• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
He wants his hat back.

Convicted Insurrectionist and Libertarian candidate for Congress in Arizona, Jacob Chansley, wants his fuzzy be-horned cap back.

I guess people don't recognize Chansley without his signature "Hey, look at me!!!!" hat. Can't he get the parts on Amazon again? Does the Shaman think that particular, seemingly made of a cheap costume boa and plastic Viking helmet, hat has magical powers? It certainly didn't keep him out of prison.

https://boingboing.net/2024/01/15/qanon-shaman-wants-his-fuzzy-hat-back.html
He can probably charge more money for appearances if he can show up in his signature outfit.
It's his 'famous' hat. No one would know who he is without it.
If elected to congress, I wonder if he'll insist on going shirtless.
He thinks it's the Hogwarts Sorting Hat.

Now back to the thread...

Days of Darkness: How one woman escaped the conspiracy theory trap that has ensnared millions
https://apnews.com/article/covid19-...non-facebook-f79a3af0e04487890e3976fea6f03867

The AP spoke with more than a dozen people whose lives were disrupted by conspiracy theories — either because they believed them or because a close loved one did.

Many spoke of the social isolation that comes from spending more and more time on conspiracy theory websites and message boards.

They talked about money lost to investment scams or products that claimed to reverse aging or cure COVID-19. They talked about a mounting sense of paranoia and distrust as they began to lose faith in their community and their fellow Americans.

Former believers said conspiracy theories offered them meaning when they felt empty, even if those promises proved to be hollow themselves.

Days of Darkness: How one woman escaped the conspiracy theory trap that has ensnared millions
https://apnews.com/article/covid19-...non-facebook-f79a3af0e04487890e3976fea6f03867

The AP spoke with more than a dozen people whose lives were disrupted by conspiracy theories — either because they believed them or because a close loved one did.

Many spoke of the social isolation that comes from spending more and more time on conspiracy theory websites and message boards.

They talked about money lost to investment scams or products that claimed to reverse aging or cure COVID-19. They talked about a mounting sense of paranoia and distrust as they began to lose faith in their community and their fellow Americans.

Former believers said conspiracy theories offered them meaning when they felt empty, even if those promises proved to be hollow themselves.
I love the headline. That's a classic. Create an image of what a conspiracy theorist is and then let the media run with it.

Conspiracy theorist must include people like Dr Michael Yeadon, ex chief scientific officer and ex Vice President of Pfizer who is an 'anti vaxer' and who warns of the dangers of the proposed NWO. Or Andrew Brigden MP. Or Dr Robert Malone, inventor and patent holder of the MRNA technology. And there's many many more who never get a mention in types of articles like the above.

I love the headline. That's a classic. Create an image of what a conspiracy theorist is and then let the media run with it.

Conspiracy theorist must include people like Dr Michael Yeadon, ex chief scientific officer and ex Vice President of Pfizer who is an 'anti vaxer' and who warns of the dangers of the proposed NWO. Or Andrew Brigden MP. Or Dr Robert Malone, inventor and patent holder of the MRNA technology. And there's many many more who never get a mention in types of articles like the above.
I think you missed the point of the article.

I think you missed the point of the article.
I did?

I'll read it again.

Edit: @Sharon Hill

I read it again. It's a story about a lady who went down the rabbit hole, came back out, and realised that the conspiracies were just that, conspiracies. My point was that some of those 'conspiracy theorists' are highly qualified people and articles like this one usually paint the same picture. A son, daughter, mother, father, etc who descend into a deep dark world of isolation and extremism who nearly wreck their lives before sanity returns and they come out into the light and go back to being 'normal'.

Last edited:
A new popular theory in the MAGA camp, and I am pretty sure it's in the QAnon camp as well:
Taylor Swift is a psyop working with her boyfriend Travis Kelce of The Kansas City Chiefs NFL team to tell people during Super Bowl halftime to vote for President Joe Biden.
-------------------------------------------

Right-Wingers Say Super Bowl Is Rigged So Taylor Swift Can Endorse Biden​

It’s all really stupid
BY NIKKI MCCANN RAMIREZ
JANUARY 29, 2024

Taylor Swift has shattered virtually every major record in the music industry, and as she lives her best life supporting her boyfriend, Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, she’s also breaking the brains of right-wingers.

