• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Pizza Thread

231107075110-pizza-hut-snake-pizza.jpg

American company Pizza Hut has teamed up with a century-old Hong Kong restaurant to put a modern spin on a traditional dish, or more simply, snake on a pizza.

The new offering combines shredded snake meat, black mushrooms and Chinese dried ham – all indispensable ingredients of an authentic snake stew and part of the Hong Kong franchise’s marketing plot to generate buzz online.

Some diners in Hong Kong and around southern China have long enjoyed snake stew, especially during the colder months.

According to a saying in the local Cantonese dialect, the best time to eat snake is “when the autumn wind begins to blow” – when they’ve fattened up to prepare for hibernation.

Article Continues:
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/08/travel/snake-pizza-in-hong-kong-intl-hnk/index.html

I'd try one so long as the snake meat was only from the legs.
My Mum bought me a book years ago where the author wrote that when his pet snakes died, he'd bury them but always put chicken legs on either side. The idea was that in the future, when archaeologists hopefully dug them up as fossils or something, he could re write history that we once had snakes running around :).

Well, going to wikipedia most snakes are OK to eat except Garter snake where the actual meat is poisonous.

Snake eating is supposedly common in China and recommended for males having trouble with erection with Pythons being a delicacy.

Yum, a Pythons pizza !

Well, going to wikipedia most snakes are OK to eat except Garter snake where the actual meat is poisonous.

Snake eating is supposedly common in China and recommended for males having trouble with erection with Pythons being a delicacy.

Yum, a Pythons pizza !
I ate snake in a restaurant in Florida some time in the 80's but I can't remember what type. Hopefully it was a Python.

Well Swifty, what did snake meat taste like ?
Texture of chicken but a slightly fishy taste from memory. I'd eat it again. The steaks were quite large so it was a big snake.

I'll try to remember to ask my Dad if he can remember what kind of snake it was because this was a family holiday and I would have been about 13 at the time.

Last edited:
According to what I have read, the most asked for pizza is pepperoni pizza.

That is a lot of pepperoni !

They're essentially sausage, so you can ask for 'salsiccia' (sausage) or 'Peperoni' (no double-p). Pepper is 'pepe', as in 'cacio e pepe' ... a personal favourite, and easy, pasta dish. :)

Meh.
Since I make my own pizzas I can chuck on whatever is sitting in the 'fridge.

I never have 'spare' pineapple.

View attachment 71174

American company Pizza Hut has teamed up with a century-old Hong Kong restaurant to put a modern spin on a traditional dish, or more simply, snake on a pizza.

The new offering combines shredded snake meat, black mushrooms and Chinese dried ham – all indispensable ingredients of an authentic snake stew and part of the Hong Kong franchise’s marketing plot to generate buzz online.

Some diners in Hong Kong and around southern China have long enjoyed snake stew, especially during the colder months.

According to a saying in the local Cantonese dialect, the best time to eat snake is “when the autumn wind begins to blow” – when they’ve fattened up to prepare for hibernation.

Article Continues:
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/08/travel/snake-pizza-in-hong-kong-intl-hnk/index.html
I’d want it curled on the top like a Cumberland Sausage with pineapple please. And if it’s not here in thirty minutes, I’m not paying for it.

Iceland - for all it's good points, and I'm a fan - is absolutely reliable for coming up with 'new' stuff.
Usually by adding baked beans to it.
Frozen spaghetti Bolognese? Sure. "Wow! We've 'created' spag bol ... with beans!"
Frozen Mac 'n' Cheese? "Sure .... and our new Mac, Beans and Cheese!"
Tins of baked beans? "Absolutely! But ours are ... wait for it ... double baked beans! Bean with ... well ... beans!"

Distinct lack of their much-trumpeted beans on that...er...bean pizza. Typical Heinz exortion - even their soups cost more than an apartment in Tenerife.

Dunno about soup - I make my own - but their tinned macaroni cheese is extortionate.

I threw together a nearly-instant thin-crust type pizza the other day, when I was in a hurry to get out.

GF Pitta bread, toasted and split open, spread with an "Intenso" olive and tomato pasta-sauce, straight from the jar. Dotted with goat cheese.

Back under the grill till bubbling. Delicious! :loveu:

I threw together a nearly-instant thin-crust type pizza the other day, when I was in a hurry to get out.

GF Pitta bread, toasted and split open, spread with an "Intenso" olive and tomato pasta-sauce, straight from the jar. Dotted with goat cheese.

Back under the grill till bubbling. Delicious! :loveu:

Multi-Year Winner: Fortean You'd Most Like To Dine With.

Back