• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
More conspiracy that is true.... Hollywood has been implicated many time as being a front for all types of nefarious things including pedophilia, child trafficking for the purposes of not only pedophilia but organ harvesting, adrenochrome and much more. Forget that the parents might notice a missing child at the dinner table. They've been brain washed.
You post this as a statement of fact but I’m not aware it is. Beyond the fact that some pedophiles may have been connected with the film industry, just as they can be found in many other walks of life, where’s the evidence for any of the other things you say?

I appreciate that the other part of your post was a joke, are you being serious here?

"Hollywood" is not one entity, it consists of many large companies with many employees. yes, there's been revelations of paedophilia and abuse, but there has been in plenty of other institutions and sectors too. Child trafficking for organ harvesting and adrenochrome sounds like a fever dream. Likewise parents being convinced their missing children aren't missing...
By Hollywood I mean a generic type thing. I don't actually know if I'm being serious or not. Over the years I've read and heard many actors, employees, etc, have stated sometimes the most bizarre accusations which if true are extremely serious. I've no way of knowing one way or the other.

Chap in my local pub - very nice bloke - chats about anything, especially about growing veg. on his allotment plot. But sometimes he 'gets one on him' and starts on with various conspiracy theories. I've gently and indirectly questioned him and found he'd just 'researched' the subject by watching the latest You Tube video on that particular theory. :crazy:

My mechanic lives in our little town with a police officer living in his building.
He told me that he was thinking about purchasing a little home in town, but after talking with the police officer, he changed his mind.
The officer told him about things happening here which are never publicizied - shootings, robberies, attacks, etc.
We are all kept in the dark about many things.

Sure, for some very obvious reasons such as lowering house prices, putting off people moving in etc.
But there's conspiracies/cover-ups to ... gloss over unpleasant incidents and facts, and then there's conspiracies/cover-ups performed by shadowy, all-powerful cabals.
I believe that people believe in the latter for several reasons - a desire for reason behind apparently random events, wanting to be 'special' and possessing knowledge that the masses don't, wanting to sound superior in education to others ... and, perhaps, envy in that "If I were rich, I'd like that kind of power!"

My point is that if occurrences in a small town are definitely being hidden, then we really have no idea what is happening at other levels.
I keep an open mind and don't believe everything that is said, nothing wrong with that.

I have often thought that those who are so eager to search for and interpret almost anything as 'potentially pedo' related do seem to be a little too involved, invested in the minutiae....
What must it feel like to live your daily life with your attention trained this close to the gutter?

I doubt these people care one hoot about the safety of children, considering how many of them thought the kids at Sandy Hook were crisis actors, sharing videos of a little girl across message forums to 'prove' she wasn't dead (she was most certainly dead), and then openly harassing/doxxing the parents.

They seem utterly delighted to find what they believe to be dubious material, whilst spewing their faux outrage with biblical mutterings and talk of armageddon.

By Hollywood I mean a generic type thing. I don't actually know if I'm being serious or not. Over the years I've read and heard many actors, employees, etc, have stated sometimes the most bizarre accusations which if true are extremely serious. I've no way of knowing one way or the other.
You need some sort of evidence to support bizarre accusations. There’s certainly sexual exploitation in film/Hollywood - Harvey Weinstein etc. Pedophilia accusations need some sort of proof/evidence. Anyone can throw suspicions around but without backup that’s all they are. Pedophilia I think is probably quite hard to keep hidden & sweep under the carpet.

Also, the crime is so emotive. Some people think that "no smoke without fire", "they wouldn't accuse them of that unless there was evidence", and the natural "Well, the criminal would say they were innocent if they were guilty".
The mere allegation is enough to assume guilt, proof or no. There's been plenty of allegations that hit the media ... only to be found groundless.

The Hills Are Alive With The Sound of Paranoia!

Did you know that there are at least two musicals about QAnon? They are both rather unimaginatively named "QAnon: The Musical."

The first satirizes QAnon and was created by comedy music group Un5Gettable—which includes Joe Cameron, Kyle Cothern, Brendan Hawkins, Ryan Richards, and Zach Harris. It debuted at the IndyFringe Theatre Festival in Fall 2022. WRTV explains:

