• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Ship

I'm just glad you're still alive and haven't blown up on the launch pad.

Here, un moment, Human, why are you spending so much time on the Jersey Devil site when the world will be destroyed soon? Isn't it a bit of a waste of your energies when you could be packing?

Is there a new date? If so, why haven't we been told?

Hmm....what about some up dates on the pix and so forth (weren't they promised a while back)?

gncxx said:
Here, un moment, Human, why are you spending so much time on the Jersey Devil site when the world will be destroyed soon? Isn't it a bit of a waste of your energies when you could be packing?
A good point - if the rest of us are going to be wiped out, who's going to look at your website?

Perhaps it is a website only for those who are saved? (and their alien overlords, of course) ;)

Do we get a timeline to doomsday?

Mr Human didn't claim that everyone would die in the forthcoming pole shift, merely that "Drastically higher water levels along with intense and extended quakes and tremors will likely eliminate most people".

Presumably, the survivors will be in urgent need of accurate information about the Jersey Devil. Knowledge is power. Especially when you live in a post-apocalyptic wasteland swarming with hungry Jersey Devils.

jerseydevil.jpg

Earnest discussion, mate!

While we await H84's next installment.

Stop bumping this thread & let it die like the death it deserves!!

Diabolik8 said:

This thread won't die, it'll be saved and taken to the stars.

Diabolik8 said:

This must be some new use of the word 'bump...' Sorry mate, I don't understand what you mean, is that code for something? In what sense am I a bumper, or is that bumpee? And have I bumped, been bumpious or did I engange in bumposity?

Bumped if I know...

sunsplash1 said:
Diabolik8 said:

This must be some new use of the word 'bump...' Sorry mate, I don't understand what you mean, is that code for something? In what sense am I a bumper, or is that bumpee? And have I bumped, been bumpious or did I engange in bumposity?

Bumped if I know...

common internet forum slang. adding a new post "bumps" the thread to the top of the most recently active list. And now you know...

Thanks for that! PhiloT

You learn something new...

The only time I've read 'Bump' in here is in reference to something that 'mods' do in the privacy of their own homes...

So, what' happenning with this ship business?

Well it could be any number of things Sunsplash,

(a) the cones have not arrived
(b) waiting for further instructions from this Hamel person
(c) the end of the world has been postponed so that its not necessary to rush the building
(d) Works stopped for an exceptionally long tea-break
(e) Work on his Jersey Devil site has suddenly becoming more important than saving himself from the upcoming apocolypse
(f) The aliens have gone back to wherever it is they came from
(g) Human is getting together some detailed schematics, photos and synopsis of how the machine will actually work before getting back to us

or maybe its all a load of cobblers.

I'd love to see the powerpoint presentation for that last bit, point g, before the cobblers reference...

So would everyone else Sunsplash but i wouldn't be holding my breath if i was you.

were cobblers really that bad in olden days as theyve gotten a really raw deal.

While being an essential skilled tradesmen in any medieval settlement, they were reknowned for talking nonsense while they worked. Thus we have the phrase "You are talking a load of cobblers!"

While being an essential skilled tradesmen in any medieval settlement, they were reknowned for talking nonsense while they worked. Thus we have the phrase "You are talking a load of cobblers!"

Any cobblers in your family tree Stormkhan? :D

The rhyming slang "Cobbler's awls" was the explanation given to me by my East London parents.

However, I prefer a more imaginative and possibly creative explanation, regardless of actual reality ... hence the link to this thread.

Stormkhan said:
The rhyming slang "Cobbler's awls" was the explanation given to me by my East London parents.

However, I prefer a more imaginative and possibly creative explanation, regardless of actual reality ... hence the link to this thread.

So let me get this right... deep breath Human is using a cobbler's awl given to him by cockneys (but designed by Egyptians) to make screw holes on the bits of wood on his spaceship that's powered by somekind of fridge magnets and which won't drag us down into a cosmic rabbit hole but might blow us up and that he's completing only after he's finished his Jersey Devil site website which noone will see when we're all killed in the forthcoming cataclysm anyway?

Human, will you have a parking space at work for this thing?

Back