• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFOs: Seen One? Personal UFO Sightings (IHTM; Miscellaneous)

I've also posted this in the 'Good Stuff Online Thread'

I've just come across this site on Twitter:

https://www.isaackoi.com/

A vast repository of UFO accounts both in print and video from categorised from around the World.
The man behind it is a barrister from London and Forteana & UFOs are his passion according to his Twitter page.
I think I'll be getting lost here for some hours.

Isaac, are you here amongst us?

Isaac Koi is very good at finding out the truths behind the myths.

He mostly posts at Above Top Secret. His work on the Dogon 'mystery' is particularly impressive.

It has been reported that the Impala Airport, Manipur was shut down on November 19th as Indian Rafael Jets gave chase to a UFO.

it seems there is very little information about this claim, so I don’t know any details.

Isaac Koi is very good at finding out the truths behind the myths.

He mostly posts at Above Top Secret. His work on the Dogon 'mystery' is particularly impressive.
Well I'll be dog-on'ing to in a while I expect.

It has been reported that the Impala Airport, Manipur was shut down on November 19th as Indian Rafael Jets gave chase to a UFO.
it seems there is very little information about this claim, so I don’t know any details.
This is a tricky one. The airport was apparently shut down from 2pm to 4pm, during the day.

However the video associated with this report was filmed at twilight, several hours later.

By comparing the position of the white, pointlike object in this video to the position of the Moon, it can be demonstrated that the pointlike object is Jupiter.
see
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/ufo-spotted-over-imphal-airport-manipur-india.13261/#post-306185

So the video shows a natural celestial object; however this is unlikely to account for the 'small, dronelike object' seen during the day.
I suspect, but cannot prove, that the small, dronelike object may have been a drone.

This is a tricky one. The airport was apparently shut down from 2pm to 4pm, during the day.

However the video associated with this report was filmed at twilight, several hours later.

By comparing the position of the white, pointlike object in this video to the position of the Moon, it can be demonstrated that the pointlike object is Jupiter.
see
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/ufo-spotted-over-imphal-airport-manipur-india.13261/#post-306185

So the video shows a natural celestial object; however this is unlikely to account for the 'small, dronelike object' seen during the day.
I suspect, but cannot prove, that the small, dronelike object may have been a drone.

Well, it seems that the two 'Rafale' jets didn't pick up on anything either.

UFOs are like the 1972 movie The Godfather.

Just when you have broken free from the mob, they pull you back in.

I am not really sure but a few nights ago there was a possible faint blue light was moving through the sky for a few seconds.

I just thought blue was a strange color.

I guess it could have been anything.

@Lord Lucan Thanks for that link, as a resident of the Duchy I was delighted to find this case;

1. Jenny Randles : Newmill, Cornwall, 17 September 1977.
Probably my closest 'famous' multiple-witness UFO case and yet despite following Jenny's work I wasn't aware of it:

"In September 1977 a young Cornish couple saw a strange glowing blob floating around the outside of their cottage. In the days afterwards the couple both became violently ill with an unexplained illness resembling radiation poisoning."

“It was about 9.30 p.m. when I went downstairs to get on my bike and go out for the evening. I had a feeling Pete had followed me down and was standing behind me, so I turned around and saw this kind of green-haze-thing no more than four metres away from me. I just could not believe it, so I walked up to the thing. It seemed about two metres away and coming closer. I was just staring at it in disbelief, then went to tell Pete.
They arrived just as Pete came downstairs with his spectacles. We could not spot the thing at first, but when we looked over towards the big tree on the edge of Mr. Stone’s property, there it was — sort of red and green and silver, flashing at a thirty degree angle above the tree. I did not really feel frightened at the time, I just felt interested.”

https://www.paranormalcatalog.net/ufos/the-newmill-green-blob-ufo?utm_content=cmp-true

@Lord Lucan Thanks for that link, as a resident of the Duchy I was delighted to find this case;

1. Jenny Randles : Newmill, Cornwall, 17 September 1977.
Probably my closest 'famous' multiple-witness UFO case and yet despite following Jenny's work I wasn't aware of it:

"In September 1977 a young Cornish couple saw a strange glowing blob floating around the outside of their cottage. In the days afterwards the couple both became violently ill with an unexplained illness resembling radiation poisoning."

