• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Interesting. One thing that hasn't been mentioned very often is that anyone who enters the ranch usually ends up taking something home with them, the so-called hitch-hiker phenomenon. I wonder how many of the cameramen have been affected by that and whether it would play a part in the producers deciding whether to carry on filming ?

That's an interesting point. I'd love to see those figures!

Interesting. One thing that hasn't been mentioned very often is that anyone who enters the ranch usually ends up taking something home with them, the so-called hitch-hiker phenomenon. I wonder how many of the cameramen have been affected by that and whether it would play a part in the producers deciding whether to carry on filming ?
Also, what are the production costs? Any type of research can cost a lot. Perhaps they just don't have the funds to carry on.

And why do you ask about the cameramen? Just curious if you had a particular thought? I would think the hitchhiker phenomenon might affect all working closely on the project.

Arguably the poorest episode so far. Not very well edited, either. But the Ranch is not something that can deliver exciting stuff every week, in fact I would be suspicious if it did.
They do not film an episode a week. They film a bunch of footage and it gets edited into however many episodes make a season for them. Maybe they film 10 episodes over 10 weeks, maybe they film those ten episodes over a year. 10 events in a year, and I'd expect each episode to have one for tv purposes

I tried to read different web sites and this information could be completely incorrect and false.

The owner, Brandon Fugal, is worth about a half of billion dollars and believes there is real paranormal at the ranch.

It was suggested that the main characters make between 5 to 12 thousand dollars per episode which according to other reality shows is on the lower end of pay.

It was suggested it is hard to get filming crews to come to the ranch because of superstition beliefs of the workers.

It was suggested that there are many fixed cameras that run 24/7 on the ranch, and the crew to take care of the 24/7 cameras is expensive.

And yes, there is a mountain of information to be edited for an episode.

It doesn’t seem to be a easy show to make.

I wonder about the viewing figures - maybe they’re starting to drop & that’s the reason they haven’t committed to another season. I’m sure if there were an increase they’d continue. They want viewers after all..

There’s probably a limit as to how far you can stretch a show with nothing tangible emerging, just endless ‘anomalies’ of various sorts left hanging. It must have a shelf life.

I think you are right hunck, there is only so many times one can sing the same song over and over.

I was impressed with the strange UAPs and spheres that were captured on the show.

But I was disappointed that there was no full assault against the mesa.

It seems the answer to all is inside the mesa.

And if Prometheus is not paying bigger salaries, the crew probably wants more money.

I think you are right hunck, there is only so many times one can sing the same song over and over.

I was impressed with the strange UAPs and spheres that were captured on the show.

But I was disappointed that there was no full assault against the mesa.

It seems the answer to all is inside the mesa.

And if Prometheus is not paying bigger salaries, the crew probably wants more money.
They are trying a full assault on the mesa at the moment.

I wonder about the viewing figures - maybe they’re starting to drop & that’s the reason they haven’t committed to another season. I’m sure if there were an increase they’d continue. They want viewers after all..

There’s probably a limit as to how far you can stretch a show with nothing tangible emerging, just endless ‘anomalies’ of various sorts left hanging. It must have a shelf life.
So far there have been plenty of "tangible" events, recorded on a variety of cameras and sensors. There is no doubt that something is going on there, but I fear that the group, intent on a "scientific" approach, have neglected to study data from other "active" areas that might give them valuable background information. All Travis ever seems to suggest is the presence of a "portal," a "wormhole" or something like that. Something of some kind is up there above the Triangle and something is in the Mesa. Those are the most definite statements you can make. That something is also intelligent and capable of frustrating all their efforts if it chooses. It has kept people at bay by appearances of skinwalkers and monsters, but now that doesn't seem to have worked and we are getting physical interventions. The phenomenon has no trouble dealing with our most sophisticated tech such as GPS, radio, and computers. It would be very interesting to hear the experiences of the people doing the videoing, both on site and maybe hitchhiker stuff.

I tried to read different web sites and this information could be completely incorrect and false.

The owner, Brandon Fugal, is worth about a half of billion dollars and believes there is real paranormal at the ranch.

It was suggested that the main characters make between 5 to 12 thousand dollars per episode which according to other reality shows is on the lower end of pay.

It was suggested it is hard to get filming crews to come to the ranch because of superstition beliefs of the workers.

It was suggested that there are many fixed cameras that run 24/7 on the ranch, and the crew to take care of the 24/7 cameras is expensive.

And yes, there is a mountain of information to be edited for an episode.

It doesn’t seem to be a easy show to make.
There's no doubt about Fugal's financial status and we can only be grateful that he is willing to take on a very difficult and open ended job. The one very big problem is that the findings of the previous research under Bigelow haven't been released, and his behaviour in apparently demolishing part of the mesa above the strange anomaly has led to a lot of questions.

Somewhere in the more recent episodes Travis says he and his team were at a great disadvantage because Bigelow refuses to supply any past information.

Even the transfer and sale of the ranch to Fugal seems to be a top secret which makes no sense to me.

I would like Skinwalker Ranch to have a season 5.

Somewhere in the more recent episodes Travis says he and his team were at a great disadvantage because Bigelow refuses to supply any past information.

