• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'The Great Global Warming Swindle': Is Climate Change A Myth?

Well, if I channel my inner conspiracy theorist, (fancy that - a pejorative term for myself) rationing areas by limiting supplies of power on a rota basis should the grid be overwhelmed.
This from eon…

What are Rota Load Disconnections (RLD)?​

You may have seen news reports that Britain could be facing planned emergency power cuts this winter (also called ‘blackouts’) to help manage the national electricity supply. These will only occur when the government and National Grid agree that there is no other alternative and will be phased across the country so different locations are without power at different times.

The nationwide electricity network is split into areas or ‘blocks’, each of which is identified by a single letter from A to V. To spread the load, a rota system has been created by the National Grid and the government which would mean areas are disconnected for up to 3 hours at a time. These are also known as Rota Load Disconnections (RLD).

I’m assuming eon next is a spoof alarmist website.
https://www.eonnext.com/planned-emergency-power-cuts

I think @Kondoru is saying that she has little control over, for example, gasoline usage due to her rural living, but has more direct control over purchasing clothing. Therefore, why have simple measures such as these not been put forward as much as the talk of decreasing automobile/gas usage?

And the idea that jobs will be lost, mmmm. Much of the "fashion" industry manufactures cheap clothing that doesn't even last a year. And the manufacturers generally use the cheapest labour possible, so these jobs don't really provide anything near a livable wage to the workers.

The manufacturing processes are generally not environmentally friendly and thus are farmed out to third world countries who have no strict laws protecting their people from the poisons and waste that is produced. These same third world peoples then have to deal with the harmful detritus of the clothing manufacturing sector.

And our clothing manufacturing sectors don't have to address any environmental issues. They have pushed that responsibility to the third world countries.

We used to make clothing in Canada decades ago, now. The clothes lasted.

Now, in the race to the bottom, our clothes are made in China, Indonesia, Bangladesh, and India. These jobs are not for the betterment of society, but for corporate profits. Nothing more.

Exactly.

Gok Wan claims that up to one third of womens clothing is never worn.

If we cut that lot out...would we even be missing anything?

Or we can make our own.

To paraphrase James Bond: That is a beautiful dress that you are almost wearing.

What I ponder about is why is the government so desperate for us to all have smart meters. They say it's for our own benefit. Since when has any government spent shed loads of money for our benefit?
Exactly this. Why the almost desperate headlong rush, when payments are made to energy companies for installing these meters and fines levied if they don't achieve targets? Is it believed that the population are unable to comprehend how much much energy they are using without a digital readout sat in front of their face or (with tinfoil hat firmly in place) is there a more nefarious reason? I don't get it at all.

Well, if I channel my inner conspiracy theorist, (fancy that - a pejorative term for myself) rationing areas by limiting supplies of power on a rota basis should the grid be overwhelmed.
This from eon…

What are Rota Load Disconnections (RLD)?​

You may have seen news reports that Britain could be facing planned emergency power cuts this winter (also called ‘blackouts’) to help manage the national electricity supply. These will only occur when the government and National Grid agree that there is no other alternative and will be phased across the country so different locations are without power at different times.

https://www.eonnext.com/planned-emergency-power-cuts
They also said this last winter didn't they?

Edit: Yes, here you go - October 2022;

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ng-for-emergencies.66986/page-10#post-2215650

Last edited:
Shhhh. You'll start the whole 'What did the Romans ever do for us?' vibe.
Don't you know that gub'mints are all evil/part of the NWO/out to turn us into mindless zombies etc.?
It's getting so bad that I can't use the internet to post to the Fortean message board without them tracking my every thought.

Actually I always thought that the rollout of smart meters is mostly funded by suppliers, which pass on some or all of their costs to energy consumers.

There aren't more hurricanes these days

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the US Federal Agency for all things climate, [stated] last week:

‘There is no strong evidence of century-scale increasing trends in US landfalling hurricanes or major hurricanes. Similarly for Atlantic basin-wide hurricane frequency (after adjusting for changing observing capabilities over time), there is not strong evidence for an increase since the late 1800s in hurricanes, major hurricanes, or the proportion of hurricanes that reach major hurricane intensity.’

https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warming-and-hurricanes/

maximus otter

NHS, Schools, Roads etc, most government spending is to the benefit of the population
Spending on all of those is being cut back. Also those were introduced way back in time when society was very different.

Modern governments seem to only introduce something that claims to be for our benefit that saves us money but usually ends up costing people more. Net Zero being a perfect example.

How would they know that? They know what power is being used but not the components that are using it, and why would they want to know? As data it's pretty useless to them
There are a number of companies around who maintain that they can interpret power usage for advertising and marketing purposes. So the data is not useless to them.

Well- it had to happen eventually. I think today (21 Mar 2024) might be the day when 'Climate Change' broke.

I would seriously recommend that you watch all 1hr21mins of Ivor Cummin's substantial climate change debunk documentary.

You're welcome. And I'm truly-sorry if this shatters your worldview.

ps it's getting 2k+ watches per hour, but that is accelerating.
pps the excellent documentary isn't actually Ivor's: he is (deservedly) just introducing it (the tour de force is written & directed by Martin Durkin)
ppps now we need to consider: what has really been going on?

Last edited:
My take.

So its going to get hotter than what we're tooled up for...and the oceans will warm up producing more volatility in climate...flora will alter, and fauna will need to get smaller for easier heat dissipation as we progress out of the Cenezoic ice age.

