• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The HAARP Project

Strangest thing happened when I was reading the article attached to the link provided by DrPLee, my monitor switched itself off and then on again!

I think the government are after me! Now where did I put that tinfoil hat.............. :lol:

Bumping, because I went past an electricity power station today that loked like the HAARP and it made me smile.

No other reason.

Um...yeah... *cough*.... Nothing to do with it....

(Been a fan for 10 years, you?)

Muse reveal new stage show secrets

Matt Bellamy tallks through his grand concept

Nov 8, 2006

Muse frontman Matt Bellamy has explained their most ambitious show yet was inspired by his belief that the government are brainwashing us.

Hitting the road in Aberdeen (November 6), the frontman told NME.COM that he based the outlandish set on a secret base that the authorities used to influence the behaviour of the world’s population.

The set is based on the second page of the album ('Black Holes And Revelations') artwork,” explained Bellamy. “There’s a picture of a HAARP installation which stands for High-Frequency Active Aural Research Programme. It's some weird brainwashing thing the government have installed in Alaska which basically shoots out these microwaves into the atmosphere and keeps us all docile, keeps our reality into one little narrow beam.”

However, replicating the shady contraption didn’t come cheap.

I think we’ve pretty much spent all the money so you can safely say we’ve done a good job of being excessive with the gear. We’ve pushed it a little bit further. There’s these two large pylons that have got these electrical beams that go between them. We wanted another massive one in the middle of the crowd but that one cost about half a million quid so we had to cut it!”

Source: http://www.nme.com/news/muse/25021

:)p)

I bought a vintage FT off ebay this week, it has a small feature on the HAARP project. I particularly like the quote:

"HAARP must be the least secret secret weapon ever created"

Hahahaha, so true....

Has anyone read anything yet linking HAARP to the recent Chinese earthquake?

HAARP?

I was wondering if any body has covered the ongoing impact of HAARP- there are those who link HAARP with earthquakes and other issues- certainly Putin wrote to the US of Russia's concerns.

I apologise if this has already been covered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcHPAR_5TEc

Felicity

I was concerned this may be linked with an incident here in Australia where the strength of the transmission was in excess of that need by Optus or Telstra- we happened to be involved in a Supreme court case at the time battling a high voltage power line and the same scientist who denied our concerns was on the Committee for these standards and pushed them through.

I had heard they could facilitate the transmission of Ultra Low Sound Frequencies which could impact on people's energy... and HAARP was mentioned- hence the humming.

An excerpt indirectly related to this:

Subliminally, a much more powerful technology was at work: a sophisticated electronic system to 'speak' directly to the mind of the listener, to alter and entrain his brainwaves, to manipulate his brain's electroencephalographic (EEG) patterns and artificially implant negative emotional states -- feelings of fear, anxiety, despair and hopelessness. This subliminal system doesn't just tell a person to feel an emotion, it makes them feel it; it implants that emotion in their minds." The mind-altering mechanism is based on a subliminal carrier technology: the Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS), sometimes called "S-quad" or "Squad." It was developed by Dr Oliver Lowery of Norcross, Georgia, and is described in US Patent #5,159,703 "Silent Subliminal Presentation System" dated October 27, 1992. According to literature by Silent Sounds, Inc., it is now possible, using supercomputers, to analyse human emotional EEG patterns and replicate them, then store these "emotion signature clusters" on another computer and, at will, "silently induce and change the emotional state in a human being."

This is of concern with the exposure of youth to wireless connection on their computers...

Would be interested if this thread has been covered.

Felicity

Felicity said:

An excerpt indirectly related to this:

Subliminally, a much more powerful technology was at work: a sophisticated electronic system to 'speak' directly to the mind of the listener, to alter and entrain his brainwaves, to manipulate his brain's electroencephalographic (EEG) patterns and artificially implant negative emotional states -- feelings of fear, anxiety, despair and hopelessness. This subliminal system doesn't just tell a person to feel an emotion, it makes them feel it; it implants that emotion in their minds." The mind-altering mechanism is based on a subliminal carrier technology: the Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS), sometimes called "S-quad" or "Squad." It was developed by Dr Oliver Lowery of Norcross, Georgia, and is described in US Patent #5,159,703 "Silent Subliminal Presentation System" dated October 27, 1992. According to literature by Silent Sounds, Inc., it is now possible, using supercomputers, to analyse human emotional EEG patterns and replicate them, then store these "emotion signature clusters" on another computer and, at will, "silently induce and change the emotional state in a human being."