For months now, the digital fever swamps have been fuming over everything and anything Swift-related. Her popularity, the success of the Eras Tour, her relationship, her appearances at NFL games, and especially her politics. The Chiefs won the AFC championship on Sunday, punching the team’s (and potentially Swift’s) ticket to the Super Bowl in February. In response, long-standing conspiracy theories around the NFL’s “scriptwriting” for football seasons clashed with right-wing conspiracy theorists claiming Swift’s involvement with Kelce is part of a deep state plot to gin up support for President Joe Biden in the 2024 election. The result is as ugly as it is stupid.

Former presidential candidate and MAGA blowhard Vivek Ramaswamy tweeted on Monday that he wondered “who’s going to win the Super Bowl next month,” adding, “I wonder if there’s a major presidential endorsement coming from an artificially culturally propped-up couple this fall. Just some wild speculation over here, let’s see how it ages over the next 8 months.”

Ramaswamy was responding to a tweet from Pizzagate conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec suggesting a suspicious shift in Swift’s political leanings over the past several years.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...ed-conspiracies-chiefs-super-bowl-1234955940/

George Soros has just bought all the rights to Taylor Swift's songs. All that is now needed is a conspiracy theorist to join the dots.

George Soros has just bought all the rights to Taylor Swift's songs. All that is now needed is a conspiracy theorist to join the dots.

This happened back in 2019 and Swift was annoyed by it. She's not going to do anything to please Soros.

Pop singer Taylor Swift called out billionaire investor George Soros in a Thursday speech, saying the Democratic megadonor and his family bankrolled the exploitation of her music.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/taylor-swift-calls-out-george-soros-in-award-speech/

This happened back in 2019 and Swift was annoyed by it. She's not going to do anything to please Soros.

Pop singer Taylor Swift called out billionaire investor George Soros in a Thursday speech, saying the Democratic megadonor and his family bankrolled the exploitation of her music.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/taylor-swift-calls-out-george-soros-in-award-speech/
My mistake.

I keep getting caught out by articles not having dates on them and when using a search engine I assumed it would produce the most recent results.

Also, George Soros didn’t buy them, Ithaca Holdings, of which Soros owns a stake, did. It involves Taylor Swift’s first 6 albums.

From Wiki:

Scooter Braun is an American media proprietor, talent manager, and businessman known for managing the careers of music artists Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, and Kanye West through his media company, SB Projects.

In June 2019, The Wall Street Journal, followed by other mainstream media, reported that Braun's holding company, Ithaca HoldingsLLC., had fully acquired Big Machine Label Group by purchasing it for an estimated $330 million.

The purchase encompassed all aspects of Big Machine's business, including its client roster, distribution deals, publishing rights, and music masters, and was financed by American private equity companies such as the Carlyle Group, 23 Capital, and Soros Fund Management, all of which owned a stake in Ithaca.

In a joint announcement, the companies claimed that the buyout "creates one of the most powerful label, management, streaming, publishing and media companies by combining complimentary services, artists, executives and expertise”.

As part of the acquisition, the ownership of all of the masters and copyrights owned by Big Machine, including those of Swift's first six studio albums, transferred to Braun. Borchetta joined the Ithaca board of directors, acquiring a minority interest in Ithaca, and remained as the president and CEO of Big Machine.

Venture Capitalism at work. I think Taylor Swift has been re-recording some of her early stuff, the new recordings with a different publishing deal in order to regain control of them.

Also, George Soros didn’t buy them, Ithaca Holdings, of which Soros owns a stake, did. It involves Taylor Swift’s first 6 albums.

From Wiki:

Venture Capitalism at work. I think Taylor Swift has been re-recording some of her early stuff, the new recordings with a different publishing deal in order to regain control of them.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Time for me to stop using Google for anything.

Thing is, rich people invest to make money. Not always for 'ethical' considerations or political control.
Don't give up on Google ... but use with awareness of its faults and pitfalls. Google doesn't contain knowledge - it gives clues to follow up.
Like Wikipedia, it's useful as the opening to a rabbit hole but it is NOT the fount of all knowledge.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Time for me to stop using Google for anything.
It’s always worth a little digging to see how much water these stories carry.

The main difference with Duck Duck Go is it doesn’t log or track your search history, unlike Google which does. They’re both search engines & will probably direct you to similar sites, though I think if you pay Google you can get your site up their list..

