• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I once saw a quote that said; "To ask may be a moment's shame; not to know is a lifetime's shame."

Although there is no shame in asking and it can also be quite amusing if the person lecturing you is asked doesn't know the answer!

In the early days of us buying in computer programmes I idly asked why kilobytes (it was a long time ago) were always 8, 16, 32 etc. The rep for the software company started up saying that it was all very complicated and we probably wouldn't understand (!) My boss, bless her, said "Tunn has a BSc in maths", (I don't) "Oh!" He replied, "I don't know". :evillaugh:

@Tunn11 :rollingw:

I used to get similar things with computers and motorbikes on the grounds of being a girlie!
That's sad, I worked with a couple of lady bikers, two or three very good driver mechanics and any number of computer and software experts. As my mum was drafted into the ATS at the end of WW2 I knew all about how girlies could drive effing great trucks in a blackout. She could also maintain a constant speed over any number of hills, bends, etc. for as long as you like because of having to drive in convoy. No automatics or power steering then either - in fact no synchromesh gears either.

That's sad, I worked with a couple of lady bikers, two or three very good driver mechanics and any number of computer and software experts. As my mum was drafted into the ATS at the end of WW2 I knew all about how girlies could drive effing great trucks in a blackout. She could also maintain a constant speed over any number of hills, bends, etc. for as long as you like because of having to drive in convoy. No automatics or power steering then either - in fact no synchromesh gears either.
Thanks for this.

My dad taught me how to take care of a car (back when cars had points and you could change your own spark plugs). I joined the army and sometimes got stupid comments like "you are too pretty to be in the army". LIke what I looked like had anything to do with it. I wanted my GI bill college degree. We used to have to loan our equipment to the OCS training school and the CO insisted that every peice of equipment went to the field with at least one of our operators. I was sent 3 times with our patch panel. One time I was the only woman on site and I was walking past a tent on my way to the mess tent and heard someone saying "we'll make the woman drive him that way we will be sure he doesn't make it." I knew that person was referring to me and decided I would drive no one anywhere. But the sergeant I came with insisted I go. The captain of the OCS unit was at the field site (never been in the field with that group before). There was a sabatour (the reason they had to borrow equipment) and I assumed he was there for that. So I drove the jeep, got him to his appointment and back. But the points had been replaced with old almost done points so I had to keep the jeep running by gunning it around the corners and not stopping at stop signs. There was no traffic, most of it dirt road until we got back to base. The captain was an idiot and rude. He kept making comments. I just kept my mouth shut. Turns out the jerk was going to a mental health appointment, not to tell the colonel he found the sabatour (which was the motorpool sergeant). When I got back I took the points out and threw them at the sergeant's head, but there was a tall guy who reached out and caught them. I think that was the last time I was assigned to that company and was sent to Germany shortly after.

I currently earn a living as a software developer, worked with hardware, networks and communications as well.

You would think 45 years later attitudes have changed, but they haven't except for people like you. Men who can't find their way around anything mechanical are worse than the ones who can. I guess it is their inferiority complex or something.

Thanks for this.

My dad taught me how to take care of a car (back when cars had points and you could change your own spark plugs). I joined the army and sometimes got stupid comments like "you are too pretty to be in the army". LIke what I looked like had anything to do with it. I wanted my GI bill college degree. We used to have to loan our equipment to the OCS training school and the CO insisted that every peice of equipment went to the field with at least one of our operators. I was sent 3 times with our patch panel. One time I was the only woman on site and I was walking past a tent on my way to the mess tent and heard someone saying "we'll make the woman drive him that way we will be sure he doesn't make it." I knew that person was referring to me and decided I would drive no one anywhere. But the sergeant I came with insisted I go. The captain of the OCS unit was at the field site (never been in the field with that group before). There was a sabatour (the reason they had to borrow equipment) and I assumed he was there for that. So I drove the jeep, got him to his appointment and back. But the points had been replaced with old almost done points so I had to keep the jeep running by gunning it around the corners and not stopping at stop signs. There was no traffic, most of it dirt road until we got back to base. The captain was an idiot and rude. He kept making comments. I just kept my mouth shut. Turns out the jerk was going to a mental health appointment, not to tell the colonel he found the sabatour (which was the motorpool sergeant). When I got back I took the points out and threw them at the sergeant's head, but there was a tall guy who reached out and caught them. I think that was the last time I was assigned to that company and was sent to Germany shortly after.

