• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFOs: Seen One? Personal UFO Sightings (IHTM; Miscellaneous)

I have seen UFOs but never had witnesses or proof.

But if UFOs are established as real, would societies, banks, religions disintegrate ?

Maybe UFOs should be kept as the secret as it is now.

I don’t think people can handle the truth.
It would totally depend on how we, and they, react to each other. Society and it's structures only breaks down when something breaks it, or pulls it apart, understanding them would have to be number one on our list. I suspect 'they' would know far more about us than we might know about them?

I have seen UFOs but never had witnesses or proof.

But if UFOs are established as real, would societies, banks, religions disintegrate ?

Maybe UFOs should be kept as the secret as it is now.

I don’t think people can handle the truth.
Religions would be in trouble, science and knowledge are like kryptonite to them

Religions would be in trouble, science and knowledge are like kryptonite to them
I think religions would continue. People who have an irrational belief in something will continue to believe in whatever they want.
There might be an increase in violent denialist nutters, though.

I think religions would continue. People who have an irrational belief in something will continue to believe in whatever they want.
There might be an increase in violent denialist nutters, though.
'They' probably would have their own followings, maybe, even one-and-the-same in origin! "Who knows."

I was just cloud watching yesterday when I saw something fly over. I assumed it was a plane. Then I thought, I can't see any wings, or a tail or windows. It was just white. Then I thought haha you can't see the wings etc. it could be a tictac UFO. Then I realised it was completely silent. We get a lot of air traffic round here as we are near a private airfield and that is the base for police, air ambulance, pylon helicopters etc and private aircraft, plus we are on several commercial flight paths and they always make a noise. In face less than a minute after I saw it a jet plane flew over, I couldn't see it but it was loud. Anyway, not saying it was a Tictac, it was moving like you would expect a small plane or helicopter to but why so silent, and why could I not see any features on it? It was too far away to take meaningful pictures.

I was just cloud watching yesterday when I saw something fly over. I assumed it was a plane. Then I thought, I can't see any wings, or a tail or windows. It was just white. Then I thought haha you can't see the wings etc. it could be a tictac UFO. Then I realised it was completely silent. We get a lot of air traffic round here as we are near a private airfield and that is the base for police, air ambulance, pylon helicopters etc and private aircraft, plus we are on several commercial flight paths and they always make a noise. In face less than a minute after I saw it a jet plane flew over, I couldn't see it but it was loud. Anyway, not saying it was a Tictac, it was moving like you would expect a small plane or helicopter to but why so silent, and why could I not see any features on it? It was too far away to take meaningful pictures.
Maybe this is the main reason why you couldn't hear it!

Last edited:
Maybe this is the main reason why you couldn't hear it!
It was below the clouds, shortly after a jet flew over above the clouds and was very loud. If I had taken a pic it would have come out like a small white blob even though it was not that far away. We get lots of small aircraft round here and you can always hear them.

I've just being looking at the photos in my Google account from over the years, (boring Sunday). I found a video I'd forgotten about. It was taken in 2016 and shows two objects flying (floating?) Over some houses. I remember they caught my attention, but all I had was my ' phone so video quality not the best. They were quite far away but I could see they weren't birds. At one point the objects seem to glint as if reflective. There weren't many drones around seven years ago either, at least I don't remember them being very prolific. They would have been too pricey back then for people round here.

So does this 2016 video change your opinion whether UFOs are real or not real ?

I've just being looking at the photos in my Google account from over the years, (boring Sunday). I found a video I'd forgotten about. It was taken in 2016 and shows two objects flying (floating?) Over some houses. I remember they caught my attention, but all I had was my ' phone so video quality not the best. They were quite far away but I could see they weren't birds. At one point the objects seem to glint as if reflective. There weren't many drones around seven years ago either, at least I don't remember them being very prolific. They would have been too pricey back then for people round here.
Seems to show glinting object in the centre of this frame. And another two objects - one to the right-top, and the other lower left.
Could just be balloons made of shiny material, turning as they go and glinting. Probably someone's aftermath from an outside party though I suspect?

Screenshot (298).png

Last edited:
Seems to show glinting object in the centre of this frame. And another two objects - one to the right-top, and the other lower left.
Could just be balloons made of shiny material, turning as they go and glinting. Probably someone's aftermath from an outside party though I suspect?

View attachment 67702
I considered this too.

Reactions: Sid
This is a short extract from the video. I've zoomed in, slowed it to 20% of the original speed and stabilised it. The objects do resemble shiny mylar foil balloons tumbling in the breeze. If they're UFOs the occupants had a bumpy ride.

Attachments

• flying thing.mp4
    1.1 MB
This is a short extract from the video. I've zoomed in, slowed it to 20% of the original speed and stabilised it. The objects do resemble shiny mylar foil balloons tumbling in the breeze. If they're UFOs the occupants had a bumpy ride.
Nicely done. I make no claims. Like I said, I'd forgot I even had the video. Balloon's was my assumption.

Reactions: BS3
Why does it happen when your in a rush,
Crossing Shard Bridge about 11 am today in a rush late for appointment,
across the fields on the left is a very bright pure white light, it's stationary
shining through the top branches of a big tree maybe 3/4 of a mile away,
|Drive this road 2 or 3 times a week for years never seen anything like it,
will leave time next time over to have a look see if I can work out what it was.

Why does it happen when your in a rush,
Crossing Shard Bridge about 11 am today in a rush late for appointment,
across the fields on the left is a very bright pure white light, it's stationary
shining through the top branches of a big tree maybe 3/4 of a mile away,
|Drive this road 2 or 3 times a week for years never seen anything like it,
will leave time next time over to have a look see if I can work out what it was.
Certainly sounds very interesting.

Must check the dashcam its a long way off to the side but will check see if it’s caught any thing

Reactions: Sid
Been passed again today nothing seen it was incredibly bright so couldn’t have missed it the distance and angle were to great for the dash cam so it’s another of life’s little puzzles.

The trees are too high any buildings are well below them did think about the police helicopter with the night sun spot light on, but in daylight? and it looked too big.

Any earthlight type incidents reported in that area?

It sounds as though it will remain a mystery. Even if it was something like a shiny silver balloon caught up in the branches it wouldn't be that bright.

No Earth lights as far as I know though it was in the direction of were they were fracking for oil
and set off a few earth quakes a few years back though nothing for a few years.

Could there have been a window open at just the right angle to reflect the sun at you?
This (reflection of the sun's rays by an unexpected planar surface) almost-always explains such effects.

Have a mental walk through of your viewing location relative to the time of day, and my guess is that the sun-angle will have been from behind you in the lower west (before 1800 local time, northern hemisphere)

It was seen trough the very tops of these trees
Woah....surely that means then you were headed south, towards the Blackpool t-junction?

Forget all my suggestions, then, regarding reflections of the sun: that can't be right. I wonder if it could've been a sun-dog? As in a mini-sun well to the east of the setting sun?
Screenshot (357).png

Last edited:
What's in those trees? Some sort of wedding venue by the looks of it.

Yes more or less South, it was a very bright white light as in 6500K ouch
daylight led bulb bright but bigger.
Nothing to be seen today that's for sure.
There is a wedding venue over that way but I don't know anything about it
but would not think much would be going on at 11am.
Next time I am out on the bike I will have a better look easier to park and
explore.

Last edited:
Set off on the old AJS yesterday with binoculars to see if I could see anything that may
account for it but the road was blocked not unusual round here, will try again in a day
or two.

Back