• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Optical Illusions Thread

I cannot look at that. It hurts my eyes. What is it supposed to look like?
For me, a number of things;

It's difficult to see both circles clearly.
They blur and sometimes look more like ovals, especially the outer one and sometimes as if one is entwined with the other.
Also, the inner circle seems to turn (very slowly) anti-clockwise and the outer circle clockwise.

For me, a number of things;

It's difficult to see both circles clearly.
They blur and sometimes look more like ovals, especially the outer one and sometimes as if one is entwined with the other.
Also, the inner circle seems to turn (very slowly) anti-clockwise and the outer circle clockwise.
It also leaves me with a couple of loose ends! :pop:
1714726539283.png

I saw this one online yesterday. At first i could see the red and then my brain decided it couldnt see the red anymore and now i cant see it again.
I think if you stare at the "red", it is black.

The effect is strongest when looking at the blue, as the brain (I think) is trying to neutralise the sea of blue, so the can looks red by contrast.

Or some shit like that.

Regarding the can, I would imagine it is the same effect as to why TV-screens have a blueish hue in the evenings. Your eyes assume the light blue is white and changes the other colours to compensate.

Back