I currently earn a living as a software developer, worked with hardware, networks and communications as well.

You would think 45 years later attitudes have changed, but they haven't except for people like you. Men who can't find their way around anything mechanical are worse than the ones who can. I guess it is their inferiority complex or something.
We're going rather off topic but I can't understand those attitudes either. It was thought odd that I, as a boy, could cook. They would presumably starve in a house full of food instead so as not to appear girlie. Eejits.

In the early days of us buying in computer programmes I idly asked why kilobytes (it was a long time ago) were always 8, 16, 32 etc. The rep for the software company started up saying that it was all very complicated and we probably wouldn't understand (!) My boss, bless her, said "Tunn has a BSc in maths", (I don't) "Oh!" He replied, "I don't know". :evillaugh:
I used to know that! But it's all lost inside the jumble that is my head.
I don't actually need to know, and I work in the software industry.

I used to know that! But it's all lost inside the jumble that is my head.
I don't actually need to know, and I work in the software industry.
It is because of binary number system being used at the beginning because programming a computer was on off switches. So you had to convert the commands to 0's & 1's. Then when we had electronic switches we could build longer strings of instructions, that was easier using base 16 numbering system so everything is divisible by 16, 8 or 2. Base 16 numbering system is called Hex code in programming. I used to work for a guy who could read it. He was beyond a nerd and using basic programming language like Pick he could not write a program to get himself out of a paper bag. He also couldn't have a conversation with humans very easily.

So back on topic. I still can't get season 4 on the history channel. They have it locked and I can't find a way to subscribe so that I have access to all their programs.

I know there are a lot of cable services with different deals in the U.S., but our Comcast always has the History Channel.

Sorry you are having trouble.
The only cable company we have in this area is comcast and they are have very bad service, billing is messed up, you call to get it fixed, next bill is double, you call back, the person hangs up on you (and you haven't even gotten to the shouting part yet). I have a Roku and Hulu. There is an option on Hulu to get History channel premium but I don't want to go from $8 a month to $70 a month just for one show. I will just wait until that seaons is available on Hulu. That is how I watched seasons 1 - 3.

The only cable company we have in this area is comcast and they are have very bad service, billing is messed up, you call to get it fixed, next bill is double, you call back, the person hangs up on you (and you haven't even gotten to the shouting part yet). I have a Roku and Hulu. There is an option on Hulu to get History channel premium but I don't want to go from $8 a month to $70 a month just for one show. I will just wait until that seaons is available on Hulu. That is how I watched seasons 1 - 3.
Wow! What a ridiculous price for one streaming service addon

Something that really escaped me until recently is supposedly that the area’s local native people do not want to come close to the ranch because they feel like the ranch is cursed and the curse could be transmitted to them.

In the past a native local county sheriff investigated a mutilated horse and the native county fire marshal investigated a supposedly plasma fire on the ranch.

These two people stated that by coming on the ranch, their friends might reject them because now they could be curse.

The Skinwalker Ranch superstitions and curse is still strong among the local natives.

Something that really escaped me until recently is supposedly that the area’s local native people do not want to come close to the ranch because they feel like the ranch is cursed and the curse could be transmitted to them.

In the past a native local county sheriff investigated a mutilated horse and the native county fire marshal investigated a supposedly plasma fire on the ranch.

These two people stated that by coming on the ranch, their friends might reject them because now they could be curse.

The Skinwalker Ranch superstitions and curse is still strong among the local natives.
It's late and I have to get off to bed so I'm not researching this. What is a plasma fire?

I think they are paid to say that. I don't know about the Ute but the Navajo would not say things like that. And they are more europeanized than a lot of the Navajo, AND the skinwalker is NOT a curse. They use that to get people to watch the show.

It is possible that they don't feel safe in that area but it has nothing to do with a curse.

