scaly, clawed finger at him and hissed, “You know too much about UFOs.” The strange visitation came at the end of a series of UFO sightings by Zdorov the previous week.

source

Mighty_Emperor said:
Might have gone in Dogheaded Men or Bipedal Cat Demons but as the closest species was unindentified it can go here:

A typical case from just before the pre-modern era was investigated by Dr Michele Clare and occurred in Rotherham, Yorkshire, during the winter of 1937.

The witness, Robert, was walking his dog along a dark lane near one of the coal pits that dot the area when he observed a strange figure running down a steep slope. It was evening, and dark, but the behaviour of the figure was recognizable as most unusual because it ran straight at a fence and went through it as if nothing were there.

This might at first sound like some sort of ghost story, except that the being passed within inches of Robert and was plainly not human (dead or alive). It was only just over five feet tall, covered in hair and had claw-like hands and feet. The head also appeared to be pointed. The figure continued its mad dash straight towards the railway line heading into Sheffield, and Robert's dog decided it had had enough and bolted home.

The description of the entity was rather like that of a popularized visitor from Hades: 'You look as if you've seen the devil!' his motherexclaimed when she first saw Robert's ashen face. 'I have' was all Robert need reply.

From Jenny Randles (1990) "Mind Monsters: Invaders From Inner Space" (page 37-8).

And that reminds me of this:

An even stranger confrontation, reminiscent of many "UFO entity" cases occurred to a Mrs. Lister, then eighteen years old, one night in 1964. She was sitting with her husband-to-be in a parked car when they saw in the beam the headlights a creature hopping and leaping towards them. It passed through a triple-strand barbed wire fence as if it were as insubstantial as mist. Mrs. Lister screamed as the beast tried to grab her companion through a window. She felt hypnotized by its glowing eyes, as if she had "had a time lapse or like [she] was living in another time..." She could see that the creature was six feet tall, wide-shouldered, covered with yellowish fuzz, with a horrible head that was pointed at the top and narrow at the chin. Its brow was wrinkled, its ears and nose like a pig's, its eyes glowing orange, As she watched, it turned into another form: its hands became paws and it went down on all fours. Then it vanished into thin air.

From Harpur's "Daimonic Reality" page 77 (extracted and rewritten from the Bord's "The Bigfoot Casebook" 1982 page 71)

It's quite common for UFO witnesses to be told that they must have seen a balloon. But what are we to make of these tiny humanoids who really were flying around in a balloon?

Location. West Jefferson, Ohio
Date: Summer 1979
Time: morning

A truly mind-boggling report, as a couple sees a brilliant orange balloon-like object that swooped down by the back door of the house one nice summer morning. It seemed to deliberately go slowly, so that the couple ended up within touching distance of it. The basket of the balloon had three tiny man-like figures in it. One had on a black suit and the other two wore heavy black jackets with fur on them. The figure in the suit said with a very English accent, "And a good morning to you too." Then the basket rose rapidly up and out of sight.

source

This story (copied from some forum apparently) is pretty darn weird:
I'm new to these forums and your title 'Little People' caught my attention. I was really more interested in ghosts, but I have a kinda bad story to tell about little people. I saw some once. I'll describe one: About two and a half feet tall. Quite muscular. Had long hair. Was male-looking in the face but who knows? Was kinda wide/not fat/just wide. Was kinda curved in the back. Was not a midget/not human/more elf-looking. Had big hands with not enough fingers like the cartoon hands (don't laugh). Seemed to hop around and jump higher than normal/a lot higher. Had funny colored clothes/maybe not even clothes just a garment of some kind. Looked unhappy and maybe even mean.
I personally was scared because I was helping this guy in the woods in Canada where I spent that summer round several of these creatures up and bind their hands behind their back with rope and put them in the back of a van. Against their will.
This guy hired me to help him do this, and I'm not proud of what he did. He like pulled them out of this one certain place in the woods and we put them in his van and I think he shot them. No kidding. I know it's gross. Sorry. He took them out and around a shed where he wouldn't let me see and shot them.
I should have reported this. Now it's years ago. I didn't think they were quite human like us. So I guess I helped him kill them. He gave me the impression that he did this every year when they came out of this like hollow in the woods. They also had some sort of pets, like iguanas (no joke). They ran away when this guy took the little people away.

graylien said:
The Suburban Spaceman is one of my favourites. But getting back to talking dogs - this from the Wonderdog chapter of Margaret Ronan's Strange Unsolved Mysteries. Could this be the self-same dog which had proved too much for Charles Fort?