You wouldn't happen to have a link, or reference, for that excerpt, would you?

Pietro-
Here is the preliminary paragraph, I'll have to copy and paste the links on a later response as every time I go back I lose what I have just done in my response-
technologically compromised as I am!

he March 23, 1991 ITV news brief "High-Tech Psychological Warfare Arrives in the Middle East" describes a US Psychological Operations (PsyOps) tactic directed against Iraqi troops in Kuwait during Operation Desert Storm. The maneuver consisted of a system in which subliminal mind-altering technology was carried on standard radio frequency broadcasts. The March 26, 1991 news brief states that among the standard military planning groups in the centre of US war planning operations at Riyadh was "an unbelievable and highly classified PsyOps program utilizing 'silent sound' techniques." The opportunity to use this method occurred when Saddam Hussein's military command-and-control system was destroyed. The Iraqi troops were then forced to use commercial FM radio stations to carry encoded commands, which were broadcast on the 100 MHz frequency. The US PsyOps team set up its own portable FM transmitter, utilising the same frequency, in the deserted city of Al Khafji. This US transmitter overpowered the local Iraqi station. Along with patriotic and religious music, PsyOps transmitted "vague, confusing and contradictory military orders and information."

Felicity

Physicist: HAARP Manipulates Time

A brilliant physicist published a revolutionary paper citing 30 other scientific papers that reveal HAARP has incredible powers far beyond what most investigators of the high frequency energy technology suspect. Dr. Fran De Aquino asserts a fully functional HAARP network, activated globally, can not only affect weather and geophysical events, but influence space and gravity…even time itself! Now the network is almost complete with the activation of the newest HAARP facilities at the bottom of the world: the desolate and alien Antarctic. Will the masters of HAARP become the masters of time too?

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/2167/703 ... _Time.html

:shock:

Who says Dr. Fran De Aquino is a brilliant physicist? ;)
A google on his name turns up dozens of reports on the HAARP story, but mostly on fringe or conspiracy websites (including David Icke's).

One webpage that doesn't mention HAARP (not directly) is de Aquinos own:
http://www.frandeaquino.org/

He feels it necessary to kick off with this quote:
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

- probably because his work strays from the mainstream. Headings on the page include:

- Quantization of Gravity
- Mathematical Foundations of the Relativistic Theory of Quantum Gravity
Gravity Control by means of Electromagnetic Field through Gas or Plasma at Ultra-Low Pressure
- Physical Foundations of Quantum Psychology
- The Gravitational Spacecraft
- DuracapTM 86103: a Feasible for producing Gravitational Shieldings
- Possibility of controlled nuclear fusion by means of Gravity Control
- High-power ELF radiation generated by modulated HF heating of the ionosphere can cause Earthquakes, Cyclones and localized heating
- The Universal Quantum Fluid
- Beyond the Material Universe
- Transmission of DNA Genetic Information into Water by means of Electromagnetic Fields of Extremely-low Frequency

etc...

He takes pains to mention that some of these are published in peer-reviewed journals (but others are not).

He's written a book (in Portugese only) on
Physics of Miracles
Unification of Science and Religion in the explanation of the miracles phenomenon by means of Quantum Physics

and a couple more on the physics of UFOs and of Spirits.

Quite a Fortean character!

Shut down in May? I'm sure Alex Jones blamed it for at least one hurricane/earthquake since then...

HAARP Facility Shuts Down

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) — a subject of fascination for many hams and the target of conspiracy theorists and anti-government activists — has closed down. HAARP’s program manager, Dr James Keeney at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico, told ARRL that the sprawling 35-acre ionospheric research facility in remote Gakona, Alaska, has been shuttered since early May.

“Currently the site is abandoned,” he said. “It comes down to money. We don’t have any.” Keeney said no one is on site, access roads are blocked, buildings are chained and the power turned off. HAARP’s website through the University of Alaska no longer is available; Keeney said the program can’t afford to pay for the service. “Everything is in secure mode,” he said, adding that it will stay that way at least for another 4 to 6 weeks. In the meantime a new prime contractor will be coming on board to run the government owned-contractor operated (GOCO) facility.

