• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
They do. I took a look on their Facebook page, someone asked when it airs, but someone else responded with-

So :dunno:

Well, arse to C5, then, they're obviously happier airing reality TV rip-offs. Maybe Amazon will come to my rescue.

I'll withhold judgment until I've seen subsequent episodes.

It's common for re-boots and season premieres to be little more than scene- and context-setting exercises like last night's episode.

In addition, this particular premiere had to make room for some notable revelations (which I'll demur from specifying, insofar as they're significant spoilers).

Nonetheless, I'll mention one ... We finally know the Cigarette Smoking Man's real name ...

About 15 years ago, he was called Spender. Has this changed?

I really like the x Files, but can't stand the alien conspiracy crap, it's facile. If it's about that I'll not bother, if it's going to be monster of the week I'll be glued to it.

Reactions: Jim
About 15 years ago, he was called Spender. Has this changed?

Yes. His real name is:

Carl Gerhard Busch

... which explains why in earlier series he was referred to as 'C. G. B. Spender'.

I really like the x Files, but can't stand the alien conspiracy crap, it's facile. If it's about that I'll not bother, if it's going to be monster of the week I'll be glued to it.

According to the producers, there will be one-shot 'monster (etc.) of the week' episodes in this Season 11.

I don't know what proportion of this series / season they will represent.

There's alleged to be one episode largely, if not totally, dedicated to Skinner's back story (something we've not seen before).

I think it was Chris Carter who said there'd be at least one 'wacky' (surreal; semi-comic) episode.

l’m still no further forward as to where l can see it. Could someone elucidate, please.

maximus otter

Just been reading that Gillian Anderson says this will be her last ever appearance as Agent Scully. It would be difficult to imagine the show without her. Oh, and she's done with American Gods, too. Hope she's not burning any bridges...

Just been reading that Gillian Anderson says this will be her last ever appearance as Agent Scully. It would be difficult to imagine the show without her.
Didn't the show have that weird 'Reyes and Doggett' phase towards the end of its original run?

Didn't the show have that weird 'Reyes and Doggett' phase towards the end of its original run?

Yes - and Reyes appeared in the season 11 premiere episode.

I noticed! What I mean, weren't there episodes towards the end which were Mulder and Scully free?
I think the whole of series 9 was like that and it was dreadful. They even had an episode called Jumping the Shark.

Scully was always about, if only for a couple of scenes in a particular episode. It was David Duchovny who left the show.

I think the whole of series 9 was like that and it was dreadful. They even had an episode called Jumping the Shark.

Wasn't that the episode where they killed off The Lone Gunmen? Then brought them back somehow in the comeback season?

Wasn't that the episode where they killed off The Lone Gunmen? Then brought them back somehow in the comeback season?
They had their own show briefly. I want it back.

So many spoilers . . . said the on-off fan, who recently made it to the end of Series Three.

That took over twenty years!

I guess I'm not exactly a hardcore fanboy. :omr:

I just want to point out I deliberately left that detail out of my post even though it is the reason I remember that episode!

Yes. Outrageous. I am still quite angry about it even though it is only a TV show! It was like a big F U from the producers to the fans.

They didn't bring them back to life or anything in the comeback but I don't think I would actually have minded too much if TLG had woken up in the shower and found series 9 was all a dream..

I just want to point out I deliberately left that detail out of my post even though it is the reason I remember that episode!

Yes. Outrageous. I am still quite angry about it even though it is only a TV show! It was like a big F U from the producers to the fans.

They didn't bring them back to life or anything in the comeback but I don't think I would actually have minded too much if TLG had woken up in the shower and found series 9 was all a dream..

It was intended as a wrap up to the cancelled Lone Gunmen show much as the Millennium crossover with Lance Henriksen had been - but the Millennium episode didn't kill off Frank Black (though it did see him uncharacteristically battling zombies).

Such a strange decision, they were fan favourite characters, were we supposed to cry or something?

Such a strange decision, they were fan favourite characters, were we supposed to cry or something?
I think we were just meant to stop watching so they didn't have to think about how to end it. At least that's the way the evidence points. :rolleyes:

All this political intrigue, incomprehensible doomsday scenarios and multiple plot tomfoolery, bah. Hard to follow and to much like a cheap action flick. 1st episode of the new season was a bitter disappointment.
Lets get back on track with a good old monster, beasty or supernatural-paranormal phenomena. Personal favorites: the sewer-mutant, the Peacock family "home", the bug-man hiding in plain sight, the lake monster, etc..

That new episode had me remembering why I stopped watching it.
I keep hearing "What a tweest!" in my head.

I thought Jumping The Shark was a good send-off for the Gunmen. It showed they weren't just forgotten and got the chance to go out like heroes.

This newest season has me baffled though.

The episode with the man/lizard freaked me out ,good twist on the man turns into Wolf/Bat/Were Rabitt, tale;)

Reactions: Jim
Just watched the opener on Channel 5.

Spoiler.....

It is a series of still images projected in such a way as to replicate the illusion of movement. Accompanied by a script and narrative equally illusory in terms of narrative and plot.
Conspiracy Theories are cannon-fired out by the actors in a ‘Me Next’ style of tripping over their lines.
Can’t say I’m engrossed thus far.

I watched the first episode.
Meh.

Back