“It was about 9.30 p.m. when I went downstairs to get on my bike and go out for the evening. I had a feeling Pete had followed me down and was standing behind me, so I turned around and saw this kind of green-haze-thing no more than four metres away from me. I just could not believe it, so I walked up to the thing. It seemed about two metres away and coming closer. I was just staring at it in disbelief, then went to tell Pete.
They arrived just as Pete came downstairs with his spectacles. We could not spot the thing at first, but when we looked over towards the big tree on the edge of Mr. Stone’s property, there it was — sort of red and green and silver, flashing at a thirty degree angle above the tree. I did not really feel frightened at the time, I just felt interested.”

https://www.paranormalcatalog.net/ufos/the-newmill-green-blob-ufo?utm_content=cmp-true
Full report here;

http://www.ignaciodarnaude.com/avistamientos_ovnis/Cox,UFOs 1977 near menhirs,England,FSR77V24N1.pdf

Can see why Jenny Randles rated this one: it has multiple credible witnesses, doesn't conform to stereotypes and cliches about 'flying saucers' and no-one underwent hypnotic regression two-four years after the event and then claimed to have been abducted by alien greys etc..

My first thought was Earthlights as this region has experienced earthquakes and tremors in the past and so it was interesting to find this same theory put across here for Carn Brea (not so far from the encounters):

Bart O’Farrell, a dowser known as the ‘Wizard on the Lizard’, studied earth energies and had some interesting thoughts on UFO sightings in Cornwall . . .

“There’s an interesting thing about geological faults, one of the biggest areas of UFO sightings is Carn Brea . . . Carn Brea has a geological fault going through it, an absolute cracker. We get earthquakes, they happen all the time, the two sides of the geological fault rub together. And because it’s quartz and granite these two rub together and you get sparks . . .

https://cornishbirdblog.com/ufos-in-cornwall/

Full report here;

http://www.ignaciodarnaude.com/avistamientos_ovnis/Cox,UFOs 1977 near menhirs,England,FSR77V24N1.pdf

Can see why Jenny Randles rated this one: it has multiple credible witnesses, doesn't conform to stereotypes and cliches about 'flying saucers' and no-one underwent hypnotic regression two-four years after the event and then claimed to have been abducted by alien greys etc..

That's a genuinely odd one.

I find it quite hard to get a handle on what the objects actually looked like after reading the descriptions. Some of the stuff in the sky sounds a bit like radically misperceived astronomical objects, but then you have the initial 'blob' sighting.

I note the young couple were doing work on their home at the time and the thought came up that maybe they were exposed to hydrogen sulfide ("stinkdamp") from a sewerage system - this can cause hallucinations and sickness after exposure? A very long shot.

That's a genuinely odd one.

I find it quite hard to get a handle on what the objects actually looked like after reading the descriptions. Some of the stuff in the sky sounds a bit like radically misperceived astronomical objects, but then you have the initial 'blob' sighting.

I note the young couple were doing work on their home at the time and the thought came up that maybe they were exposed to hydrogen sulfide ("stinkdamp") from a sewerage system - this can cause hallucinations and sickness after exposure? A very long shot.
That's an interesting angle. The later UFO reports were not all that convincing (especially the A30 one as it is a busy road at all times) and also worth noting that she initially thought she had seen ghost.

As usual we have an artist's impression from an artist who doesn't seem to have read the actual report:

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 09.22.13.png

That is not "red lights within a green oval'. Might seem be nitpicking here but this has been a consistent flaw with UFO reports as readers will accept the illustration on face value and such illustrations were often biased in favour of the extraterrestrial hypothesis (eg the Cash-Landrum Case).

That's an interesting angle. The later UFO reports were not all that convincing (especially the A30 one as it is a busy road at all times)

As usual we have an artist's impression from an artist who doesn't seem to have read the actual report:

View attachment 75608

That is not "red lights within a green oval'. Might seem be nitpicking here but this has been a consistent flaw with UFO reports as readers will accept the illustration on face value and such illustrations were often biased in favour of the extraterrestrial hypothesis (eg the Cash-Landrum Case).

Yes, the illustration doesn't really match the description given. The fact that Peter described it as casting light on the wall is interesting, I think. The object seen in the sky was also described as having "silver" parts, as being "a bit elongated", and as seeming to be "on top of another thing", perhaps something like a "pole" or "fin" (no, me neither).

The thing that bothers me a bit is that both witnesses left before returning and relocating the object in the sky (Peter to get his spectacles, Caroline to get the two other witnesses). So the connection between the object seen by Caroline in front of the barn and the one in the sky is ultimately based on assumption, although the witnesses seemed certain it was the same object.

Really like the case, though. I'd not heard of it either.

Interestingly someone claiming to be Caroline has left a comment below the article.

Yes, the illustration doesn't really match the description given. The fact that Peter described it as casting light on the wall is interesting, I think. The object seen in the sky was also described as having "silver" parts, as being "a bit elongated", and as seeming to be "on top of another thing", perhaps something like a "pole" or "fin" (no, me neither).