The Case of the Speaking Dog

Two men in Pittsburgh swore they met such a dog on July 29, 1908. The men were out for a walk on Lincoln Avenue. An ordinary black dog trotted up to them, wagging its tail.

"Good Morning, " said the dog.

Aghast, the men looked at each other. Was one of them a ventriloquist playing a joke?

"Not at all," said the dog. "I speak for myself."

With that, the dog went on his way. Stunned and speechless, the men watched. Then one of them suddenly became angry.

"It's a trick," he shouted. "Let's grab that animal and find out how it's done!"

Leaving his friend, he ran after the dog. What happened next was reported to the policeman on the beat by the friend. The man who had chased the dog was too hysterical to make sense.

"He chased the dog, officer, and caught up with it. He was going to grab it when the creature said 'Don't touch me'. But he did, anyway - caught hold of one of its legs. Then he let out a terrible scream! The dog got away - but look at my poor friend's hand! "

He pried open the clenched fingers of the hysterical man's hand. A livid mark, patterned with an etching of dog hairs, was burned into the palm.
Perhaps, but American newspapers in the early 20th century didn't have much in the way of journalistic integrity. In short, they often made stuff up. Makes it bloody difficult to isolate fact from fiction about that time period.

At least the dog was polite.

You're right, Username, that story could have been some elaborate fable of local politics, completely impossible to understand now.

Or just another case of a talking dog.

Bannik said:
This story (copied from some forum apparently) is pretty darn weird:
I'm new to these forums and your title 'Little People' caught my attention. I was really more interested in ghosts, but I have a kinda bad story to tell about little people. I saw some once. I'll describe one: About two and a half feet tall. Quite muscular. Had long hair. Was male-looking in the face but who knows? Was kinda wide/not fat/just wide. Was kinda curved in the back. Was not a midget/not human/more elf-looking. Had big hands with not enough fingers like the cartoon hands (don't laugh). Seemed to hop around and jump higher than normal/a lot higher. Had funny colored clothes/maybe not even clothes just a garment of some kind. Looked unhappy and maybe even mean.
I personally was scared because I was helping this guy in the woods in Canada where I spent that summer round several of these creatures up and bind their hands behind their back with rope and put them in the back of a van. Against their will.
This guy hired me to help him do this, and I'm not proud of what he did. He like pulled them out of this one certain place in the woods and we put them in his van and I think he shot them. No kidding. I know it's gross. Sorry. He took them out and around a shed where he wouldn't let me see and shot them.
I should have reported this. Now it's years ago. I didn't think they were quite human like us. So I guess I helped him kill them. He gave me the impression that he did this every year when they came out of this like hollow in the woods. They also had some sort of pets, like iguanas (no joke). They ran away when this guy took the little people away.

One of the weirdest stories ever. Even weirder if it's true.

I'm suprised the Ebbls haven't been mentioned in this thread. So, here they are.

Also, the first 3 cloaked beings stories here have always been favorites of mine.

From Japanese folklore comes the story of the youkai (spirit) known as Shirime (ass-eye):
http://squeep.com/~shoes/mizuki/mizukishirime.jpg
This youkai doesn't have much in the way of information: A long time ago, a samurai was walking in a park in Kyoto and saw a man undressing. The samurai called out "Hey! Hey! What are you doing?" The "man" continued undressing as the samurai came towards "him." As the samurai approached,the unclothed man turned around, stuck his butt in the air and the samurai came face to fa...er...butt with a giant eye! The samurai, royally freaked out, turned and ran (brave guy that he was...he bravely ran away). That is all the information on the "butt-eye"
Source.
(Who says it has to be modern to count as high strangeness? ;) ).

E.T entity

I remember reading an account given by a woman in which...

Her and her family were sitting in their living room, when an "E.T" type (entity) alien, appeared in the room, I think she said something about her father being religiously scared by the creature.
I'm sure she said, that they "through a net over it and dragged it out of the house".

I can't remember the womans name or much else about the report.
Does anyone have any more information on this?

By sheer chance I was reading Bord's Unexplained Mysteries of the 20th Century yesterday, and this account appears in it. If I remember I'll try to look it up again.

Back