So we don't need to stop pumping crude out of the middle east, and America can continue on with its shared duopoly. We can still produce internal combustion engines and use coal to create energy for us to consume.

We can continue with our gluttonous consumption with our plastic products from our hydrocarbon industry that have a deliberate planned obsolescence built in...

We don't need to have solar panels and banks, or focus on renewable energy sources because we have all our coal deposits to utilise...and when that's finished we have gas to rely on.

Okay, I'll get serious now.

These erudite people are not saying that there is nothing to worry about, just that we have not been told the complete truth, and that it is a normal part of the cycle.

What we've been led to believe is that what is/will happen is the consequences of the Anthropocene, and that Carbon and mankind is the culprit.

What we haven't been told is that The science about green house gases and Infra Red wavelength is correct - and normal for the situation.

SO...

It's business as usual and lets tax the shit out of Carbon in any form, and, let's pass on any taxes levelled at Industry, and at the same time, lets distract the population with polarising any little aspect of humanity possible so that they squabble amongst themselves as much as possible.

Which means to me that mainstream science connected to our various Governments and N.G.O.'s are not to be trusted.

I think I'll go and have a shower...

You can't trust science, you can't trust gub'mint, you can't trust religion, you can't trust family or friends ...
Why bother living at all. THEY are all out to get YOU - personally - because despite being one component of millions, YOU are essential to THEM.
When distrust and hate are the only things that motivate you then you should take a long hard look at yourself. Because that is all you care about.

You can't trust science, you can't trust gub'mint, you can't trust religion, you can't trust family or friends ...
Why bother living at all. THEY are all out to get YOU - personally - because despite being one component of millions, YOU are essential to THEM.
When distrust and hate are the only things that motivate you then you should take a long hard look at yourself. Because that is all you care about.
I don't always trust gub'mint, local authorities, large companies et al, simply due to experience and knowing it's not personal. I don't hate them and it's not what motivates me it's simply that I don't necessarily take what they say at face value. On several occasions I've overturned their "final" decision. It's naive to think that these organisations have your best interest at heart - they don't - and that what they say is the undisputable "truth". It's always been like that and it's unlikely that the system will change. But it's much better in the UK than it is in other countries.

I neither trust nor distrust the government. It just is.
But I don't blanket distrust everything they claim. I examine and question each individual item on it's own merits.
I have to add: we have to do this because in appointing or using authorities greater than us, a certain amount of trust is necessary. You don't buy a guard dog and bark yourself.

Last edited:
My take.

So its going to get hotter than what we're tooled up for...and the oceans will warm up producing more volatility in climate...flora will alter, and fauna will need to get smaller for easier heat dissipation as we progress out of the Cenezoic ice age.

So we don't need to stop pumping crude out of the middle east, and America can continue on with its shared duopoly. We can still produce internal combustion engines and use coal to create energy for us to consume.

We can continue with our gluttonous consumption with our plastic products from our hydrocarbon industry that have a deliberate planned obsolescence built in...

We don't need to have solar panels and banks, or focus on renewable energy sources because we have all our coal deposits to utilise...and when that's finished we have gas to rely on.

Okay, I'll get serious now.

These erudite people are not saying that there is nothing to worry about, just that we have not been told the complete truth, and that it is a normal part of the cycle.

What we've been led to believe is that what is/will happen is the consequences of the Anthropocene, and that Carbon and mankind is the culprit.

What we haven't been told is that The science about green house gases and Infra Red wavelength is correct - and normal for the situation.

SO...

It's business as usual and lets tax the shit out of Carbon in any form, and, let's pass on any taxes levelled at Industry, and at the same time, lets distract the population with polarising any little aspect of humanity possible so that they squabble amongst themselves as much as possible.

Which means to me that mainstream science connected to our various Governments and N.G.O.'s are not to be trusted.

I think I'll go and have a shower...
Myself, I would only point out, that it only makes for good sound sense to counter out all the things that we are all now aware of, when it comes to things that are/or can be, harmful to all of us - nature has provided us all with the wonderful stuff, it only makes sense to protect and try our best to remove as much of the bad stuff as we possibly can, simply because we now have the know-how and the ability to do so.

Exactly.

Gok Wan claims that up to one third of womens clothing is never worn.

If we cut that lot out...would we even be missing anything?

Or we can make our own.
The Guardian are so quick to attack meat eating but never mention this and will bang on about how much "scarce*" water livestock require but not that it takes 1,800 US gallons to make a pair a jeans

(not f*cking scarce here in Cornwall this winter)

Well- it had to happen eventually. I think today (21 Mar 2024) might be the day when 'Climate Change' broke.

I would seriously recommend that you watch all 1hr21mins of Ivor Cummin's substantial climate change debunk documentary.

You're welcome. And I'm truly-sorry if this shatters your worldview.

ps it's getting 2k+ watches per hour, but that is accelerating.
pps the excellent documentary isn't actually Ivor's: he is (deservedly) just introducing it (the tour de force is written & directed by Martin Durkin)
ppps now we need to consider: what has really been going on?

How long before YouTube bans it?
Probably wise to download your own copy!

At first I was a bit sceptical, as the main talking heads were Chinese or American and I thought that the two countries blamed for the most pollution would say that wouldn't they?
But when we had Scandinavian and Israeli scientists, not to mention the co-founder of Greenpeace all saying look at the science rather than blindly following the climate change narrative, I did find the argument quite compelling.
The persecution and cancellation of any scientists daring to challenge the narrative, was particularly chilling.
I eagerly await Ms Thunberg's response (if she hasn't spontaneously combusted yet)!

Back