• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
The last episode for the season was a quiet recap.

The only strange thing is that Travis Taylor did have was a hypothetical idea that this ranch could have been a DARPA testing facility since heat shield type material from rockets had been found buried in the soil and the mysterious triangle and mesa.

Travis with a high government clearance probably knows more but can’t say.

I think I've said before that I think a lot of the strange phenomena is going to be down to the geology and climate of the location. There is obviously a high iron content in the rocks and soil around there so I am not surprised that are seeing metallic signatures when they scan the area. I'm willing to bet that there is an extensive cave system underground with (as already discovered) rivers running through them.

The guys up at Blind Frog Ranch (where there are allegedly similar phenomena) have found caves and running water underground as well. Though, I'm still on the fence with BFR on whether it is entirely scripted or not. There are certainly a lot of reenactments in it if not.
Blind Frog is geographically pretty much next door. Looking forward to the next season of that.

I have to confess that I like Travis Taylor because he is a fellow southerner from Alabama and I feel a kindred spirit.

Despite all the heavy staging and editing, I truly believe this area has something bizarre going on.

Yes, he does sound like Huckleberry Hound !

This caused me to think about Yogi Bear, Boo-Boo, Snagglepuss, Quick Draw McGraw, Magilla Gorilla, and Top Cat.

These were created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera who made a big hit with children.

The 4th series began on Sky last week and I am going to try to get videos of all the episodes. Meanwhile I have put together a pdf summary of all the previous episodes. I'll see if I can upload it here: might be an introduction for anyone who has missed out on the previous episodes.

Attachments

• Skinwalker Ranch Series 1-3.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 49
The 4th series began on Sky last week and I am going to try to get videos of all the episodes. Meanwhile I have put together a pdf summary of all the previous episodes. I'll see if I can upload it here: might be an introduction for anyone who has missed out on the previous episodes.
Wow, that is a lot of work! Much appreciated.

" 'INT21' (he's on another forum I know) says you can save all the Series 4 episodes on Sky by simply setting 'record series'. It will keep them all as they appear. I have all the 1,2 and three + the latest Series 4;E1 by doing this."

" 'INT21' (he's on another forum I know) says you can save all the Series 4 episodes on Sky by simply setting 'record series'. It will keep them all as they appear. I have all the 1,2 and three + the latest Series 4;E1 by doing this."
Yes, my wife is more into recording programmes than I am and she explained it to me. The quality is good enough to record on my mobile (on a tripod) and one thing I've noticed is that the new content is never more than 40 minutes long, lucky because mobile will only record about 40 minutes before cutting out. Just watched the 3rd episode and it's one of the best yet, replication and data captured on multiple sensors plus the first solid look at the anomaly over the East Field in ultra high speed camera.

So just watched series 4 episode 5 Here's the Drill.

Its gone beyond laughable now.

Thomas spots a purple flashing light and drives off to find it. Arrives at his destination where there is a clear purple light flashing on the ground and soem of the vegetation, immediately rushes off in the opposite direction claiming he can't see it. Travis standing around saying he can't see it either from his vantage point. Erm, it's probably the purple flashing light on the horizon in front of you...

I'm thinking of calling it on this joke of a show.

Thomas spots a purple flashing light and drives off to find it. Arrives at his destination where there is a clear purple light flashing on the ground and soem of the vegetation, immediately rushes off in the opposite direction claiming he can't see it. Travis standing around saying he can't see it either from his vantage point. Erm, it's probably the purple flashing light on the horizon in front of you...

but but but but...... it must have been a special kind of light that can't be seen from close, only a drive away AND ON FILM!!!!!!!!!!! That's positively eldritch man! :)

You’ve lasted this long? Respect due.

ahh the classic "I can't see it but the camera can" corollary to the "I can see it but the camera can't" forteana.

LOL - You mean the flashing blue/purple light that is clearly a police-car's emergency lights.

I preferred Travis in Rocket City Rednecks,
plenty of noise, things traveling at high speed, and blowing things up,
what's not to like.
:dunno:

Arguably the poorest episode so far. Not very well edited, either. But the Ranch is not something that can deliver exciting stuff every week, in fact I would be suspicious if it did. Research in areas like this defy the systematic researcher. After the previous week when a breakthrough was made in probing the anomaly over the Triangle, you couldn't really expect dramatic findings every time. In fact this episode did have an interesting interview with two Ute witnesses of strange phenomena in the Uinta basin. If you don't want to watch next week, that's up to you! In fact I really can't see what pleasure anyone gets in watching something just to criticise it the next day. Given the constraints of US television production, I think it is done reasonably well.

Even though Skinwalker Ranch has been a big hit for the History Channel, Prometheus Productions has not committed to season 5 so far.

Even though Skinwalker Ranch has been a big hit for the History Channel, Prometheus Productions has not committed to season 5 so far.
Interesting. One thing that hasn't been mentioned very often is that anyone who enters the ranch usually ends up taking something home with them, the so-called hitch-hiker phenomenon. I wonder how many of the cameramen have been affected by that and whether it would play a part in the producers deciding whether to carry on filming ?

Back