Pros & cons are detailed here:

https://surfshark.com/blog/is-duckduckgo-safe

It’s always worth a little digging to see how much water these stories carry.

The main difference with Duck Duck Go is it doesn’t log or track your search history, unlike Google which does. They’re both search engines & will probably direct you to similar sites, though I think if you pay Google you can get your site up their list..

Pros & cons are detailed here:

https://surfshark.com/blog/is-duckduckgo-safe
Seem a good 'un. I'll use that when I'm on this laptop. Thanks.

Putting the Taylor Swift Conspiracy in contest.

America has always been a suspicious society, famed for its persecution of imaginary subversives, from witches to commies hiding under the bed. But that terrible history almost seems quaint today when disinformation experts agree we now live in the Golden Age of Conspiracy Theories. This movement has even swept up pop idol Taylor Swift and the 2024 election, as you may have heard, into only the latest reductio ad absurdum of the era.

There’s a lot going on at the moment. UFOs are now mainstream, and it’s only a matter of time before Bigfoot gets a congressional hearing. We all know someone who sputters about climate change being a hoax, the 2020 election being stolen or microchips being in vaccines. As the Associated Press noted in January, “conspiracy theories and those who believe them seem to be playing an outsize role in politics and culture.”

Swift would no doubt concur. The global pop icon is, according to right-wing media pundits and political figures, at the center of a Pentagon plot to rig the Super Bowl and help Joe Biden get reelected. This bonkers conspiracy narrative—with election deniers now openly rooting for the San Francisco(!) 49ers against the heartland’s Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl—recently broke the Internet and was mocked by Jimmy Kimmel, Saturday Night Live and a Biden administration official who told Politico, “The absurdity of it all boggles the mind.” ...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...ift-conspiracies-reveal-according-to-science/

What is the media obsession with Taylor Swift? Until a few weeks ago I'd never heard of her.
Unintentionally, she's useful: the right can use her as an 'example'; the conspiracy nutters like a 'famous' participant, and the left can point out how the right is being butt-hurt for nothing.
It's not what she's said or done - she's a symbol 'out there' to be used.

Unintentionally, she's useful: the right can use her as an 'example'; the conspiracy nutters like a 'famous' participant, and the left can point out how the right is being butt-hurt for nothing.
It's not what she's said or done - she's a symbol 'out there' to be used.
Who are 'the right'. I'm pretty ignorant of these things. Thanks.

Taylor Swift at Kansas City Chiefs Superbowl this year kissing Chief’s playerTravis Taylor broke TV record of 124 million viewers watching.

Yesterday she broke the Melbourne Cricket Stadium record at 96,000 thousand looking on.

She is more than an entertainer but a way of life.

What is the media obsession with Taylor Swift? Until a few weeks ago I'd never heard of her.
She’s the biggest pop star on the planet at the moment, making the most money & she’s an attractive woman. It’s not really surprising she’s all over the media.

As to never hearing of her, I couldn’t name or sing you one of her songs but I don’t think she’s aiming at men of your [or my] age.

Starting around June of this year, Taylor Swift will give numerous performances in the UK and Europe.

I think in the UK will be Edinburgh, London, and Cardiff as some of the cities.

She’s the biggest pop star on the planet at the moment, making the most money & she’s an attractive woman. It’s not really surprising she’s all over the media.

As to never hearing of her, I couldn’t name or sing you one of her songs but I don’t think she’s aiming at men of your [or my] age.
Thank god for that. At 66, I wouldn't know where to begin and I don't know if I could be bothered or, dare I say it, if it would be worth the effort on my part. One advantage of getting older is the enjoyment of simply just looking.

My dad often said to me that you know when your getting older. You prefer women with their clothes on. I never understood that when younger, I do now. A well dressed woman is a sight to behold.

And sorry to all the ladies on here, no insult intended. It's me getting older and I now prefer women who are 'mature' like a good wine.

I won't be doing a google search for Taylor Swift. I know in advance what the pictures of her will look like.

Last edited:
The city of Melbourne, Australia reported that the Taylor Swift shows added 1.2 Billion dollars to their economy.

This thread claims that the Pentagon used Taylor Swift to rig the Super Bowel and also an agent to help get President Biden to win the presidency.

I was just pointing out the extreme power she has and all of the cities of the world who want her shows because she always enriches their finances.

Is she a government agent ?

Back