HAARP put the world on notice two years ago that it would be shutting down and did not submit a budget request for FY 15, Keeney said, “but no one paid any attention.” Now, he says, they’re complaining. “People came unglued,” Keeney said, noting that he’s already had inquiries from Congress. Universities that depended upon HAARP research grants also are upset, he said.

The only bright spot on HAARP’s horizon right now is that the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is expected on site as a client to finish up some research this fall and winter. DARPA has nearly $8.8 million in its FY 14 budget plan to research “physical aspects of natural phenomena such as magnetospheric sub-storms, fire, lightning and geo-physical phenomena.”

The proximate cause of HAARP’s early May shutdown was less fiscal than environmental, Keeney said. As he explained it, the diesel generators on site no longer pass Clean Air Act muster. Repairing them to meet EPA standards will run $800,000. Beyond that, he said, it costs $300,000 a month just to keep the facility open and $500,000 to run it at full capacity for 10 days.

Jointly funded by the US Air Force Research Laboratory and the US Naval Research Laboratory, HAARP is an ionospheric research facility. Its best-known apparatus is its 3.6 MW HF (approximately 3 to 10 MHz) ionospheric research instrument (IRI), feeding an extensive system of 180 gain antennas and used to “excite” sections of the ionosphere. Other onsite equipment is used to evaluate the effects.

Larry Ledlow, N1TX, of Fairbanks, Alaska, said HAARP ionosonde and riometer data have been “invaluable, especially being more or less local, to understand current conditions in the high latitudes.” He said data from other sites “simply do not accurately reflect the unique propagation we endure here.”

To fill the gap, Ledlow said, several members of the Arctic Amateur Radio Club — including Eric Nichols, KL7AJ, author of Radio Science for the Radio Amateur and articles in QST — have discussed building their own instruments. “It’s all very preliminary,” he said, “but we really feel the pinch losing HAARP.” Nichols, of North Pole, Alaska, has conducted experiments at HAARP. He called the shutdown “a great loss to interior Alaska hams and many others.”

The ultra-high power facility long has intrigued hams, even outside of Alaska. In 1997, HAARP transmitted test signals on HF (3.4 MHz and 6.99 MHz) and solicited reports from hams and short-wave listeners in the “Lower 48” to determine how well the HAARP transmissions could be heard to the south. In 2007 HAARP succeeded in bouncing a 40 meter signal off the moon. Earlier this year, HAARP scientists successfully produced a sustained high-density plasma cloud in Earth’s upper atmosphere.

As things stand, the Air Force has possession for now, but if no other agency steps forward to take over HAARP, the unique facility will be dismantled, Keeney said. He pointed out that it would cost less to bulldoze the antenna field than it would to replace the 180 antennas.

Splashy web postings abound, blaming HAARP for controlling the weather — most recently in the case of Hurricane Sandy and the spate of tornados — and for causing other natural disasters. Quipped Keeney, “If I actually could affect the weather, I’d keep it open.”

http://www.arrl.org/news/view/haarp-facility-shuts-down

As he explained it, the diesel generators on site no longer pass Clean Air Act muster. Repairing them to meet EPA standards will run $800,000.

So the masters of the world have been brought down by environmental regulations? :lol:

IamSundog said:
As he explained it, the diesel generators on site no longer pass Clean Air Act muster. Repairing them to meet EPA standards will run $800,000.

So the masters of the world have been brought down by environmental regulations? :lol:

I imagine they've concluded it is producing nothing useful and the cost of updating/replacing the generators is a sufficient reason to terminate the project. I do much the same, albeit in a many times smaller scale - natural human curiosity invites us to prod and poke at things that don't seem to be doing anything but might be useful if only you could get them to do what you want, but after a while if you get nowhere you get bored and toss it in the trash. (Or in the shed for another go later!)

HAARP was basically a giant finger for prodding the atmosphere.

sherbetbizarre said:
Shut down in May? I'm sure Alex Jones blamed it for at least one hurricane/earthquake since then...
Shut down, or "pretend shut down while secretly ramped up to full power"!

Cochise said:
I imagine they've concluded it is producing nothing useful and the cost of updating/replacing the generators is a sufficient reason to terminate the project.