The thing that bothers me a bit is that both witnesses left before returning and relocating the object in the sky (Peter to get his spectacles, Caroline to get the two other witnesses). So the connection between the object seen by Caroline in front of the barn and the one in the sky is ultimately based on assumption, although the witnesses seemed certain it was the same object.

Really like the case, though. I'd not heard of it either.

Interestingly someone claiming to be Caroline has left a comment below the article.
Also interesting that after five months the blog author - who appears o be anonymous - hasn't relied to Caroline.

The reports state that the unexplained illnesses started about a week after the encounter, so are the two related or was at least one due to environmental factors associated with renovating an old building (as @BS3 alludes to).

Well for a change it is sunny down here today so I'm off out but maybe have a look at the star charts for that date and area later today or tomorrow to check if they were perhaps seeing Venus or another bright celestial object when they though they were seeing 'it' in the sky

Last edited:
Edit to the above:

I hate to say it because it might be insulting to the witnesses, but a skeptic might argue that the size, illumination and behaviour of this object plus the second one moving in the sky are reminiscent of home-made Chinese lanterns seen at night, which in this case would have been made using green paper:

chinese-lantern-flies-high-night-sky-making-wishes-releasing-paper-flying-lantern-sky-chinese...jpeg

This would have been before these lanterns were widely known about and would explain the later sightings of two of them in the sky.

That's an interesting angle. The later UFO reports were not all that convincing (especially the A30 one as it is a busy road at all times) and also worth noting that she initially thought she had seen ghost.

View attachment 75608

Exactly! What's to stop the witness making there own interpretation of what they saw for themselves?
Relying on 'an artistic interpretation' and not theirs can highly distort things, and leaves an open door to introduce extensions to the initial facts (shall-we-say).
Depends totally on how well the witness' relays their accounts, and attention to details.

Recently got my friend to recount her UFO experience, which she told us years ago. She's from Maine and it's very Stephen King, in a way. Just growing up somewhere slightly off the beaten track and in her childhood (so this would probably be early 1970s) falling asleep on the sofa downstairs then waking up to put herself to bed properly, she looked out of a window and saw this huge craft (classic UFO-sounding experience), hovering over her house briefly that then shot away, lit up like a christmas tree. To this day, she can't decide if it wasn't a dream but she remembers waking up and going to the window before going upstairs (which could still be a dream, of course). She literally can't decide whether she saw it or not.

ETA: Just realised this is before Close Encounters etc. Makes me wonder if there wasn't a spate of sightings there, in the early 70s that inspired the late 70s' - 1980s' films about UFOs?

Also interesting that after five months the blog author - who appears o be anonymous - hasn't relied to Caroline.

The reports state that the unexplained illnesses started about a week after the encounter, so are the two related or was at least one due to environmental factors associated with renovating an old building (as @BS3 alludes to).

Well for a change it is sunny down here today so I'm off out but maybe have a look at the star charts for that date and area later today or tomorrow to check if they were perhaps seeing Venus or another bright celestial object when they though they were seeing 'it' in the sky

I think one of the main 'tells' would be if Venus set a relatively short time after the sighting, as the 'main' object in the sky disappeared at that point with another apparent 'object' remaining visible in the north west (perhaps another planet or bright star). The second one was according to the witnesses visible on the next night, which strongly suggests something astronomical.

Again, this doesn't explain the illuminated green oval in front of the barn but as mentioned previously, both Caroline and Peter seem to have taken their eyes off the latter before spotting whatever it was in the sky.

Below is Terry Cox's original article from FSR although you'll note that the majority of this is reproduced in the online article linked to previously:

Screenshot_20240412-152538_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20240412-152555_Drive.jpg

OK, the sky at 9.30pm at Penzance on the night in question doesn't throw up anything particularly obvious. Looking at what I believe to be the right spot in Newmill via Google Maps (the old Post Office is an Airbnb these days, perhaps predictably enough for Cornwall) then the witnesses were probably seeing the 'object' in the sky to the north, or slightly east of north.

OK, the sky at 9.30pm at Penzance on the night in question doesn't throw up anything particularly obvious. Looking at what I believe to be the right spot in Newmill via Google Maps (the old Post Office is an Airbnb these days, perhaps predictably enough for Cornwall) then the witnesses were probably seeing the 'object' in the sky to the north, or slightly east of north.
Definitely wasn't Venus.

I really like this case and given that the primary witness is still with us would make a great episode of Uncanny. But I am wary of a Ufologist being involved in what was more akin to ball lightning or so-called earthquake lights than a solid object that might have been an extraterrestrial craft and he may have asked them quite leading questions. But the initial sighting by Caroline is detailed, intriguing and and as yet unexplained

Definitely wasn't Venus.