In 2021, post-Jan. 6 insurrection, Cameron started making 1-minute TikTok songs that mocked the conspiracy theorists by quoting QAnon followers.
"The way I deal with things is with humor," Cameron said. "I was only using, in my lyrics, actual things that they believe in, or have said in the media." As a result, he says, "The songs sound ridiculous, but it's literally 100% true from their perspective, you know?"
The QAnon Musical is set up like a children's TV show, in which "The Truth Team" teaches the audience about QAnon. "On stage, we kind of act like The Wiggles, or like Barney," Cameron said. "Just because, it felt like the softest, more palatable way to deliver our message."
And that message, delivered in a 50-minute faux live-taping of singing and dancing, is, at its core, Cameron said, about "being decent to one another." "We all have friends and family who believe different things, but that shouldn't necessarily mean that the end of a relationship, you know. So that's really like the broad message that we're delivering through all this ridiculous stuff," Cameron said.
The other one, however, was created by true QAnon believers—which makes it infinitely more interesting to me (sorry, Un5Gettable, no hard feelings, please), but also clearly more dangerous because it's yet another avenue for indoctrination and right-wing radicalization. I first heard of this one when Travis View, one of the hosts of my second favorite podcast, QAnon Anonymous (QAA), tweeted at the end of March, "Real lyrics from QAnon: The Musical":

There will come a day
When things will go our way
When the righteous will seize the day
When evil will dissipate
Where kids can go and play
Safe from ped-ah-phil-lee-ay
Make the world a better place Join QAnon today ...

https://boingboing.net/2023/04/17/listen-to-some-gems-from-qanon-the-musical.html

QAnon cult leader Michael Protzman who claimed JFK was alive 'killed in dirt bike crash'

Michael Protzman died from multiple blunt force injuries after losing control of his dirt bike at the Meadow Valley Motocross track in Millville, Minnesota, on June 30

He was an advocate in the belief that former US President John F Kennedy and son JFK Jr were still alive. He persuaded his followers to travel to Dealey Plaza in Dallas where JFK was assassinated in 1963 to witness his "reappearance”.

When this didn't happen, his conspiracies morphed to say that Donald Trump was JFK Jr in disguise.

Mr Protzman was an avid Trump supporter and claimed to be in contact with him.

Oh I don't know. The Mossad seem to do it very well with around 7,000 employees.
My personal experience is that organisations of any size are able to cover up quite easily. The bigger the organisation the easier it appears to be to cover up anything, partly I suspect that those in the know simply don't want to rock the boat. Ok in some cases the cover up may come to light years later, but these seem to be few and far between.

The thing with cover-ups is ... if the organisation doing such is so all-encompassing and powerful, then how do the 'special' people find out about them?
I mean, whistleblowers are all fine, but they'd be killed before telling an 'outsider'.

iu

Oh I don't know. The Mossad seem to do it very well with around 7,000 employees.
Not really, secret services are well, secret MI6 and 6, the CIA etc, also information is shared on a need to know, every employee of Mossad does not know all its secrets, the consequences for divulging them can be quite deadly

Decades ago, I was part of a comittee running a games club, with several 'branches' around the country.
At the AGM, the question was raised "How can we increase membership in all the club's branches?"
The immediate reply was "Declare us in support of Palestine - Mossad will double our numbers!"

Not really, secret services are well, secret MI6 and 6, the CIA etc, also information is shared on a need to know, every employee of Mossad does not know all its secrets, the consequences for divulging them can be quite deadly
You could say the same about the aforementioned massive bureaucracies as well though.

Reading this excellent book on Nostradamus. Surprised how much it resonates with QAnon:

Nostradamus: How an Obscure Renaissance Astrologer Became the Modern Prophet of Doom
Stephane Gerson
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13721540-nostradamus?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=wAWxPDRc30&rank=1

Nostredame’s self-presentation as an inspired human being, rather than the equal of biblical prophets, invited such readings. So did his claims that he lacked the words to express what laid in store, or that he had written but one-hundredth of what he knew: “More things will take place than I have mentioned.” He all but dared readers to fill in the blanks. It is not so much that his vague predictions could mean anything. This is true, but then what? It is rather that they became a personal palimpsest, a call to explore, map out, and reconcile one’s internal world, the world in which one lived, and the universe that he offered for consumption. To decode the quatrains was to bring together what the historian Anthony Grafton, speaking of astrology, calls the local and the ephemeral: the workings of the universe and those of inner lives.8

And so Nostradamus continues to speak to contradictory yearnings. The quatrains still fulfill our desire for deeper knowledge about an ever-bewildering planet while providing relief from too much information. They assuage our fear of not knowing and our fear of knowing too much. Its floating horizon allows us to avoid too much contact with reality while recasting our everyday lives. The distant authority guards us against imponderable threats while enabling us to participate in our own fate. We can find protection and we can find autonomy. The open-ended lines satisfy our need for individual projection while drawing us into a vast community. The endless flow of words tells us that everything is ephemeral while grounding us in times past and narratives that imbue the chaos of life with meaning. The interpretations, finally, allow us to confront global perils with sober urgency while feeding our disillusioned outlook on a world that is so saturated in commentary that everything has been said and nothing truly holds.47

Last edited:
Back