Even the transfer and sale of the ranch to Fugal seems to be a top secret which makes no sense to me.

Agreed, they can't stop now. Regarding the Bigelow years, I am sure that Colm Kelleher knows a lot more than he has let on. He managed to write quite a lengthy book (Hunt for the Skinwalker, Colm Kelleher & George Knapp) in which he only mentioned Bigelow's name twice! also check out Skinwalkers at the Pentagon, by James Lacatski, Kelleher, and Knapp, essential background to the involvement of the Pentagon at Skinwalker). Also a short article here:

https://www.theblackvault.com/casef...t-and-models-of-contagion-by-dr-colm-a-kelleh

Last edited:

I'm sure it will. Meanwhile check out the new spin-off series Beyond Skinwalker Ranch, which is on UK Sky TV at the moment, visiting other active areas and using the latest technology to get some very interesting evidence.

Very interesting episode on Sky yesterday. The guy who headed the UAP study (and also invented the term) was a guest at the ranch and described his own most disturbing experience there. And the discovery of a half-burned fence post previously turned out to be especially puzzling because the expert called out to examine it couldn't explain how none of the surrounding wood was also affected. This sounds much like the equally puzzling spontaneous combustion of human beings phenomenon -- in those cases some victims have been almost entirely reduced to ash yet the immediate surroundings show no sign of the immense heat that would have been required.

Just got a couple of books relevant to the ranch: Merging Dimensions, by Tom Dongo and Linda Bradshaw, half about the things happening at the Bradshaw Ranch, a lot of orbs and balls of light, many photographed, and the other half wider ranging. Some interesting happenings, but the New Age element is rather annoying. The photos are pretty strange, so worth a look. And more importantly, Reality Denied by John Alexander, which details his research into all kinds of phenomena including Healing, Martial Arts, Spoon Bending, Poltergeists, Hutchison, and NDEs.

From the video interview, Fugal tries to justify why he won’t forcefully attack the mesa like it might call a rock slide or it could damage what ever is inside the mesa.

If this is the case, the secret of the ranch will remain a secret.

From the video interview, Fugal tries to justify why he won’t forcefully attack the mesa like it might call a rock slide or it could damage what ever is inside the mesa.
According to your episode recapping from just four months ago, no one could even drill into the mesa. What has changed their opinion of the feasibility of the idea?

The topic of the mesa is confusing.

Drills don’t seem to penetrate the mesa but the drill bits come out like new and not broken up.

But supposedly if they attack the mesa to hard, the ranch becomes mad and people get sick.

Then they fear of damaging what ever is in the mesa.

I personally think if they solve the mesa problem, then the show want have anything to talk about.

I don’t know.

The topic of the mesa is confusing.

Drills don’t seem to penetrate the mesa but the drill bits come out like new and not broken up.

But supposedly if they attack the mesa to hard, the ranch becomes mad and people get sick.

Then they fear of damaging what ever is in the mesa.

I personally think if they solve the mesa problem, then the show want have anything to talk about.

I don’t know.
Actually there's plenty of other weirdness going on besides the mesa. The Triangle, Homestead 2, etc. But the mesa is going to remain a focus of attention, even if their drilling operations continue to fail.

Is the mesa an area that is of importance to the indigenous people living there? Would that be a possible consideration for not further intruding upon it?
The mesa certainly is of importance to the local people because there is an ancient stone circle (crude compared to those in Europe) on top, which has connections with the strange energies operating there. It has a spiral motif said to indicate a portal to the next world, and GPS and other abnormalities have been noticed there. The team have made no effort to dig there or disturb that site.

I agree, the ranch people seem to respect the Navajo and Ute customs.

On the flip side It was pointed out that the native people do not like coming on the Skinwalker Ranch because they fear of talking home an evil spirit.

The native Indian county fire marshal, when he came to look at the burnt wooden post, he offered tobacco to the spirits to protect him from evil.

A web site call Fandom claims that it seems everyone is on board for season 5 coming late spring 2024.

I agree, the ranch people seem to respect the Navajo and Ute customs.

On the flip side It was pointed out that the native people do not like coming on the Skinwalker Ranch because they fear of talking home an evil spirit.

The native Indian county fire marshal, when he came to look at the burnt wooden post, he offered tobacco to the spirits to protect him from evil.

A web site call Fandom claims that it seems everyone is on board for season 5 coming late spring 2024.
Yes, the locals knew all about the hitchhiker effect but unfortunately never informed the investigators!

I've read through a lot of this thread and its interesting but highly technical. I only know it from the Unexplained podcasts about the people who bought the ranch and the wolf appears and weird things happen. The Ute Indians avoid the ranch, is this true, then I suppose there is something about it that the people from the area are fearful of. Its an interesting looking place looking at it on google maps but I've never seen these tv shows about it. I know a fair number of Geologists and they are always drilling these boreholes and getting core samples. Did these investigators ever get a Geologist in to drill a massive borehole and example the sample etc in that mesa area where they believe there is some anomoly.

According to a web site Comingsoon.net, the producers of The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch with Travis Taylor and group are negotiating with the History Channel ( U.S. ) for season 5 to start April 2024 and season 6 to start April 2025.

So, we should get more unexplainable paranormal.

Back