The Navajo Skinwalker curse goes way back in their culture, not a recent idea.
Westernised interpretation, attached to that western imposed patch of real estate?

Edit to add: I'm getting built on an indigenous burial ground trope vibes!

Last edited:
Plasma energy is intense heat where the molecules are ionized.

Somewhere in the many episodes after a rare purple orb was in one of the ranch’s fields, the next day showed a solid wood post which had a piece of wood burnt or missing from this post.

There was no evidence of any other part of this post showing fire, and no vegetation around this post showed being burnt.

The county fire marshal was brought to the ranch and proclaimed that the missing wood from the post was not fire, not lightning, but from plasma.

The crew stated that over the years they saw many orange and white orbs, but never a purple orb again.

Plasma energy is intense heat where the molecules are ionized.

Somewhere in the many episodes after a rare purple orb was in one of the ranch’s fields, the next day showed a solid wood post which had a piece of wood burnt or missing from this post.

There was no evidence of any other part of this post showing fire, and no vegetation around this post showed being burnt.

The county fire marshal was brought to the ranch and proclaimed that the missing wood from the post was not fire, not lightning, but from plasma.

The crew stated that over the years they saw many orange and white orbs, but never a purple orb again.
When I read this article about plasma (which is a little beyond my comprehension) https://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~rwest/wikispeedia/wpcd/wp/p/Plasma_%28physics%29.htm

there is a table of examples of plasma which lists:

Terrestrial plasmas
  • Lightning
  • Ball lightning
  • St. Elmo's fire
  • Sprites, elves, jets
  • The ionosphere
  • The polar aurorae
The "terrestrial" examples of plasma are lightning, ball lightning etc. So the post was possibly hit by lightning despite what the fire marshal allegedly said. Though, granted, a fence post does not often draw lightning, but ball lightning acts differently to lightning, so that's possible.

Last edited:
I agree with you in that how did the county fire marshal come to the conclusion that the blacken hole in the wood post was made by plasma.

But also I forgot about neon signs which in the past were more seen, and today not so.

The excited gas by electric current in the neon tube which is ionized atoms do really produce brilliant signs.

I agree with you in that how did the county fire marshal come to the conclusion that the blacken hole in the wood post was made by plasma.

But also I forgot about neon signs which in the past were more seen, and today not so.

The excited gas by electric current in the neon tube which is ionized atoms do really produce brilliant signs.
I do know that neon signs are expensive to have made.

The most recent episode seems to be a set up for season 5 in late spring 2024.

It was proven that time runs 1/4th of a second slower in the triangle area in front of the mesa.

Radar readings from 70,000 feet shows metallic type tunnels in the mesa and possible may run under the ranch.

The next season every part of the ranch will have 24/7 sensors and cameras that will be linked and controlled by artificial intelligence.

I said this before, I personally would dynamite the mesa.

Last edited:
I was puzzle that former AARO director for the Pentagon Jay Stratton in the most recent episode was around but he did not say one word.

This was noted by the ranch crew in that he was just listening to the conversation.

Years back he worked for Bigelow investigating the ranch for several years.

I bet he knows what is in the mesa ?

Surprisingly the History Channel added one more episode to 4th season coming this Tuesday.

It seems Skinwalker Ranch is very popular on the History Channel in the US.

The crew is hoping for a late Spring 2024 return with new episodes.

I have no idea what else they can do if they don’t dig into the mess.

Last edited:
Didn't they dig down in the triangle in a previous season and find an under ground river flowing north to south. Couldn't that account for one of the "tunnels" the survey showed.

I think I've said before that I think a lot of the strange phenomena is going to be down to the geology and climate of the location. There is obviously a high iron content in the rocks and soil around there so I am not surprised that are seeing metallic signatures when they scan the area. I'm willing to bet that there is an extensive cave system underground with (as already discovered) rivers running through them.

The guys up at Blind Frog Ranch (where there are allegedly similar phenomena) have found caves and running water underground as well. Though, I'm still on the fence with BFR on whether it is entirely scripted or not. There are certainly a lot of reenactments in it if not.

Back