• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Rrose_Selavy

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I like chocolate too but you can have too much....

US man survives chocolate ordeal
A 21-year-old US man ended up in hospital after spending two hours trapped in a vat of chocolate, police in Wisconsin said on Friday.
The man said he had climbed into the tank before becoming trapped waist-deep in chocolate, police chief Randy Berner told AP news agency.

However, other reports suggest he was stirring the chocolate when he fell in.

Rescue workers and staff at the Debelis Corporation used cocoa-butter to thin out the chocolate and pull him free.

"It was pretty thick. It was virtually like quicksand," Captain Berner said.

"It's the first time I've ever heard of anything like this," he added.

The worker said his ankles were sore after the incident, and he was taken to a local hospital where he is recovering.

The accident involved dark chocolate.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/w ... 264566.stm

Published: 2006/08/18 16:53:03 GMT

© BBC MMVI

OMG, it's the Smothers' Brothers song! "I fell into a vat of chocolate, I fell into a vat of chocolate!" I've forgotten the precise lyrics past that, but the protagonist yells "Fire!" because no one would come if he yelled "Chocolate!"

How odd that they thought to add "The incident involved dark chocolate". Like, if it had been milk, he would have eaten his way free but he wasn't especially fond of dark.

It's like that old tale... A woman gets a phone call from the brewery where her husband works.
"I am afraid your husband fell into a vat of bitter and drowned earlier".
"Was it quick?" she says between sobs.
"Well... He got out to go to the toilet three times."

Laugh... The tears rolled down my leg :lol:

Somebody'll probably bite into a Twix and discover 'Allah' in Arabic script along the biscuit base.

Probably good for his skin, though. There's a hotel/spa in Hershey, PA, that offers a chocolate bath.

kirmildew said:
How odd that they thought to add "The incident involved dark chocolate". Like, if it had been milk, he would have eaten his way free but he wasn't especially fond of dark.

Eat his way out? :shock: This was American chocolate, remember...

WhistlingJack said:
kirmildew said:

Eat his way out? :shock: This was American chocolate, remember...

American confectioners market a great deal of high-quality chocolate bars and confections. Although when you read the fine print on a package of top-end chocolate, you generally find that they're buying their chocolate from the Belgians!

The one mass-market American-made chocolate that's half-decent is Ghirardelli's; they make very decent dark chocolate bars; as good as run-of-the-mill European, at least. And yet you're more likely to find Ghirardelli bars stocked with the flour and other baking supplies than with the rest of the candy. Most Americans don't like dark chocolate. The fools...

kirmildew said:
How odd that they thought to add "The incident involved dark chocolate". Like, if it had been milk, he would have eaten his way free but he wasn't especially fond of dark...
It's the War on Terror! Milk or White chocolate is fine, but this dark stuff? You just can't trust it!! :sceptic:

Plus, it'd be in liquid form, so you couldn't even take it on a plane.

This chocolate vat ordeal saved a woman's life.

Fall into giant vat of liquid chocolate saves woman’s life in factory explosion​

Patricia Borges’ arm went up in flames as the floor of the R.M. Palmer Company chocolate factory in Pennsylvania, US, caved in - but she managed to save her own life by diving into a vat of chocolate which extinguished the fire on her body

Patricia Borges lies in a hospital bed after the chocolate factory she worked in exploded

Patricia Borges lies in a hospital bed after the chocolate factory she worked in exploded (Image: Aaron Paz)

A woman pulled alive from the aftermath of a Pennsylvania factory explosion which killed seven co-workers survived after falling into a vat of liquid chocolate.

Flames had engulfed the RM Palmer Co factory in West Reading and Patricia Borges’ arm when the floor collapsed, sending her into the chocolate and extinguishing the flames.

The 50-year-old, who broke her collarbone and both of her heels in the fall, was rescued from the rubble nine hours later.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/fall-giant-vat-liquid-chocolate-29606010

Back