• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Things That Are NOT UFOs

I expect there is at least one pane of glass outside the lens of the webcam, which is responsible for the reflections and the refracted colours.
Yes, it does seem that there is indeed changing counter reflections in the shots caused by the cars interior.

There is a bird directly over the 3rd person the child to the left of the pier, I
don't believe they are birds.
Seems like it's a large Black Backed Gull just coming in to land. The other image could be birds of a different type and colour. . . "maybe?"
1693165182776.png

I was taking photos of the landing lights of an aircraft early one morning recently and the camera had trouble focussing so I had a few odd images. This one is puzzling. It shows the two out of focus lights but one has the appearance of a threaded nut! The lens diaphragm has nine blades, which may have had some influence.
It's not a wormhole or something! Honest!

lights.jpg

Thank you. Yes, it looks as though something like that happened.

Can you folks help me out?

What can hover around or below 500 feet and has green and red alternately flashing lights?

Seen from car today, close to home, over farmland around 10pm. We were thinking small hellychopter or large drone?

Can you folks help me out?

What can hover around or below 500 feet and has green and red alternately flashing lights?

Seen from car today, close to home, over farmland around 10pm. We were thinking small hellychopter or large drone?

I've seen drones with green flashing lights and I think larger drones in the UK (eg police drones) will have red, green and white lights fitted.

Sounds like it could be a farmer checking on his crops/livestock I'm sure their hi tech tools ie drones are getting more sophisticated!

Interesting speculation on strange phenomena and their popularity:

Levitation is one of the best of all entry points into the history of the impossible, principally because it is an event for which we have an overabundance of testimonies, not just in Western Christianity but throughout all of world history.

People don’t report seeing flying people the way they used to. Is that because people have become more rational or because the socially acceptable form of vision has changed?

https://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2023/09/ifos.html

Well, I think it's more a selection bias. looking at millennia of reports and seeing oh that's a lot... when it might be once a century?

I've seen drones with green flashing lights and I think larger drones in the UK (eg police drones) will have red, green and white lights fitted.

Sounds like it could be a farmer checking on his crops/livestock I'm sure their hi tech tools ie drones are getting more sophisticated!

I've seen them used to map fields for crop spraying etc.

Interesting info @BS3 , thanks! Having a quick squiz online does seem to confirm your statement.

I'm not sure farmers would have their drones out at 10pm at night, but I have seen what I think was a drone out in the late spring one light evening, a slowly flying object, at lower heights with a white light?

Interesting info @BS3 , thanks! Having a quick squiz online does seem to confirm your statement.

I'm not sure farmers would have their drones out at 10pm at night, but I have seen what I think was a drone out in the late spring one light evening, a slowly flying object, at lower heights with a white light?
I personally have to consider the possibility the drone might have FLIR cameras for security or whatever.

Well I wouldn't know as I'm out of touch with the farming community these days but I do know there is alwyas more work than time available to do it, so working that late wouldn't surprise me ... depends what sensors are available for drones I suppose as to how much help they'd be in the dark.

Well I wouldn't know as I'm out of touch with the farming community these days but I do know there is alwyas more work than time available to do it, so working that late wouldn't surprise me ... depends what sensors are available for drones I suppose as to how much help they'd be in the dark.
My late Scottish 'Uncle Bob' (in Aberfeldy) used to out working the tractor late into the night, I remember seeing the brightly lit tractor lamps mounted at various places around the pea harvester.

My late Scottish 'Uncle Bob' (in Aberfeldy) used to out working the tractor late into the night, I remember seeing the brightly lit tractor lamps mounted at various places around the pea harvester.
When the weather is a bit dodgy (as it was this year), harvest often ran right through the night in an attempt to get the barley in before the next lot of predicted rain. My entire village was surrounded by combines and tractors running through the night.

I was throwing the trash to the bin last night and there was a strange hum in the immediate area.

I was thinking definitely a UFO for sure, and I did not have my cell phone for pictures.

No, it was a brand new electric Amazon delivery van dropping off packages.

I forgot that in our area Amazon went to all electric delivery vans, and I guess they set the van to make a humming sound.

I know electric cars have the option to make noise or not make noise.

I was throwing the trash to the bin last night and there was a strange hum in the immediate area.

I was thinking definitely a UFO for sure, and I did not have my cell phone for pictures.

No, it was a brand new electric Amazon delivery van dropping off packages.

I forgot that in our area Amazon went to all electric delivery vans, and I guess they set the van to make a humming sound.

I know electric cars have the option to make noise or not make noise.
I believe the Jungle (Amazon), is also well known for having the humming sounds of the night-time creepy-crawlers!

Could it be an owl? I had one fly past me last night - we had quite a lot of wind and a little owl went past my windscreen at an absolute rate of knots.

Back