I really like this case and given that the primary witness is still with us would make a great episode of Uncanny. But I am wary of a Ufologist being involved in what was more akin to ball lightning or so-called earthquake lights than a solid object that might have been an extraterrestrial craft and he may have asked them quite leading questions. But the initial sighting by Caroline is detailed, intriguing and and as yet unexplained

The ufologist's involvement does complicate things a bit given that the later article by Jenny Randles in The Probe Report, Oct 1982 makes it clear that Cox was himself a UFO experiencer who saw and photographed balls of light near his home in Bodmin. Given that after the passage of forty-odd years memories would be quite unreliable (if the witnesses could be traced at all) then you find yourself wishing that the investigator had asked more detailed questions back in 1977.

The sky map evidence suggests that none of the usual suspects are responsible for that part of the sighting, but it would have been helpful to know stuff like how the 'first' object disappeared from the sky for example (did it move away? Set? Vanish?)

The ufologist's involvement does complicate things a bit given that the later article by Jenny Randles in The Probe Report, Oct 1982 makes it clear that Cox was himself a UFO experiencer who saw and photographed balls of light near his home in Bodmin. Given that after the passage of forty-odd years memories would be quite unreliable (if the witnesses could be traced at all) then you find yourself wishing that the investigator had asked more detailed questions back in 1977.

The sky map evidence suggests that none of the usual suspects are responsible for that part of the sighting, but it would have been helpful to know stuff like how the 'first' object disappeared from the sky for example (did it move away? Set? Vanish?)
Indeed, "Was the object moving with the wind/breeze or under its own power?" is a major omission

Just found this:

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 11.40.14.png

So not only is this part of Cornwall geologically active and has a history of earthquakes and tremors but it is also included in this paper on earthquake lights:

Prevalence of Earthquake Lights Associated
with Rift Environments
by Robert Thériault, France St-Laurent, Friedemann T. Freund, and John S. Derr

Seismological Research Letters Volume 85, Number 1 January/February 2014 159

http://www.ltpaobserverproject.com/uploads/3/0/2/0/3020041/prevalence_of_earthquake_lights_associat.pd

Indeed, "Was the object moving with the wind/breeze or under its own power?" is a major omission

I have a strong feeling that the objects on the second night might have been stars misperceived by excited and expectant witnesses: Caroline had already been talking about a "spaceship" so they would not have been in a very objective frame of mind. If one of these was in the same position as the second object seen on the first night, then it's also a possibility that was astronomical too.

The big question mark is over the green oval seen close to ground level and whether it was indeed the same thing as the one seen for a short time over the tree on the next door property. The witnesses describe the latter as "flashing" which sounds a bit star-like. Twinkling stars can produce all kinds of effects (including the impression of "projections") and the "tiny angular movements" reported by Mrs Gibbons also sound a bit similar to autokinesis, though other elements of the description are a bit harder to square with an astronomical object.

I have a strong feeling that the objects on the second night might have been stars misperceived by excited and expectant witnesses: Caroline had already been talking about a "spaceship" so they would not have been in a very objective frame of mind. If one of these was in the same position as the second object seen on the first night, then it's also a possibility that was astronomical too.

The big question mark is over the green oval seen close to ground level and whether it was indeed the same thing as the one seen for a short time over the tree on the next door property. The witnesses describe the latter as "flashing" which sounds a bit star-like. Twinkling stars can produce all kinds of effects (including the impression of "projections") and the "tiny angular movements" reported by Mrs Gibbons also sound a bit similar to autokinesis, though other elements of the description are a bit harder to square with an astronomical object.
Also a lot of helicopter activity down here with RNAS Culdrose and Search & Rescue and these carry red and green navigation lights. Whilst obviously noisy close up, I have have seen helicopter lights in the distance and not been able to hear anything.

I had mention in a few posts above that a few days ago I was curious about a blue light traveling across the night sky.

This brought back memories of two blue UFOs in my past.

One was early in my marriage when I was taking out the garbage to the bin and there was a stationary blue light in the night sky which stayed for about a minute.

But the most bizarre case was back in 1990 when our town was really much smaller.

My wife and I were returning from a night grocery purchase when we noticed a police car in an abandoned parking lot because the store has gone out of business.

Somewhat high in the sky in about a 45 degree angle facing the police car was a blue diamond UFO, so I know the occupants in the car had to have seen it.

Maybe the police people did not see this blue object ?

I slowed down to observe but did not stop.

The next day there was never any information about this situation.

Last edited:
Back