I prefer to imagine our reptilian overlords right on the verge of world domination through control of the weather, our thoughts, and the space/time continuum itself, getting derailed by some dweeb with thick-rimmed glasses and a clipboard from the EPA.

Wait - I bet the EPA guy is actually a Pleidian in disguise. And this is just another skirmish in the intergalactic war for the soul of humankind. The saga continues!

The shutdown is reported to be only a temporary one, with the facility having been shuttered sometime between late May and mid-June.

“It was a surprise to all of us to hear it was shutting down,” said Dr. Bill Bristow, a professor of electrical engineering at UAF.

Air Force officials are hopeful that the facility would open and resume operations in mid-August. DARPA currently has a sizeable funding bloc allocated for additional ionospheric research in the fall of 2013, so it will likely have to be open for that research.

The shuttering of HAARP has apparently arisen from a contractor regime change. The facility’s operations were previously administered by Kaktovik Inupiat Corp. subsidiary -- and 8(a) contractor -- Marsh Creek, LLC. Reportedly in talks to take over the contract is regional Alaska Native corporation Ahtna, which oversees the area of Gakona, where HAARP is located.

Neither Marsh Creek nor Ahtna returned requests for comment Wednesday.

Former UAF Geophysical Institute director Dr. Roger Smith described the shutdown as the result of an “inter-contract period.” He added that such contractor changes aren’t uncommon when it comes to operating research stations.

The uncertainty surrounding when exactly Ahtna might plan to step in to reopen the facility is a bit unusual, though. Still, there’s some kind of deadline that seems certain to see the facility resume operations later this year, at least temporarily.

“I understand that ... DARPA intends to run a campaign this fall, so the facility will be open for that,” Smith said. “So the notion that it is completely closed down is not quite correct, though it is certainly not operational at the moment.”

Though HAARP is continually manned and maintained when operational, there aren’t always experiments being conducted at the facility.

“HAARP doesn’t operate continually,” said Dr. Brenton Watkins, professor emeritus of physics at UAF. “It operates in a ‘campaign’ mode with kind of two-week periods of activity. I’ve been involved in every operational campaign for -- I think -- the last five years.”

He said that though the facility being closed in the summer time is better for the equipment inside than if the heat were shut off in the winter, he still can’t get in to conduct maintenance on the equipment he works with. He said that he primarily works with a "diagnostic radar" intended to better understand experiments as they're conducted.

Despite the optimism that the facility would reopen in the coming weeks or months, there remain some troubling questions about the future of HAARP. The ARRL reported that there was no budget request for HAARP in the 2015 fiscal year, which starts Oct. 1, 2014, and that the facility’s diesel generators are in need of upgrades that could end up costing in excess of $500,000 to meet Environmental Protection Agency Clean Air Act requirements.

The uncertainty about HAARP’s future could also signal a fading interest on the part of the U.S. military in continued HAARP research projects, perhaps due to a lack of viable defense applications. Wired Magazine reported in 2009 that HAARP cost about $10 million each year to operate, and noted that military officials were getting antsy as early as 1999 about turning HAARP into a viable military research installation -- “...the Pentagon wanted to know when its overpriced conspiracy-magnet would produce that battle-ready technology they'd been promised,” wrote Noah Shachtman.
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/2 ... ack-online

The US Senate had a hearing about HAARP's future on May 14th 2014.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX3IOHpe6sY

Perhaps there's something to the weather modification theories after all.
I don't think it's necessarily weather modifications they used it for. Perhaps it was to control the use of the ionosphere for radio traffic/waves and be able to stop radio traffic on the short/medium/long wave bands (or something).

3:00:
to managing the ionosphere, what the HAARP was really designed to do, to inject energy into the ionosphere to be able to actually control it

Well, they must be doing something with it, as the HAARP project has been running for rather a long time now (21 years now).

Edit: Just a thought - global climate change has only showed significant weather changes for the past 15-16 years (give or take)...any correlation?
If they turn it off permanently, will weather patterns return to normal eventually, or has the irreparable damage been done?

Mythopoeika said:
will weather patterns return to normal eventually, or has the irreparable damage been done?

Perhaps they've been postponing the damage.... :shock:

Back